Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Brandon lives close to where I work (at a gas station) and both him and his wife made an appearance there tonight but they did so in different trips...she paid for everything with quarters too so i'm guessing he's not given her too much money haha
Sounds like an interesting gas station to be working at.... you didnt see Brandon ever bringing in other women did you lol.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I will (probably) be going to the game at San Diego in November, woo-hoo!
I'm going to that game! I haven't been to a Packer game since they played the last game at County Stadium. That was what, 17 years ago?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who has seen this.... Does this mean he wants to be a Packer for life? I get the feeling it does.

Quote:
The NFL lockout has prevented Packers players from receiving their Super Bowl rings in a public ceremony or making the customary trip to the White House. Getting tatted up with the former is one way to solve that problem.

My biggest concern for Shields is that he becomes a free agent after the 2012 season. When he walks into a negotiating meeting at Lambeau Field with a four-inch Packers G popping from his shirt collar, reason dictates that it would kill his leverage a bit.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-20-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I appreciate the tat, but wow, it's bigger than I thought.
Not a big fan of such big ink..... but his heart is in the right place, and I love Sam Shields!
I remember being so excited last year in camps about the young man's potential.
You can't teach speed like that!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:00 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll be able to negotiate with our free agents today along with undrafted free agents

Tomorrow will be the day for unrestricted free agents

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
We'll be able to negotiate with our free agents today along with undrafted free agents

Tomorrow will be the day for unrestricted free agents
Who do you think we keep, and lose?

Stay: Kuhn, Kicker,

Gone: Cullen :o( Jones. Bigby, Colledge

Will there be anyone willing to offer anything for Barnett? I doubt it, which sucks. He should command about a 3rd round pick from someone, but they know we're gonna release him anyway and they can sign him cheaper. If we could just find 2 teams who would bid for him, but that's a long shot.

Colledge staying would not shock me. But with the rookie Sherrod, TJ Lang, and Marshall Marshall Marshall Newhouse there, I think they want to let one of those guys earn the spot. Plus I think McDonald they like.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we re-sign John Kuhn and Mason Crosby, so I agree with you there. I also agree on all the guys we will let walk (led by Jenkins and Jones) and then we'll see Barnett get released.

For left guard I think it's going be a competition bewteen Lang and McDonald. I don't see Newhouse as much of a factor, other than being a backup, and Sherrod needs to be ready to take over at LT one day and isn't a long term fix at LG so it'd be a waste of time for him and the team.

I would like to see us make a run at Turk McBride and David Baas in free agency

Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

UDFA's i'd like to see brought in...

Mario Harvey - Marshall
Cedric Thornton - Southern Arkansas
Pierre Allen - Nebraska
Adam Froman - Louisville
Ben Chappell - Indiana
Alex Wujiciak - Maryland
Zach Hurd - UCONN

there's a handful of others but i'm looking at guys who could come in and really compete for depth along the lines, special teams, and as the 3rd quarterback for the team

Old 07-25-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are the Pack really close or over the 'floor' in the cap?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Found it.... Some of these numbers are off a little bit.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67...cid=espn-twttr

Quote:
Arizona $37.3 million under
Atlanta $13.9 million under
Baltimore $5.33 million under
Buffalo $35.9 million under
Carolina $30.6 million under
Chicago $37. million under
Cincinnati $35.9 million under
Cleveland $33.3 million under
Dallas $18.9 million over
Denver $1 million under
Detroit $16.6 million under
Green Bay $62,600 under
Houston $7.6 million under
Indianapolis $2.7 million over
Jacksonville $31.4 million under
Kansas City $34.3 million under
Miami $13.6 million under
Minnesota $5.1 million over
New England $7.57 million under
New Orleans $11.7 million under
N.Y. Giants $11.3 million over
N.Y. Jets $1.2 million over
Oakland $10 million over

Philadelphia $13 million under
Pittsburgh $10 million over
San Diego $19.4 million under
San Francisco $18.9 million under
Seattle $39 million under
St. Louis $35.6 million under
Tampa Bay $59.2 million under
Tennessee $10.3 million under
Washington $10.6 million under

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 07-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

per john clayton.... Didnt know he was hoping for a trade but ok.. just posted for the cap numbers.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers LB Nick Barnett: Barnett has been hoping for a trade and he should get one. He has a $6.9 million cap number, and releasing or trading him would save the Packers a much-needed $4.2 million. The Packers also would free up $4.581 million if they release tackle Mark Tauscher.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post

Holy ***t.
Those guys have a lot of money to throw at the free agents!
I don't like seeing Da Bears that far under. We know they aren't afraid to add instant talent (Peppers, Cutler trade).
Look at Tampa Bay! Dang. They have a fortune..... and are in a nice area where a lot of people would like to setup their home camps. And they're a team on the rise with a good young QB, and a black coach who, let's face it, a lot of black players will like to play for as one of they own. What Larry Johnson said, a lot of them think it too.

Really, I'd like to see them overpay for Nmamdi.
I'd hate to see them add a great young WR like Sidney Rice.

They do have to re-ink David Joseph though.... he should eat into that number a bit, but that number is HUGE.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
per john clayton.... Didnt know he was hoping for a trade but ok.. just posted for the cap numbers.
He knows whats likely going to happen. The writing is on the wall and the odds are against him seeing he lost his starting job.

I'd rather trade him too, get something for him instead of cap room. 3rd or 4th? Why not.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

Holy ***t.
Those guys have a lot of money to throw at the free agents!
I don't like seeing Da Bears that far under. We know they aren't afraid to add instant talent (Peppers, Cutler trade).
Look at Tampa Bay! Dang. They have a fortune..... and are in a nice area where a lot of people would like to setup their home camps. And they're a team on the rise with a good young QB, and a black coach who, let's face it, a lot of black players will like to play for as one of they own. What Larry Johnson said, a lot of them think it too.

Really, I'd like to see them overpay for Nmamdi.
I'd hate to see them add a great young WR like Sidney Rice.

They do have to re-ink David Joseph though.... he should eat into that number a bit, but that number is HUGE.
Those teams aren't really suprising. They are either rebuilding or rebuilt for the most part, the latter is ready to start paying those young guys. The Bears and Eagles structured free agent contracts correctly.

On a side note, I ran into Jermichael Finley last Friday. Dude is smallish.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright football is back, woo hoo, I was on lockout as well. But now it is time to start posting.

My first though relates to J-Mike. I am a little worried about J-Mike's injury. I think it was a lot worse than what was reported to the media. Jason Wilde had a nice blog about J-Mike.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/page.php?page_id=278

The article makes it sound like he thinks he is 100%, but I am gonna say that the Packers hold him out the first week or so of practice. I mean we're talking about practice man.

My 2nd thought is that I think the Packers run game will be much much better this year. I mean we have atleast 3 guys that should be quality RB's in Grant, Starks, and Green. Also, we won't have Daryn Colledge on the line anymore with his zero push run blocking. I am excited to see an OL of Cliton-Lang-Wells-Sitton-Bulaga. I think TT has finally established a solid, but not great, OL. I mean we actually have some backups that won't absolutely suck when they have to go into a game.

My 3rd thought is that they should give BJ Raji and Ryan Pickett way less reps to start off the season. Howard Green most likely is going to need to be baby stepped into football so he can't take more reps, but we need Mike Neal, CJ Wilson, possibly Justin Harrell, Jarius Wynn, and Lawrence Guy to get all the reps they can. Not to mention Jay Ross, a late season pickup.

My fouth and final thought is that I am actually excited for when I come up to training camp to see a legitimate kick returner and punt returner. Randall Cobb!!!!! No more watching MM try guys out at KR and PR, we for once have a guy that can do it.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Finally we can get this discussion going again! so excited these upcoming weeks are going to be busy busy for all teams. We will have to keep eachother updated because it should be a mess... Although an exciting one cant wait!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Packers have signed a couple rookie UDFA's anybody know anything about them.

WR Tori Gurley, South Carolina
KR Shaky Smithson, Utah
C Sampson Genus, USF

http://twitter.com/#!/NFLDraftInsider

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

KR Shaky Smithson, Utah
C Sampson Genus, USF

I can't remember details or where, but I did a breakdown of this guy prior to the draft when looking at special teams return guys. I was excited about him as a return guy.
I believe he's got something up on youtube.... I'm gonna go look for it again........
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Here was the thread about return men before the draft, and I posted some clips of Shaky in there... http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...28#post2578928
Old 07-25-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:

KR Shaky Smithson, Utah
C Sampson Genus, USF

add another one

Anthony Bratton (S, Delaware) to the Packers

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I am a little surprised by the WR's that we added. Gurley was probably one of the top undrafted guys at WR; he actually has a shot at the roster if he proves that he is not immature. I mean the guy is 6'5" with decent speed.

Shaky Smithson is a legit returner with questionable receiver skills. I like it though. I am happy that we are finally getting back to the return game, because it does make a difference where your starting field position is. I think Smithson has a shot as well. I mean how much did we really see Brett Swain really on the field. Smithson could actually be our return guy if MM does not want to use a true position player at KR/PR, then we could make Smithson our 5th WR and PR/KR, and use Cobb as our slot WR and have Cobb motion in and out of the backfield. Also, with J-Mike back it kind of defeats the purpose of the 5th WR.

By surprised I mean that I am surprised that we got them.

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 07-25-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any chance Sherrod competes at LG like Bulaga did last year?

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Shaky Smithson (sounds like a really good guy, I hope he can make it, he is my favorite UDFA for camp)

Last edited by bigboiajhawk : 07-26-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Any chance Sherrod competes at LG like Bulaga did last year?
I think there is a very good chance, but with that said, I think it is Lang's job to lose. I think people forget that last offseason was lost for Lang due to his wrist injury. I think he comes out this season and shows that he is worth the starting spot. (Atleast I hope)
Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Supposedly Jamari Lattimore from MTSU was added as well.

He was the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year, and is going to be an OLB. He seems like an outstanding athlete.