Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

one or, or maybe both of Kuhn/Jackson will be back. That's it IMO
Old 07-27-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
one or, or maybe both of Kuhn/Jackson will be back. That's it IMO
If Kuhn comes back then there's zero chance Jackson would be back. I don't think Jackson will be back regardless and if Kuhn is here then he can serve as the team's #1 FB and at the very least the #4 RB, leaving zero use for Jackson

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it will most likely come down to who is cheaper between the 2
Old 07-27-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it will most likely come down to who is cheaper between the 2
I don't even think money will be that big of an issue; we're talking about a fullback and backup running back, positions that aren't commanding of lots of money...I think it's a simple decision: which player provides you with more? Kuhn can serve as the team's fullback and short yardage back while Jackson showed he's only useful as a blocking back and is absolutely no threat with the ball in his hands. Is the team going to keep four running backs for game days (Grant, Starks, Green, Jackson)? Absolutely not. If you can kill two birds with one stone when filling out a NFL roster then you do it, especially when one guy has proven much more useful and reliable than the other.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:55 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Not surprised at all, I just pray that every year he is in the league his accuracy improves. Every time he kicks it from 40+ I never feel good until it goes through.

I feel the same, but he really has been pretty solid inside 50 during his career, fwiw

from the Green Bay Press Gazette

Quote:
Inside 50 yards, Crosby has made 97 of 116 field goals (83.6%). The Packers clearly factored that into the equation when they decided to offer Crosby a five-year contract that averages nearly $3 million per season.
that % actually surprised me. Of course, inside 50 you'd hope they would make most of them. I wonder what his career % is on FG's in the 41-50 range.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-27-2011 at 09:59 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that % actually surprised me. Of course, inside 50 you'd hope they would make most of them. I wonder what his career % is on FG's in the 41-50 range.
Mason Crosby

0-19 Yards, 4-4 (100%)
20-29 Yards, 36-37 (97%)
30-39 Yards, 31-38 (82%)
40-49 Yards, 26-37 (70%)
50+ Yards, 10-21 (48%)

107-137 Alltime 78.1%

Ryan Longwell In GB
97-98 - 80.0%
98-99 - 87.9%
99-00 - 83.3%
00-01 - 86.8%
01-02 - 64.5%
02-03 - 82.4%
03-04 - 88.5%
04-05 - 85.7%
05-06 - 74.1%

Mason Crosby
07-08 - 79.5%
08-09 - 79.4%
09-10 - 75.0%
10-11 - 78.6%

50+ Yards
Longwell - 9 Years - 13-22 (59%)
Crosby - 4 Years - 10-21 (48%)

So Crosby has attempted just shy of 1 less 50 yarder in 5 less years but Longwell was 11% better at making them.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 07-27-2011 at 03:59 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Jason Wilde, Green Bay is making an effort to keep James Jones, which is good to hear.

I know John Kuhn is going to test the market, but I find it hard to imagine him actually leaving. He has too good of a thing going in Green Bay. I also think Jackson was done the moment Alex Green was drafted.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Per Jason Wilde, Green Bay is making an effort to keep James Jones, which is good to hear.

I know John Kuhn is going to test the market, but I find it hard to imagine him actually leaving. He has too good of a thing going in Green Bay. I also think Jackson was done the moment Alex Green was drafted.
I'm glad to hear that, I want to keep the guy even though he causes more of us to fire remote controls off the wall (or thru window) than any other player.

I wonder who and what type of $ some other team might throw at him. I would expect a team like the Bears to overpay him.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post

Jennings
Driver
Nelson
Jones
Cobb

That would be so sick! Jackson I could care less about.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Mason Crosby
Ryan Longwell In GB
97-98 - 80.0%
98-99 - 87.9%
99-00 - 83.3%
00-01 - 86.8%
01-02 - 64.5%
02-03 - 82.4%
03-04 - 88.5%
04-05 - 85.7%
05-06 - 74.1%

Mason Crosby
07-08 - 79.5%
08-09 - 79.4%
09-10 - 75.0%
10-11 - 78.6%
Wow, that illustrates how horsecrap Crosby has been.
All I remember are all the LAST-SECOND failures.
But overall numbers are pathetic.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Wow, that illustrates how horsecrap Crosby has been.
All I remember are all the LAST-SECOND failures.But overall numbers are pathetic.
He is alright but compared to what Longwell did in GB it appears he could do much better. Those last second failures are burned in my mind and im sure all Pack fans. I still have very little confidence in him and at the end of games whatever I did have turns to 0.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby is still a very good kick but he has been inconsistant at times. Yeah he hasn't been our 'Ryan Longwell' but thats a good thing - means Crosby has the leg to attempt the 50+ kicks. Take away his career total of 10-21 from 50+ and he's an 83% career average kicker.

Horsecrap? Check again.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Crosby but he just brings my heart rate to a level that is just too high.

In other news, it sounds like most of the Packers FA's will be released with maybe the intention of signing James Jones. I don't quite buy it because I think Jones goes the FA route anyway to determine what his market value is. I would love to see Jones back, his poorly timed drops and all, because the dude is built like a tank and is actually very athletic.

With that said the whole WR situation is a little messy. I mean I don't want to question DD's durability, but he needs to stay healthy with the kind of $ he is deservedly getting paid, and he needs to perform at the level that commands that pay. I am also not sold on Jordy, he too has his share of drops. I think Jones in terms of WR ability has more than Nelson, but Nelson fits better into what we do offensively. I think Jordy is more comfortable also not being the go-to guy, whereas Jones wants to be that guy.

I could see the James Jones signing or releasing going one of two ways. We sign him and not Jordy next season, or we sign Jordy next season and let Jones go. Either way, I do not see us keeping both of those guys. So needless to say, what happens this week will determine Jordy's status, IMO.

The sick part about our WR corps is that all of our WR's after DD retires in 2 or 3 years will be in their early 30's/ late 20's (except for Cobb and UDFA's), so they will be in the prime of their careers with Rodgers in the prime of his career, so we are going to have a very nice long run at some Superbowls.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I like Crosby but he just brings my heart rate to a level that is just too high.
And that's because he's had too many misses, especially the game-winning/losing kicks at the end of games.

If he just makes the clutch ones, all else will be forgiven.... he can change it around.

In other news, I'm thrilled to see Sidney Rice leave for Seattle.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
In other news, I'm thrilled to see Sidney Rice leave for Seattle.
Who isnt... now all we need is the Vikings to trade us Peterson for Justin Harrell lol.. that would be the day that I drop dead.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

hopefully Crosboy gets better with age. Seems that happens to a lot of kickers
Old 07-28-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Vikings making a serious run at James Jones. In other news, the sky is blue

Vikes can't get enough of the former packers players
Old 07-28-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The Justin Harrell era is officially over. Easily TT's biggest flop of a pick

Along with Harrell, Poppinga is being released as well. So thats Barnett, Harrell and Poppinga who are gone for sure right now

So to recap so far:

Additions:
*Mason Crosby - re-signed to 5yr/14.75 mill with 3 mill guaranteed

Cuts:
* Brandon Chillar
* Justin Harrell
* Brady Poppinga

UFA:
*Cullen Jenkins - Saints, Cowboys and Denver the likely suitors right now
*James Jones - Talks of him being close to heading to Minny. GB "monitoring" his situation
*John Kuhn - Agent has had talks with GB. Expects to be back
*Atari Bigby - haven't heard a thing...he's obviously not back though
*Korey Hall - reports are that he may be close to signing with Saints

Players Lost:
*Daryn Colledge - signs 5yr/28 mill with Arizona. $8 mill guaranteed, $14 mill in first 2 years
*Brandon Jackson - signs 2yr/4.5 mill with Cleveland
*Jason Spitz - Signs with Jacksonville

Also confirmed list of the 15 UDFA that the Pack have signed

Quote:
* Tori Gurley, WR, South Carolina
* Anthony Bratton, S, Delaware
* Shaky Smithson, WR/KR, Utah
* Brandon Saine, RB, Ohio St
* Kerry Taylor, WR, Arizona St
* Jamari Lattimore, OLB, Middle Tennessee
* Sampson Genus, C, South Florida
* Ray Dominguez, G, Arkansas
* Brandian Ross, CB, Youngstown St.
* Eli Joseph, LB, Temple
* M.D. Jennings, CB, Arkansas St
* Jon Hoese, FB, Minnesota
* Diondre Borel, WR, Utah St
* Theo Sherman, T, James Madison
* Vic So’oto, LB, BYU

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-29-2011 at 08:16 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D.J. Williams agent is reporting that he's negotiating his clients deal right now and expects it to be done by the end of the day. At least one draft pick should be in for camp tomorrow.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
D.J. Williams agent is reporting that he's negotiating his clients deal right now and expects it to be done by the end of the day. At least one draft pick should be in for camp tomorrow.
It shouldnt be hard to get all of them signed with the new system... If they arent all signed by tonight then I guess by tomorrow they would be.

Why are we talking to B Jackson... there is no reason for him.. Grant, Starks, Green. I do want Kuhn back and then he could also play a little RB if needed.

I saw that by the end of the day the Packers are expected to make 2 more cuts... any ideas? I would say Mark Tauscher is one. Korey Hall maybe I have no idea.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 07-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
It shouldnt be hard to get all of them signed with the new system... If they arent all signed by tonight then I guess by tomorrow they would be.

Why are we talking to B Jackson... there is no reason for him.. Grant, Starks, Green. I do want Kuhn back and then he could also play a little RB if needed.

I saw that by the end of the day the Packers are expected to make 2 more cuts... any ideas? I would say Mark Tauscher is one. Korey Hall maybe I have no idea.
I like BJax, but don't see room for him.... unless..... they are prepared to deal Ryan Grant away and rely on Starks as the main man, with Alex Green as the #2 guy and keep BJax as 3rd down blocking extraordinaire.

?

What are y'alls thoughts about teams like the Patriots, Eagles, Jets (if they somehow land Nnamdi) adding solid talent... lotta teams adding good pieces, while we can't afford to add anyone, but are losing pieces here and there?
I know, we get some guys off IR though, and have a couple of key rookies who might help out right away.

I know we can't be players in free agency, but I want to keep Cullen and Jones.
I don't like the Patriots and think their addition of Albert was a coup for them.

I know of at least 2 teams (Buffalo and KC) who want Barnett. Why the hell couldn't we get anything for him? Damn. Hate to give players away for free.

If the system is the same, we're gonna get some great comp picks in next year's draft.

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 07-28-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

No comp for Barnett or any of the other players that are cut. Only the FAs that we lose. But if we lose Jones and Jenkins plus we already lost Colledge it could be a pretty good pick.

I dont mind that we arent throwing money at the players some of these teams are. Sure a few work out but alot of times it seems to backfire on teams. I think TT has proven that his method keep building up during the draft and keeping your main guys works. Look at how many of our players are on other teams its pretty amazing. We could use help in certain spots but im not so sure we need to go out and throw money at these guys. FA is never very exciting for us but with how this team is built I can live with that.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
No comp for Barnett or any of the other players that are cut. Only the FAs that we lose. But if we lose Jones and Jenkins plus we already lost Colledge it could be a pretty good pick.
As long as it's the same in this new Collective Bargaining Agreement, we should make out well losing Jenkins, Jones, and Colledge.

Teddy will make out like a bandit on Draft Day 2012.

Patriots just added Chad Ochocinco, hours after bringing in ALbert Haynesworth.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I dont mind that we arent throwing money at the players some of these teams are. Sure a few work out but alot of times it seems to backfire on teams. I think TT has proven that his method keep building up during the draft and keeping your main guys works. Look at how many of our players are on other teams its pretty amazing. We could use help in certain spots but im not so sure we need to go out and throw money at these guys. FA is never very exciting for us but with how this team is built I can live with that.
Completely agree. Teams are spending, trying to catch up while we sit back and continue to develop homegrown talent.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As long as it's the same in this new Collective Bargaining Agreement, we should make out well losing Jenkins, Jones, and Colledge.

Teddy will make out like a bandit on Draft Day 2012.

Patriots just added Chad Ochocinco, hours after bringing in ALbert Haynesworth.
Also Brandon Jackson, Jason Spitz, and Atari Bigby.