Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
But Aaron Kampman has done as much for Green Bay this season as Al Harris. So why isnt he getting one?
Harris was on the PUP for half the season. He was still able to practice with the team during that time which makes him just as part of the team as anyone else.

Secondly, who cares how he feels about not playing in a game for the Packers this season. Al was a key part of our team for many years and the fact is he was on the team for half the season so the team did the right thing in giving him a ring.

This isn't a situation like the Colts when they gave Edgerin James a ring even though he played for the Cardinals.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
But Aaron Kampman has done as much for Green Bay this season as Al Harris. So why isnt he getting one?
I think you forgot, but as a couple guys already reminded you, Harris worked his ass off on the Packers PUP roster until like October or November something and came off the PUP expecting to rejoin the team.

Ryan Grant told me personally he expected Harris back and he told me he still thought Al was our 2nd best CB at that time! I argued with him saying Harris was our 3rd best (Tramon).
Turns out the coaches were correct: Shields was also better.

Anyway, Brother Al was a "Packer" for all the off-season and 6-8 weeks into 2010.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:33 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a bit different over in England.

I watch football (soccer) and in premier league (which is like the nfl) there are 20 teams and each team plays 38 games. If you play for the team that won the league you only get a medal if you have played in more than 10 games.

Im just not use to giving medals or rings just for being a part of the team.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotcha. Yeah, it's really just up to the team on whether a guy gets a ring or not. I think Al deserved one since he was a part of the team heading into the season. IF he never got hurt he would have played all year. Kampman, while I wish he got a ring as well, was NOT a part of the team at all that season. He had already signed with the Jags. Harris was on the PUP and rehabbing his ass off to return to the Pack

As far as how he feels about getting a ring, that's his deal. Obviously his feelings towards it won't be the same as the guys who were on the field when the team won, but if I was Al, I'd still cherish the ring. To be honest, if I was a player, the ring would just be something of a reminder that "I won the SB" but the best part of the whole thing is the game itself where you are celebrating with your team mates after winning and holding the trophy. Don't think anything can top that moment. The ring is just an accessory to bust out during special occasions, really
Old 05-16-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The ring is just an accessory to bust out during special occasions, really
But would he feel right whipping out the ring and saying "i won the superbowl" when he didnt?
Old 05-16-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, you'd have to ask Al that. All I'm saying is that he did deserve one since he was a part of the 2010 roster for half the season(even if he didn't play)

I mean, Nick McDonald didn't play a snap all year and he will get a ring to. Is that any different than Al Harris? Only difference is that McDonald was on the sideline and got to celebrate after the game, despite him having NO impact on the team whatsoever at all
Old 05-16-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Yeah i know. I dont even think McDonald should get one :D neither should bigby, spitz, chillar, barnett, poppinga, quinn johnson. But thats just me :)
Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about the rings is that it has nothing to do with the NFL. Its a team decision to give them out and who to give them to. The Steelers could make their own rings just as the Panthers could. Its more of a tradition and an organization celebration than anything.

I see what you're getting at SuperPacker but look at it like this, you said:

Quote:
If you play for the team that won the league you only get a medal if you have played in more than 10 games.
So in the NFL, if typically if you're on the team for half the season you get a ring. I don't remember who it was but there was a player that ended up playing half the season for each Superbowl team, so he was getting a ring if his current team won or not.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the rookie roundtable on NFL Network. I can't wait to see Randall Cobb in a Packers jersey.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Just watched the rookie roundtable on NFL Network. I can't wait to see Randall Cobb in a Packers jersey.
Unfortunately, we all have to wait too long......
Old 05-21-2011, 04:53 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Cullen Jenkins twitter... Thought this was funny

Quote:
Found a DVD called naughty office girls 3. Dont know what its about, but will I understand it if I haven't seen versions 1 and 2 yet?

Ive heard of a bunch of other teams players gathering up others for workouts has anyone heard if any Packers are doing this?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 05-21-2011 at 04:57 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Ive heard of a bunch of other teams players gathering up others for workouts has anyone heard if any Packers are doing this?
Some quotes from JS:

Quote:
Q: Working out with anyone?
Bishop: Yeah, a few guys. Down in San Diego is Brandon Chillar, Brett Swain, Jarrett Bush, Charlie Peprah. There’s a few of us. Just conditioning stuff; nothing football.

Q: Player-only practices a possibility?
Bishop: Not unless we get back (to work). I think that workout stuff is mostly for the offense – quarterbacks getting their timing with the receivers. We’re more reactive. We just kind of go to the ball. We’re getting ready physically. And, everybody on our defense has already been acclimated to the defense. So, it won’t be that big of a mental adjustment once we get back.

In an interview with a radio station in Sacramento, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he has not worked out with any of his teammates this off-season, with the lockout still in place.

Rodgers told KHTK-AM (1140) that it's not exactly easy to get together with his receivers, since they live all over the country.

"That’s something I’m sure we will do if it continues to drag on," Rodgers said about working out with his teammates. "I think if you look at some of the reports that are out there a lot of that is maybe over exaggerated about people getting together. You think about the number of different issues that are involved with getting those kinds of people together. It’s just difficult to do.

"Donald (Driver) lives in Houston, and he’s not going anywhere," Rodgers said. "Greg (Jennings) lives in Michigan. James (Jones) lives in San Jose. Jordy (Nelson) lives in Kansas. And Brett Swain lives in San Diego so to get those together who are all married and living with kids, is tough to do. We’re going to try, but it’s going to be difficult.”

Rodgers said NFL players remain optimistic that an agreement with owners can be reached soon.

“I’d say the majority of us are very optimistic that something’s going to happen in the near future," Rodgers said. "There are too many parties involved and too much money involved frankly for there not to be a season, in my opinion. A community like Green Bay needs the Packers to survive. The economy is built on people coming in to watch the games, coming in to watch training camp, there are a number of restaurants, hotels, bars, and their livelihood is directly related to us having a season. I hope we consider that when we’re negotiating and we find a solution that helps both parties. I’m optimistic we’re going to get something done."
I aslo recall hearing that Randall Cobb will be attending Larry Fitzgeralds WR camp along with Greg Jennings. Cobb has also been working out with punter Tim Masthay.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brings back some good memories...

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 05-21-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

Brings back some good memories...
Sweet.... wow, youtube has videos 3 hours long like this now?
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Sweet.... wow, youtube has videos 3 hours long like this now?
It says the videos can be up to 15mins in length now but somehow this guy was able to put the entire game by compressing it. Hey who cares.... now if only we get the chance to defend it this season!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care whether or not we do player work outs but I wouldn't mind seeing quarterbacks and receivers and specialists like KR/PR, kickers, punters working out in groups. Right after we drafted Cobb I remember thinking I hope Jennings takes him to camp with Fitz, so I was pretty excited to hear that happened. Working with Masthay was a surprise but a good one since I want him to return kicks for us next year and that's a skill I think you need to practice - not the return part but just catching spinning footballs off a foot. Would get rusty like a baseball hitter or basketball shooter I'd imagine.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:16 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Great video. I think we got a huge chance of repeating, we get back Grant and Finley back plus Sherrod, Cobb and Green. That should make our offense unstoppable. We get Mike Neal, Brad Jones and Erik Walden back and another CB in House which will only make our defense better. We are gonna tear apart the NFC North and finish as the 1st seed in the NFC. We will get to the superbowl and win it comfortably against the Baltimore Ravens!!!

Cant wait for the season to start. Just hope they sort it out soon.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

So left guard?

Seems like the concensus is that its going to be T.J. Lang as the starter, assuming that Colledge isn't brought back. I think a potential sleeper could be Marshall Newhouse. With both tackle positions pretty much locked up for the foreseeable future I think he could be a good option for us as LG. Good size and run blocking ability, but hopefully LG won't be a weak spot for us this year.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I am so fricking sad/bored/hungry without any NFL action/activities!

I feel I'm going thru a chocolate withdrawel here.
The only good thing is we're reigning champions and we have a lot of good footage to rewatch!

i have both wins over the cowboys the past 2 years even saved on DVR, in addition to this playoff run. somehow, i lost the game vs Atlanta though :o(
Old 05-27-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Packers players are receiving their SB rings on June 16th. NFL allowing the team and players to have contact for this occasion. Hope to see some good pics of the rings
Old 05-27-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Packers players are receiving their SB rings on June 16th. NFL allowing the team and players to have contact for this occasion. Hope to see some good pics of the rings
And this is awesome because it will be THE ONLY REAL FOOTBALL NEWS of that day, that week probably..... FULL SPOTLIGHT ON TITLETOWN for the celebration, and it won't be 20-below f**** zero this time!
Old 05-31-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Josh Sitton getting some love from Pro Football Focus

Interview

Complete RG

With Sitton, Bulaga, and now Sherrod our offensive line could be one of the tops in the league in a few years. Quite a turnaround from when we dumped Wahle and let Rivera walk in FA.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I'm suffering from Packer withdrawl
Old 06-04-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Josh Sitton getting some love from Pro Football Focus

Interview

Complete RG

With Sitton, Bulaga, and now Sherrod our offensive line could be one of the tops in the league in a few years. Quite a turnaround from when we dumped Wahle and let Rivera walk in FA.
Now they're giving Desmond Bishop his due.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Where the hell is everybody?