Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That Grant injury is worse than McCarthy is leading on.
I'll bet anyone Grant misses closer to 6 gamess than just 1 game.

On that note:
Here is what I could find for RB's on practice squads currently. Anyone here that you guys like?

Ian's Johnson - Arizona
Dimitri Nance - Atlanta
Curtis Steele - Baltimore
Joique Bell - Buffalo
Josh Vaughan - Carolina
Andre Anderson - Cleveland
Lonyae Miller - Dallas
Bruce Hall - Denver
Chris Ogbonnaya - Houston
Javarris James - New England
Brandon Minor - New Orleans
Charles Scott - NY Giants
Chauncey Washington - NY Jets
Martell Mallett - Philadelphia
Chris Henry - Seattle
Herb Donaldson - Tennessee
Ryan Torain - Washington

Also, some say Buffalo would be open to trading Marshawn Lynch. But is Marshawn more than we want to bite off at this time? Remember how many people wanted him so badly in the 2007 draft when they took him before us and left us with Harrell instead, so then TT got the unheard of Ryan Grant?
Lotta ironies there.

DeAngelo Williams has one year left on his contract. I wonder if Carolina would deal him. They like Mike Goodson, and I thought they also had Tyrell Sutton.
Torain was playing really well and a surprise not to make the active roster. It'd be nice to go for him.
Kuhn really can act as a HB for us, so I'm not terribly concerned about the depth; I don't share the same hope for Jackson as some on here, though, I think he's slow and unimpressive.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a runningback on our practice squad, so I would expect us to bring him up before someone else.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach Trgovac said that he would support the star-crossed Justin Harrell fully in an attempt to come back from a second season on injured reserve. Harrell has had two back surgeries and played in just 14 games since being drafted in the first round in 2007.

"I really mentally want to work hard with this kid," Trgovac said. "He's been through a lot. If he was just taking the money and running that would be one thing. But he's totally the opposite of that. I'm going to stay positive with him. He can be a really good football player."
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We almost have to add a running back. Lord help us if we have to put Kuhn back there. It's pretty easy to find just a guy to throw in the backfield. Look at all the decent looking RBs we cut over the years. I don't know who gets cut though. That's what I'm most worried about - who do we lose? Hopefully stick CJ Wilson or Nick McDonald on the PS for a few weeks and hope no one claims him. I don't think either are active anyway. Don't let Quinn Johnson or Tom Crabtree go to another team though please.

Another thought is maybe we can trade Jarrett Bush or Donald Lee or some vet for an on-the-bubble last string RB on another team

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 09-13-2010 at 08:10 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, if they go to add a RB, just cut one of the DB's. They are going to have to get rid of one anyway when Harris comes back, so why not just do it now and put a RB on the squad
Old 09-14-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut Nick McDonald. He is most definitely the 53rd man on the roster and shouldn't even be that.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:44 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Daaaaamn. He will miss a few games, but from that pic, it looks like Grant and the Packers definitely dodged a bullet. Quite lucky he didn't fracture anything
Old 09-14-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Still, Matthews left the game annoyed at himself about an interception he dropped.
"Trust me, that won't happen again," Matthews said after Sunday's game. "I'd give up a few sacks for that."

"Vick's an exceptional athlete," Matthews said. "He was moving around out there, making plays. I've been saying, the real story is, who's going to start for Philly next week?"
Gotta love his work ethic and confidence. Poking a little fun at the Eagles, too. He's the one that concussed Kolb.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Daaaaamn. He will miss a few games, but from that pic, it looks like Grant and the Packers definitely dodged a bullet. Quite lucky he didn't fracture anything

Sigh, guess the Packers didn't dodge a bullet. Glazer is reporting that Grant is done for the year.

this is reaaaaaally bad
Old 09-14-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't good at all.
Quote:

Though he's been a picture of health until this week, Grant's Green Bay career is now at a crossroads. Turning 28 in December, Grant has escalators in his contract that the Packers likely won't want to pay in 2011. He'll have to restructure to stay on

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Reports that he has a torn ligament that holds 2 bones in the ankle and would need surgery to repair, which is season ending.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. If I was to rank players we could least afford to lose it'd go something like
1. Rodgers
2. Woodson
3. Grant
****. ******* **** ******* ****.

This is bad. TT needs to make a trade for someone. Too many platoons for someone not to be on the block. Dallas and Buffalo both have 3 backs that are probably better than Jackson; someone has to be for sale.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
RT @RobDemovsky: Two sources have told me the #Packers plan to sign RB Dimitri Nance, a rookie who has been on the #Falcons practice squad.

Please don't tell me this is their answer? Sign this guy for depth as they make Jackson the full-time starter. Jackson is fine for these next few games, but I don't think he can be trusted as a feature back for a full season. I really hope this isn't the route they go, but knowing how Thompson operates, I think this is actually what we are about to see
Old 09-14-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Please don't tell me this is their answer? Sign this guy for depth as they make Jackson the full-time starter. Jackson is fine for these next few games, but I don't think he can be trusted as a feature back for a full season. I really hope this isn't the route they go, but knowing how Thompson operates, I think this is actually what we are about to see
I will bet you the keys to my 2009 Mustang and my condo that's exactly what TT has in mind.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

We'll find out in a few weeks. I think they are FINE the rest of the month, maybe audition to see how Jackson does. If he isn't exactly cutting it, I would hope they make a play for a Lynch/Jackson or Choice or somebody else on a team who is deep at RB
Old 09-14-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We'll find out in a few weeks. I think they are FINE the rest of the month, maybe audition to see how Jackson does. If he isn't exactly cutting it, I would hope they make a play for a Lynch/Jackson or Choice or somebody else on a team who is deep at RB
Do you think Choice would be an improvement? I'm kind of on the fence with that. Lynch or Jackson definitely would be, though, and you have to think the Bills would part with one for a draft pick since they just got Spiller and need all the picks they can get to rebuild. Jackson would be amazing (he could even be a better fit than Grant) but I'd be cool with Lynch, too.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Panic mode yet?
Come on TT pull some magic out of your ass, we need a RB bad. You've done it before.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn ************ son of a ******* *****. Damn that sucks.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well you heard McCarthy before saying he trusts Jackson could be a feature back if needed. I think we have all learned by now TT is not going to bring in who you think. Remember Grant was an UDFA who hadnt even played a regular season game for the Giants when we got him. Look how that turned out. I think we need to give him a chance before we panic we have had decent luck finding RBs. Plus it starts at the o-line.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Not panic mode. Packers have a favorable schedule for the next few weeks. I think they give Jackson another shot here, and if he isn't impressing/doing well, I can see them making a play for one of the BUF RB's or one from somebody else

Pisses me off that Starks has been out this entire time...dude would have been the PERFECT replacement. Hopefully he is able to return when he is eligible...but even if so, he won't be ready. He missed all of training camp. Talk about a prime opportunity for him and it went down the drain
Old 09-14-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Ryan Grant speaks via twitter:

Quote:
Guess everyone has heard the news..frustrating, disappointing, all the normal emotions..there was a chance with surgery that I come back this season, but I would miss too many weeks and put the team in a bind roster wise. It was more severe than initially thought during game..but I just have to move forward and get it right. Anyone who knows me, understands that my spirits WILL stay high..and I will return even better, stronger.. That's how I operate. But know that NOTHING has changed from the packs goal this year.The whole backfield will step up.that's guaranteed. I know the capabilities. Thanks again for all the support from everyone..much appreciated....it's tough but this is part of the game
So, with surgery, there was a chance he could return late in the season, but since they only had 1 real RB now on the roster, they had to place him on IR to make room to add another one

Uh, you telling me they couldn't have ditched a FB or a TE like Donald Lee? If there is any chance for him to return, I think you take that chance. Now, that isnt' even an option since he is on IR
Old 09-14-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess I'm the only one that isn't worried about this. I've never been high on Grant. He doesn't bring anything special to the table. Not a home run threat. Not explosive. Not hard to bring down. Not a thread as a receiever. Defenses just never needed to account for him. But, he was always reliable and didn't fumble, so, he got to be a feature back for 4 years in a high powered offense, which, in turn, led to some impressive stats.

He is replaceable. Put anybody back there. See if there's one time in the next 15 weeks that you watch a play and think "Grant would've broke that...Grant would've caught that...Grant would've got that extra yard."

Sucks for him.

But, really, between him and Ahman Green, this is the first time the Packers RB position has been in flux for the better part of a decade. Kinda exciting.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Guess I'm the only one that isn't worried about this. I've never been high on Grant. He doesn't bring anything special to the table. Not a home run threat. Not explosive.
That's what some people say, but they ignore the 30, 40 yard TDs he had.
Seems like everyone expects RBs to be strong, have speed like Chris Johnson or Jammal Charles, and to not fumble.

Grant flat-out produced for us and was a positive attribute. For 2.5 seasons.

Now, that being said, RB is not a hard position to replace if everything else around them is as good as what we got.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Grant receives far too much hate and nowhere near enough credit.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jackson could handle the position just fine. There isn't many teams out there that have a #2 RB that can step in and handle a full load, but I honestly think Jackson can and I think the Packers think he can too only keeping 2 RB to start the season. He can catch the football and is very valuable as a blocker picking up blitzes.

He won't be up to Grant's caliber, but honestly if the blocking is there up front, he'll do just fine. I love Grant because he's just so consistent, but let's face it, he's good when the line is good and doesn't create that much by himself. If Jackson can get rid of the happy feet he had behind the line of scrimmage as a rookie and just be decisive and hit the hole hard, which it looks like he has when he's played the last 2 years, I think he'll be fine as long as the line is fine.

Now if anything happens to Jackson? yeesh.....