Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Has ne1 heard if Al or Bigby will be back for the Dallas game?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Montgomery was cut so there is an open roster spot. Last I heard is they were going to wait until Saturday to add 1 of them who im assuming would be active on gameday.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing happening all night in Cheeseland?

Here's Thursday's practice report:
Quote:
* OG Daryn Colledge (back) was not at practice. He did very little yesterday after his back flared up. He said it was general soreness from last Sunday and that he thought he would be ready for Dallas. Jason Spitz would probably be the fill-in if Colledge can't play.
* LB Clay Matthews (shin) and DE Ryan Pickett (ankle) both took part in the walk-through. That's more than they did on Wednesday. But they did not take part in the full-speed workout that follows.
* TE Andrew Quarless (shoulder) returned to practice, a day after coach Mike McCarthy made it clear he was not happy with him sitting out.
* CB Charles Woodson (toe) took part in the walk-through and then left. LT Chad Clifton (hamstring/knee) returned to practice in full
* WR Donald Driver (thigh) and CB Pat Lee (ankle) are out.

GETTING NOSEY

Of all of Tim Masthay's punts Sunday, the one special teams coach Shawn Slocum loved the best was a fourth-quarter hit from the Packers 36 with 3:57 left in the game.

The punt only went 41 yards, but the hangtime and placement were so good, the Jets had no chance for a return. They took the ball over at their own 23 and netted minus-1 yards on the ensuing drive, allowing the Packers to seal the game with a Mason Crosby field goal with 2:03 left.

"The last one he had, he had in excess of 4.8 seconds of hang time at 41 yards," Slocum said. "That's pretty good. He was close to having a sixth punt inside the 20. A 40-yard net is a pretty good exchange."

That punt was one of four "drop" punts Masthay used. The "drop" punt is an Australian Rules-style kick where the punter actually hits the nose of the football instead of the mid-section.

That causes it to fly end over end. Masthay learned the finer points of the style from his training camp competition, Chris Bryan.

"They hit more soft," Slocum said. "Sometimes they’ll back spin, which is ideal. A lot of time they just hit it softer than a spiraling ball. You’ve seen those, they hit the ground and it almost accelerates. These balls, even if they move forward, hit softly."

They're only used for dropping the ball inside the 20 or preventing a return. Masthay's other four punts were spirals, including the first three in which he averaged 51.3.

HOLD HIM IN CHECK

LB Clay Matthews had a special message for right tackle Bryan Bulaga regarding Cowboys LB DeMarcus Ware.

I was always give him a hard time and tell him he has to hold him if he (Ware) beats him," Matthews said. "Obviously, just like myself, I’m sure Ware is looking at those sacks and he’s right on my tail.

"I told him, ‘Hold him if you need to.' But it’s all in fun and jest. He’s a fantastic athlete. I actually watch his film to better myself."

Matthews leads the NFL with 9.5. Ware is tied for second with 8.
HOW CAN ANYONE NOT LOVE RYAN PICKETT?
I love the big class act... very under-appreciated big fella.
Quote:
PUT ME IN, COACH

Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett (ankle) was a limited participant at practice Thursday, but was hopeful of playing Sunday. Pickett has been inactive two of the last three games, and played just a handful of snaps in a Week 7 win over Minnesota.

“I want to play,” Pickett said. “And I look at it like this: I have a bye week to recover after the game. Either way, I just really want to play this game.”

He’ll be tested before the game before a decision is made.
-Thanks to our guy Tom SilverStine over at the JSonline.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice piece on THE BISHOP here: http://tinyurl.com/38luatg

Desmond Bishop has been fantastic for the Packers, and he's made himself a lot of money lately. Too much that the Packers won't be afford to keep him?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Has ne1 heard if Al or Bigby will be back for the Dallas game?
i think they have to be activated this week or cant play at all this year. not 100% but pretty sure thats how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Yeah that was a nasty nasty deal the Browns had there, and I remember when the Browns signed LeCharles Bentley as a rich FA addition.
He tore his ACL or broke his leg either in the first game, or before it. They never got anything out of that big ticket addition from the Saints.
it was the very first practice of training camp. he was so psyched to go play for the browns and just had a terrible string of bad luck. gotta feel for the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver

Last edited by cuzifelt1ikeit : 11-05-2010 at 12:21 AM.
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:08 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
James Jones could play better, yes,” Jones said. “But James Jones believes to be up, you need opportunities. I can’t throw the ball to myself. I can’t do that.
“Now, I believe people say, ‘Up and down, up and down’ because with the few opportunities I have, I may let a ball go, which I have this year. I haven’t really made the most of my opportunities and I have let a couple balls go.
“I understand where it comes from, but with opportunities I believe comes consistency and hopefully I can get some more opportunities.”
What a terrible attitude. How about instead of complaining about opportunities or balls thrown your way, you apologize for fumbling the game away against Chicago or dropping a picture perfect pass that would have been the only TD of the game against the Jets. If you hadn't screwed up so much you could be the focus of the offense right now with Driver and Finley out and defenses keying on Jennings. Third person? I hope he was joking. This is the first negative I've had about James Jones' attitude so I'm hoping he was answering a baited question or not communicating his thoughts well or something.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I tip my cap to TRAYMON!

CB Tramon Williams was asked if he was happy Vikings WR Randy Moss is now out of the NFC North. “It doesn’t matter,” Williams said. “I didn’t see much of a difference if he was there or not.”
Old 11-05-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand what Tramon is trying to convey there but we all know Moss changes the gameplan and did against us; that's why Percy Harvin's season had taken off once they got him...

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Did You Know:

MATTHEWS vs WARE

Clay Matthews was drafted in the 2009 NFL Draft with the 26th pick. Since that day, no player in the NFL has more sacks than this 2nd year player. That's right. Right out of college with no acclimation time, he has 19.5 sacks in 23 games as a pro. DeMarcus Ware has 19, Trent Cole and Dwight Freeney have 18.5, and another 2009 Draftee, Brian Orakpo has 18 during that stretch.

Despite more injuries on their defense than any other team in the NFL, the Packers D is #1 in the NFL in Opponent's passer rating. The Packers allow their opponents merely a 68.8 passer rating.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.
Smile

Jus bought tickets to see Packers vs Lions in Det. Pritty excited this will be my first live packers game
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Jus bought tickets to see Packers vs Lions in Det. Pritty excited this will be my first live packers game
Sweet. Good for you!

Hopefully we are 9-3 or 8-4 at that point and you get to see a win to make us go to 9-4 or 10-3, with our final 3 games after that At New England, then home vs NYG and Chicago!

I've seen the Packers lose in Detroit before, but not at Ford Field. It was the ugly Silverdome.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigby has been activated.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Bigby has been activated.
He's headed for the head of Dez Bryant coming across the middle.
He didn't get the memo about the new rules.

Check this out about Randy Moss and the Vikings/Ziggy Wilf.
It's hilarious to me, but might even be funnier on a Saturday night if you've had one or two..... I can't imagine.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice, my first game was on Monday Night football versus the Eagles the year we last won the Super Bowl. It's amazing, I wish I still lived there so I could go again. Someday when the stars align I will fly across the country and visit mecca once again. Have fun and go pack go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

M***** F**** lucky Vikings. And Bears.
They both should have lost today.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know he doesn't fit the mold at all, but I wonder how Desmond Bishop would play at OLB. If Nick Barnett didn't get hurt I would have liked to try out Bishop-Barnett-Hawk-Matthews.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter via twitter......

Quote:
Packers S Nick Collins delivered the type of hit the NFL is waiting to make an example of.
Great so in other words Nick Collins is likely getting suspended and will miss the Viking game.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a suspension wasn't coming anyways, comments like that are going to vault it into public conversation enough to make it a certainty.

Does anyone have a video link?

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
If a suspension wasn't coming anyways, comments like that are going to vault it into public conversation enough to make it a certainty.

Does anyone have a video link?
Exactly my thoughts. Let's just hope it's not determined intentional and is just stuck with a fine.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Wilde is reporting that the Packers will be releasing Al Harris tomorrow. Even has a text response from Harris saying that is what the Packers are going to do.

Wow, shocked by this. I know his injury at his age is tough to come back from, and with Shields emerging/improving with each week, Harris has basically been relegated to #4 CB status...but I'd rather he be ther #4CB than Underwood, Bush or Pat Lee(he's hurt now to). Not really liking this move but the Packers brass are the ones who saw/tracked his rehab so perhaps they just saw that he wasn't/isn't going to be the same player anymore.

I wish Al all the best, he was a great packer here for years and it sucks to see his Green Bay career end with an injury
Old 11-08-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Yeah, definitely feel bad for him. For how many good seasons he gave us it sucks that it ends with him getting cut.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Williams said he was fine after the helmet-to-helmet hit from Collins, then appealed to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell not to fine Collins for the hit. "Commissioner Goodell, don't fine the guy," Williams said. "It wasn't that bad of a deal, he shouldn't get fined. It was a football play, a football player making a football play. No injury, no harm."
That's cool of Roy Williams. Do players often plea for someone not to be fined like that?

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be fined, but he better not f*ckin be suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, definitely feel bad for him. For how many good seasons he gave us it sucks that it ends with him getting cut.

Yeah, it's stuff like this that is a constant reminder that the NFL is a business. NFL=Not For Long. Unfortunately for Al, the player who took his spot has ran with it and the defense has really been gelling the last few weeks and playing really strong

I fully expect the Vikes to pick him up since they love to add ex-packers
Old 11-08-2010, 06:03 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulaga is playing at a high-level.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:08 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Jason Wilde is reporting that the Packers will be releasing Al Harris tomorrow. Even has a text response from Harris saying that is what the Packers are going to do.

Wow, shocked by this. I know his injury at his age is tough to come back from, and with Shields emerging/improving with each week, Harris has basically been relegated to #4 CB status...but I'd rather he be ther #4CB than Underwood, Bush or Pat Lee(he's hurt now to). Not really liking this move but the Packers brass are the ones who saw/tracked his rehab so perhaps they just saw that he wasn't/isn't going to be the same player anymore.

I wish Al all the best, he was a great packer here for years and it sucks to see his Green Bay career end with an injury
It was a huge injury to try to come back from to begin with. Props to Harris for rehabbing so quickly but at age 36 it was time for us to move on and move younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Bulaga is playing at a high-level.
He has some struggles early on but I'm glad to see him lock down a starting job for the rest of the season. Daryn Colledge has also been playing pretty well this season too. Hopefully he turned a corner and become a mainstay like Sitton and Bulaga.

Last edited by cvv84 : 11-08-2010 at 07:14 AM.
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote