Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sherrod murdered his knee if I remember correctly. It's gonna take him awhile to get back into football shape, let alone learning a new position well enough to play for one of the NFL's top offenses.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Sherrod murdered his knee if I remember correctly. It's gonna take him awhile to get back into football shape, let alone learning a new position well enough to play for one of the NFL's top offenses.
He broke his leg pretty badly. He's still expected to be ready for training camp though. I still think he's strictly a LT. I like Newhouse as well and he could be in for a much better season, ala Bulaga after his rookie season.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll reserve judgement on Sherrod for the 2013 season. He didnt get much playing time last year and he will be recovering this season so it would be unfair to firstly move him to a new position and secondly judge him too harshly.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really disappointed we lost Wells. I was holding out hope we'd work something out with him.

Not sure what the price tag is on Wimbley, but giving him a short contract would make sense. We can't realistically expect to find replacements at center, outside linebacker, and defensive end in the draft. Sign Wimbley as somewhat of a stopgap so we aren't handcuffed to drafting an OLB high. Then draft Konz and a D-lineman in the first two rounds and I'd be happy.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Collins to have his neck re-examined late next week. Fingers crossed.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Wishing him the best! I t would be great to get him back next year, we really missed him last season.

If he does have to retire it would make our need list even bigger. We would arguably need a starter at C, DE, OLB and S.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-19-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he could play again without having much higher risk of serious injury because of the neck.... well that would be the best news we could get this offseason.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jefferson Saturday is or was in green bay for a visit. Dude is pretty old, does he have anything left? Just as a short term stop gap if cheap.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Tebow to packers talk on PFT.. its only talk but what would you guys think. Obviously there would be no talk of starting. Some type of a gadget player maybe.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it will happen, but probably would be an excellent situation for Tebow. McCarthy's QB school is one of the best. If he couldn't improve his mechanics and decision making under the tutelage of McCarthy and Clements, he has no hope.

I'm personally opposed to it, especially if it would cost anything higher than a 4th round pick. Tebow is a backup QB and a project. Not worth an early round pick IMO.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Packers resigned jarret bush to 3 yr deal. Mehh was never much of a fan.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Tebow to packers talk on PFT.. its only talk but what would you guys think. Obviously there would be no talk of starting. Some type of a gadget player maybe.
I am a huge fan of Tebow and would love his addition to the team...I think he could be an asset for our goalline offense as well

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

No to Tebow! Why would we give up a decent draft pick for someone that will never be a starter and plays the exact oposite offense as what the Packers run?

That move would make zero sense IMO.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I am a huge fan of Tebow and would love his addition to the team...I think he could be an asset for our goalline offense as well
i like it as well.. even though it doesnt make a ton of sense. well really it makes no sense. but if i could get him for like a 6th rounder i guess i would. 4th.. no way. whos our back up now? graham? i think id rather have tebow. if we could develop him into anything and trade him it would be a nice return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
i like it as well.. even though it doesnt make a ton of sense. well really it makes no sense. but if i could get him for like a 6th rounder i guess i would. 4th.. no way. whos our back up now? graham? i think id rather have tebow. if we could develop him into anything and trade him it would be a nice return.
what makes you think we could develop him into something better? he's never been able to throw so i dont know why people imagine hes going to suddenly become a decent quarterback.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-20-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
what makes you think we could develop him into something better? he's never been able to throw so i dont know why people imagine hes going to suddenly become a decent quarterback.
Since Tim has entered the league he's had a new coordinator and coaches to work with in both seasons and didn't get an off-season in either one to develop with coaches (one year bc of signing as a rookie, the time that takes and then with the lockout this past season)...is there ability with Tebow? no doubt there is and simply having some stability with good coaching could do wonders for him...he'll never be a prototypical NFL QB but he has the tools to become a decent quarterback while being an incredible winner

Old 03-20-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
nothing i can point to and say "that right there is why he will be better" i just think he can be better, mostly just a gut feeling. denver was a terrible situation for him to go to. it has to be incredibly hard to be somewhere youre not wanted. here he could just hang out and go through clements/mccarthys qb school and learn from rodgers and we could see what happens. he might not be good at throwing a football but he sure does win a lot. not a bad quality to have in a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Not for the Packers style of offense.

Our whole offense is built around throwing the football first so it would be too much of a change if Rodgers got injured. We could easily get a quarterback that has the potential to be a back up QB in the 6th/7th round. Why would we give up a mid round pick for him?

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-20-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

Our whole offense is built around throwing the football first so it would be too much of a change if Rodgers got injured. We could easily get a quarterback that has the potential to be a back up QB in the 6th/7th round. Why would we give up a mid round pick for him?
If we trade for Tebow I can almost guarantee it will be for no more than a 6th round pick

Old 03-20-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If we trade for Tebow I can almost guarantee it will be for no more than a 6th round pick
well then we wont get Tebow, i cant see them trading him for a 6th round pick.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
well then we wont get Tebow, i cant see them trading him for a 6th round pick.
what leverage does denver have? the market isn't large for Tebow and teams know that they want him out of town asap so the attention can be focused on Manning

Old 03-20-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:

If Rodgers gets hurt we are done anyways.... McCarthy gushed about Tebow coming out. His character is top notch you couldnt ask for a better guy. You know he is going to work hard and try to improve. I think he could be really useful as a gadget and short yardage typish back. Which we were awful at last year.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 03-20-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

What would you guys think of us releasing James Jones and Donald Driver and giving up our first round pick for Mike Wallace?

IMO that is ******* amazing!

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What would you guys think of us releasing James Jones and Donald Driver and giving up our first round pick for Mike Wallace?

IMO that is ******* amazing!
Definitely not. The receiving corps is more than fine as it is. We can't afford to give up our first round pick when we have holes at outside linebacker, defensive line, center, and possibly safety. Receiver is just about the last thing we should be worrying about.

And I'll also give an absolute no to bringing in Tebow.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Definitely not. The receiving corps is more than fine as it is. We can't afford to give up our first round pick when we have holes at outside linebacker, defensive line, center, and possibly safety. Receiver is just about the last thing we should be worrying about.

And I'll also give an absolute no to bringing in Tebow.
But... but...

Rodgers + Jennings + Nelson + Wallace + Finley = Best offense to ever play in NFL

RIP themaninblack