Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-16-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Some rumors circulating that there might be an AJ Hawk for Marshawn Lynch deal in place already, but ironically the two teams of course play against each other this week so the deal would wait a week. Very bizarre.

Apparently, this is AJ Hawk's residence. Not sure if anyone lives in that area and can confirm this. http://www.trulia.com/property/photo...-Pere-WI-54115
Nope. AJ Hawk lives in Thornberry.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be so psyched if we got Lynch. I think Brandon Jackson will do fine, but Lynch would be a big positive on an already dangerous offense.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley vs. Whitner
  • Jermichael Finley: 6-foot-5, 247 pounds
  • Donte Whitner: 5-foot-10, 208 pounds

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So so either of the Hawk/Lynch rumours have teeth to them?
Usually where theres smoke there's fire.
Id trade Hawk in a heartbeat for a decent pick. He's gone next year anyway and he'll barely play in our defense this year so might as well get something for him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I got a feeling......
the only problem is it doesn't mean the trade will actually occur.
There was smoke about Randy Moss coming to Green Bay in 2007, and it fizzled out. The rumors there were true, but again, TT just didn't get it done in the end.

Same thing a year later with Tony Gonzalez. That was a real deal being discussed and briefly agreed to. Rumors were just rumors then, but you're right, that smoke meant there was fire behind the scenes.

I'm sure there has been serious negotiations between these two teams. I'd bet on that.

I hope we beat the Bills about 45-0 though and make that GM more desperate and embarassed than ever. Stupidly run team. Already had 2 good RBs but no QB, a bad OL and bad front 7 on D, so who do they draft high? Another RB who is only a 10-carry a game guy.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id trade Hawk in a heartbeat for a decent pick. He's gone next year anyway and he'll barely play in our defense this year so might as well get something for him.
Their salaries don't match up enough to make a trade plausable. Hawk is due $10 million next year compared to the $1.14 million that Lynch would make. The already strapped for cash Bills aren't going to take on $9 million.

Also we only played 1 game which we used the nickel package for the majority of so theres still plenty of games left for Hawk to play. He's going to be very tough to move so I wouldn't count on him going anywhere.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Hawk is traded he isnt going to be around much longer anyways.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm usually pessimistic about these things but I don't care what people are saying, Hawk is on the trading block, Lynch is on the trading block, Green Bay wants Lynch, Buffalo wants Hawk. However they have to resolve the money issue. Hawk has to get a new contract. Green Bay will set a price for Lynch and won't bend too much, so Buffalo has to have a low enough asking price. Green Bay is going to take into account that bringing in Lynch is not going to sit well with Jackson this year and Grant in the future - If Lynch gets into trouble they could end up with 3 disgruntled RBs instead of 2 happy ones next year.

I'll give it like a 20% chance. I think it mostly depends on how they can work out Hawks contract/salary and there is going to be at least a draft pick in there somewhere, which is going to be really hard to negotiate. If Buffalo has to pay Hawk a lot of cash they would probably want a high draft pick, kind of like buying Hawk and a pick. Green Bay won't like that at all.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-17-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Underwood is practicing, probably ready week 3 or 4. I'd much rather have him in nickel than Shields. Shields with help, or in a carefully planned zone would be better probably, but the way we used out nickel against the Eagles Underwood would be a much better play. He has a lot of flaws but at least he'll stick closer to his guy than Shields can and he's probably a better tackler on the edge too.

Unless I missed a Pat Lee injury, he must have just fallen off the face of the earth, because he must be pretty terrible that he can't even get into the discussion with Shields and we are counting on Underwood coming back and playing ASAP.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Unless I missed a Pat Lee injury, he must have just fallen off the face of the earth, because he must be pretty terrible that he can't even get into the discussion with Shields and we are counting on Underwood coming back and playing ASAP.
Now we all finally see it.
In the spring, we heard how he was going to all of a sudden become a good CB. Those are the things, like Barbre last year and Breno this year, that we have to see to believe.

Pat Lee was never a good cover corner at Auburn. He was barely draftable in my opinion. He rarely had to defend the pass much, only had a lot of playing time one year, and he didn't show any ball skills then. The SEC, with Tebow and McFadden and Felix Jones, Knowshon Moreno, etc. were run-first teams, not like the pass-happy Big 12.

There wasn't as much film on Lee playing the ball, and playing it well, to justify him ever being taken that damn high.

TT has done a great job overall, but whoever his CB scout is has failed miserably in his 6 years here. We have no good draft picks at that position since TT has been running the show.

Undrafted Sam I am appears to be the one with the most potential to become good. But he still has a long, long ways to go to get there. But I already like him better than Underwood.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:41 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the thing about TT having ten picks per draft, a lot of those players are no longer with the team. I think he's done a great job retooling the talent and building an offense. His offenive line scout is not good, though. College is replaceable. Spitz is not starting. Giacomini is PS. Barbre is cut. Moll was traded away. Juice didn't last. The guards situation languished until Sitton. Wells was a Sherman player. Lang hasn't shown anything yet, but I'm hopeful. Bulaga is about it as far as guys with lots of promise, and it shows OL should have been addressed earlier than TT has been addressing it in rounds.
CB another weakness that hasn't been adequately addressed, along with the special teams. There was the article on this in the JS.
What he has hit on is the offensive skill players and he's found some good defenders.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
That's the thing about TT having ten picks per draft, a lot of those players are no longer with the team.
Yeah, but that's also because you can only keep a certain number of players. The number of Ted Thompson drafts picks that are on an NFL roster after leaving Green Bay is a very high % and that speaks volumes.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 07:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We think, we hope, that this Packers team is Super Bowl material. That we can agree on.

I believe that we need to crush teams like the Bills. I don't want to see any lackluster s*** out there. I don't want slow starts. Don't want our defense to allow the Bills any momentum. I don't want to be trailing at all, or barely ahead 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter.

Looking back to our last Championship team, the 1996 Packers, we kicked crappy team's asses. We crushed mediocre teams.

We started that year 8-1, and that included the first 3 games of the year with these scores:

34-3 @ Tampa Bay
39-13 vs Philly
42-10 vs San Diego

Then we had our annual f*** up at the Metrodome and lost. But the next week, we got right back and won:

31-10 @ Seattle
37-6 @ Chicago

We finished the season scoring at least 30 points in our final 6 games, and winning all of them by a minimum of 14 points, which was the Super Bowl. That was the closest game we had since a week 14 comfy 28-17 win over the Bears on December 1st.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers 2-0, Vikings 0-2

And that ****** had 3 INTs plus a fumble

Take some time to enjoy that.

Sure the Bears are 2-0 as well, but we'll take care of that next week.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I'd say there's not much question us and the Saints are the top 2 NFC teams right now. Bears look like a legitimate threat inside our division though. I don't see the Vikings just going away even with the way Favre is playing and the Giants could make a statement tonight.

Playing in Chicago on Monday Night next week is going to be a huge game. Peppers is going to test our OL and our defense is going to test Cutler.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-19-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Vikings will go away. Hell they have a shot at starting out 1-5. With how bad Minnesota has been and how much of a fight Detroit's been putting up they could even lose to the Lions next week. I don't really expect them to be this bad all year, but they've dug themselves quite a hole at 0-2 and will have a hard time getting out of it with the teams coming up on their schedule. I doubt they completely fall off the face of the earth and finish 4-12, but there's no reason they should finish ahead of us.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmMNpbFjp0

PS Clay Matthews is downright nasty. What a beast. Thompson was a genius to find him.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears still don't look like a threat to me. LOL at the Vikings, though. I fully expect them to overpay big time for V-jax now, after 2 pitiful offensive performances

Favre has a QB rating of about 56 after 2 games! Love it
Old 09-19-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Wooooow Bulaga might have (sort of) taken the LT job away from Clifton. Word is his knee is swelling and he's been getting beat so they put in Bulaga because Clifton wasn't performing due to injury. McCarthy isn't saying much but he definitely isn't saying Clifton is our starting LT. We got soooooo lucky Bulaga lasted as long as he did on draft day IMO. He looked good out there today.

It might be McCarthy politely giving Clifton an excuse for being a backup or it might be Clifton showing his age and playing on old knees that aren't ever going to be healthy enough to be a starter.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 09-19-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Sam Shields and Morgan Burnett deserve some credit as well. Shields with that big hit and stop on the 3rd and 5 and good coverage all game. Every single week he's gotten better. Morgan Burnett had that amazing strip interception that kind of got overlooked because the game was turning into a blowout. He played good coverage all game though from what I saw, not much of a presence in the run though, not sure if we're asking him to be or not.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Burnett did not look great in the run d. Whiffed some tackles. LOL I guess its the #42. Sharper was the same way

but he made an impact by forcing a turnover. Good to see Brad Jones and Raji RETURN to the game after they briefly left with knee injuries

Also, I think Bulaga is going to be the LT from here on out.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yeah, Burnett did not look great in the run d. Whiffed some tackles. LOL I guess its the #42. Sharper was the same way
I've seen him wiff BAD a few times but I've also seen him lay some hits and cut through blockers. It's inconsistency with him. I have 100% confidence that he'll round out his game and start making most of those tackles. I hope he does it by week 6 instead of year 3 though.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-19-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

It's frustrating to see, but he IS a rookie so you expect growing pains. I'm stoked about HOPEFULLY getting Neal back for next week. Big divisional game next week
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Bulaga against Peppers scares me next week. A lot to be honest.
Maybe it's the fact that I watched last year's game of Iowa vs Michigan where Brandon Graham was too much for Bulaga. Peppers is years ahead of Graham.

I'd prefer a healthy Clifton. And let's chip the hell out of Peppers. Frustrate him.

I know we are better than the Bears. But the game could go either way.
Remember we were lucky to beat them last year week one in Green Bay.
And they played tough at home late last year handing the Vikings a rare loss. And that was before Peppers, and with Urlacher out. And damn, Devin Hester looked like a real wide receiver today. I expect the Vegas line to be pretty close on this one.

There's always a surprise team that starts out 3-0, 4-0. I sure hope it isn't Da Bears, but it could be. This is an early must-win game because the division title is big goal #1.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Bulaga against Peppers scares me next week. A lot to be honest.
Maybe it's the fact that I watched last year's game of Iowa vs Michigan where Brandon Graham was too much for Bulaga. Peppers is years ahead of Graham.

I'd prefer a healthy Clifton. And let's chip the hell out of Peppers. Frustrate him.

I know we are better than the Bears. But the game could go either way.
Remember we were lucky to beat them last year week one in Green Bay.
And they played tough at home late last year handing the Vikings a rare loss. And that was before Peppers, and with Urlacher out. And damn, Devin Hester looked like a real wide receiver today. I expect the Vegas line to be pretty close on this one.

There's always a surprise team that starts out 3-0, 4-0. I sure hope it isn't Da Bears, but it could be. This is an early must-win game because the division title is big goal #1.

Very well put.

Just stopping by, came in to say it should be a fun game next week. I am praying for Jay Cutler's life versus Clay Matthews who has been scary beastly in the first two weeks. (Anyone check him for steroids, guy is going nuts!) Anyway it should be a good game, I'm hoping da Bears come out on top but it should fun to watch.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote