Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2012, 05:55 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoekd0250 View Post
I think it may end up being Bennent for the packers OC. Look what he has done as a position coach for each group. I mean he took no namers at the HB position and has groomed Grant and several others into effective runners with limited fumbling problems. He also greatly fixed our fumbling issues with the recievers (James Jones). I think he is a very underrated coach who is coming into his own and would even say given a few years could be a hot hc for some team. Every group he has worked with has had success.
Edgar is on the path for OC.
But the fumbling issues are not going to help him.
Everyone fumbled against the Giants to end our season.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Bennett is ready for that role just yet. He was the RB coach for years and just this past year he was made the WR coach. I think he'll need a few more years of seasoning. Clements already has experience as an OC. I think he's the logical choice right now...with Bennett continuing to be groomed for that role eventually
Old 01-27-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree on Clements. He has OC experience. Rodgers has a good relationship with him. Sure he wouldn't have the time to devote strictly to QB coaching anymore, but at this point Rodgers should be beyond needing a dedicated QB coach.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Edgar is on the path for OC.
That's Clements job.

Quote:
But the fumbling issues are not going to help him.
Everyone fumbled against the Giants to end our season.
Those fumbling issues were a fluke, not reoccurring.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
That's Clements job.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Those fumbling issues were a fluke, not reoccurring.
True, but they kept *****ing re-occurring in that ****ing game.
So did the dropped passes.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sh*t happens. Team had 12 turnovers all year on offense and ended up having 4 I think in that game. So lame
Old 01-29-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We cant blame Bennet for dropped catches. These are professional receivers who mske their living from catching the ball, they shoulnt have to be taught how to catch a ball properly.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

And really, the entire year the team was very good at holding onto the ball. That 1 game was an anomaly...sucks it happened in the most important game of the year
Old 01-30-2012, 06:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
We cant blame Bennet for all the dropped catches (and 4 fumbles that game). These are professional receivers who mske their living from catching the ball, they shoulnt have to be taught how to catch a ball properly.
Agreed. Can't blame Edgar.
Can blame a lot of other things....
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Agreed. Can't blame Edgar.
Can blame a lot of other things....
Like what? None of its Bennets fault...

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-30-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

packers lost because of the trauma they went through with philbin.they just did'nt put an effort into the game.i wish they would have won,i hate the giants,but the whole team's heart was'nt into it,and it showed!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1crazyredskinsfan View Post
packers lost because of the trauma they went through with philbin.they just did'nt put an effort into the game.i wish they would have won,i hate the giants,but the whole team's heart was'nt into it,and it showed!
i dont think we can blame it on that. there were a lot of reasons we lost, the main reason being the giants played well.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-30-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
1crazyredskinsfan
Rookie

1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.1crazyredskinsfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
i dont think we can blame it on that. there were a lot of reasons we lost, the main reason being the giants played well.
i don't think that is all to blame for it,but it sure as hell did'nt help much!
the giants are'nt really that good.my beloved skins beat them like dogs two times this season!green bay was due to have an awful game,that just popped up in their 1st playoff game this season.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The Giants didn't play especially well.
Rodgers missed a wide-open Jennings for a TD on drive #1. They didn't cover well there.

Jennings dropped a touchdown in his hands later in the game.

Finley and Rodgers missed on a wide-open, easy 3rd & long conversion on a big drive.

The Giants did nothing special on those 3 big plays. It was our "unforced errors" as we call them in tennis.

Then there are the missed tackles, the lazy passive defense leading up to the hail mary before halftime, and they RARE bunches of fumbles we put on the ground.

Defenders go after the ball, hit the ball, on every carry in the league. For those balls to all of a sudden pop out all the time on US, not on them, on that particular day is pretty amazing, and against-the-odds.

I believe the death of that drunk kid did have some affect on the psyche of this team, and the layoff for the team, extra layoff for Rodgers & Jennings, cold weather... it all added up to a sickly performance that was unlike the Packers.
The way we played, I believe we would have lost to a lot of teams that day.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders supposedly interested in Packers DB coach Joe Whitt as DC.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

A least we're keeping Winston Moss! If we finish the offseason with only Philbin and Whitt as the departures i will be very pleased. I feared a mass evactuation.

RIP themaninblack
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'd rather keep Whitt over Moss. Whitt has been huge in helping Tramon and Shields. I hope the Packers decline the Raiders request to speak with Whitt

Also, no surprise, Tom Clements was promoted to OC. Packers need to fill their QB coach role and I think a good candidate could possibly be Rich Gannon. He already visits Packers camp every year to speak to the guys...of course, I have no idea if he even wants to get into coaching
Old 02-03-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'd rather keep Whitt over Moss. Whitt has been huge in helping Tramon and Shields. I hope the Packers decline the Raiders request to speak with Whitt

Also, no surprise, Tom Clements was promoted to OC. Packers need to fill their QB coach role and I think a good candidate could possibly be Rich Gannon. He already visits Packers camp every year to speak to the guys...of course, I have no idea if he even wants to get into coaching
I think Gannon prefers the announcing gig, but we'll see.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Dorsey Levens part of lawsuit against NFL.
These concussions are becoming a bigger and bigger deal.

I had 3 of them in my football & baseball (yes, got one in baseball) playing days.
So if I forget some things sometimes, I really wonder...... it wasn't the drugs for sure haha....
Old 02-06-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

whats the deal with gannon always coming in? is it just because of his time spent with mccarthy in kansas city? kevin greene worked out pretty well i'd say. wouldnt object to having him be qb coach if mccarthy/thompson or whoever makes the call thinks its a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Of course, we are RARELY players in this aspect of assembling NFL talent.

TT utilizes undrafted free agents (So'oto, Lattimore, Josh Bell, Zombo, Tim Knicky) and street free agents (Walden), but conventional free agency (Woodson, Pickett) is obviously not the way he builds a roster.

However, he has signed some mid-tier and lower-tier FA's before. Here are some guys I think COULD POSSIBLY help us, who won't be the big headliner, bank-breakers:

20. Brodrick Bunkley, DT/DE 6-2 3/4, 306, 28 yrs old

11.3% of all plays Bunkley was in run defense ended up with him making a defensive stop; the most of all DTs in the league. Outside of an injury-plagued 2010, Bunkley has always brought disruption when teams have run at him and there’s no reason to see that changing.
He was the 14th pick in the first round in 2006, by the Eagles.

29. Tyvon Branch, S, 6-0, 205, age 25

Branch is better than his 2011 would suggest, with the Raiders being forced to use him a slot cornerback, and opting to send him on blitzes far too often. At his best, Branch is the kind of in-the-box safety who you can leave in man coverage–a very useful thing to have.

30. Jarret Johnson, OLB, 6-3, 260, age 30 (uh-oh)

There isn’t a linebacker in the league who sets the edge like Johnson, who is a bigger part than many credit for how good the Ravens’ defense is. More of a two-down linebacker at this stage (he’s never been the most productive pass rusher in sub packages) Johnson has earned a +60.3 run defense grade over the past three years.

45. Manny Lawson, OLB, 6-5, 240, 27 yrs old

Lawson played well in Cincinnati, but he now finds himself in an interesting position. An effective pass rusher, two teams have used Lawson as primarily a base-downs player. Given the lack of interest in him last year, has much happened in 2011 to change that?
He really should have been added by Ted Thompson last off-season as he was a bargain.
He was the 22nd overall pick in that 2006 draft.

Here are some fan comments from last year at this time, about Lawson. Most 49er fans seemed to like him a lot and did not want to lose him.
Quote:
Manny Lawson is a guy that I would absolutely hate to lose, because he does so much for our defense that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He'll never be the sack leader of the NFL or anything, but he does everything so well, and there is something to be said about a LB that has NO holes in his game. Great in coverage, excellent against the run, one of the best in setting the edge, and a pretty decent passrusher in his own right. Not only that, but he's an athletic freak and one of the best at blocking FGs. He's a great character guy as well.
Quote:
He won't get lots of sacks. He doesn't make tons of tackles. But often, he's the guy that makes things happen for others. He covers well. He plays the run well. He sets the edge well. Plus he's a great character.
He's not elite by any mean (except his athleticism... people tend to forget, but he may actually be faster than Pat Willis, therefore faster than most of our DBs). But he's a guy I wouldn't want to have to replace on our team.
Quote:
Not to mention he's an outstanding person with a great personality. You CANNOT allow someone who is athletically gifted and has a great head on his shoulders leave a team who needs high character guys to help JH build his empire.
Who ever is a 49ers fan and doesn't like Manny Lawson needs to go watch film of him and pay attention to the little things he does that throws off the opposing offense's game plan.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...0-free-agents/
Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's appearing more likely that Scott Wells will not be back with the team and will hit the free agent market this off-season...the team is reportedly low-balling Wells

I think losing Wells would be a catastrophic loss, certainly the guy on the offensive line that we can least afford to lose...Peter Konz would have to shoot way up the list of guys we'd be targeting in the first round

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
It's appearing more likely that Scott Wells will not be back with the team and will hit the free agent market this off-season...the team is reportedly low-balling Wells

I think losing Wells would be a catastrophic loss, certainly the guy on the offensive line that we can least afford to lose...Peter Konz would have to shoot way up the list of guys we'd be targeting in the first round
I saw that too. I'm assuming you saw the same article I did. Did you find it strange that nowhere in that article did he quote Wells or any Packer front office people? Though he makes some good points it seems like a highly speculative article.

Assuming the writer has done his homework, this is a case where Thompson's stubbornness about re-signing players over 30 might get the best of him. If he doesn't sign Wells he'll have to sign someone. I just don't see a FA center as being an upgrade or any cheaper than Wells. If not a FA it is either a rookie or EDS. If EDS is the starting C come opening day, we are in trouble and rookies are a crapshoot no matter how highly rated.

This is not a Jenkins situation where there are guys on the roster that are expected to step up. There is not a guy on the roster that I would be comfortable stepping into Wells' shoes.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I saw that too. I'm assuming you saw the same article I did. Did you find it strange that nowhere in that article did he quote Wells or any Packer front office people? Though he makes some good points it seems like a highly speculative article.

Assuming the writer has done his homework, this is a case where Thompson's stubbornness about re-signing players over 30 might get the best of him. If he doesn't sign Wells he'll have to sign someone. I just don't see a FA center as being an upgrade or any cheaper than Wells. If not a FA it is either a rookie or EDS. If EDS is the starting C come opening day, we are in trouble and rookies are a crapshoot no matter how highly rated.

This is not a Jenkins situation where there are guys on the roster that are expected to step up. There is not a guy on the roster that I would be comfortable stepping into Wells' shoes.
Yup, I saw the same article and even if it is mostly speculative, I think it makes plenty of sense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

We cant lose Scott Wells! Who would be playing Center? Evan Deitrich-Smith?

Then we would have to go out and get one in the draft which means not using them on defense. That would be a waste IMO.

RIP themaninblack