Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha!

Yes it's a pipe dream, but I can dream nonetheless. Think Woodson & Collins at safety, Williams, Asomugha, and Shields locking down the top three CB positions.

More realistically, Cullen Jenkins is the obvious choice. Though I think Jenkins is feeling a bit butthurt about TT not breaking the bank for him already and is more likely to bolt for the biggest contract offer, which will almost certainly not be from GB, than he is to give us a hometown discount.
OMG if we got Nnamdi. We would have 3 of the top 5 corners in the league!
Never gonna happen though unless he wants to take the biggest pay cut in nfl history :D
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
So now when free agency starts if we ever get to that point who would you like the Packers to resign... and who would you like the Packers to go out and get.
Since TT doesn't really dabble into the FA pool much, I'll just focus on the Packers FA to be

After this draft, I'd say the only guys who have a shot to be re-signed would be Cullen Jenkins(he'd be the main target for them obv) and either Kuhn or Jackson. Korey Hall, James Jones, and Colledge are likely gone for sure
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Nnamdi Asomugha!

Yes it's a pipe dream, but I can dream nonetheless. Think Woodson & Collins at safety, Williams, Asomugha, and Shields locking down the top three CB positions.

More realistically, Cullen Jenkins is the obvious choice. Though I think Jenkins is feeling a bit butthurt about TT not breaking the bank for him already and is more likely to bolt for the biggest contract offer, which will almost certainly not be from GB, than he is to give us a hometown discount.
Cullen Jenkins on Twitter sounds more than a little sore about not getting a contract yet. I don't think he'll be back.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
OMG if we got Nnamdi. We would have 3 of the top 5 corners in the league!
Never gonna happen though unless he wants to take the biggest pay cut in nfl history :D
Yea, no way we'd be able to compete with other contract offers that will be thrown his way. I know him and Woodson remain close from their time together with the Raiders - Nnamdi often likens Woodson to his big brother - but I don't think that will get us a big enough discount to make signing him a reality. It's fun to think about though!

@ umphrey, I agree with you, though crazier things have happened, I don't think he has any plans of coming back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Cullen Jenkins on Twitter sounds more than a little sore about not getting a contract yet. I don't think he'll be back.
That's not what I got from his twitter stuff. In fact, I never realized how funny he was until I saw his twitter. The guy is just cracking jokes constantly. I wouldn't look too much into what he says on that since he seems to just be screwing around
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike neal played really well untill he got injured so i dont think we will miss Cullen Jenkins next season anyway.

Last edited by SuperPacker : 05-02-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dom Capers: Sam Shields played close to 800 plays for us last year

That's 50 a game. For reference most teams want to get 65 snaps on offense, but don't always get there.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Dom Capers: Sam Shields played close to 800 plays for us last year

That's 50 a game. For reference most teams want to get 65 snaps on offense, but don't always get there.
Yeah, i reckon Sam Shields is a stud. Hes only played one year as a corner so his potential is unlimited. Heard it here first, Future Hall of Fame.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randall Cobb via twitter

Quote:
Green and yellow green and yellow!!!!! Uh huh u know what it is!!!!!!

Quote:
How crazy is this.... This was taken the day I got back from the combine
That quote goes with the picture below... It was always meant to be, this was the day after the scouting combine!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im so excited by some of the camp battles we will have
RB-2nd string Starks Vs. Green
TE-2nd string Quarless vs. Crabtree
WR-starting Driver Vs. Nelson
LG-Lang vs. Schelephoff-who ever that olineman we drafted
OLb-Zombo Vs Walden Vs Jones
Safety Burnett vs. peprah
and also bigby vs. underwood vs. bush

We have a lot of competition and its great it will make sure some of these players dont slack during camp thinking that they are already great because they are superbowl champs. We are going to truely let go of some great players when we have to make cuts.

Winners will be starks-2nd string green-3rd string
crabtree-2nd quarless3rd nelson-1st driver-3rd or slot lang-starter schlaughoff-2nd zombo starter walden 2nd jones 2nd behing clay burnett starter peprah 2nd behind both safetys bigby-cut underwood-cut bush-possibly 3rd string or cut????
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have that same shirt Cobb is wearing.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post

We have a lot of competition and its great it will make sure some of these players dont slack during camp thinking that they are already great because they are superbowl champs. We are going to truely let go of some great players when we have to make cuts.

crabtree-2nd quarless3rd nelson-1st driver-3rd or slot lang-starter schlaughoff-2nd zombo starter walden 2nd jones 2nd behing clay burnett starter peprah 2nd behind both safetys bigby-cut underwood-cut bush-possibly 3rd string or cut????
Missing Elmore in the OLB competition, DJ Williams in the TE competition. O-Line also going to have a competition with Tauscher (likely out), Sherrod, Bulaga and College for RT and maybe LG. FB also could have some competition based on if Kuhn and Hall come back or if they get signed elsewhere.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Missing Elmore in the OLB competition, DJ Williams in the TE competition. O-Line also going to have a competition with Tauscher (likely out), Sherrod, Bulaga and College for RT and maybe LG. FB also could have some competition based on if Kuhn and Hall come back or if they get signed elsewhere.
Also, I don't think the #1 RB is settled and a given for Ryan Grant. Number one, and this is the big one, you can never assume he will be the same following a broken bone in the wheel.
#2- they really like Starks.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Also, I don't think the #1 RB is settled and a given for Ryan Grant. Number one, and this is the big one, you can never assume he will be the same following a broken bone in the wheel.
#2- they really like Starks.

To be honest I don't think it is a gurantee Grant will even be on the team. I mean if it was me I would want to keep him around, but he is due a decent sized bonus this year and teams seem to be cutting players who are due those bigger bonuses. IMO he would have already been cut if this were the case, but I just thought I would throw it out there.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good point. Alex Green could have been drafted to replace Grant and not Jackson and the RB corps would be Starks/Green/Jackson(obviously they re-sign him). Definitely can't rule that out as a possibility
Old 05-04-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I wouldnt mind if we did get rid of Grant. It is pointless paying him starter money when hes not gonna be taking every snap. Also we have Starks and Green who are both young so i dont think it would be a massive loss.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would only be in favor of parting with Grant and his $contract$ if it meant freeing up enough $ that we were able to keep Cullen Jenkins.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are crazy. Grant will definetly be back but Starks is going to get more carries this year. I'd say it'll be a 80/20 in favor of Grant at the moment.

Green is just that, green. You can't expect much this year from him, especially considering he's coming from a spead offense and has had problems with fumbling.

Grant is proven and Starks needs to prove he can stay healthy. Anything Green gives us is a bonus IMO. Next year is another situation but there's no chance that we just cut Grant and roll with 2 big question marks at RB.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post

I think both Burnett and Peprah will see significant time - they both bring different skillsets to the table.

I think Nelson's post-season play has cemented him in the number 2 WR role on offense - as much as that means, which is not a lot considering how much we spread it around...Driver will still see time, but it would be somewhat surprising if they relied on a guy who's older than old and is starting to get consistently hurt...

I think they'll keep Quarless, Crabtree and Williams and possibly Taylor - I think this is the end of the road for Korey Hall, who although he's a very good lead blocker is never healthy, and Quinn Johnson who's shown no ability to get to grips with the playbook despite clear flashes of ability.

Words I never thought I'd say - we must keep Jarrett Bush, the guy is a demon on ST.

I think the OLB situation will be a rotation, the fact they only used a 6th rounder on Elmore tells me that they're confident in what they have - Zombo got a bit of criticism last year which I felt was unfair for an UDFA and I feel he'll progress with Greene continuing to coach him up.
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers.com has Randall Cobb listed as #18.... I really wish he would have had an 80s number but o well. Derek Sherrod (#78) is the only other rookie who has been listed with a number so far.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

I dont mind WRs having teen numbers.

All the best ones are taken up. 88, 80, 85, 89.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excluding Practice Squad Players, I think the following 80's Numbers are left over; 81, 82, 84, 87.

18 was Cobb's number in Kentucky, so for all we know it's a number he totally wants.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quarless is 81 and Nelson is 87.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I dont mind WRs having teen numbers.

All the best ones are taken up. 88, 80, 85, 89.
I agree... I hate those teen #'s for WRs.
We've had some important #84's over the years, from the great Sterling Sharpe to a temporary good one in Javon Walker.

I wish Cobb would have taken 84. But he was 19 at Kentucky, so we can get used to it I guess.

I still think of Hawk & Matthews as #47!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro