Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Favre as much as anyone else here.
This year though, watching Favre suck, having the sexual harassment thing come up, seeing him get beaten to a pulp consistently, and watching him turn himself into a walking punch-line does make me a bit sad. Not because I like him... I do enjoy watching him fail.... but because of what he used to mean. Used to be my childhood hero. Used to be such an awesome figure. Now he's just such a loser. The traitor thing is what makes me hate him. His 'patheticness' is what makes me sad. Wish it didn't end this way.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life is good in Packer land... A big win yesterday, no QB drama, no WR drama, no head coach drama. This is really turning into the best couple of days Green Bay has seen in awhile.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Life is good in Packer land... A big win yesterday, no QB drama, no WR drama, no head coach drama. This is really turning into the best couple of days Green Bay has seen in awhile.
I love the NFL. Things change so fast.
2-3 weeks ago, everyone (including me) had lost all faith. We were also scared of Favre/Moss coming to town.
Now we're one game against a 1-6 team away from 6-3 heading into the bye.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah woah woah, everyone lost faith? Don't group me, and plenty of others, into that.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Woah woah woah, everyone lost faith? Don't group me, and plenty of others, into that.
Lost faith may have been too strong haha. But after the two straight OT losses and the ridiculous amounts of injuries we suffered, I remember feeling like the season was headed for disaster.

I still had hope... Just felt pessimistic....think last years TB game. We were all pretty down after that, then boom, we finished strong.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be too quick to drink the kool aide though, we still have some issues on the offensive side of the ball especially. We're a good, but flawed (and injured) team with a tough schedule. We're in a good place right now, but we have a tough road ahead of us.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well hopefully the way things are going we will atleast get to watch the Vikings suffer more at the very minimum.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well hopefully the way things are going we will atleast get to watch the Vikings suffer more at the very minimum.
You think our division winner will have 9 wins, or 10?
Honestly, I can't see anymore than 10 by any of our teams.
I don't see the Bears or Vikings being better than 8-8 by any stretch of the imagination.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's very difficult to hate the Vikings beyond the standard principles right now, not after the [BLEEP] that Childress is doing.

It's happened here before. You guys remember the crap Dan Devine and Forrest Gregg did when they coached here?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
It's very difficult to hate the Vikings beyond the standard principles right now, not after the [BLEEP] that Childress is doing.

It's happened here before. You guys remember the crap Dan Devine and Forrest Gregg did when they coached here?
LOL, most of the guys here have probably not heard of Devine and Forrest Gregg before!

We've had more than our share of injuries, obviously. Record amount of missed games form starters, including superkey players.

But what a mess they have in Minnesota.
And here in Dallas.

We can't tale Dallas lightly though. Their defense has shut down Rodgers the past 2 years, in Green Bay, and when we weren't stumbling on offense as we are this year. That game is no gimme even though Dallas is 1-6. Records are meaningless really. Cleveland showed that at New Orleans 2 weeks ago.

Tampa Bay showed that to us last year.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well Dallas is such a clusterf#@k right now I'd be shocked if they got up to play anybody, but we can't do the same thing after winning 2 key games, coming home right before the bye

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
well Dallas is such a clusterf#@k right now I'd be shocked if they got up to play anybody, but we can't do the same thing after winning 2 key games, coming home right before the bye
Anything could happen this week... they could just lay an egg.
But they also could come out loose as hell, nothing to lose since they're already dead..... and then play a great game. I've seen sh*t like that before in the NFL.

Their defense made Garrard look like YA Tittle last week, but even in Rodgers 2 great years 08 & 09, the Dallas defense did a great job bottling him up.

In 2008, both teams were 2-0 and Dallas spanked us in Green Bay, with Arod throwing 0 TDs in our first loss of the season.

Last year, we won, but it was only 3-0 entering the 4th quarter, and that game was won almost all thanks to Charles Woodson, and Clay Matthews.

Rodgers threw just one TD, that to Spencer Havner.

Interesting note is that last year, we held Miles Austin to 20 yards receiving even though that was the year he blossomed into a stud.

But the year before, 2008, he was a total nobody and he torched us for 2 bombs, including a touchdown, and went over 100 yards on us.

I expect a battle in this game Sunday night. We better beat those guys. But if anyone expects them to fly up there, and lay down and make it easy for us, is fooling themselves.

They will have a pulse, and will be playing for their Pro Bowl votes as it's NBC Football Night in America.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
You think our division winner will have 9 wins, or 10?
Honestly, I can't see anymore than 10 by any of our teams.
I don't see the Bears or Vikings being better than 8-8 by any stretch of the imagination.

Before the season, I had the Bears finishing last at about 5-11. Even with their hot start, I'm still not buying them as a legit threat. Their schedule is about to get real brutal down the stretch to. I think they finish 8-8 or 7-9 at best...so yeah, 9 wins probably will be enough to win the division. Vikes have the talent, but that team is so dysfunctional right now with all the drama, the disconnect between the players and the coach that I don't see how they dig themselves out of this hole. This division is really the Packers to lose

The defense, oddly enough, seems to be getting better IMO. The offense needs to step up now, even with the loss of Grant/Finley, they should be more productive than this
Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

From JSonline:

Former Packers tight end Spencer Havner visited the team on Friday to undergo a physical and see how far he has come in rehabilitation of a pulled hamstring, his agent said.

Havner, who was let go in camp and picked up by the Detroit Lions, was released again after suffering the hamstring pull. The Packers may need help after rookie Andrew Quarless suffered a shoulder injury against the Jets Sunday and Havner would eventually be able to help fill the void.
However, he isn't fully healed from the hamstring injury and probably would be a candidate to be signed coming out of the bye.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Montgomery was cut. Probably making room for Bigby.

Didn't even know Quarless was hurt.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Didn't even know Quarless was hurt.
Somebody always is this year......

And Donald Driver said tonight that he'll be out for the Dallas game. And then the bye week so hopefully Double-D heals up fully before the game at Minny on Nov 21.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Finly has emergency surgery!!!

Usually, we hear that surgical procedures performed on pro athletes were at all times a success. When there's a complication, a public announcement rarely comes.

That's precisely what happened with Packers tight end Jermichael Finley, who underwent leg surgery after being injured on October 17 against the Redskins.

"I had a second surgery," Finley told Jason Wilde of ESPN Milwaukee. "Nobody knows about it. I had caught a real small infection in my knee, so I had to go in about a week ago, had to go back under and get the infection out. I was in the hospital for two days. I'm surprised nobody knew about it. I had to get all these antibiotics in me, get blood drawn four or five times a day. It's terrible. Right now, I've got this IV in my chest, a central line."

A central line? It doesn't sound like a "real small" infection at all.

"[i]t was emergency surgery," Finley said. "I had a 105 fever, I called Doc [team physician Pat McKenzie] and said, 'I'm not feeling too good,' and we had to rush in and clean out the infection. I don't know what it's called. I guess you could call it a staph infection, but I don't think that's what it was. But I had to rush in and they put a central line in my chest. I won't get this taken out for another month and a half. Three times a day I have to get antibiotics put through it."

Again, it doesn't sound like a "real small" infection at all.

We wish Finley well in his recovery. And we hate to see what condition he'd be in right now if it had been a "real big" infection.

From profootballtalk
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks for J-Mike; just get healthy for next season.

I know this has been mentioned before about Merriman, but now he has been released. I would love to have him. Him and Matthews would make a deadly tandem on the outside. This year maybe not so much, but I am talking about the future. That way the Pack and TT would not have to draft an OLB so early. I would like the move, I think it would be best for Merriman if he went to a small market, you get him now, have him practice for two weeks, maybe he plays a little bit here and there. He could be just what we need to make a strong push into the postseason.

Well you can scratch that idea, notice how the Bills snagged him as soon as they could in waivers. Merriman will be back, maybe not this season, but next. He is a good player who was in major need of a change of scenery.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 11-03-2010 at 05:34 PM.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

That is news that you do not want to here. Havent staph infections ended players careers? The Browns had a huge outbreak of staph infections a few years ago from what I remember. It ended LeCharles Bentley's career.

Quote:
On July 22, 2010 espn.com reported that LeCharles Bentley was suing the Cleveland Browns for having him rehab in training facilities where other members of the Cleveland Browns had gotten staph infections. The staph infection did not allow his left patella tendon to heal. Bentley is reportedly suing for at least $25,000

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 11-03-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
That is news that you do not want to here. Havent staph infections ended players careers? The Browns had a huge outbreak of staph infections a few years ago from what I remember. It ended LeCharles Bentley's career.
Yeah that was a nasty nasty deal the Browns had there, and I remember when the Browns signed LeCharles Bentley as a rich FA addition.
He tore his ACL or broke his leg either in the first game, or before it. They never got anything out of that big ticket addition from the Saints.

Kinda like us from Joe Johnson, also from the Saints.

We better make sure J-Mike is taken care of! Sometimes antibiotics stop working, then it's bad bad news. This guy is our Antonio Gates/Dallas Clark and we gotta have him back.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's pretty rare especially in modern times. Sometimes if they don't catch it early enough they would have to amputate or cut out ligaments, tendons, flesh, bone, wherever the infection is. They didn't have to do anything like that with Finley.

That really sucks for him. I can emphasize with him somewhat coming off a pretty bad illness myself where I wasn't eating or going out into public unless absolutely necessary.

He had a 105 degree fever for 12-15 hours. That's a critical, critical situation. If he doesn't go to the doctor his life would have been in serious danger. 107-108 is where you brain starts to cook. Sitting on 105 for 12 hours is just barely being not dead for over half a day.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-03-2010, 06:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://tinyurl.com/33s2ujx
Wednesday Packers Injury Updates

Matthews & Colledge the latest new injuries.
Driver on crutches.
Bigby back?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
http://tinyurl.com/33s2ujx
Wednesday Packers Injury Updates

Matthews & Colledge the latest new injuries.
Driver on crutches.
Bigby back?
Matthews just hurt his shin, he'll be fine.

Bigby will be backup when he does come back.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Sweet video here most of y'all haven't seen.
Crank up the volume.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Bigby will be backup when he does come back.
From starter to #3 thanks to mismanaging an injury situation

Thanks to BK for the sig