Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2011, 01:12 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Clifton has said he is not retiring.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn that was so ******* awesome to watch. So many players that I was thrilled to see get this.

Also, suck it TT haters.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Brett Favre,

How my ass taste?

Sincerely,
Ted Thompson
Old 02-07-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hey, remember when the Packers won the super bowl? i do. it was yesterday.

i couldn't sleep last night. i was too jacked. i woke up this morning and i bounced out of bed to watch tv coverage, buy a press-gazzette and read the internets. felt like christmas.

now, they need to get a CBA done so we can defend our title.

champs, bitches.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 AM    (permalink
RyanBraun8
Rookie

RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.RyanBraun8 is so money.

Hey lets not forget now next year (..if there is a season of course) is the important year for Aaron Rodgers. Packer Super Bowls come in pairs and Bart Starr made it at 27 and 28, Brett Favre at 27 and 28, now the heavy weight champion of the world needs to keep this trend going after making and winning at 27!!!!

I hope all the TT haters enjoy getting bent because if he was any other GM in the NFL there is no chance in hell Packers would have made it this far.... the talent and depth he has brought to Green Bay is unreal. How many teams can lose 16 players to the IR and still finish the way we did! Zero!

Congrats Packers!!!
RyanBraun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Chad Clifton has said he is not retiring.
That's huge. Still have to find the OT of the future but at least whomever we get will have some time to develop before being thrown into the fire.

That guy is not going to be able to walk later in life. I guess he figures his knees can't get any worse.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. You earned it.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Yo I have a question, when your team wins the super bowl and your a fan, what now?

How do you feel? Isn't it just like over? I feel liek the regular season and all the games are actually more fun then after your team wins it all. Your all pumped from last night, but then what? It's just like oh cool, now were without football for 6 months like everyone else and we get nothing for the win lol.

I'm not saying this in a bad way, I'm just curious as a fan.

Can someone give me an answer?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is something to what you are saying. I guess to some extent the journey is the fun part. The difference being that when you win the Super Bowl there is no debating the "what if" and "what could have been". Stoked the Packers are SB Champs but there is a little bit of "what do I do with my Sundays now?" mixed in. That is pretty much there after every season no matter how early/late it ends.

Now we turn to the draft and FA provided they work out the CBA situation.

Last edited by TimmG6376 : 02-07-2011 at 10:37 AM.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. Well deserved. Enjoy the moment, it really is a great feeling. You're gonna be on a football high for a good while. I remember when the Giants won it all I watched the SB DVD like 20 times at least.

Get the hats, the shirts, the DVD, and just enjoy the good times. It really is a great feeling.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Yo I have a question, when your team wins the super bowl and your a fan, what now?

How do you feel? Isn't it just like over? I feel liek the regular season and all the games are actually more fun then after your team wins it all. Your all pumped from last night, but then what? It's just like oh cool, now were without football for 6 months like everyone else and we get nothing for the win lol.

It gives you the benefit of going from now until a playoff loss next season without sweating losses/injuries/whatever nearly as hard as you would have otherwise. It cements legacies. It gets the monkey off your back. Instead of nitpicking over every little thing you're able to enjoy the game more.

Packer fans love our team. We love Rodgers. To know that even if he somehow never won another Super Bowl he'd still go down with one, which is more than a lot of great QBs and players, it's something special. Even moreso, to see guys like Donald Driver.. who has fought injuries and been one of the hardest working, best character guys in the NFL.. played his entire career at Green Bay.. get that ring... wow. It's beyond gratifying. You talk about deserving it.. there's not a guy in football that deserved a ring yesterday more than Donald Driver. He goes out every game, usually injured, and he blocks. He makes catches in traffic. He makes plays. And he does it with a smile. Never complains. Never talks trash. Consistently a top wide receiver in this league, a diva position, but doesn't get attention because he doesn't talk or gloat. Seeing a guy like that get the ultimate culmination of a well-paid but physically grueling career is a special thing.

So instead of speculating over who we're going to draft or sign to get us there, we have the luxury of speculating who we're going to draft or sign to help get us back.

Especially with how young this team is and how much of a trial this season was, it's a great feeling.

That said, yup, it's definitely a bummer to have no football. Just as much as any other football fan, we'd love to have injuries reset, the draft and free agency condensed and finished tomorrow, and a new season starting Saturday.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 02-07-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard Green made the play of the game.

Ugh.

Congrats everyone!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats dudes. Great victory and a great game.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

homecoming live feed

http://www.wfrv.com/news/live

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't taken off my 2010 Super Bowl Champions hat since I bought it last night

I was listening to Chicago sports radio for a bit on my hour and a half drive - people in Chicago are pissed because Woodson isn't getting the same hate Cutler did ... lol, silly Bears fans. Woodson gave a speech at half time where he broke down crying.

How many hyped players had almost zero affect on the game? Troy Polamalu was invisible and he looked like he was responsible for coverage on both Jennings TDs - one he came in and laid a big hit after the catch but it didn't do anything, the other he was the only guy in the picture running towards the corner of the end zone about 5 yards away. Clay Matthews had a FF and almost every play there was a running back on his side, but didn't do much himself. Driver and Woodson got hurt. All the Pittsburgh linebackers did almost nothing, completely neutralized by a 5 lineman look. 3 sacks but none I thought were because the LB won the battle and made a play.

I'm going to get a copy of this game and watch it over and over while masturbating

Aaron Rodgers had 300 yards and 3 TDs and people are grading him in the top 10 performances ever by a super bowl quarterback. They also agree that if not for a few drops he would have been 400 and 5 and the greatest super bowl performance ever.

Mike Ditka said he wouldn't take any quarterback over Aaron Rodgers. He added "if there is another quarterback that throws the ball better you'll have to show me because I haven't seen it".

How strong can this team be next year? Our biggest issue is: do we have too many good players? How are we going to send guys who won us the Lombardi trophy to the bench or tell very good players who have given a lot to the team that they got replaced because they got hurt? What about the draft? Who do we cut? I can only think of a few players like our #5 receiver, an OL and a CB.

Pat Lee looked better than he did in preseason. He might be a decent player even if it takes him 5 years in the league to get there. He's worth the risk of keeping around because he's a phenomenal special teams player.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Last edited by umphrey : 02-07-2011 at 02:09 PM.
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And, I gotta say....Jarrett Freaking Bush had a helluva game. he stepped up. the interception was a terrific effort on his part and he looked mostly capable the whole second half. He's been the most unversally disliked Packer over the years, but man....he came up big when we needed him.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
And, I gotta say....Jarrett Freaking Bush had a helluva game. he stepped up. the interception was a terrific effort on his part and he looked mostly capable the whole second half. He's been the most unversally disliked Packer over the years, but man....he came up big when we needed him.
He blew a few coverages, but he did enough to get us through. I think his success on special teams really gave him some confidence.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

It gives me a great feeling that lasts well into next season. Usually around now I'm thinking about the draft, how we can get better, thinking about the key plays and missed opportunities that kept us down, but right now I'm just thinking how freaking awesome we are, how happy I am for vets like Woodson and Driver, and that Rodgers got a ring early so people can't say "well he's good but he doesn't have a ring so he's not great". I love watching ESPN and all NFL coverage for the entire offseason.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-07-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Congrats Packer fans, but watch out, Lions are taking the North next year.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the first note...SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS BABY!!!!!!!!!

I would be all for trading up in this upcoming draft again to get an impact player, rather then go for quantity. OT and OLB are really the only needs that we have at this point in time, maybe RB, but with Grant coming back and Jackson and Starks progressing I'm not worried about it at all. The future is ridiculously bright for the Packers right now. And thinking about Finley in our offense next year is reason enough to cream my pants.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

I agree completely. I would trade pretty much our entire draft for Carimi, a CB, and a WR. Haven't felt that way for a long time, but we just have more deserving players than roster spots before we even get to the draft, which is extremely rare.

Thanks to BK for the sig
Old 02-07-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I'm hoping Quarles makes a similar jump as Finley did in year 2. He isn't as physically gifted but can you imagine a 2 WR & 2 TE set with those two guys? Deadly mismatches on safeties and linebackers.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I agree completely. I would trade pretty much our entire draft for Carimi, a CB, and a WR. Haven't felt that way for a long time, but we just have more deserving players than roster spots before we even get to the draft, which is extremely rare.
That or if the right deal comes along we go ahead and trade for future picks...i know that's not always popular but if someone comes along and offers us some compensation in this draft and a future first for our first rounder then i'm sure we'd have to listen...i think the only way we'd go ahead and do that is if Carimi, Solder and Sherrod are all off the board, which I think they will be.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Seems to be significant depth at OLB (or OLB conversions) so I wouldn't be opposed to trading back if Houston is there and a team wants to give up some picks to come get him. If Carimi, Solder, Sherrod are all gone, what OL is really worth that pick? Why not trade back into the 2nd to get a 2nd tier OT and picks?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

BTW, anyone else see the interview of Greene and Matthews by Mariucci? Seems Greene had significant influence in picking Matthews. Maybe he can find another "diamond in the rough" (Greene's words) this year.