Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron's brother, Jordan, is playing for Vandy right now

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:44 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should trade Finley for a first round pick!! We have the emergence of Williams who looks like a young Finley, we could do with another first after drafting near the end of the draft for years and hes just not right mentally. He thinks hes the worlds greatest tight end when hes only had about one season of production. We don't need him on our team.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:04 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We should trade Finley for a first round pick!! We have the emergence of Williams who looks like a young Finley, we could do with another first after drafting near the end of the draft for years and hes just not right mentally. He thinks hes the worlds greatest tight end when hes only had about one season of production. We don't need him on our team.
No. No, no, no, no no. NO.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are crazy for even thinking that its like beneficial to get rid of Finely or something. Id also say your crazy if you think hes not on this team next year. MM loves the guy and so does Rodgers. He is a guy that TT drafted and unless he demands a trade , holds out and says he isnt playing another down for us hes going nowhere. He is a focal point of this team and a huge mismatch. You dont just willing let guys like him go that are special and dont come around often. So he said hes a playmaker and you have to find ways to get playmakers the ball... big deal, hes basically right about what he said. Jones basically said the same thing week 1. These guys are all competitive and they just want to be involved. Plus hes still young and will mature more with age.

SuperPacker the emergence of Williams? What has he even done to prove absolutely anything in this league besides the stuff you heard he did in practice? I dont even think he has been on the field yet this year besides special teams. Plenty of guys of rode the hype train to turn around and do nothing in the NFL. He looks like a young Finely? I dont know Finely was old seeing how hes what only like 24 and Williams is 23.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 10-09-2011 at 10:06 AM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Williams is nothing like Finley, at all.

I hope GB can keep him, look at how much more explosive this offense is this year with just his presence in there
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers is on pace for over 5,500 yards passing, 45 TD's, and only 6 int

I grew up with Favre as the Packers QB(lucky me) and I always thought that once he hangs it up it would suck to deal with having a mediocre QB...turns out I get to watch a QB who is BETTER than Favre for hopefully the next 10 years

definitely cherishing this moment. My entire life I've seen my favorite team have elite level QB play. Hoping to see a couple more SB's now, to
Old 10-10-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@Aaron_Nagler
Aaron Nagler
"Significant" hamstring issue for Chad Clifton, per Mike McCarthy. Will take "a couple of weeks" to determine how "significant"
Not good news for you guys.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
While it once would seem to be absolutely devastating the Packers had options this year. Nobody really expected he would make it through all the games. An after last night it was encouraging watching 2 backups at both ends actually hold up pretty good.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Meh, we all knew he'd break down at some point. Newhouse looks good and Sherrod looks promising. It sucks but its the same situation that we had with Tausher last year.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
While it once would seem to be absolutely devastating the Packers had options this year. Nobody really expected he would make it through all the games. An after last night it was encouraging watching 2 backups at both ends actually hold up pretty good.
Yeah not sure if we could have overcome a long term injury to Clifton last season. I know we overcame a lot but that is the one position we really didn't have any depth. This year however it appears we'll be able to manage.

Newhouse looks good. Bulaga should be back for the Rams, but Sherrod cleaned up his game after a rough start vs Atlanta so I think we'd be OK if he had to go again.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Who do we want to win tonight?

It would be nice if we were the only undeafted team left. Then again at 2-3 the Bears would have fell another one back. Its a win-win basically but I think I want Chicago to win. Im not entirely sold on the Lions but I guess ill know more after tonight.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curse the Lions for becoming relevant and making me have to consider rooting for the Bears
Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Yeah not sure if we could have overcome a long term injury to Clifton last season. I know we overcame a lot but that is the one position we really didn't have any depth. This year however it appears we'll be able to manage.

Newhouse looks good. Bulaga should be back for the Rams, but Sherrod cleaned up his game after a rough start vs Atlanta so I think we'd be OK if he had to go again.
Yeah with Bulaga back things should be a little more manageable. I would guess that Clifton retires if this is an major injury.

Newhouse and Sherrod are still unknowns at this point, With Aaron at QB and his quick scans and releases they don't have to be perfect just give AR enough time to find someone.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Bulaga should be back this week or next week...and he could shift back to LT. McCarthy hinted that this could be a possibility

if not, Newhouse would be at LT(where he played at TCU and is more natural there)

I don't think the loss of Clifton will sting as much this year. Newhouse or Bulaga at LT(I prefer Newhouse here) and chip with a TE/RB on that side

sounds like Clifton COULD miss the season at this rate

Last edited by BloodBrother : 10-10-2011 at 04:26 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still rooting for the Lions.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley living up to his high praise of himself again. We proved we can win without him last season and we are proving it again. Hes been absent in all but one game this season. We could get a first rounder for him and we dont even need him to win games.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw the silly "Bears still suck" hatred out the window.
I hate the Vikings like Satan, but you focus on THE HERE AND NOW.

This year, the Lions are the threat to our division title. Not the Vikings, or the Bears. We already won at Chicago.

We want the Bears to knock the Lions down to 4-1. That's common sense. But I think the Lions will whip them, sadly.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Green Bay Packers left tackle Chad Clifton has a "significant" hamstring injury after leaving Sunday night's game against the Atlanta Falcons, coach Mike McCarthy said Monday.

McCarthy said it may be "a couple of weeks" before the Packers' medical staff even has a full picture of how serious the injury is.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Finley living up to his high praise of himself again. We proved we can win without him last season and we are proving it again. Hes been absent in all but one game this season. We could get a first rounder for him and we dont even need him to win games.
No offense but thats just incorrect. He had 1 bad drop and a questionable 2nd drop but came through on a big 3rd down conversion to help seal the game.

Secondly who's going to trade a 1st round pick for him? He hasn't proven he can stay healthy and any team would have to give him an extention.

Just like everyone else on our roster, its a matter of weekly matchups. We need all these guys and Rodgers using 12 receivers shows that.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

He's only been absent in the sense that he isn't putting up big numbers, but lets not fool ourselves here. His presence on the field has made this offense a lot more explosive compared to last year

he helps free things up for the WR's more
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
He's only been absent in the sense that he isn't putting up big numbers, but lets not fool ourselves here. His presence on the field has made this offense a lot more explosive compared to last year

Its funny because he's still on pace for 970 yards and 9 TDs.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Exactly he had a bad game. Its not like we see him drop passes week in and week out. I dont think he has dropped a single pass in the other games.

and 970 yards and 9 tds? yup he must add nothing.

He is a huge mismatch, why would you and why are we still having a discussion about getting rid of him? Either they double team him or Jennings. Somebody is getting open. He doesn't always need the yards and TDs to have an impact.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why are people wanting to trade one of the best players on our offense? Even in the games he doesn't kill it statistically, he's giving our WRs single coverage at most because the defense needs to put an extra guy on him or he'll abuse any LB.

Hell, we have Randall Cobb now. Let's trade away Jennings, too.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 10-10-2011 at 06:27 PM.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

+1, my friend.
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote