Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sucks about Al.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Al was coming back as much as the next guy, but what are you gonna do? You can't let any of that young talent go.

I hope his means Pat Lee is healthy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This doesn't sound like it's going to be a clean break. I hate this move because it's Al Harris, but it does make a lot of sense from every angle besides that. I thought he was going to retire 6 months ago so this isn't a big surprise for me. But for the last 4-6 weeks it has sounded like they had every intention of playing him, so I'm not sure exactly why this is coming now. It must have to do with Woodson, Tramon, and Shields all playing pretty well. Honestly I don't know why Harris would want to come back and be the 3rd or 4th corner anyway.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I wish Al was coming back as much as the next guy, but what are you gonna do? You can't let any of that young talent go.

I hope his means Pat Lee is healthy.
^This^

It's amazing that really we've been pretty lucky at CB this year with no guys going out for the year onto the IR as we have at RB, TE, DL, LB, etc.

They probably expected one to go down the way it's gone, so they were ready for Harris to take that guy's place, beit a Shields or Bush or Lee or Underwood or Tramon or Woodson. But except a few minor injuries to Shields and Lee, they've (CB's) stayed durable.

I'm really not sure that Underwoods has what it takes to get good, but who knows.

I feel bad for Al though. But remember over 3 years ago he was picked apart by Plaxico Burress, and Al was old then, and never was fast. If he's lost anything in those 3 years, and anything from ripping a bunch of knee ligaments, he might be too much of a liability out there against guys like Harvin or Sidney Rice, even Bernie Berrian.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=2448
Where will Brother Al end up? Chicago, or Minny?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would assume Minny. They need CB help and we all know how much they love to sign former Packer players whenever possible
Old 11-08-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, if we have to play him, I would look at it as a matchup to exploit. Our receivers can beat the press and that's really all Al has going for him at this point, I'd imagine. He wasn't capable of covering much last year if the receiver could get a decent release.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-08-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

That really sucks about Al he was one of my fav packers for a while, Ill alway remember the pick 6 he had against seaattle prob one of my fav ppacker plays of all time.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Nice, my first game was on Monday Night football versus the Eagles the year we last won the Super Bowl. It's amazing, I wish I still lived there so I could go again. Someday when the stars align I will fly across the country and visit mecca once again. Have fun and go pack go!

thanks man can wait to go, i live in hamilton ontario canada soo its only 4 hours from det,so det and buf r the closest places i can see a game. Havent been to Lambo yet but im thinkin ill go next year for sure.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
thanks man can wait to go, i live in hamilton ontario canada soo its only 4 hours from det,so det and buf r the closest places i can see a game. Havent been to Lambo yet but im thinkin ill go next year for sure.
Wow, that's crazy! I'm also living in Hamilton. Small world. Didn't know there were too many other draft nuts/ Pack fans here.

I'm originally from Sarnia (go to school at Mac) which is only an hour from Detroit, and I've been to a couple games there. It's unreal. I saw Favre's 400th TD pass, also saw Javon Walker's last game as a Packer. Be prepared to be given a hard time if you're in you're cheesehead gear, but it's easy to bash the fans right back after we win.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh PS you have to go to Lambeau. I've been twice now. From Sarnia it's about 8 hours (assuming you're taking the ferry) so from Hamilton it'd be 10 hours give or take. Completely worth it. What I did was go for Training Camp so you can stay a couple days in Green Bay, then travel back through Chicago for some sight-seeing.
I met Rodgers his first year when he was a rookie, and got an autograph from him because I yelled out of the mob of people that I came all the way from Canada to see him.
Also caught an extra point ball after a scrimmage between 1st team offense and 1st team defense. It was especially cool because the TD was Favre to Driver.
It's a blast. If you can't get to a game there you have to go for TC.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Wow, that's crazy! I'm also living in Hamilton. Small world. Didn't know there were too many other draft nuts/ Pack fans here.

I'm originally from Sarnia (go to school at Mac) which is only an hour from Detroit, and I've been to a couple games there. It's unreal. I saw Favre's 400th TD pass, also saw Javon Walker's last game as a Packer. Be prepared to be given a hard time if you're in you're cheesehead gear, but it's easy to bash the fans right back after we win.
wow thats crazy, where r u in the hammer? and im def gonna be reppin my cheesehead gear in det, but packer fans travill well so i expect alot of cheese heads to be there.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
Veteran

Quote:
wow thats crazy, where r u in the hammer? and im def gonna be reppin my cheesehead gear in det, but packer fans travill well so i expect alot of cheese heads to be there.
Im pretty close to Mac, off Main street west of the school. Are you a student here?

And yes there will be plenty of cheeseheads there for sure. I was thinking of going to that game, but of course I have an exam the next day. Ill try and get there anyway.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

The Sam Shields kick returner experiment is back. As long as he can hold onto the ball he should be good. Hopefully he was just in over his head in preseason and more comfortable now that he's had some success and isn't fighting for a roster spot. The bye week would be the time to implement it, if we are going to try it this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-08-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Im pretty close to Mac, off Main street west of the school. Are you a student here?

And yes there will be plenty of cheeseheads there for sure. I was thinking of going to that game, but of course I have an exam the next day. Ill try and get there anyway.
Thats cool no im done school jus workin now i work at st peters hospital. i got 40 yard line row 25 on the lowel level paid 165 a ticket.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Default my game notes

this is wht i saw durin last nighs game.

On Def
1. Clay matthews jus solidified himself as DPOY. hes a beast

2. C wood plays the run better than ne1 in the leage he was crahsin down the line of scrimmige all night long.

3. Sam shilds is playin at a high level for a Ufa, makes lettin Al go a little easier the pic he had on dez was superb

4. Bishop is makin plays all over the field, hes a fukin stud

5. only givin up 7 points in the last 2 games dom capers has the whole D playin at a championship level.

On O

1. Mr Rodgers had a fantastic night looks like the rodgers of last year

2. James jones had a nice game but seem to hav a fumble prob, hav to hold that ball high n tight.

3. running game looked the best it did all year B jack had 2 tds (i was lovin it started him in fantsy this week) love the oldschool kuhn up the middle.

4. 1st round pic bryan bulaga looks pritty pritty pritty good

5. The O didnt seem to miss DD too much

Overall one hell of a game nice to be 6-3 goin into the bye, now its jus time to get helthy.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year we had a great statistical defense, but we all know we were carved up like a pumpkin on Halloween by good QBs.

This year, with all the injuries, our statistics are more middle of the pack, both vs the run and the pass.

But like last year, stats (yardage-wise) are often deceiving.

In POINTS ALLOWED, we are #2 in the NFL (15.9 points), trailing only the Pittsburgh Steelers. The rest of the top 10 includes the Jets, Titans, Ravens, Saints, Bears (Peppers has made a difference), Rams, Chiefs, Falcons.

That's the defense (Steelers) Capers tried to emulate, and we're seeing the results, despite the Devil-Awful amount of injuries on that side of the ball.

Can you image this DL if and when they're all healthy:

BJ Raji
Ryan Pickett
Cullen Jenkins
Howard Big Green
Mike Neal
CJ Wilson

A lot of BEEF there, and that's as good as any DL in football right there. Yes I'm talking to you Giants and Vikings fans.

I don't see any room at all there for John Jolly.
The rookie Wilson keeps improving, and he's not a criminal like Jolly is. Ted won't have that.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Last year we had a great statistical defense, but we all know we were carved up like a pumpkin on Halloween by good QBs.

This year, with all the injuries, our statistics are more middle of the pack, both vs the run and the pass.

But like last year, stats (yardage-wise) are often deceiving.

In POINTS ALLOWED, we are #2 in the NFL (15.9 points), trailing only the Pittsburgh Steelers. The rest of the top 10 includes the Jets, Titans, Ravens, Saints, Bears (Peppers has made a difference), Rams, Chiefs, Falcons.

That's the defense (Steelers) Capers tried to emulate, and we're seeing the results, despite the Devil-Awful amount of injuries on that side of the ball.

Can you image this DL if and when they're all healthy:

BJ Raji
Ryan Pickett
Cullen Jenkins
Howard Big Green
Mike Neal
CJ Wilson

A lot of BEEF there, and that's as good as any DL in football right there. Yes I'm talking to you Giants and Vikings fans.

I don't see any room at all there for John Jolly.
The rookie Wilson keeps improving, and he's not a criminal like Jolly is. Ted won't have that.

im a big jolly fan he knocks alot of balls down at the line of scrimmage, if we can get him back for cheap ill be down for that, but if he is still actin a fool ( partying and drinkin tha purple drank) i say get rid of him like u said we hav alot of beef up front when helthy but will all the injuries this year jolly could of really helped us out.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the improvement we have seen from Peprah, Bishop, and CJ Wilson...even Zombo, is a testament to the good coaching the Packers have on defense. I was so stoked when they brought in capers and then heard/read about all the assistants he brought in

Honestly, the only real big loss at this stage is probably Neal. Peprah has been much better v the run compared to the Burnett, and Bishop has looked better than Barnett
Old 11-08-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:

haha
I just love how Clay always looks like he got shot out of a cannon. Non-stop motor

Raji also blew that up with ease. Man, that first round makes up for the Harrell pick a few years ago. Both guys are looking studly
Old 11-08-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:

haha
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (back to back packers C wood)
Old 11-08-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:

haha
I was looking for that video this morning so I could convert it and post the exact same thing

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-08-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

I gotta admit, I'm a little ticked off at Mac and the training staff for playing Pickett and leading to him being re-injured. They missed a golden opportunity to let him rest his bum ankle for nearly a month.I really dislike the Packers training staff. I know injuries are a bit unlucky and what not,but way to many injuries and reoccurring injuries.

they get smoked.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, from McCarthy's presser today, they aren't sure if Pickett will be ready to go after the bye.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

haha
Notice Raji going thru 2 pathetic blocks as well.
He would have squashed Barber as well. But Witten and #70 Leonard Davis let Matthews part the sea first.