Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

haha
Why in the world would you go with an unbalanced line like that? This is the NFL, and you certainly can't expect Witten and a running back to take out Clay Matthews and AJ Hawk on the weak side like that. Stupid playcall.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

haha
That's a lot of 1st round in that backfield for the Pack

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Why in the world would you go with an unbalanced line like that? This is the NFL, and you certainly can't expect Witten and a running back to take out Clay Matthews and AJ Hawk on the weak side like that. Stupid playcall.
The way they blocked it they could have called anything and it would have been utter disaster. Raji and Matthews were on different sides of the center and they still destroyed their blocks.

If you think Witten went half ass on that play, watch the left tackle, lol
The only Dallas lineman that looked like he tried at all was the center

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
That's a lot of 1st round in that backfield for the Pack
We have a lot of first rounders starting on our defense

Nick Barnett, AJ Hawk, Clay Matthews, BJ Raji, Ryan Pickett, Charles Woodson

But then on the other side we also have a lot of undrafted starters

Trammon Williams, Cullen Jenkins, Frank Zombo, Atari Bigby
Old 11-08-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Al but honestly we cant cut a guy for a 36 year old CB coming back from major knee surgery. He was a beast back in the day but now is just an unknown at the end of his time. Its not like we need him because the fill ins have been playing surprising well.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Notice Raji going thru 2 pathetic blocks as well.
He would have squashed Barber as well. But Witten and #70 Leonard Davis let Matthews part the sea first.
Yeah, it was hilarious to see Raji just plow forward and push both Dallas OLineman to the side. Didn't even look like he was trying hard. He was set up to make the play to stop Barber but Matthews just closed in first
Old 11-08-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's early to start talking about off season stuff...but; Barnett, Hawk, Bishop. Who's the odd man out next year?

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I know it's early to start talking about off season stuff...but; Barnett, Hawk, Bishop. Who's the odd man out next year?
Good question. I hate questions like that though, and hopefully we keep them all.
We know injuries can happen so you need good depth.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk's gone next year.

Barnett and Bishop are the two best ILBs on the team and Hawk is due to make $10 million next season so he'll be cut.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have Barnett and Bishop ever been on the field together? That could make a pretty dangerous, physical duo.

Also, I'm pretty sure Bishop is a UFA next offseason. He hasn't been happy with us for putting him 3rd or 4th in line to start. Hopefully that changed this year with him starting pretty much the entire year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Hawk has been playing better this season. IF he agreed to a pay cut, I would like to see him back. He is solid/assignment sure. Could do a lot worse

to be honest, I'm afraid that Cullen Jenkins will be the odd man out this offseason. I fully expect them to lock Tramon up.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Unless he's willing to go under $4 million I don't want to bring him back. Sign Desmond Bishop to a multi-year deal and go with him and Barnett. We still have Chillar as a good backup and coverage man. There's really no need for Hawk there.

If Cullen Jenkins is let go I will be pissed. We just gave Pickett a 4 year $25 million contract this past offseason. Pickett has played really well, but Jenkins is younger and better, it'd be stupid to chose Pickett over Jenkins.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Nick Collins was fined $50,000 for the hit on Roy Williams.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Nick Collins was fined $50,000 for the hit on Roy Williams.
That's a big hit for Collins, but I'm relieved he's not missing the Minnesota game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
That's a big hit for Collins, but I'm relieved he's not missing the Minnesota game.
Me too!
Better his pocket book than us missing him.

Chillar is the one who's overpaid. I'd rather have Hawk, Bishop, and Barnett.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

ya he is over paid, everyone says hes better in pass coverage than Hawk but i remember him gettin burned for 2 tds last year against St louis. I think Hawk is a better option hes been playing alot better this year since Barnett got hurt, i wouldnt mind having them both back but Hawk is making alot of money being a top 5 pic, hoepfully he will take a pay cut next year .
Old 11-09-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

The one thing that sucks about a bye week No Packer football for 12 days :(
Old 11-09-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
The one thing that sucks about a bye week No Packer football for 12 days :(
True.
But think of the positives in that...... no more guys going on IR for 12 days at least.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True.
But think of the positives in that...... no more guys going on IR for 12 days at least.
Well James Starks could be going on IR Wednesday :/
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Well James Starks could be going on IR Wednesday :/
No sir, he just got activated.

Saweeet.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I wonder if we are keeping Nance and whether Starks will see the field at all

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-09-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Hawk's gone next year.

With the way he's playing I wouldn't be so sure of that. Possible? Yes. Forgone conclusion? No.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can never really count on Ted Thompson doing anything. He values youth, but he also understands the economy of spending and getting maximum value per dollar spent. That's exactly why I asked the question, it's such a tough question. Obviously he's not afraid to jettison a veteran who has served us well (ie Favre, Harris, Green) in favor of a younger guy with more potential. Also, he seems to cut guys that he's drafted more slack than guys he inherited. I hate to say it, but I'm wondering if we've seen the last of Barnett in Green Bay.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Not a chance. Barnett has been playing very well and has a reasonable contract that runs through 2012.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No sir, he just got activated.

Saweeet.
Their ears must have been burning. Great news, hopefully he can contribute somehow.