Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2010, 06:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...lay-being-Clay

If you haven't seen this, you have to.
Enjoy.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, have to feel good going into the bye at 6-3; especially with victories over the Eagles, Vikings, Jets, Cowboys.

Now comes the hard part. Our remaining schedule is..
@Vikings, @Lions, @Falcons, @Patriots
vs. 49ers, vs. Bears, vs. Giants

Four of those teams would be in the playoffs if they started today. Two are basically eliminated from contention. One is close to eliminated but a rival and came inches from beating us at home.

Falcons and Giants are the most important games as they are currently the #1 and #2 seeds in the NFC. Wins in both those games likely locks up a bye for us. Loss in one and we're in decent shape. Loss in both and we're either playing the first weekend or not at all.

My picks have us losing to the Vikings and Patriots, winning the rest. That would put us at 11-5 and likely with the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC. I can't see us losing to the 49ers and Bears at home, the Lions are a tougher out this year than years past but gotta figure we take that one, and I think we split our four toughest remaining games.

If we come out of the bye and win against the Vikings, though, we'll be 7-3 and all but a lock for at least 10-6.

What do you guys think?

Also, who do you guys have as pro bowlers for us right now? I'm going with Clay Matthews and Tramon Williams as starters, maybe Woodson as a b/u or reserve, ditto for Rodgers. Not really seeing anyone else as locks, injuries have really screwed things up.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-11-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Also, who do you guys have as pro bowlers for us right now? I'm going with Clay Matthews and Tramon Williams as starters, maybe Woodson as a b/u or reserve, ditto for Rodgers. Not really seeing anyone else as locks, injuries have really screwed things up.
Good stuff Sportsfan.
I just want to win our next game in Minnesota and bury their asses.

As for the Pro Bowl, Matthews is a lock, but I'd bet heavily that Tramon gets screwed and for sure doesn't start, and it's no more than 50% that he even makes the team. I bet Woodson makes it before him.

It's a popularity contest, not an accurate reflection of effectiveness on the season.

Woodson has the pop rep. Not Tramon.

DeAngelo Hall always has had that bs marquee name, and with his 4 picks against Cutler, I think that guy will make it.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clay Matthews, Aaron Rodgers, Charles Woodson, and Greg Jennings will make it.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Good stuff Sportsfan.
I just want to win our next game in Minnesota and bury their asses.

As for the Pro Bowl, Matthews is a lock, but I'd bet heavily that Tramon gets screwed and for sure doesn't start, and it's no more than 50% that he even makes the team. I bet Woodson makes it before him.

It's a popularity contest, not an accurate reflection of effectiveness on the season.

Woodson has the pop rep. Not Tramon.

DeAngelo Hall always has had that bs marquee name, and with his 4 picks against Cutler, I think that guy will make it.
Very true about the Pro Bowl. I suppose I meant more of who DESERVES to be in it. Rodgers, Matthews, Woodson are probably locks for their names.

The Vikings game should be interesting. Capers has two weeks to dial up a killer defense to go against a struggling OLine and QB. I do wonder if the bye won't hurt our offense more than it will help, though. Sure, we get Driver back but do we lose what we've built this last week?

I'm hoping the Bears manage to knock Favre around some and hobble him even more for our game.

Some more second half questions;
With people returning to our D, how good will it become? I can't help but think with the amount of reps we've been giving out we're going to be the deepest D in the league. Can't afford an injury to Matthews or one of our starting three corners, though. Let's remember, out of 9 games this year I'd rate our defensive performance as a B or better in all but the Dolphins game and I'd give us an A+ in at least 2 of them (Jets, Cowboys.)
Can our offense take lessons away from that Cowboys game and get to being the efficient beast we expected?
Does our trend of second-half improvement continue? That would mean no more than 2 losses and a great playoff seed.
Do we stay healthy the rest of the way or do our injury woes continue?
Does Rodgers win us a game in the fourth for the first time?
Does Matthews continue his torrent pace and end up leading the league in sacks? Sacks are streaky and there are a lot of talented players very close on his heels.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of underrated like Trammon, how about Josh Sitton. He's starting to get some love from the media lately yet he's likely another guy getting the Pro Bowl snub.

If Clifton keeps playing the way he has the past few weeks too then he's another likely snub.

Right now I'd say that Matthews, Rodgers, Sitton, and Trammon are playing at a Pro Bowl level.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Good point from Vandermause regarding Leslie Frazier possibly taking over for Childress if the Vikings lay an egg in Chicago this week. I personally think the Vikings are much better than the Bears, so I don't expect the Bears to win.

The Packers might have a better chance of beating the Vikings if Chilly is still on the sidelines. If he gets canned, the players would play their hearts out for Leslie Frazier, the likely interim coach. Perhaps Packers fans should be rooting for the Vikings to beat the Bears on Sunday.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Speaking of underrated like Trammon, how about Josh Sitton. He's starting to get some love from the media lately yet he's likely another guy getting the Pro Bowl snub.

If Clifton keeps playing the way he has the past few weeks too then he's another likely snub.

Right now I'd say that Matthews, Rodgers, Sitton, and Trammon are playing at a Pro Bowl level.
Raji has been playing as well as any nose tackle I've seen so far this year, he could be in the discussion for a Pro Bowl spot.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Damn Ravens didn't help us out there losing the game at the end.
Atlanta goes to 7-2, dammit.

Young Matty Ice led them down the field in the final minute when they had to have it.

Their offense was sharp on the do-or-die drive, and Ryan delivered.

Rodgers needs to start doing that in close games. Needs to.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of curiosity, do Guards and Tackles on the right side of the line get snubbed in the Pro Bowl, or the All-Pro lists, or both?

I wouldn't doubt Sitton gets screwed because of that factor.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
Out of curiosity, do Guards and Tackles on the right side of the line get snubbed in the Pro Bowl, or the All-Pro lists, or both?

Sitton will get screwed because he doesn't have that "name" yet.
It takes one of three things:
-Super Bowl run spotlight
-First round marquee draft status
-Controversy, media hype, etc.

So Sitton hasn't had any of that.

Yeah usually the top 2 vote-getting OTs are LTs yep. But one will play the right side in the Pro Bowl game.

OG is less like that.

The Giants will get 2 or 3 OL in because of their team success, the Super Bowl run 2 years ago, and the East Coast media hype.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, usually the tackles are left tackles, but that's pretty fair since the best tackle on the team plays on the left side 95% of the time.

The guards are almost always from the left side too, but I don't think there's any bias against right guards.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big bummer that the Ravens couldn't hold on last night. We're at the point now where we need to start watching the Giants and Falcons very closely for playoff seeding purposes. Ah well, it'll likely come down to our head to head matchup with both teams anyway.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Big bummer that the Ravens couldn't hold on last night. We're at the point now where we need to start watching the Giants and Falcons very closely for playoff seeding purposes. Ah well, it'll likely come down to our head to head matchup with both teams anyway.
Maybe it would taste better to knock the Giants out of the playoffs IN NEW YORK as those ******s did to us in Green Bay in 2008.

I don't like to use the word hate. But I dislike Eli Manning and NY. Beating them is 2nd best for me, behind MiniSoda.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post

For tackles, it's almost exclusively left tackles. I can't remember a right tackle getting in, ever, though I'm sure it has happened as like a #6 injury sub or something like that. Sitton probably should get in. He's playing as good as any guard in the NFC that I can think of. Snee from the Giants is usually pretty good and the Saints have 2 good ones that have been pretty average this year. Guards get credit goes about like this IMO:

40% what their name is
30% how good their running game is
15% how good their team is
10% how much pressure the quarterback gets
5% how good they are actually playing
+++double score if you play on the left

So yeah Sitton is pretty much screwed.

I hope we beat the Vikings and they lose another game pretty soon. I want them to go away as soon as possible.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
For tackles, it's almost exclusively left tackles. I can't remember a right tackle getting in, ever, though I'm sure it has happened as like a #6 injury sub or something like that. Sitton probably should get in. He's playing as good as any guard in the NFC that I can think of. Snee from the Giants is usually pretty good and the Saints have 2 good ones that have been pretty average this year. Guards get credit goes about like this IMO:

40% what their name is
30% how good their running game is
15% how good their team is
10% how much pressure the quarterback gets
5% how good they are actually playing
+++double score if you play on the left

So yeah Sitton is pretty much screwed.

I hope we beat the Vikings and they lose another game pretty soon. I want them to go away as soon as possible.
You forgot to factor in their Madden rating. That's probably around 50%

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add another one to IR. Tauscher was placed on IR, and Havner was officially signed

Bulaga has replaced Tauscher well, but the depth continues to take a hit. That's more guys on IR than they do the practice squad.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

If Clifton or Bulaga go down now we're ******
Old 11-12-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
If Clifton or Bulaga go down now we're ******
Newhouse played pretty well in camp and the preason at RT. Depending on where Lang is too we do have options if we lose either starting tackle.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Newhouse played pretty well in camp and the preason at RT. Depending on where Lang is too we do have options if we lose either starting tackle.
I like Newhouse as a developmental player, but no way would I feel comfortable with him starting this year.

And I have to think that Tauscher already played his last game for the Packers.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever said at least no one goes on IR during the bye week, go to hell for jinxing us. God help us if this means Quarless or Lee are on track for IR.

I don't have much hope for Newhouse or Lang mainly because they have been deactivated most of the year. It seems as if Lang has regressed from last year since he is seeing more time on the defensive line than anywhere else, but we'll see (or hopefully we won't see).

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-12-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
It seems as if Lang has regressed from last year since he is seeing more time on the defensive line than anywhere else, but we'll see (or hopefully we won't see).
How is that any indication? There's been no need for him on the offensive line this year (so far), but we were so low on DL that he had to help out there. They were using Sitton on the DL in that spot earlier, but then they must have realized it they shouldn't use a starter for that.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I think we've officially gotten past the "if we lose __ we're screwed" phase. How many times have we said that this year?

We can all question TTs policy of avoiding big splashes but our coaching this year has been the best in the league. I'm pretty much sold that our only crippling losses would be Rodgers or Matthews, as they are the key pieces to our offense and defense respectively.

Old 11-12-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

He's been deactivated for some games earlier this year. Maybe it means nothing, maybe it means the coaches think he's the 46th or 47th best player on the team. One week I looked up we had 7 active OL, and I'm not sure what to read between the lines there.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 11-12-2010, 07:39 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

If I'm not mistaken, Lang is coming off a wrist injury. I think this year is basically a "red shirt" year for him.