Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throwing out a little guess one what our offense could look like when the final roster cuts have been made.

RB:
Grant
Starks
Green

FB:
Kuhn
(Johnson could be done in GB, he can't do much besides block and MM covets versatility)

TE:
Finley
Quarless
Crabtree
Williams
Taylor
( Williams/Taylor could be used in the backfield if either show the ability to block well, also both give us way more versatility than Johnson)

WR:
Jennings
Driver
Nelson
Jones
Cobb
Shaky/Gurley
( I have a feeling one of the UDFA WR will make the team, I think Shaky will have the upper hand because of his ST abilities)

Last year we kept 3 rbs, 3 fbs, 4 tes, and 5 wrs... This year we keep 3 rbs, 1 fb, 5 tes, and 6 wrs.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Quarless doesn't make the team.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Same here. I'd aslo say Crabtree and Havner on bubble guys as well.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I was thinkings that I was posting my list... I read he hasn't passed his physical yet??? I don't remember him having any serious injuries?
Old 07-31-2011, 05:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I was thinkings that I was posting my list... I read he hasn't passed his physical yet??? I don't remember him having any serious injuries?
Quarless has a hip flexor. Must have happened while working out on his own in the offseason.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Quarless wants to make the team he'll need to have a way better grasp of the playbook this year. He lined up wrong a lot last year. We also have so many receiving options already that if the decision comes down to Crabtree or Quarless, I think Crabtree's value as a blocker will get him a spot.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
If Quarless wants to make the team he'll need to have a way better grasp of the playbook this year. He lined up wrong a lot last year. We also have so many receiving options already that if the decision comes down to Crabtree or Quarless, I think Crabtree's value as a blocker will get him a spot.
Very good point. I do remember him lining up incorrectly a few times. It took time for Finley to come into his own, so maybe it will be the same for Quarless. He does seem to have the tools to become a good TE.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love our Offense right now, pretty stoked we didnt let Jones get away. I know he had his laspes but he did make alot of big plays... It should be even better then last year which at times was pretty hard to beat. Sucks that Jenkins got away but Im not worried just yet. He will be hard to replace but its time for one of the young guys to step up. Each year it seems like someone new does. Anyways that money can go towards some of the guys we have coming up.. Sitton, Finely and I know that there are more.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

I wonder if we will have a highly motivated James Jones... If he earns himself a increased role in the offense this year he will be out to prove to teams he was worth the money that they didn't dish out to him. At least thats the way I would feel if I were him.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Anyways that money can go towards some of the guys we have coming up.. Sitton, Finely and I know that there are more.
The imediate one is Sitton. Finley needs to stay healthy for us first or he could just end up being a more talented David Martin. Nelson is starting to come into his own but alot will depend on how this season plays out.

After those 3 we have a little break until the next group needs to be retained. T.J. Lang is probably the next closest guy but again, alot will depend on this season for him.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody see the nice bed Clay Matthews ended up with? It was all full of stains and everything. The sign that was laying on the bed said "This bed is reserved for Clay Matthews" Underneath the sign there were a couple blood spots. On his twitter he posted pictures and just said "Ive slept in worse." Damn Packers cant we get this man a nice bed to keep his hair looking good?

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:45 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
couple of thoughts...

1. glad all the rookies are in camp

2. Cullen Jenkins was never going, or the chances were low, to re-sign and the drafting of Mike Neal was the start of that...giving money to an aging player, who also has an injury plagued past, is one of the worst decisions a team can make...yeah they may still be useful in the first season or two but odds are that in the last two or three years you're going to be paying an average player the salary a proven, very effective player...Ted trusts the scouting department and drafting to prevent situations like that

3. Guys, don't kid yourselves, going into the 2011 season the Philadelphia Eagles are one heck of a football team talent-wise. Projecting long term might be a different story but without a doubt they are the biggest threat to our title as NFC Champions. They've added Nnamdi Asomugha, DRC, Cullen Jenkins, Jason Babin, Jaiquawn Jarrett (pass rushers and cover men/ballhawks) to their defense since we defeated them back in January. We know their offense has the potential to put up serious points.

4. The depth in our front seven SUCKS!
I would hope the concern about a lack of urgency coming off of a SuperBowl victory has been swept away by the moves the Eagles have made. They are going all-in to make it this year. Some are starting put the Eagles in as the NFC favorites and that can only serve as motivation for the defending champs.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I would hope the concern about a lack of urgency coming off of a SuperBowl victory has been swept away by the moves the Eagles have made. They are going all-in to make it this year. Some are starting put the Eagles in as the NFC favorites and that can only serve as motivation for the defending champs.
Oh no I'm shaking in my boots.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I'm pretty happy with our offseason. Jones and Kuhn are the 2 guys I wanted back and luckily we were able to retain them.

Colledge and Jackson would have been OK to keep but we can do better and the contracts they got were more than I would've wanted to spend.

In the end we're going to be in good shape next year come draft time. Hopefully we can get 2 picks for the guys we "lost" in free agency.

On the flip side we need to shore up our LB depth and find our starter at LG as soon as possible. I also think we're absolutely loaded at TE which is going to make things difficult to sort out. They should just move Havner back to LB already because I'd love to keep our 2 rookies.
Havner expects to be moved shorty, at least for the short term.

D.J. William is tearing it up right now!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
People are treating the Eagles like they were last years SB champs... If I were the Packers I would feel disrespected and would want to go out and prove something!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Havner expects to be moved shorty, at least for the short term.

D.J. William is tearing it up right now!
I heard Williams is making some pretty impressive catches already... I'm excited to see this kid Saturday when I take my 3 yr old son to Family NighT!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah heard DJ Williams is tearing it up. We could have two elite TE's in a few years :)
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yeah its good to have football back!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
People are treating the Eagles like they were last years SB champs... If I were the Packers I would feel disrespected and would want to go out and prove something!
The Eagles won the off-season.
But much more often than not, those types of teams don't get it done in December & January.
I like the pressure they're going to feel now.... they'll feel more heat than we will I believe.

Regardless, I'd rather get them in Lambeau than the Linc, if we meet them in January. I will root for the Giants, Dallas, and WaRshington over them this season, and will root for NE and NYJ against them.
I also will draft as many Eagles as I can in fantasy, which will jinx their a$ses haha.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Yeah heard DJ Williams is tearing it up. We could have two elite TE's in a few years :)
Yep. Loved that pick. Dude has great hands. Lookin forward to some of those 2 TE sets
Old 08-01-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Insider LB crew besides Hawk and Bishop: Cardia Jackson, Elijah Joseph, D.J. Smith, Robert Francois.

Fielding punts: Randall Cobb, Shaky Smithson, Diondre Borel, Kerry Taylor among newbies.

Veterans fielding punts from jugs machine: Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Nick Collins, Jordy Nelson.

Rookie tight end DJ Williams has made a couple nice catches tonight.
Yet another nice catch by DJ Williams.
DJ Williams can catch. That has been established. I count 4 nice receptions tonight.

James Jones in the house. Getting hugs and chests bumps on sideline.

Finley with a drop in individual tight end drills. Finley slips and falls on his next rep.

In LBs vs. O-linemen drill, Coach Kevin Greene more jacked up than his players.

Ted Thompson watching that drill with LBs and O-linemen intently.

Follow MikeVandermause on Twitter for more.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, they need to find some quality depth at ILB. That list just doesn't look promising
Old 08-01-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, so I know the Eagles got the cream of the crop in FA. But how in the world do they expect to cover a 5-Wide set of either Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley or Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Cobb or a 3 wide and 2 TE set using Finley and Williams.

Honestly, DC's had better bring their A-Game, otherwise A-Rod is going to carve up some defenses.

On another note: all of the big time reporters tweeted about Bulaga stoning CM3 in pass rush drills. I think Sherrod is going to have to step up his game if he wants to A) start and/or B) be the LT of the future. ( I guess Newhouse had a good practice at LT today as well)
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Won't be too hard on Sherrod or any of the other rookies. They didn't get as much time to prepare like past rookies have. HE's also trying to play a position he's never played before. On the bright side, it really is encouraging to hear how Newhouse has seemed to improve big time this year. This team has 2 legit prospects at LT when Clifton is done.

Cobb tore it up in practice last night to apparently. Finley and Burnett are sched to go full participation by Wed, with Mike Neal shortly after that