Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news is Cutler went the entire game today without throwing an INT. That means he is due for a few gifts next monday!

It is early in the year, but any divisional game is a big one, especially when that team has the same record as you do. It is officially BEARS week. I'm already ready for next monday
Old 09-20-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Bulaga against Peppers scares me next week. A lot to be honest.
Maybe it's the fact that I watched last year's game of Iowa vs Michigan where Brandon Graham was too much for Bulaga. Peppers is years ahead of Graham.

I'd prefer a healthy Clifton. And let's chip the hell out of Peppers. Frustrate him.

I know we are better than the Bears. But the game could go either way.
Remember we were lucky to beat them last year week one in Green Bay.
And they played tough at home late last year handing the Vikings a rare loss. And that was before Peppers, and with Urlacher out. And damn, Devin Hester looked like a real wide receiver today. I expect the Vegas line to be pretty close on this one.

There's always a surprise team that starts out 3-0, 4-0. I sure hope it isn't Da Bears, but it could be. This is an early must-win game because the division title is big goal #1.
Wasn't this one of Bulaga's first games back from injury?

I'm not trying to say that was the only reason, but I would also assume he's grown quite a bit as a player since last October. I would believe if you put Bulaga on Graham again, Bulaga would win this time. Obviously, I am not trying to compare Peppers and Graham I would definitely say I'm worried about the match-up too. He is not exactly the guy you want someone making his first start against, but I think it's possible he can be kept in check. Especially if, like you mentioned, they chip and double him early and often. From how it sounds there wont be a healthy Clifton out there and from how he looked today injured, Bulaga has to be the way to go.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not only do we got to wait an extra day but we also have to beat the Bears at their house. :D

Is it Monday yet?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media has been trashing our running game against the Bills. It wasn't spectacular but it was pretty good vs. the Bills IMO. We had a solid YPC around 4 and the play action was working all day. That's what it's supposed to do in our offense, not eat up 40 carries like on some teams. IIRC Grant never got more than 20 carries or so the last 2 years. A couple times when he did it was a huge, noticeable deviation from our offense, you could tell the other team spent all week working on the pass O so McCarthy said screw it lets run the ball up the middle.

I miss Grant though. He was a good, no nonsense, reliable runner. I hope we get someone. Lynch is supposedly available for a starting OL. I don't want to mess with our depth there, even someone like Clifton or Spitz, I kind of feel like they are necessary parts of the roster we put together in preseason and it would be very risky to get rid of them.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no, our running game does suck without Grant...it's pretty obvious we really have no potential for a big run and Jackson looks so slow out of his cuts...Kuhn is our best option right now because he's the one that make the YPC look respectable

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
no, our running game does suck without Grant...it's pretty obvious we really have no potential for a big run and Jackson looks so slow out of his cuts...Kuhn is our best option right now because he's the one that make the YPC look respectable
but, did we really have potential for a big run with Grant?

I don't think so. he could hit a big hole, the same way any half capable NFL RB could. but, you'd never define Ryan Grant as a home run threat.

The RB by committee did what was asked of them.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I saw the play action working so well it was hard to say our running game wasn't doing it's job. We get home run passes off our running game way more often than most other teams get home plays of any kind.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
but, did we really have potential for a big run with Grant?

I don't think so. he could hit a big hole, the same way any half capable NFL RB could. but, you'd never define Ryan Grant as a home run threat.

The RB by committee did what was asked of them.
I wouldn't call him a homer threat compared to other big time backs in the league but compared to the players on our roster right now he's Ryan Braun compared to Joe Inglett

Old 09-20-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson looked like poop this game. He spends to much time bouncing around. I can't believe we used Kuhn as much as we did. The guy isn't a RB. I like giving him the ball right up the middle if we need a yard or so but otherwise no.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-20-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills are a bad football team.
Don't judge a game against them too much.

Remember, the critics said Ryan Grant was too slow and not explosive enough.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
The Bills are a bad football team.
Don't judge a game against them too much.

Remember, the critics said Ryan Grant was too slow and not explosive enough.
Grant may be fairly slow for a starting RB and not all that explosive but he is something Jackson is not. Decisive. How many times do you see Grant dance? He is the proto-typical north-south runner. We need to make a trade. Jackson is awful. There are RBs to be had, we need to go after one (but won't.)

Bears are 2-0 (because TD receptions aren't always TD receptions) and coming off a huge win. However, the Cowboys had a horrible defensive gameplan for the game (they went 5+ DBs 11 times in the game and it's a fact that Cutler fails against that many DBs) and played one of their classic we're-so-good-we-don't-need-to-show-up games.

Our pass rush should destroy their weak line (Matthews 9 sacks after 3 games? Haha.) and you'd have to assume our ball-hawking secondary is going to get some picks. The biggest question marks are which Rodgers is going to show up, how we fare against Peppers, and if we get burned by their speedster WRs. A win would put us in the driver's seat in the division, a loss wouldn't be crippling but it'd raise questions.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 09-20-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"We'll evaluate Chad (medical). When we get him to the point when he's ready to go, he'll go. He's our starter"
Old 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Anyone want Brandon Jacobs? If the Giants are willing to give him away for peanuts, which is probably true, I'd take him. Whatever, he's overrated, he's not a great fit, but he's way better than Dimitri.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-20-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want anything to do with Brandon Jacobs.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Anyone want Brandon Jacobs? If the Giants are willing to give him away for peanuts, which is probably true, I'd take him. Whatever, he's overrated, he's not a great fit, but he's way better than Dimitri.
He's probably underrated right now. He's a bad fit. He's way better than Jackson. I'd love him. He would accomplish what we need (consistently gain 2-3 yards, pound in short yardage.) Huge upgrade and probably available pretty cheap (5th or 6th rounder.)

Makes too much sense to happen.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

Makes too much cents to happen.
Yes, Jacobs make far too much money and is so awful of a football player that he would not help our team at all...Kuhn is a far better option for us

Old 09-20-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Yes, Jacobs make far too much money and is so awful of a football player that he would not help our team at all...Kuhn is a far better option for us
Who cares how much money he makes? And how is he an awful player? His last couple of years have had injury issues but before that he was beastly, top 10 RB with back to back 10+ TD, 1k+ yard, 5.0 avg years.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Who cares how much money he makes?
Ted Thompson
Old 09-20-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Ted Thompson
/sigh. I just don't want to see a potential Super Bowl season derailed because Brandon Jackson is our RB. I wish we'd get someone. SOMEONE!

Old 09-21-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

We did, we got Dimitri Nance! :D

Bargain bin price, TT's favorite.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 09-22-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted to see more of Nance last week. He should have had more carries that Kuhn got, IMO.

Running plays aren't that complicated to learn. Just getting the handoff is the key. That's where vision come sinto play with the ZBS. See daylight, hit it.

Go Packers, and go Lions this week!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Great article on CLAY MATTHEWS:
http://packersinsider.com/2010/09/nf...from-the-clay/

Also, just watched Ahman Green rip off 9 & then 12 on his first 2 carries for Omaha in the UFL. It's on now live on HDnet on channel 306.

Jeff Garcia is the QB.
Garcia would be the best QB on the Bills, Browns, and Panthers right now, as well as some other teams.
Ahman is still good enough to play in the NFL.

TD pass for Garcia right now....
Old 09-27-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I forgot about James Starks. He comes off the PUP in a few weeks. Not a huge fan (I think he'll get hurt too much) but if he comes back healthy he might make a significant impact and give us some of what we lost in Grant.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
An NFL source said Monday night that the Bills, who had rebuffed not only the Packers’ advances but any team’s inquiries about the availability of the 2007 first-round draft pick, have put out word that they will at least start listening to offers for Lynch. Whether the Packers will – or will try to – trade for Lynch before the Oct. 19 trade deadline remains to be seen.

Multiple reports in recent weeks have said that the Packers inquired about Lynch’s availability, and the source confirmed Monday night that the team had indeed contacted the Bills about him, even before Lynch ran 17 times for 64 yards against the Packers last week
http://espnmilwaukee.com/includes/ne...&section_id=40

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

If the Packers want to win this year, they need Lynch. Or try to trade for a RB on a team loaded with RBs like Buffalo or Carolina. On defense, they should be ok once all the injuries come back. Pickett and Raji are playing way too much and Shields is starting to get exposed. Neal, Underwood, Harris, Bigby and B. Jones would help a lot.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote