Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Right, so you can sit here and tell me you haven't been entertained watching the Packers so far this year...?
Hey, just saying it's been a really tough season to watch. I get more emotionally involved with the team than is rational and get stuck in such a crappy mood when we lose by a field goal with 10 seconds left. It's not any fun reading about another starter and a player I love to watch tearing up his knee, which has been happening on a weekly basis (usually more than once a week) this year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
We need to get a big lead on Detroit and rest players so badly. This 3 game stretch after Detroit is going to make or break our season. Why can't Detroit still suck as bad as they have the past 10 years. I'm still very confident in a win but they are a threat now and it might be a gritty game, and it's definitely not a sure thing.
Well, Tom Brady had a perfect passer rating against them on Thanksgiving.... they scored like 45 on the Lions.

I honestly don't think they have more weapons than we do, even with us missing J-Mike.

Megatron just scares the hell out of me as he always scores on us. And Logan their return guy.... he's good, and you all know how incompetent our special teams coverage units are, especially losing so many guys injured off those units.

Packers 51
Lions 27
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else catch Rodgers on ESPN's Rome is Burning yesterday? Not sure if there's a link to the video, so I will MANUALLY TYPE what he said to Rome's questions:

On whether he has moved beyond getting screwed in the draft and surviving the circus surrounding Brett Favre’s jungle act: “I feel like this season has been kind of closing the chapter of maybe my early years of my career. It’s been a great start. I’m blessed to be in Green Bay. Everything that’s gone on here both positively and negatively, I think I’ve grown into the kind of person I am today and the player I am today, I’ve learned a lot and really grown on and off the field, so everything that happened definitely turned out to be a positive. I’m glad I’m here and I think we’re kind of closing that chapter of the early years of my career and hopefully we can reach all of our goals this season and for many more years to come.”

On whether the Pack is Super Bowl good: “I kind of stay away from that talk, realizing that we’re only going into Week 14 here. We’re a game back in the division. Our first goal is to win NFC North. We have a tough stretch in front of us. We’ve got to go to Detroit this weekend, we have New England and the Giants and then finish up with the Bears, so it’s a tough stretch these last four weeks and that’s our immediate goal and after that, anything can happen.”

On whether the Pack can achieve their goals with their current running game: “Well, we had a better game this last week. James Starks really stepped up. He did a very good job for us. 73 yards for him and John Kuhn has been a steady guy for us, plugging him in in spots in the red zone, catching the ball out of the backfield. Brandon Jackson obviously and Demitri Nance are going to have to be part of that running game as well. And then I’ve done a little bit myself of moving around the pocket and getting some positive yards. But I still feel like, even if the weather gets real bad here in Green Bay that we can still use that short passing game as extended handoffs and still pass the ball effectively.”

On Donald Driver’s 61-yard touchdown catch against San Francisco on Sunday: “One of the most amazing plays I’ve ever been a part of. Just a tribute to Donald, 35 years old and still playing at a really high level for us.”

On the Packers’ throwback powerball uniforms: “Uh, well you know what, I was excited to be in the throwbacks. I like the color scheme, a similar color scheme to what I wore at Cal and in high school. I wasn’t overly crazy about the circle on the front of the jersey. And if they really wanted to be retro, maybe no name on the back , and also the shoes, you know, we’re blue, with yellow, with brown helmets and black and white shoes just didn’t really fit the whole get-up there. … but thankfully we were able to overcome our uniforms on Sunday.”

On why he’s been playing so well over the past month: “I think it’s a conscious effort of Mike finding ways to get me in a good rhythm early in the game. We’ve been doing a great job of using our short passing game as kind of an extended handoff. And the other big reason is Greg Jennings. He’s had an incredible stretch here the last four, five games of just putting up big numbers and making big-time plays for us. I think definitely more of an effort on my part to get him going early in the game to find ways to get him the ball over the top and he’s made some incredible plays for us the last four, five weeks and we’ve kind of gotten into a little bit of rhythm offensively.”
Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

34 to 20, Packers. Just feel like it'll be a game where we get a lead, they come back a bit, and we have to keep rolling through the 4th to make sure we take it.

Oh, wait, Stanton is starting? Unless we let him run for scores I'm changing my prediction to 48 to 10 on the power of two defensives touchdowns, six sacks, and 4 ints.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

I want to see Starks improve from his first game. The Niners are not a bad team against the run and Patrick Willis bounced on Starks on that 16 yard run. With Jackson back there teams dont even respect the run but when will see that big body back there they have to think twice. I also want to see Starks catch the ball out of the backfield and pass pro. If he does that, then look out because this offense will be hard to stop.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Even if the Bears lose this week, and we win, they will still be technically ahead of us for the division title because of their head to head win over us.
And even if they lose another game in week 15 or 16, and we win both (NE & NYG)... to move a game ahead of them, they still can beat us in week 17 to tie us up, and will beat us because they will win that tiebreaker #1.

So really, even if we make up 2 games over them over the next 3 weeks before that showdown on January 2nd, it doesn't matter that much because THAT game 17 is for all the marbles divisionally-speaking.

We just must be within 1 game of them before that game.

Sure, it would be nice if we made up 3 games by then, but for us to go 3-0 and them go 0-3 is astronomically unlikely.

Bottom line is week 17 is a MUST WIN for us to win the division, and get a possible bye. Damn lucky ass Bears. All year long. Lucky to win the season-opener, divisional game vs Detroit, and that set them off on the right path.
Lucky to beat us thanks to 3 critical suspicious penalties on us on TD or Int plays... plus the magic Jones fumble that hit the invisible forcefield along the sideline.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong here:

Even if the Bears lose this week, and we win, they will still be technically ahead of us for the division title because of their head to head win over us.
And even if they lose another game in week 15 or 16, and we win both (NE & NYG)... to move a game ahead of them, they still can beat us in week 17 to tie us up, and will beat us because they will win that tiebreaker #1.
I could be wrong as well, but I don't think it goes for the head to head win. I think it's either the best division record or conference record.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I could be wrong as well, but I don't think it goes for the head to head win. I think it's either the best division record or conference record.
Head-to-head is a determinant...as long as the Bears are one game within the Packers come Week 17 then they can win the division; they'd just have to beat the Packers to do so

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Head-to-Head is always first, except in cases with more than 2 teams (unless, in that case, one team has beaten all the other teams; then they win.)

As long as we beat the Lions, Giants, Bears and the Bears haven't made up another game on us we make the playoffs thanks to a better Conference record. We REALLY want the Bears to lose to Minny, that would allow us to lose any game except the Lions and, assuming we're only a game down, beat the Bears and make the playoffs.

Lots of scenarios.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers still control their own destiny, as do the Bears. The difference is that you could beat us and still lose the division, it's incredibly unlikely that we beat you and don't win the division.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Packers still control their own destiny, as do the Bears. The difference is that you could beat us and still lose the division, it's incredibly unlikely that we beat you and don't win the division.
Only possible if we win the next three and you lose the next three, yeah?

Damn.

And neither of those is likely at all.

Old 12-11-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Head-to-head is a determinant...as long as the Bears are one game within the Packers come Week 17 then they can win the division; they'd just have to beat the Packers to do so
That's right. I don't know what I was thinking there.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's still 4 games to be played and about a million scenarios, but here's the bottom line:
If we lose to the Bears we can forget about winning the division
If we lose to the Giants it's going to be hard to get a wild card
If we lose both we are pretty much screwed

There are at least 4 teams that control their own destiny. I'm pretty sure the Packers, Bears, Eagles, and Giants all do.

The Giants game might actually be more important than the Bears game depending on how things play out, but they are both extremely critical. NE not so much. The Lions are extremely important too but I kind of chalked that up as a win (if we lose we probably deserve to call it a season anyway).

Here's why: for example if we lose the Giants game and beat the Bears, the Bears would still probably be 1 game up on us or if we are tied then it hurts us in tie breakers in common opponents. That puts us in a position where we would likely lose a tiebreaker in the division and a tiebreaker to the Giants. Luckily we would still own a tiebreaker against the Eagles, I think. If we beat the Giants and lose to the Bears, we are probably ahead on the totem pole against the Giants and Eagles for the wildcard, and would have a pretty good chance of getting in that way.

Somewhat anticlimactic I know, but the Giants game is probably more important. Also, we are Vikings fans tomorrow when NYG goes to Minnesota. I know, hard, damn near impossible, but it helps us if Brent and the Viqueens win tomorrow.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-12-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Also, we are Vikings fans tomorrow when NYG goes to Minnesota. I know, hard, damn near impossible, but it helps us if Brent and the Viqueens win tomorrow.
We are big Vikings fans tomorrow (Monday) and the next 2 games after that (vs Bears, @ Philly).

The Vikings played great last week for Leslie Frazier, and I'm hoping they keep playing that well.... basically like they played all last year.

Still not sure which QB gives them the best chance to beat those teams though.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Still not sure which QB gives them the best chance to beat those teams though.
However people want to spin it, it's still a choice between a giant doosh and a turd sandwich

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-12-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
For that to happen the Bears would have to win all of their next three and we'd have to lose two of three.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

The channel that the Packer game is on has been a black screen for the past 15 minutes. I swear on my unborn children that if they screw up the broadcast and I miss the game I will cancel it tomorrow morning. Probably demand a refund as well for them not providing the service as stated in the contract.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The channel that the Packer game is on has been a black screen for the past 15 minutes. I swear on my unborn children that if they screw up the broadcast and I miss the game I will cancel it tomorrow morning. Probably demand a refund as well for them not providing the service as stated in the contract.
I have the same thing here in Madison. No FOX for Charter.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If anyone has a stream PLEASE send it to me. I am watching the ******* Bengals vs Steelers right now and it makes me want to murder someone.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
******* **** man. Mines been ******* frozen for over 30min an thats just when I turned it on. Now im ******* missing the game an all thats on my screen is some *** frozen next to an ATM. Motherfuck ******* **** **** **** ****

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If anyone has a stream PLEASE send it to me. I am watching the ******* Bengals vs Steelers right now and it makes me want to murder someone.
Me 2 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

omfg greg jennings just took an easy as you can possibly get 60 yard TD perfect pass from Rodgers and handed it to the Lions cb

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-12-2010, 12:38 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

jesus christ it went off his helmet into the defenders hands who was beat by 3 steps

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, back to football. God that looked bad from GJ.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
jesus christ it went off his helmet into the defenders hands who was beat by 3 steps
I cannot believe Jennings just did that. Wow.