Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2010, 04:34 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Just to comment on Zombo real quick. Personally, I like Zombs or Zombo Nation.

As mentioned in another thread, how likely do you think it may be that the Packers try to cash in on Matt Flynn this offseason considering the needs at QB around the league? I thought and still think as high as a 3rd.
I agree with you completely, we have developed a late round pick and we should trade him for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Then we should trade up in the draft and get Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue in the 1st round. Ahh, dreaming, but I really believe that Flynn will be traded. We will have Graham Harrell in his second year as a packer and probably draft a QB late maybe a guy like Tolzien, someone that is a winner with some accuracy like the QB out of Alabama.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Nice to see that we got a deal with Tramon locked up. 4yr/$41mil.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111071544.html
Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeShawn Wynn Returns

DeShawn Wynn will be at Lambeau Field this week as he has been promoted.
For the 49ers.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post

Wow, he's a rich man now.
Too bad that wasn't 5 or 6 years for $41, from the team perspective.
Hopefully he's playing better than ever when that 4 year deal is up.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As expected, Chillar and Havner were placed on IR today. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet

inpositive news, glad to see them lock Tramon up. Who is next? James Jones or Cullen Jenkins? I really hope they don't let Jenkins go. You win in the trenches, and it never hurts to have a deep and talented Dline. I want to see Jolly back next year to
Old 11-30-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow, he's a rich man now.
Too bad that wasn't 5 or 6 years for $41, from the team perspective.
Hopefully he's playing better than ever when that 4 year deal is up.
I think 4 years is perfect. We have him until he's 31. That's a good time to re-evaluate at.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
As expected, Chillar and Havner were placed on IR today. In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet...
Un****ingReal. Our guys are fragile.

So we've now lost our #2, #3, and #4 OLBers coming into the season.

Who's left to pick up out there?
Is Adalius Thomas on anyone's roster?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very nice to hear Tramon is locked up.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
James Starks will get a chance to show what he's got.

I can't say I've ever seen him play live, which is pretty rare for a collegiate player.

I don't know if he's a guy who can hit a hole immediately (assuming there are any), or if he's a guy who can get around the edge.
His style and speed are very similar to Ryan Grant, although he probably has better hands and lacks the physicality of Grant. He also runs EXTREMELY upright; more like a WR then a RB. Don't expect amazing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Just to comment on Zombo real quick. Personally, I like Zombs or Zombo Nation.

As mentioned in another thread, how likely do you think it may be that the Packers try to cash in on Matt Flynn this offseason considering the needs at QB around the league? I thought and still think as high as a 3rd.
Why would we trade Flynn? I doubt he's shown enough for a 3rd round pick and we'd be leaving ourselves without a good backup despite having a somewhat injury prone and oft-running QB.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Like with Ryan Grant and Scott Wells the past few years, I've tried to defend Daryn Colledge. But now.... and why are we always running left behind him instead of Sitton on the sneaks and short yardage? WTF....

From Bob McGinn:
http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/111020224.html

RATING THE OL vs ATLANTA

The Falcons rushed three men as many times as they rushed four (16), and coordinator Brian VanGorder blitzed just 23.8%. DE John Abraham, their only rushing threat, spent the first half over Chad Clifton and most of the second half over Bryan Bulaga. He went nowhere against Clifton and had two marginal hurries against Bulaga.

So the Packers pass-blocked well, but the degree of difficulty wasn't great. The problem was the run game, where Josh Sitton was the only starter not responsible for at least one-half "bad" run.

Aaron Rodgers should have had a freeway into the end zone on the first sneak because the Falcons' front wasn't even lined up. But when Daryn Colledge got way too high against DT Peria Jerry, then didn't work well with Scott Wells against NT Corey Peters on the second, back-to-back sneaks failed.

Colledge finished with two "bad" runs, Bulaga had 1, Wells had one and Clifton had one-half. The embarrassing minus-6 run by Brandon Jackson would have been at least a short gain, but Wells lost his balance and let MLB Curtis Lofton steam in untouched. Colledge and Bulaga had false-start penalties on the last drive. Losing teams commit those kinds of fouls.

Plays of the week

Second quarter, 8 minutes left. Score tied, 3-3. On second and goal from the 2, the Packers line up with four WRs, one TE and no RB. Barking signals, Aaron Rodgers changes the huddle call. He moves up from the shotgun set to under center and takes a quick snap with 3 seconds on the play clock. The Falcons’ defense is spread all across the field.

The Falcons are late lining up; it should be an easy touchdown. DT Peria Jerry isn’t even in his stance when the ball is snapped. Across from Jerry, Daryn Colledge comes off too high and is out-leveraged by Jerry, who plays through the guard and grabs Rodgers around the knees as he surges to the 1. Chad Clifton offers little punch next to Colledge. Then LB Curtis Lofton and DT Jonathan Babineaux pop Rodgers as he topples over at the 1.

On third down, the sneak is called by Mike McCarthy. This time the Packers are in an I formation with three TEs. Arrayed against them are 11 men in the box. Again, Rodgers puts the ball under his left arm and tries to fight his way in behind Colledge. In the A gap, DT Corey Peters gets lower than C Scott Wells and Colledge, submarines and does enough to slow Rodgers’ progress. RG Josh Sitton isn’t helping much, either. As Rodgers leans forward, he is wrapped up by Lofton and the ball comes loose. It bounces about 3 yards into the end zone. LB Mike Peterson is the first man to the ball, just ahead of Brandon Jackson and Wells, and makes the contested recovery for a touchback.

http://www.jsonline.com/packerinsider/111020224.html
Old 12-01-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny how everyone loves Matt Flynn now. A year ago no one thought he was anything. It wasn't until McCarthy was praising him this preseason that people started liking him. Now all of a sudden he's a starting QB and worth a 3rd round pick.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:57 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I find it funny how everyone loves Matt Flynn now. A year ago no one thought he was anything. It wasn't until McCarthy was praising him this preseason that people started liking him. Now all of a sudden he's a starting QB and worth a 3rd round pick.
I totally get what you're saying but thats a bit of an exageration. Competent packers fans know what they have in Flynn. MF showed me he was a man in the preseason and has earned his roster spot. Hes a legitmate backup with room to improve. Nothing more, nothing less. That said, i dont think the packers could win a playoff game with flynn under center.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
That said, i dont think the packers could win a playoff game with flynn under center.
Have we won a playoff game with Rodgers under center?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, hes 0-1, but we came danm close. c'mon jmike, good point, but you knew what i meant. with that said, rodgers gives us a chance to make a deep run into the playoffs.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post

Everything that I've read says that it's just over $33 million, which seems much more reasonable. Maybe there are escalators that can get it to $41 million?

http://whbl.com/news/articles/2010/d...act-extension/
http://www.latimes.com/sports/footba...,3610652.story
http://www.channel3000.com/sports/25966461/detail.html

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flynn to me seemed like a guy who would always be a good backup. Just like back when we had Craig Nall. As to trading him? I highly, highly doubt that. For one we'd have no capable backup and would have to draft and groom someone all over again. Secondly, after the Charlie Whitehurst debacle, I doubt anyone would offer more than a 5th for Flynn. Then you look at this years QBs in the draft and theres a potential of 4 first round picks right there. Re-sign him and keep drafted later round QBs - Ron Wolf 101.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
No, hes 0-1, but we came danm close. c'mon jmike, good point, but you knew what i meant. with that said, rodgers gives us a chance to make a deep run into the playoffs.
You're right obviously. Rodgers is great. And he showed some super clutchness Sunday that I think really meant a lot to Aaron.

Still, I don't think we're dead if Flynn has to play because I think the guy can move the chains. I'm not saying I have the same confidence if he were to go down as I did in the Patriots when Drew Bledsoe went down in the 2000 season and the young Tom Brady had to fill in.
But I don't think Flynn is bad at all and he might do well.

Let's all hope we don't have to find out though, either way.

Nick Collins wasn't at practice today. The Packers only had 2 total safeties and one of them was Jarrett Bush. How dangerously thin are we back there right now with Burnett and Bigby out?
Old 12-02-2010, 01:39 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never took Woodson for a guy with much of a sense of humor.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Didn't even notice Woodson until I read what you wrote. I thought it was Flynn trying to do the Rodgers thing.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:34 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Flynn has taken over and tries to get in the back of all the captain photos. Funny to see Woodson there
Old 12-02-2010, 03:56 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

odds the Packers finish with a 12-4, or a 11-5 record and not make the playoffs? would that be a first? what time is the protest if it does happen?
Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Great piece here about THE DRIVE Rodgers orchestrated on Sunday.
http://packersinsider.com/2010/12/es...ges-forgotten/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
PLAYOFF SIMILATOR

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 12-02-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Wow, my predictions would have The 10-6 Bucs edging out the 10-6 Eagles for the #6 seed, based on tiebreaker I guess.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

I have us going 4-1, losing at NE but winning the 3 home games, and at Detroit.

It has us getting the #2 seed and important bye, edging out the Giants.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

I got 3 seed at 11-5 with the Bears missing the playoffs. But change week 17 to a Bears win and we switch places.

It looks like we're going to have to go at least 4-1 and beat the Bears to win the division. And at least 3-2 and beat the Giants for a wildcard.

Last edited by GB12 : 12-02-2010 at 04:07 PM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
odds the Packers finish with a 12-4, or a 11-5 record and not make the playoffs? would that be a first? what time is the protest if it does happen?
Patriots missed the playoffs with 11-5 record two years ago. Pretty sure it's either statistically impossible or astronomically improbably that a team misses the playoffs at 12-4.

If the Packers drop either of these next two games we're very realistically looking at missing the playoffs. Must wins.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote