Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4
If Favre leaves we should take Dwayne Jarrett, A.Rods goanna need another target, plus this guys huge in the redzone (6'5 210).
He fits the WCO perfectly and thats the only reason why I want him on the team. He's probably my #3 want for possible realistic picks
Old 01-03-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarrett would be a good fit for the Packers, perhaps even allowing them to go with a three wide-out set if his blocking is decent and get the TEs off the field if we don't bring in someone competent. I personally hope that Ginn falls to the Packers. I don't want Lynch in round 1, but a safety would be OK if one falls. I think 16 is a little high for Olsen/Miller, but I'd like to see TT trade down to 24 or so and take one of those two.

Notice that when the Packers apply an arse-whooping that the Bears fans posting in here dissappear? Chicago had a great year, but after seeing how pathetic their QBs were, against what one poster dubbed "the least-talented team in the NFL", I doubt too many Bears fans are thinking that their opening game is a gimme...

I would like to target Lance Briggs in FA. Adalius might be the best defensive FA, but getting Briggs weakens the Division winner and solidifies the LB corp. Either of them would allow us to go 3-4 if the team wanted that look. We could almost do it now, though we're not that deep, but Hodge next to Barnett doesn't suck.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur
Jarrett would be a good fit for the Packers, perhaps even allowing them to go with a three wide-out set if his blocking is decent and get the TEs off the field if we don't bring in someone competent. I personally hope that Ginn falls to the Packers. I don't want Lynch in round 1, but a safety would be OK if one falls. I think 16 is a little high for Olsen/Miller, but I'd like to see TT trade down to 24 or so and take one of those two.

Notice that when the Packers apply an arse-whooping that the Bears fans posting in here dissappear? Chicago had a great year, but after seeing how pathetic their QBs were, against what one poster dubbed "the least-talented team in the NFL", I doubt too many Bears fans are thinking that their opening game is a gimme...

I would like to target Lance Briggs in FA. Adalius might be the best defensive FA, but getting Briggs weakens the Division winner and solidifies the LB corp. Either of them would allow us to go 3-4 if the team wanted that look. We could almost do it now, though we're not that deep, but Hodge next to Barnett doesn't suck.
A couple things I don't agree about. One, Ginn is not the receiver we need. If we take a WR in round one it will be a big possesion guy(Jarret). Two, TE is a need but even if we trade down it's not the right place to spend the first pick. Three, NO way we convert to a 3-4. We would have to make a lot more changes and we are starting to get a very good 4-3.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur

A couple things I don't agree about. One, Ginn is not the receiver we need. If we take a WR in round one it will be a big possesion guy(Jarret). Two, TE is a need but even if we trade down it's not the right place to spend the first pick. Three, NO way we convert to a 3-4. We would have to make a lot more changes and we are starting to get a very good 4-3.
what he said
Old 01-03-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
If Favre leaves we should take Dwayne Jarrett, A.Rods goanna need another target, plus this guys huge in the redzone (6'5 210).
He fits the WCO perfectly and thats the only reason why I want him on the team. He's probably my #3 want for possible realistic picks
If the Packers want a big target they should just trade a draft pick to Detroit for Mike Williams or wait for him to be cut. Jarrett probably is a little better but Mike Williams still has alot of talent he just needs the right coaching and hes a much lower risk and cheaper price.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDIAC CAT 7
Quote:
Quote:
If the Packers want a big target they should just trade a draft pick to Detroit for Mike Williams or wait for him to be cut. Jarrett probably is a little better but Mike Williams still has alot of talent he just needs the right coaching and hes a much lower risk and cheaper price.
Mike Williams has proved that he can't make it in the NFL. I don't want to see him signed
Old 01-03-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I definitely wouldnt mind that, since we could then focus our first round pick on other needs. Since, Driver, Jennings, Robinson (when he comes back), and Williams is better than what we have now.

I guess it would depend on what they would have to give up for him, if anything.

Like you said there would be little to no risk in getting Williams, especially if he was cut.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
CARDIAC CAT 7
Rookie

CARDIAC CAT 7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mike Williams has proved that he can't make it in the NFL. I don't want to see him signed
We would basically be giving up nothing for a guy that has a similar skill set to Jarrett. While Jarrett would cost a first round pick.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

we should make bets on how many picks TT will end up with after all the trading down. I'm gunna say he's gunna have a down year and finish with 9.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

call me crasy but I think the packers should trade for shaub. Remember the last QB we got from Atlanta. Happend once it happen again.
(theres a lot of sarcasm involved if you couldn't read it)
Old 01-03-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we should make bets on how many picks TT will end up with after all the trading down. I'm gunna say he's gunna have a down year and finish with 9.
I don't think he'll do that as much this year. In previous years, there were a lot of holes that needed to be filled, whereas this year there are fewer, more minor, holes that need to be filled.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would really like to see Marshawn Lynch in Green Bay. I think he'd really get a chance to shine up there, especially right now. I think he'd be a PERFECT fit there and would make an absolutely dominant RB in the ZBS that they are installing. I hope he gets the chance to fall that far!
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

who other than lynch u see the pack takin if lynch aint there?
i wouldnt mind Ted Ginn :D

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Darrelle Revis or Puz.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36
I would. but mostly because I think he's gunna be a bust but thats just me
Old 01-03-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Darrelle Revis or Puz.
Ginn-NO!
PP-We aren't going to go LB. If we upgrade it'll be through FA, if not I'm fine with Brady
Revis-The best out of the three but is still isn't too high on my list.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

Gravedigger42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At this point my preference would be to take Lynch. If he's gone then I think our most pressing needs that I would address with a first rounder is DB or interior DL that can pressure the QB. Our LB group is fine, if Pop isn't the answer then making due with Hawk, Barnett, and Hodge would still be better than most LB groups in the league. I mean thats 2 studs and 1 potential playmaker. My concern with is that Green isn't gonna want a 1 year deal. At this point in his carrer he is looking for 1 last big payday that will take him into retirement. I would love to keep him around but I don't know that his asking price and # of years will be worth it. I agree with most that we need to do something about our TE, but I don't think spending a 1st rounder this year would be a good idea. If Favre returns then TGonz may consider GB if TT is willing to spend the money but if Favre is gone then Gonzo will go to a potential SB contender. I think we can make due with our current WR's and try to find a good value deeper in the draft. Too many WR busts from 1st round to be worth the risk. Esp Ginn. If we do end up with Jarrett I would be ok with that but not my first, 2nd or third choice.
Gravedigger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
I don't think he'll do that as much this year. In previous years, there were a lot of holes that needed to be filled, whereas this year there are fewer, more minor, holes that need to be filled.
that is exactly right last year we had many needs, opposed to this year when many of the needs are more specific. I could see them trading up in some rounds and giving away picks this year instead. We are much closer to a playoff contender now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

What do you guys think about Amobi Okoye?
Old 01-04-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU RB i think his number is 5 is amazing and would fit perfecly in the ZBS when is he coming out?
Old 01-04-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
I think he's still a little raw but with a little work he can be pretty good he will have some extra time to get better because he is only 19. Right now he is projected as a high first round pick. I'm pretty sure he has received comparisons to Warren Sapp because of his ability to get off the ball quickly.

Here's Scott's scouting report of him

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...mobiokoye.html

I don't really thin the Packers should draft him though, they just have too many other glaring holes than at DT. Where they already have 1 good pretty good starter and a few average ones.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
we have much bigger needs than DT and thats the only reason I'm against him. I think he could be a real good player for a really long time
Old 01-04-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So lets forget about Marshawn Lynch for a second, who else would the Packers draft?

thank you
Old 01-04-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Gravedigger42
Rookie

Gravedigger42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Actually I think a DT would be a very good pick for the pack. Part of the reason the pass defense was terrible in the first half was a weak pass rush. Too many QB's were able to step up in the pocket and buy that extra 1-2 seconds they need to let a WR get open. It might not be the most pressing need but if the right DT is available and Lynch/Jarrett are gone I woulnd't be dissapointed at all. In fact when were looking at a top 10 pick this year I was hoping for Branch if he declared.
Gravedigger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger42
Actually I think a DT would be a very good pick for the pack. Part of the reason the pass defense was terrible in the first half was a weak pass rush. Too many QB's were able to step up in the pocket and buy that extra 1-2 seconds they need to let a WR get open. It might not be the most pressing need but if the right DT is available and Lynch/Jarrett are gone I woulnd't be dissapointed at all. In fact when were looking at a top 10 pick this year I was hoping for Branch if he declared.
Yeah, maybe this would be a good post but the fact of the matter is the packers have a top 5 pass rushing defense. And jenkins had 6.5 sacks, williams has 7, we have enough productivity there at DT