Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Well James Starks could be going on IR Wednesday :/
You're right. Good chance he pulls a hammy or something before that next game comes around. :O
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to sign or release Hawk, Bishop, Jenkins, Tramon Williams, Colledge*, Spitz*, Bigby* that I know of off the top of my head. Have to let some of them go. We might be handcuffed into signing Colledge since we don't have any other true LGs. The coaches like him and I respect him for playing almost every single game. Williams has to happen and Bishop absolutely should happen. Hawk has to go, Bigby could be either way, Jenkins we all want to stay I'm sure but it might not be an option. Spitz and Bigby would be tough to let go as well since Spitz is one of the most valuable backups in the league and Bigby might play his way back to the top of the depth chart. To make all that work, keeping Hawk isn't an option, and we might even have to let Jenkins go. HOPEFULLY we can choose between Hawk and Jenkins and I'd assume the voting here would be unanimous.

* - Pretty sure but not completely they are UFAs

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news, cornerback Al Harris cleared waivers, meaning no teams claimed him. That makes him a free agent.

Where will he end up?
  • Minnesota
  • Chicago
  • Pittsburgh
  • Baltimore
  • Other
Old 11-09-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
In other news, cornerback Al Harris cleared waivers, meaning no teams claimed him. That makes him a free agent.

Where will he end up?
  • Minnesota
  • Chicago
  • Pittsburgh
  • Baltimore
  • Other
I say the Queens they always pick up our guys we let go.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I say the Queens they always pick up our guys we let go.
I think so too, which only makes me even madder those *******s stole that game Sunday against the Cardinals.
They should have been 2-6, now they're 3-5 and just 2 losses behind us, with them getting the Bears and us in the next two weeks.
They have life.... they were almost buried.

More on James Starks here including highlights and a long interview:
http://packersinsider.com/?p=2480

http://www.wtaq.com/news/articles/20...rks-6th-round/
Bad radio guys.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1020347.html

Sounds like duct tape will be back soon, that's his 2nd workout for the Packers in the past couple weeks

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duct tape?

I love Havner though, hope we do sign him back.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Duct tape?
A little nickname that's been tossed around for him.

Duct tape,as in he can fix ( play) any problem (position) it seems. A fix-all.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like it.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Havner is coming back, then I wonder if that means that Quarless shoulder injury is more troublesome than they thought. Wouldn't be surprising for this season, though
Old 11-10-2010, 06:40 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Getting Duct Tape back almost makes me happy enough to make up for losing Finley!
People forget, the 2nd Minnesota game last year, where J-Mike was out as usual (Minny only has had to face him 1 time in 2 seasons), Havner scored TWO huge touchdowns against those grape apes. He was a playmaker for us last year.

That cut before this season, IMO, was as bad as cutting Jon Ryan a few years ago. So to get Havner back makes me (would if....) very happy. Plus he's been a facebook buddy of mine for a few years :o)

And he's capable of filling in at linebacker for us, playing all special teams. Hence the Duct Tape name.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Al Harris sighned a 1 year deal with Miami, I think he lives there in the offseason i remember seeing his house on MTV cribs a couple years ago so thats good for him I wish 31 the dirty one all the best.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Al Harris sighned a 1 year deal with Miami, I think he lives there in the offseason i remember seeing his house on MTV cribs a couple years ago so thats good for him I wish 31 the dirty one all the best.
That is PERFECT!!!!

I have always liked Miami.
I dislike the Jets and hate New England, so I can root hard for Al there.
And we already played Miami this year. Gave them the win.
And no Vikings or Bears.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I haven't seen Harris play or practice in like a year, but if he's good enough for another team to sign I have to believe he was good enough to play in Green Bay still.

He accepted the fact that Trammon was the starter and said he wanted to play in any capacity the coaches wanted to use him. If he's healthy enough for another team to pick him up he has to be good enough to be at least our 4th corner.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I haven't seen Harris play or practice in like a year, but if he's good enough for another team to sign I have to believe he was good enough to play in Green Bay still.

He accepted the fact that Trammon was the starter and said he wanted to play in any capacity the coaches wanted to use him. If he's healthy enough for another team to pick him up he has to be good enough to be at least our 4th corner.
That other team saw him in a couple workouts, the Packers have seen him all along trying to recover.. you've gotta believe they saw something there that made them believe he couldn't function at a NFL level. If he turns out to play even average for the Dolphins then we really screwed up as our CBs behind Shields are atrocious.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Of course he was, the problem is that we need reserve corners to contribute on special teams. Do you honestly see Al Harris covering punts? 53 roster spots seems like a lot but they get filled up in a hurry.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Of course he was, the problem is that we need reserve corners to contribute on special teams. Do you honestly see Al Harris covering punts? 53 roster spots seems like a lot but they get filled up in a hurry.
Not buying that as a valid reason.

Perprah, Smith, Shields, Bush, Lee/Underwood. That's 5 DBs that could be used on special teams. You don't use 5 DBs on any special teams unit. Plus we have guys like Swain and Nance who fill the same special teams roles. Hell, we also use Nick Collins on kickoffs, so add him to the list.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Harris, a Florida native, practiced with Miami on Wednesday, two days after being released by the Green Bay Packers. Harris' agent, Jack Bechta, told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that Harris also drew interest from the Minnesota Vikings, Detroit Lions and Houston Texans." -NFL.com
LOL, what a surprise...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
That other team saw him in a couple workouts, the Packers have seen him all along trying to recover.. you've gotta believe they saw something there that made them believe he couldn't function at a NFL level.....
Are you talking about punter Jon Ryan?

Let's face it, sometimes teams do make mistakes. They're human.

Most people, including NFL guys, think that Al Harris is certainly worthy of being the Packers #4, or even #3 CB.

Miami, Minny, etc.

As long as Lee or Underwood stay healthy, AND develop soon, we'll be okay there. But remember, we're overdue for an injury there compared too the rest of our defense.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not buying that as a valid reason.

Perprah, Smith, Shields, Bush, Lee/Underwood. That's 5 DBs that could be used on special teams. You don't use 5 DBs on any special teams unit.
Meh. How many of those guys have return ability though? 2, and one of them is injured.

they get smoked.

Old 11-10-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy is 36 and coming back from shredding his knee. We obviously didn't want to pay the $2+ million that we would have owed him if we activated him from the PUP. Could he help us? Yes. Any more so than the guys we have? I don't believe so. I like Harris and wish him well but we're betting off developing a guy like Shields and to an extent Underwood and Lee.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
He would have been the 4th, maybe even 5th CB on the roster, and we didn't want to pay that kind of money to him. I'm sure he didn't really want to sit on the bench the entire game waiting for an injury to happen. His value is right around Underwood or Lee. They are poor CBs and decent to above average special teams. Harris is probably an average #3 or #4 at this point with zero special teams value. So it just doesn't make sense financially or for team future.

Quote:
I like that he went to Miami but I just wish he was starting. I'm pretty sure Miami has 2 good healthy corners, Vontae Davis and Will Allen I think? Better than a rival I guess, but I would have actually enjoyed seeing him play against us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
A little nickname that's been tossed around for him.

Duct tape,as in he can fix ( play) any problem (position) it seems. A fix-all.
The first thing I thought of was "he's so hurt all the time he has to get duct taped together to play". Terrible nickname IMO (sorry). It doesn't even sound remotely catchy.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Duct Tape

The first thing I thought of was "he's so hurt all the time he has to get duct taped together to play". Terrible nickname IMO (sorry). It doesn't even sound remotely catchy.
Well it already was catchy, at least on some other popular websites that I guess Titletown and I have frequented. I thought it was this one, but if you don't recall it, it may have been another.

It fit Havner well. Now, is he healthy enough to sign or not?
And if so, who goes?

_____ onto IR?
Old 11-10-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

~ Packers linebacker Clay Matthews has been named the NFC Defensive player of the week. Some notes, released by the Packers:

Matthews had four tackles, including two for a loss, a sack, two passes defensed and a 62-yard interception-return touchdown in the Packers’ 45-7 win over Dallas. Green Bay's defense held the Cowboys to just 205 total yards of offense (166 passing yards, 39 rushing yards).

Matthews leads the NFL with 10.5 sacks and is the first player in Packers history to record at least 10 sacks in each of his first two NFL seasons. The Packers lead the NFL with 28 sacks.

The touchdown marked the second of his career (the other was a recovered fumble ran back 42-yards for the TD last year at Minnesota).

This is Matthews’ third career Player of the Week Award and second this season (Week 2). He was also named the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for September. He joins Charles Woodson (four) and Reggie White (three) as the only Packers to be named NFC Defensive Player of the Week at least three times.

Also, this from Brad Briggs at the National Football Post:
November 10, 2010, 08:30 PM EST

The Green Bay Packers are staying busy during their bye week.

They used the time today to familiarize themselves with some different faces as the team had eight players in for a tryout, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The Packers worked out running backs Brandon Minor and Jeremiah Johnson (I loved him at Oregon). They promoted rookie running back James Starks from the physically unable to perform list earlier this week.

The team also took a look at guard Adrian Battkes, offensive tackle Nick Howell, defensive tackle Mundrae Clifton, defensive end Curtis Young, tight end Joe Sawyer and wide receiver Thomas White.

Continuing to keep you guys in the loop:

Efficiency rankings of GB team and players vs all other NFL teams from Football Outsiders, revised 11/9 . FO has gained a lot of attention after predicting the collapse of the Cowboys before the season start. Kind of makes you take their analysis a lot more seriously.

Packers Offense 8th
Packers Defense 4th
Weighted DVOA (how team is playing overall now) - 5th

QB's
Rodgers - 5th

Running Backs
Jackson - 28th

TE's
J-Mike88- 3rd
Quarless - 27th

Wide Receivers
Jennings - 16th
Drivers - 35th
Nelson - 59th
Jones - 69th

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 11-10-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Don't say sorry to me, I didn't make it up. I do think it's somewhat catchy though.

they get smoked.