Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-15-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that they should look into it, but I think they can afford to wait it out a bit. Give Jackson the rest of this month's match-ups, and then re-evaluate
Old 09-15-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Let's do it

Quote:
The Bills Beat has learned that at least two teams have contacted the Bills regarding the services of Marshawn Lynch during the past 48 hours.

The Green Bay Packers and the San Diego Chargers have both contacted the Bills regarding Lynch's services.
http://thebillsbeat.com/Buffalo_Bill...spx?article=84

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh damn. Count me in. a Bjax/Lynch/Kuhn trio would work just fine

forgot that Lynch is only 24 years old
Old 09-15-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Quote:
Right now Nix should be looking at shoring up the offensive line. The current starting five looked horrible in the season opener and if they don't improve the Bills will have trouble winning any games this year.
Jason Spitz and a draft pick; get it done.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

How about Jamon Meredith, Brian Brohm and a 5th round pick

we already gave them 2 guys, lets give them the pick now to finish it lol
Old 09-15-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With as badly as I wanted Lynch in 2007, I would definitely get some satisfaction out of trading for him now. Get him cheap, work him in slowly behind Jackson, and he could be a nice asset in the later end of the season. Should be interesting with Buffalo in town the weekend.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes lets do it. That article says a 2nd round pick is the asking price, that seems pretty damn pricey to me, but I hope TT can work out some sort of conditional package for him. Marshawn could perform well in our system.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd round pick does seem pricey. I would not be willing to do that deal.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's no way they're getting a second round pick. No one was going for that before the draft, they certainly won't now. I'm guessing a 4th and a player is what they'll get.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'd give them nothing more than a 4th...straight up. If they want a player in the deal, then I downgrade it to a 5th + player
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard that during the draft, they were willing to settle for a 5th rounder for Marshawn as soon as they took Spiller at #9.

I don't like wacky people, but he's so good for a cheap price you'd be crazy to pass up a chance to get him.

It could end up like getting Ahman Green in his 2nd season for Freddy Vinson, what a steal that was and an anchor at RB for us for years.

The only reason I might understand why TT and MM wouldn't do something like this is out of loyalty towards Grant going forward. I suspect the GM thinks drastic measures aren't needed yet at this position, and he may be right.

I still feel a lot better about our RB situation than I do our CB position, to be honest.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some rumors circulating that there might be an AJ Hawk for Marshawn Lynch deal in place already, but ironically the two teams of course play against each other this week so the deal would wait a week. Very bizarre.

Apparently, this is AJ Hawk's residence. Not sure if anyone lives in that area and can confirm this. http://www.trulia.com/property/photo...-Pere-WI-54115
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason Spitz and a draft pick; get it done.
I thought about Spitz too, but he's the only other center on the roster. His swing value is pretty nice.

The bills do need Lb help too. Bishop or Hawk?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I thought about Spitz too, but he's the only other center on the roster.
And that's why you don't keep keep Nick McDonald over Evan Dietrich-Smith.

Well that and Dietrich-Smith was just flat out better.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Rumors are heating up on a Hawk for Lynch trade... People are saying the bills consider Lynch not available for trade... Who knows. Speculation.

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgaze...ade-agent-says

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-15-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Isn't Hawk due for a pretty good chunk of money next year? No way the Packers will want that sort of cash strapped to a guy who only plays in base(and wasn't on the field at all last week)

Bills just lost Poslzunsky(did I get that right?) for a minimum of 2, maybe 3 weeks. If it is Hawk for Lynch straight up, I don't think I have a problem with it. Hawk has already basically been phased out.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Isn't Hawk due for a pretty good chunk of money next year? No way the Packers will want that sort of cash strapped to a guy who only plays in base(and wasn't on the field at all last week)

Bills just lost Poslzunsky(did I get that right?) for a minimum of 2, maybe 3 weeks. If it is Hawk for Lynch straight up, I don't think I have a problem with it. Hawk has already basically been phased out.
What are you talking about? Hawk started and played on Sunday.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What are you talking about? Hawk started and played on Sunday.
You serious? Hawk only played Special teams on Sunday because the Packers played nickel and dime packages all game.

hawk's due something like 10 mil next year, packers would move him if the price is right.

they get smoked.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

He still started and played. He didn't play much because he's not in those packages, but it's not like he didn't play at all as he claimed.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He still started and played. He didn't play much because he's not in those packages, but it's not like he didn't play at all as he claimed.
You don't pay a guy that much to play special teams though.

they get smoked.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Apparently, this is AJ Hawk's residence. Not sure if anyone lives in that area and can confirm this. http://www.trulia.com/property/photo...-Pere-WI-54115
I thought AJ lived by the Thornberry Golf Course but I could very well be wrong

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Bedard is saying "sources" are telling him Lynch isn't available for what it's worth.

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora says Marshawn Lynch is not available too.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-15-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, woops. Miss-worded that. I knew he played, but he didn't play much

Quote:
Bedard is saying "sources" are telling him Lynch isn't available for what it's worth.

Yup. Saw that to. They don't want to overwork Spiller. Bummer. Things can change quickly, however
Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beastmode in GB is > AD in Minn

Whatever it takes, Packers need to make it happen.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

Most likely because there's already a deal in place between Green Bay & Buffalo, but the crazy fact that they play each other this week holds it up a bit.

Also, there were denials after denials when there were all those unconfirmed rumors floating around back in 2007 about Randy Moss going to Green Bay. Turns out there was obviously a lot of substance to those rumors.

I have the odds of Lynch coming to Green Bay at close to 50%. Again, as with almost-Moss and almost-Tony Gonzalez, things can fall apart at the end because TT will always stay true to his principles. That's probably a good thing in the long run, but sometimes is a bit short-sighted. This will be interesting how it plays out.

Watch Jackson explode for 150 yards and 2 TDs this week !
Hopefully we bottle Lynch up to nothing. But don't hurt him,