Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Desmond Bishop unable to go to the White house because he left his ID on the plane

ouch
I read that, I feel bad for the guy.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles View Post
I read that, I feel bad for the guy.
Did Bish say anything about it on twitter?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:22 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup

Quote:
Desbishop55 Desmond bishop
Just found some extra motivation tweeples. I forgot my id on plane so won't get access to see @barackobama .. This time! But next year ;)
Quote:
Desbishop55 Desmond bishop
Tho dissapointed, i ll live vicariously thru my fellow Teammates.. Nap time.. As jack reacher wud say "sleep wen u can.."
at least he can look back on this down the road and laugh
Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the bright side Bishop will get to see the White House in 2012. REPEAT B!TCHES!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a Packer topic, but did anyone see that highlight of Ndamukong Suh trying to be a WWF wreslter against Andy Dalton... Someone needs to give this guy the memo that he plays for the NFL, not acts for the WWF.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a Packer topic, but did anyone see that highlight of Ndamukong Suh trying to be a WWF wreslter against Andy Dalton... Someone needs to give this guy the memo that he plays for the NFL, not acts for the WWF.
I don't know, I didn't really have a problem with it. He does need to learn to run through guys instead of trying to man-handle them though. Otherwise his checkbook will always be getting lighter.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
I don't know, I didn't really have a problem with it. He does need to learn to run through guys instead of trying to man-handle them though. Otherwise his checkbook will always be getting lighter.
I don't have a problem with it either, until it becomes our QB...
Old 08-13-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Still, from watching that flim Suh didn't see the ball out of the QBs hands. Its going to be a penalty and fine every time so like I said, he needs to learn how to run through guys. But it just goes to show you how good he is with using his hands.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I already am sick of Suh, and thank goodness our best young OL is Sitton, who will usually lineup against him.
I don't like Suh and think he's dirty. But I did like his hit on Cutler last year.

Still, I'd like to see an end-around with Cobb, and have Suh reversing his field and running towards the sideline to get him, and have Crabtree blindshot-whollap his big a$$ , kinda like this:
Old 08-15-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB Diyral Briggs released

not noteworthy just posting it
Old 08-15-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:

Nice..... he was in the Super Bowl, got his ring..... I saw some of his homies or family in the celebration in the stands and the lobby areas after the game...
Old 08-15-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I dont even think he has been healthly yet..... Its pretty hard to make a team when you cant play. I highly doubt he would have made the team anyways.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else scared at our depth at ILB? If either Bishoo or Hawk went down we would have Francois or Smith lol
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Looks like Mike Neal hurt his knee/lower leg in practice today ugh

Was down for a couple of minutes as trainers and team mates circled around him. He WAS able to walk back to the Hutson Center under his own power with a minimal limp. The worst part of it was that it was during Individual drills. NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER. He basically just hurt his knee doing a drill against a tackling dummy. That's not good

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-16-2011 at 01:02 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Harrell 2.0

God I hope not he has alot of potential and we dont exactly have tons of depth at DE. He got his feet tangled while hitting a blocking bag and fell akwardly ughhhhhh, I mean come on...

Lets just hope its nothing to serious and he can be back for Sept 8th.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Justin Harrell 2.0

God I hope not he has alot of potential and we dont exactly have tons of depth at DE. He got his feet tangled while hitting a blocking bag and fell akwardly ughhhhhh, I mean come on....
Exactly.
I don't think they should have let Cullen go (especially at the discount price he ended up being) until Neal proved he could at least last one season, or most of one season.

You all, we all, had plenty of doubts about it..... this guy can't even make it TO the first game now? Pretty worrisome.

He's so much more talented than Harrell was too, but it almost seems like he's been on some HGH or steroid and his body breaks down, fragile.

Hopefully our fears and doubts are proven wrong though.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Neal said he has no tears, but he's going for an MRI tomorrow. Can't really trust what a player says. They always say they are OK
Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Neal said he has no tears, but he's going for an MRI tomorrow. Can't really trust what a player says. They always say they are OK
Exactly.
I'm not relieved until I hear the MRI revealed nothing, and that he's day-to-day, should be back for the game at the Colts on the 26th, or the Sept 1st final pre-season game vs KC.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:36 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT is gonna look like the biggest d!ck if Mike Neal gets injured and misses time. Looks like our no1 need for the 2012 draft will be DE. Ryan Pickett isnt getting any younger either. Who would be starting if Neal is hurt? CJ Wilson? Teams are gonna run all over us!!!
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Another random post by me... Watching replays of preseason week 1 games, Oakland vs Arizona. This kid Denarious Moore looks like the real deal. I like when I see guys doing well whom I thought would be good players coming into the league.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Neal is day-to-day. No scan was needed. He just torqued his knee. Great news

However, House is still sidelined with his hammy injury, which sucks. Lawrence Guy and Anthony Levine are out with concussions. Levine has been really good in camp and was solid in the preseason game
Old 08-17-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

Quote:
Neal is day-to-day. No scan was needed. He just torqued his knee. Great news

However, House is still sidelined with his hammy injury, which sucks. Lawrence Guy and Anthony Levine are out with concussions. Levine has been really good in camp and was solid in the preseason game
Good news... however I really want to see House in game action. Before he did whatever to his hamstring it sounded like he was looking pretty natural in the defense. I'm pretty sure if he would have stayed healthy he would have pushed to be the 4th CB on the depth chart.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The bad hamstrings are getting old.
Not just here, but also around the league.
But I only care about our guys'.
And my keeper league fantasy team.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers may be shorthanded vs Arizona
5 hours, 29 minutes ago

tweet8EmailPrintGREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—A challenging week of practice in warm conditions and injuries to some key players have left the Green Bay Packers possibly undermanned for Friday’s preseason game against Arizona.

The team held a light workout that lasted just 45 minutes Thursday as final preparations were made for the first game at Lambeau Field since the Packers won the Super Bowl last season.

All-Pro linebacker Clay Matthews(notes) (hamstring), defensive end Mike Neal(notes) (knee) and running back James Starks(notes) (ankle) didn’t participate. Their status for the game won’t be determined until Friday.

AdChoices

“This was the challenge week for our football team,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “I think it was evident - three full practices, 2 1/2 hours long (each of the previous three days), coming off a night schedule in the heat of the day.”

Matthews, who led the Packers with 17 sacks last season, has endured hamstring problems in training camp since he was a rookie in 2009. He didn’t play in a preseason game last year, and the team limited him to only four plays in the preseason opener at Cleveland on Saturday.

“I’d say this year is better than the last two years,” McCarthy said. “(But) we’re always going to play the high side of caution because of his history.”

The potential absence of Matthews on Friday could give more playing time to the three players battling for the starting spot opposite Matthews at outside linebacker: Frank Zombo(notes), Erik Walden(notes) and Brad Jones. Zombo started against the Browns, but Walden spent most of this week working with the first-string defense.

Defensive coordinator Dom Capers said Thursday a decision had yet to be made on who will be the starter Friday.

“They’ve all played and played pretty good for us at times,” Capers said.

Capers had cause for concern during practice Tuesday, when he watched the left knee of Neal buckle in a non-contact drill.

Neal limped off the field under his own power, but he didn’t practice the rest of the week. He is the presumptive replacement in the starting lineup for Cullen Jenkins(notes), who left the team in free agency.

“You never want to lose a player,” Capers said. “But in a drill where he’s slapping the bag and going over the bag, I was concerned, obviously, like I think everybody was.”

A day after McCarthy said Neal didn’t need a medical scan for the knee, the coach clarified Thursday that the second-year player had an MRI test done, which revealed a knee sprain. Neal’s status remained day to day.

Starks has been battling veteran Ryan Grant(notes) for a starting job behind an offensive line that is unsettled at the midway point of camp. McCarthy on Thursday chose T.J. Lang(notes) as the starter at left guard for the game ahead of rookie Derek Sherrod(notes), who made the start in the opener.

“I’m definitely excited about getting out there tomorrow,” Lang said. “It’s going to be a huge step for me. If I can go in there and play the way I’ve been playing, only good things will happen. But it’s still a competition going on.”

Meanwhile, veteran cornerback Charles Woodson(notes) and talented tight end Jermichael Finley(notes) are expected to get their first preseason action Friday.

Capers indicated the first-string defense, which also should have nickel back Sam Shields(notes) back after he missed the opener because of a hip injury, would go for about 15 to 20 plays.

Finley, who hasn’t played since he suffered a season-ending knee injury last October, anticipates having a cameo appearance of only one series as he gets back to working with quarterback Aaron Rodgers(notes).

“I’ve got all of the coaches saying don’t get too excited and go out there and get too jacked up,” Finley said. “But I’m going to be jacked up. That’s me; that’s my personality. I’ll be ready. I’ll be like a little kid in the candy store.”

I think im more interested in seeing how Howard Greene can do this year with a full year in the system then Neal at this point. Did well last year verse the run and can eat up blocks freeing up the linebackers to make some plays.
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well here we go. Clay is out today because he's got soreness and tightness in his hamstrings again. Jeez, that guy has got hammy issues

Neal's knee injury is worse than first reported(which usually ends up being the case) He has a knee sprain, which could keep him out for days or weeks. Who knows. Neither guy is playing today vs the Cards