Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Quote:
His most remarkable stat was during that two-year period he had 7 touchdowns of over 50 yards, including a 92-yard TD run.
This is the best part of the story. Once he gets going he can be a big weapon. I think he has just started to scratch the surface! Plus here is another reason why he reminds me so much of Grant (2007 version). They are true one cut slashers, with the same size, upright running style, and can explode out of cuts. I understand the AP comparison but realistically I don't think Starks could ever be as dangerous as AP or the man everyone compares AP to in Eric Dickerson. Those two guys are elite hall of fame guys. AP is just flithy when he is not fumbling. But i think with the chance Starks could be as productive as Grant, a 1,200 yard 10 TD guy.

The story also goes to prove once again why the Bears still suck!
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Too bad we have absolutely no need for another ILB.
There's no chance at all of converting him to an OLB?

Not even considering the idea that if we ARE going to be getting rid of one of the present trio established at ILB, then getting a new 3rd ILB might be a good idea?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
There's no chance at all of converting him to an OLB?

Not even considering the idea that if we ARE going to be getting rid of one of the present trio established at ILB, then getting a new 3rd ILB might be a good idea?
He really doesn't fit well as a 3-4 OLB. He's actually probably best suited for a 4-3 OLB, but he could probably make it as an ILB in a 3-4.

And even if we do get rid of Hawk or Barnett (I wouldn't completely rule out keeping all three, though unlikely), we still have two starters and Chillar. If he's there when we pick in the 5th, fine, but we have no reason to take an ILB earlier than that.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:28 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he's there when we pick in the 5th, fine, but we have no reason to take an ILB earlier than that.
out of pure homerism i would take casey in the third . . but thats prolly cuz i have a huge boner for clay

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:31 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa230 View Post
out of pure homerism i would take casey in the third . . but thats prolly cuz i have a huge boner for clay
Exactly. That's the only reason any of us are interested in him. If he was the same player, but with a different name/family no one would be talking about us drafting him.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be absolutely thrilled if we got Casey even as just a special teamer.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. That's the only reason any of us are interested in him. If he was the same player, but with a different name/family no one would be talking about us drafting him.
With all due respect, the Matthews bloodline is worth something. You can't write these guys off.
Casey might be the perfect type of Ted Thompson guy.... a late-bloomer, hard worker, perfect to improve our special teams.

Even if he doesn't blossom into a stud starting LB, he seems to be a guy that can easily replace a Poppinga or Chillar IMO, down the road. Again, you can't discount that bloodline. It's remarkable.

The former Brown Clay Matthews was never the most blessed guy talent-wise, but thru hard work, he became like an 18-year player. These guys are unique.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I should have put ^that^ in our draft thread. But THIS can go here:
CONGRATS TO THOR!

The Sporting News has named Clay Matthews its NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Matthews, in his second season as outside linebacker with the Green Bay Packers, has 13 1/2 sacks, 60 tackles, one interception and two forced fumbles this season.

Atlanta's Mike Smith and Mike Mularkey were named the coach of the year and coordinator of the year, respectively.

Tom Brady was the Sporting News' offensive player of the year.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I guess I should have put ^that^ in our draft thread. But THIS can go here:
CONGRATS TO THOR!

The Sporting News has named Clay Matthews its NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Matthews, in his second season as outside linebacker with the Green Bay Packers, has 13 1/2 sacks, 60 tackles, one interception and two forced fumbles this season.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...-clay-matthews

there's the link. Congrats to Clay
Old 01-12-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Just watching some film here, and this thought occurred to me:
One of our biggest problems in big games has been Rodgers fumbling the ball away.

He lost the one in OT to lose the Arizona game.
He lost the one at the goalline at Atlanta, which proved fatal in a big game.
He lost one at Philly last week in the playoffs, which almost led to us eventually losing that game.

We've all gotten pissed off at James Jones for his drops, and his fumbles against the Bears a couple of times. But Rodgers has to make sure he doesn't fumble the ball away.

We need M-Ice to cough one up to us to make it even, and hopefully it's one of their few times they enter our red zone.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Just watching some film here, and this thought occurred to me:
One of our biggest problems in big games has been Rodgers fumbling the ball away.

He lost the one in OT to lose the Arizona game.
He lost the one at the goalline at Atlanta, which proved fatal in a big game.
He lost one at Philly last week in the playoffs, which almost led to us eventually losing that game.

We've all gotten pissed off at James Jones for his drops, and his fumbles against the Bears a couple of times. But Rodgers has to make sure he doesn't fumble the ball away.

We need M-Ice to cough one up to us to make it even, and hopefully it's one of their few times they enter our red zone.
While I agree, it's worth noting that QBs as a whole fumble more. The ball is hanging out there for anyone to get when they drop back. Not like a WR who should have that **** in a deathgrip.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
While I agree, it's worth noting that QBs as a whole fumble more. The ball is hanging out there for anyone to get when they drop back. Not like a WR who should have that **** in a deathgrip.
Absolutely.
And I am not saying that Rodgers fumbles a ton. It's just that thinking about it watching the game films, it seems that in the 3 biggest games he's played in (or the 2 biggest + the Atlanta one in Nov), he has had a crucial fumble.

It's time we turn the tables on Matt Ryan.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Here in Memphis some of the sports radio guys were saying that the Packers seemed very business like in their game against Philly.

After reading Silverstein's practice update on JSOnline today it seems like that's how MM has them looking at these games.

MM seems to have the pulse of this team down to the very last player. Doesn't mean they'll win but they sound very confident and focused.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I want to see our gigantic beefy DL crush and punish the Falcons OL, RB, FB, and QB.

I like McCarthy's approach and believe in him and the team.

My only worries are the refs. And turnovers.
Turnovers have a % that is luck, I'd say a good 50% of it is luck.
And refs? Don't get me started with the Bears game 1 film or some of the hits Rodgers has taken that weren't flagged but that our D has been flagged for. People say don't worry, those things even out. If so, we should be clear sailing to Dallas.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was most likely a long shot anyway, but Capers name had been linked(at least mentioned by a few analyst/writers) as a potential candidate for the Broncos job. We now know that is a moot point with Fox getting the job.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
He was most likely a long shot anyway, but Capers name had been linked(at least mentioned by a few analyst/writers) as a potential candidate for the Broncos job. We now know that is a moot point with Fox getting the job.
Yep, good hire by Denver with John Fox.
Let's keep staying alive for another week, and two, and three.... and let all those other coaching vacancies be filled up before we're done.

Good article about thanking Favre for Matthews>
http://packersinsider.com/2011/01/pa...cing-matthews/
Old 01-16-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Aaron Rodgers playoff stats, all 3 games have been on the road, to

77-105(73%) completion, 969 yards(323 ave. per game), 9.2 yards per pass attempt, 10 TD, 1 INT. 8 rushes, 30 yards, 2 rushing TD's

Old 01-16-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Not over yet, but it might as well be. Looks like its setting up for an epic NFC North showdown in the Championship game
Old 01-16-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couldn't have asked for a better road to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

@ PHI
@ ATL
@ CHI

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Couldn't have asked for a better road to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

@ PHI (#3 seed)
@ ATL (#1 seed)
@ CHI (#2 seed)
Culminating in defeating God's greatest coach and QB of all time in the Super Bowl?

Could not have written a better Victory Tour than that script. No way, no how.
And to do it missing 1/5th of our starting lineup? That will make those guys deadly hungry next year.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not get carried away. The Bears have owned us in Chicago as of late.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yup. I think GB is more talented, but whenever they play there it seems that we see the Pack fumble the ball while having an impressive drive, a FG gets blocked, and the Bears get great bounces on everything
Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Quailman
Rookie

Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Quailman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YO so i fucken PUT teh PUT in th score n fucken YARDIGE n FELD GOLES n fucken PATS n fucken SACK n VORPS n BABBIPS n SIERRA n WARS n all taht **** from SUNDYS fucken FALCN PICKERS GAEM into my TI89 2 findd out th fucken SABAR<MERTIRIC analsi of teh game n gess wat teh fucken SCRENNN SED:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti 89
BEEP BOP BOOP BIP the PACKERS b a BUNCH of SHITASS & BIRCHASS & PUSSYASS babyback BIRCHEES yes I M CALCULATOR TI 89 ROBOT yes MASTER"
so yeeee ****** **** AINT FARE but that aint fucken TIMY DMITROFF or MAIK SMIFF FALT it cuz that shittass BUD SEELIG fucken RIG th NFL th fucklen RIGG UP n u no this SPROT FAN.

HEAR CUMS DA BEAR CLAPT!
Quailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Yup. I think GB is more talented, but whenever they play there it seems that we see the JAMES JONES fumble the ball while having an impressive drive, a FG gets blocked, and the Bears get great bounces on everything and get away with penalties while the Packers get called for an all-time record amount of them including denying a TD and 2 Ints
The worse the weather is, the more it favors the slower, bigger, stronger, more physical DL/OL of the Bears.
I wish we could play these guys in the Falcons or Vikings or Saints dome.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quailman View Post
YO so i fucken PUT teh PUT in th score n fucken YARDIGE n FELD GOLES n fucken PATS n fucken SACK n VORPS n BABBIPS n SIERRA n WARS n all taht **** from SUNDYS fucken FALCN PICKERS GAEM into my TI89 2 findd out th fucken SABAR<MERTIRIC analsi of teh game n gess wat teh fucken SCRENNN SED:

so yeeee ****** **** AINT FARE but that aint fucken TIMY DMITROFF or MAIK SMIFF FALT it cuz that shittass BUD SEELIG fucken RIG th NFL th fucklen RIGG UP n u no this SPROT FAN.

HEAR CUMS DA BEAR CLAPT!
Was this really necessary at all?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote