Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Some will have to be cut, but then whats the point of bringing Hargrove in if you know you're gonna cut him.

Raji, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Guy, Jolly Jones, Muir, Hargrove and guys from the draft and UDFA's. We could have around 10 defensive lineman going into camp.
whats the word on Jolly is he gonna play this year?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
whats the word on Jolly is he gonna play this year?
I meant Johnny Jones, i think we signed him from the practice squad mid season. Im guessing Johnny Jolly is taking codeine somewhere.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I think what the Hargrove signing does is brings in a guy with pass rush skills that can maybe rub off on some of the other guys. Whether or not he will remain on the team, time will tell. Signing 2 DE's really makes me wonder if the packers are going to draft a DE high. Seems like too many DE's to me, especially considering Guy was redshirted last year.
Quote:
Some will have to be cut, but then whats the point of bringing Hargrove in if you know you're gonna cut him.

Raji, Pickett, Neal, Wilson, Guy, Jolly Jones, Muir, Hargrove and guys from the draft and UDFA's. We could have around 10 defensive lineman going into camp.
Could be just trying to generate some competition. Until it is officially announced we won't know what kind of deal Hargrove signed, but it was speculated that he could be had for close to the vet minimum.

At the very least it sends a message to Wilson and Wynn that they are going to have to bring it this offseason if they want to stick around. There is no way all of these guys will make the final roster.

I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe TT has someone specific he wants to target. Hargrove/Muir would be the equivalent of mid-round picks. Not guys you depend on to start but valuable reserves. Maybe he'll package some of those mid-round picks to move up a little to get the guy he wants.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Could be just trying to generate some competition. Until it is officially announced we won't know what kind of deal Hargrove signed, but it was speculated that he could be had for close to the vet minimum.

At the very least it sends a message to Wilson and Wynn that they are going to have to bring it this offseason if they want to stick around. There is no way all of these guys will make the final roster.

I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe TT has someone specific he wants to target. Hargrove/Muir would be the equivalent of mid-round picks. Not guys you depend on to start but valuable reserves. Maybe he'll package some of those mid-round picks to move up a little to get the guy he wants.
I was thinking this as well. Hopefully a trade up for a Nick Perry, Courtney Upshaw or Whitney Mercilus.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-26-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Right. There's nothing wrong with competition. Hargrove and Muir will at the very least push the other guys already on the roster in camp. This should have no affect on drafting (at least until the late rounds), seeing as how these are depth signings and the team needs to add a real impact defensive linemen regardless.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is more of a draft thing, but I am just a big Derek Wolfe fan. He seems to be the 3-4 DE with pass rush ability that is not a top 15 pick.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I know this is more of a draft thing, but I am just a big Derek Wolfe fan. He seems to be the 3-4 DE with pass rush ability that is not a top 15 pick.
I am a big fan of his as well...it's hard to project where he'll end up going (I think Scott said he's around a 4th round pick) but you look at his skill set and I think he'd be a wonderful choice at the bottom of round two if we could get him.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

We have 4 compensatory picks according to Shane, two 4ths and two 7ths. This just backs up the trade up scenario because we already have 9 picks going into the draft and now we have 13 (i think).

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I am a big fan of his as well...it's hard to project where he'll end up going (I think Scott said he's around a 4th round pick) but you look at his skill set and I think he'd be a wonderful choice at the bottom of round two if we could get him.
I would agree with that. I am a little perplexed by his low ratings on some sites (including this one). The guy is athletic, strong, decent arm length, and had a great senior season.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have 4 compensatory picks according to Shane, two 4ths and two 7ths. This just backs up the trade up scenario because we already have 9 picks going into the draft and now we have 13 (i think).
12 picks total. 7 originally, 4 compensatory, and a 7th from the Schlauderaff trade. Definitely gives the team flexibility to trade up, though keep in mind comp picks can't be traded.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
12 picks total. 7 originally, 4 compensatory, and a 7th from the Schlauderaff trade. Definitely gives the team flexibility to trade up, though keep in mind comp picks can't be traded.
Didnt we get one from the Quin Johnson trade? I saw that on a site somewhere.

yeah i know they cant be traded but hopefully they'll realise we have loads of picks and trade some of the ones we can trade.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Didnt we get one from the Quin Johnson trade? I saw that on a site somewhere.

yeah i know they cant be traded but hopefully they'll realise we have loads of picks and trade some of the ones we can trade.
I'm pretty sure the Quinn Johnson trade was conditional, and that he was cut without meeting the conditions.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...emetrius-bell/

Another Lineman in for a visit. Teddy is going nuts.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...emetrius-bell/

Another Lineman in for a visit. Teddy is going nuts.
I would like the addition of Bell...if he's healthy I think he's a better option for us at LT than Newhouse

Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I would like the addition of Bell...if he's healthy I think he's a better option for us at LT than Newhouse
Yeah true. Newhouse and Sherrod would make good back ups for next season as well.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

If healthy Bell would be a solid pick up hes only 28 soo hes still got alot of football left.

Bell Lang Saturday Sittion Bulaga would be a solid O line
Old 03-27-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is this BS with the JS blog? You have to subscribe now? **** that.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is this BS with the JS blog? You have to subscribe now? **** that.
Yes. 20 articles max per month without subscribing as well from JS. I generally hit my 20 by around the 10th to the 15th clicking links from TheRedZone.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If healthy Bell would be a solid pick up hes only 28 soo hes still got alot of football left.

Bell Lang Saturday Sittion Bulaga would be a solid O line
Bell would be solid if unspectacular. Let he and Newhouse fight it out in camp. If Newhouse comes out on top Bell would be a very solid backup.

I've been pouring over many mocks and the Pack is generally seen as going DE or OLB. TT is hard to speculate on though. The more I think on it the more I suspect he'll go corner.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Manny Lawson is expected to re-sign with the Bengals

Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Manny Lawson is expected to re-sign with the Bengals
O well not a huge loss. He probably wanted to much money.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Coach Mike McCarthy indicated that RB Alex Green is making a "very quick" recovery from ACL surgery. He also said that Sherrod has been making strides and could very well be ready for camp.

It's obviously more important that Green can contribute for us, especially early on in the season, and if we are able to get Sherrod involved this next season that'll be helpful in his development.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

So at RB u guys think Starks Green and Saine is good enough or do we need to draft a guy in the later rounds. I like the guys we have.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So at RB u guys think Starks Green and Saine is good enough or do we need to draft a guy in the later rounds. I like the guys we have.
Yeah i agree. With Starks/Green/Saine we have enough variety to mix things up during games.

RIP themaninblack
Old 03-28-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

I remeber last season during a game they said Saine had some of the best hands on the team.