Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers worked out RB's Tyrell Sutton and Graig Cooper today.
Also, Walter Sanders (is he a combo of WALTER payton and barry SANDERS?), and Jalen Parmale.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135547538.html
Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks and Saine look like they'll be fine so a RB will probably be signed to the PS rather than the 53. Whoever Walter Sanders is i want him! He could be rubbish but with that name i'd still love him.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Grape Apes tried to steal away Torri Gurley off our practice squad, offering him a call up to their roster.
Gurley told them to take a hike. He chose to stay with us on our practice squad.

Great comments from Gurley.
Much respect to TG!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In somewhat related news, Chastin West caught his first TD pass tonight for the Jags.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
In somewhat related news, Chastin West caught his first TD pass tonight for the Jags.
I was just gonna post that too..... that team is horrible and so is Blaine Gabbert. But West got one last night in that rout loss to the Falcons.

Chastin looked great while he was here..... so deep at WR.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers sign some Full Back called Hoose (i think) to the PS and drop a guard. Not what i expected but at least theres a RB on the PS just incase.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

triple post wooo

Last edited by Hawk : 12-17-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was watching Big Stan on HBO, and I notice a black guy in the movie and I'm thinking "hey, that guy looks like Ahman Green." I had to look it up, but sure enough Ahman Green is in the movie Big Stan.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

**** my life.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Well that was s-h-i-t.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha that game was horrible. Oh well

guess they were due for a stinker. At least now they CAN rest some guys up. They are getting pretty banged up right now. Niners loss tomorrow means they seal the #1 seed, so it's all good

sucks that they won't have a shot at history but oh well, it's over and done with. Time to start another streak and accomplish the main goal of winning the SB
Old 12-18-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherrod suffered a broken leg and is out for the season

If Bulaga can't go next week, I hope they get Rodgers out soon. The OL is a mess right now. I despise Evan Dietrich-Smith. Dude comes in and on the first play he just gets demolished and completely whiffs on his man, allowing him to hit Rodgers real good

OL and DL got absolutely abused today. Don't even think they hit Orton at all.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

We'll get to see how these guys respond because they didn't just lose they looked like a whole different team. All of us knew that the defense was suspect but the offense going into a funk is a whole new issue and hopefully it doesn't linger.

I'm just pissed at how bad they played

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
We'll get to see how these guys respond because they didn't just lose they looked like a whole different team. All of us knew that the defense was suspect but the offense going into a funk is a whole new issue and hopefully it doesn't linger.

I'm just pissed at how bad they played
True true true.... but people don't understand sometimes how important one key cog is into a well-refined, high-performance machine like this Packers offense sportscar.
Greg Jennings is the key piece to Rodgers' arsenal. Like Nick Collins was the glue to the D-backfield.

Both of those guys are better, more important, than any of the 16 we IR'd last season.

Luckily, we'll get GJ back. We think.
But we won't get Collins back and that will continue to hurt.

Now, we had NO pass rush today. Orton threw for 300 yards, barely missed, and wasn't touched. Where was Clay Matthews? Why was Tamba Hali all over Rodgers all day long, but Orton was never touched?

Losing Bulaga and Sherrod hurt, and suck. I'm so sick of season-ending injuries. Poor Sherrod, and that play happened when Rodgers couldn't throw it because we didn't get open, so he flushed himself out of the pocket, which got Hali to go that way and roll into Derrick. Gdammit.

I want to like Eric Walden, but why can't we EVER get any pass rush if Matthews doesn't get it?
Where is an interior pass rush? Mike Neal? He's done as much as Justin Harrell ever did. He's not making our defense forget about Cullen Jenkins.

The Chiefs had guys wide open... RBs, TEs, WRs..... Finley can't ever get wide open anymore. What's up with him? He doesn't seem fast. He drops passes. He made one great catch, but he drops too many.

Lastly, what was the back judges problem back there, calling Jordyzzz for not one, but two BS pass interference calls? Those look pre-planned. Very suspicious.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Meh, I'm over it. Hard to be too pissed when this is their first loss in 364 days. They didn't play good, and the Chiefs did an excellent job of controlling the clock and dominating at the LOS. The OL will be better when they get these guys back. Sh*t happens

refocus, regroup and get sh*t going again
Old 12-18-2011, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Newhouse' caused Sherrod's broken leg with his crap play today. Guy was routinely beaten all game. He looks like he's getting worse as the season goes on. Really would be a nice bonus if Clifton can return. He MIGHT practice next week

come playoff time, the team should have these guys back

Bishop
PIckett
Clifton
Bulaga
Starks
Jennings

things will be fine. The main problem is the pass rush and it has been all year, so that won't change
Old 12-18-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanted to say good game today. To be honest, I wanted the Packers to run the table. I'm a huge Rodgers and Jordy fan and I really dislike the 72 Dolphins.

Oh well. You guys will just have to settle for another Lombardi. Good consolation prize. ;)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good game to the Chiefs. They came to play for Crennel. They were more physical than GB the entire game, especially at the LOS

tough season for you guys with the losses of key players to injury, but the talent is there(need a legit QB though, don't trust Orton)
Old 12-18-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
True true true.... but people don't understand sometimes how important one key cog is into a well-refined, high-performance machine like this Packers offense sportscar.
Greg Jennings is the key piece to Rodgers' arsenal. Like Nick Collins was the glue to the D-backfield.

Both of those guys are better, more important, than any of the 16 we IR'd last season.

Luckily, we'll get GJ back. We think.
But we won't get Collins back and that will continue to hurt.

Now, we had NO pass rush today. Orton threw for 300 yards, barely missed, and wasn't touched. Where was Clay Matthews? Why was Tamba Hali all over Rodgers all day long, but Orton was never touched?

Losing Bulaga and Sherrod hurt, and suck. I'm so sick of season-ending injuries. Poor Sherrod, and that play happened when Rodgers couldn't throw it because we didn't get open, so he flushed himself out of the pocket, which got Hali to go that way and roll into Derrick. Gdammit.

I want to like Eric Walden, but why can't we EVER get any pass rush if Matthews doesn't get it?
Where is an interior pass rush? Mike Neal? He's done as much as Justin Harrell ever did. He's not making our defense forget about Cullen Jenkins.

The Chiefs had guys wide open... RBs, TEs, WRs..... Finley can't ever get wide open anymore. What's up with him? He doesn't seem fast. He drops passes. He made one great catch, but he drops too many.

Lastly, what was the back judges problem back there, calling Jordyzzz for not one, but two BS pass interference calls? Those look pre-planned. Very suspicious.
Yeah my first thought after the game was the offense but when you don't touch orton all day and don't force a turnover you're going to have to play perfect football.

Walden, Zombo, Lattimore, Jones are good pieces but can they be THE guy opposite Clay and so far they've done ok but are any of those guys long term guys? I'm not sure.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

No they can't IMO. They need somebody more legit. Those guys are solid depth/back-ups but none of them are starter caliber
Old 12-18-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 drops in the first half. 4 for Finley alone. The "drops happen" schtick is getting old. Time for Finley to step up or shut up.

AJ Hawk returns and again they are torched by TEs. Coincidence? I mean that wasn't Gronk, Hernandez, Gonzales, or even Gates, running wide open downfield. It was Leonard ******* Pope.

No, it isn't the end of the world. Still in good shape for the playoffs assuming Bulaga and Clifton can get back. Newhouse has plateaued and possibly regressed.

Really frustrating to watch the team lay an egg like that.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Good point.
I think Francois is better than Hawk, for sure at coverage.
I've liked Hawk and defended him a lot, but they all sucked today.

They made Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana today, minus the clutchness late.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

What's Orton's career record against us now?

edit: looked it up, its 4-2 now I believe

Last edited by Hawk : 12-18-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Good point.
I think Francois is better than Hawk, for sure at coverage.
I've liked Hawk and defended him a lot, but they all sucked today.

They made Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana today, minus the clutchness late.
I haven't been in the "bench Hawk" camp until recently. I thought he brought intangibles to the field and took too much flak for being a top 5 pick, but after seeing the backups step in and the defense actually play better I guess you can say I've turned the corner.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

You can't find quality tackles anywhere, so I wonder what type of shape Mark Tauscher is in right now.
We might become so desperate, it comes to that.

I mean where else are you gonna find a tackle who might be able to play out there?