Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one cares about our OC because all he does is collect stats and numbers and gives them to McCarthy and Rodgers. Trgo leaving our DL would be the biggest loss that is most likely to happen, IMO.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Wow, long time no see.
I likes to show my face, errr avatar..., on occasion. :P

Unfortunately, my days are much too busy as of late to put in the effort it takes to keep up with the forum, though I do miss those good ole days. I stop in and read some ramblings/opinions on occasion, more so around draft time, before disappearing into the ether again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great shirt or greatest shirt?

The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Great shirt or greatest shirt?

Needs poll. I'll say great in the assumption that the future will have a shirt like this but with Raji dancing all over your manly chest.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
William “The Refrigerator” Perry used to hold the record for the heaviest player to score a touchdown in the postseason, having been listed at 335 pounds when he ran for a touchdown in Super Bowl XX.

But according to the Wall Street Journal, now that record belongs to Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji, whose listed weight is 337 pounds, after Raji returned an interception for a touchdown for Green Bay on Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ps-the-fridge/
The legend lives on.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where can I get one of those shirts?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.firetedthompsonnow.com/

Haha. Thompson haters are quickly vanishing.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's hilarious.

Also, in some important news, Clay Matthews has signed a 1 year endorsement deal with Suave for Men. He'll be required to promote the brand pre and post superbowl and could be doing a commercial or 2. Watch out Polamalu, you got competition
Old 01-26-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please win. I don't care to hear TT's **** for another year.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Please win. I don't care to hear TT's **** for another year.
You talkin' bout me?? ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's seen this?

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was pretty interesting

Quote:
Coach Mike McCarthy said that he was not pleased that TE Jermichael Finley and LB Nick Barnett expressed their displeasure with not being included in the original plans for a team photo on Twitter and that creating a schedule in the best interest of those at the Super Bowl was his priority.

However, after a meeting with team captains, McCarthy said that he decided to change the schedule and have the photo taken on the Friday before the Super Bowl and not the customary Tuesday.

McCarthy called it a "poor decision" by Finley and Barnett to go public with their complaints and didn't apologize for the original scheduling. He said he heard about the complaints, but didn't pay much attention to them "because of the individuals involved."
Anybody else think this will be Barnett's last year here?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think that's where McCarthy was going with it, though he's obviously not happy it was made into an issue. They're guys who like to talk. Barnett always goes on Jim Rome and stuff when he has the chance and does a lot of local media stuff. I don't use twitter at all, but I think Barnett is pretty big on that two. It's not like he ever says anything negative though, and this wasn't that bad. If anything it's taking a small shot at Barnett and Finley to tell them to shut up.

There's obviously a chance he won't be back, but it won't have anything to do with this or any other off field issues if there are any.

I definitely hope he is back though. I stand by that he is still the best linebacker on the roster besides Matthews.

Last edited by GB12 : 01-27-2011 at 11:56 AM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
There's obviously a chance he won't be back, but it won't have anything to do with this or any other off field issues if there are any.

I definitely hope he is back though. I stand by that he is still the best linebacker on the roster besides Matthews.
Yeah . . . i really dont understand why Barnett has been catching alot of heat lately. Really wish he was playing in the sb.

On Andrew Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
People are expecting him to be some sort of alien defense-destroying robot QB and it's just not realistic.
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Hawk is clearly better than Barnett, and is about 4 years younger.
I have expected all along that Hawk will get an extension which makes his 2011 cap # more realistic, and Barnett gets shown the door. I see Barnett moving on.

He's just missed almost 2 full seasons in the past 3, and now he's getting old.
Age + Unavailability = Dispensable

Don't forget about Chillar coming back too.

What if the team photo has all the IR guys in white jerseys instead of green?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I think Hawk is clearly better than Barnett, and is about 4 years younger.
Completely disagree. Barnett last year was better than Hawk this year. The age difference definitely could be a factor though.[/quote]

Quote:
What if the team photo has all the IR guys in white jerseys instead of green?
That's not the issue. The problem was that the picture was supposed to be taken on Tuesday and the IR guys aren't coming down until Thursday. Now it's been moved to
Old 01-27-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That quote by McCarthy has made me lose some respect for him. Those guys on IR are part of the team. This may be the only Super Bowl team they are ever a part of. They absolutely deserve to be in the picture, and it was disrespectful to even consider not having them in it.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
That quote by McCarthy has made me lose some respect for him. Those guys on IR are part of the team. This may be the only Super Bowl team they are ever a part of. They absolutely deserve to be in the picture, and it was disrespectful to even consider not having them in it.
It's not like he deliberately tried to keep them out of the picture. McCarthy was concerned with getting the team ready to play and it just happened that they were scheduled for the picture before the IR players were supposed to be in Dallas.

I actually kind of like that he doesn't give a **** about the picture and is focused on the game. If you get the ring you don't need a picture to remember it.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It's not like he deliberately tried to keep them out of the picture. McCarthy was concerned with getting the team ready to play and it just happened that they were scheduled for the picture before the IR players were supposed to be in Dallas.

I actually kind of like that he doesn't give a **** about the picture and is focused on the game. If you get the ring you don't need a picture to remember it.
And I didn't have a problem with McCarthy staying focused on the game, but to completely dismiss their concerns the way he did isn't right. I doubt McCarthy had much of anything to do with scheduling the picture. Once the picture got moved, that should have been the end of it. When asked he should have said, "We have rectified the situation and everyone is happy. Now let's focus on the game."
Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we post complete quotes instead of ones to make people look bad, please? As seen in the rest of the quote, he clearly didn't consider the issue at first and immediately corrected it.

And what he meant by the "individuals" thing is some people spam twitter. We all have that friend. Do YOU pay attention to everything they twitter? 'cuz he's got 53 players + coaches to worry about and if you go check out their twitter feeds they post a LOT of meaningless stuff. Haha.

Quote:
""It's unusual, because your initial plan is you take everybody. But you're off site -- there's a number of reasons why it was Thursday as opposed to Monday, and good reasons. Because at the end of the day, it's about getting ready for this game. It's not that they are not part of the team. They are in the photo. You want them in the photo and that's important. That part is in place. But we have to do -- we have to create the environment and the structure down there to get these players ready for this game and that's what every decision has been based on."

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

It's a stupid picture. I'm tired of hearing about it.

they get smoked.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:35 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
It's a stupid picture. I'm tired of hearing about it.
Seriously, who the **** cares?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Well #1, glad that issue is taken care of by the middle of this week so it won't distract us down here in Dallas.

#2- it was an illogical plan (time of the photo) to begin with.... figure it out and realize the IR guys aren't gonna be there then.... they count so make sure they're in the photo.

#3- at least the IR guys care bad enough that they want to be on that team photo.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/114813744.html

This is going to get annoying...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I've been gone too long, but what a great time to be a fan of the Packers. I won roughly $180.00 playing Roulette last night after hitting two consecutive numbers...Sadly the fella down a couple hundred wasn't digging the belt celebration and Raji dance.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote