Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I know this isn't the draft thread for us, but what big guys do you want to see in the first two rounds then?

I'd love to get Justin Pugh in the first (if we hold off on LT till later I'm looking at Nick Becton)

I think Jesse Williams could be a possibility in round two.
I've never been LESS urgent about any prospects or positions as this year.
I feel like our ILB's are so subpar, but I know they won't upgrade them because they apparently are happy with the work Hawk, Jones do... plus hopefully Bishop comes back the same as before, which seems a long shot.

Write off Worthy for 2013, so hopefully we can find a DL somewhere who can MAKE US BETTER.
I expect Perry to be a beast. I really do.

I like Jerron McMillian, but I feel safety is a place they could get us a stud with our 1st pick.

I don't like projects at OT either.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jermichael Finley said he is "slimming down" this offseason.

He's in a contract year so we'll certainly see his best effort.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jermichael Finley said he is "slimming down" this offseason.

He's in a contract year so we'll certainly see his best effort.
Right.
But what I WANT to see from him is more speed like in his first 2 seasons.
Without that speed, he's nothing special, other than in a great offense with a great QB and 3 great WR's.
His size is nothing special, and we know his hands are less-than-special.
He needs that speed back. If not, he's a dime-a-dozen, and that coming from me who used to love him, hence the damn name.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree. I know that a lot of people like to think that he's just a lazy jackass, but I think his biggest problem is that he lost a lot of speed and agility after that knee injury.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

DuJuan Harris
Cedric Benson
Alex Green
James Starks
Brandon Saine

Which of these RB's will log at least one carry for the Packers in 2013?

The book has to be closed on one or two, maybe three, of them.
And I believe the coaches and Rodgers really like Benson, and he'll be cheap with nobody else going after him.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
DuJuan Harris
Cedric Benson
Alex Green
James Starks
Brandon Saine

Which of these RB's will log at least one carry for the Packers in 2013?

The book has to be closed on one or two, maybe three, of them.
And I believe the coaches and Rodgers really like Benson, and he'll be cheap with nobody else going after him.
I wouldent mind Benson back and think him and harris would be a ok 1 2 punch. But i also wouldnt mind us drafting a rb you can get a good one in allmost ne round. Green still deserves a shot as hes comming off injury, hes a high pick too and still pritty young. I dont think saine isnt ne thing special and im not too big on starks either. So i wouldnt mind seeing Harris and Benson splitting most carries and green as third down back Soposidly he has good hands.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
I wouldent mind Benson back and think him and harris would be a ok 1 2 punch. But i also wouldnt mind us drafting a rb you can get a good one in allmost ne round. Green still deserves a shot as hes comming off injury, hes a high pick too and still pritty young. I dont think saine isnt ne thing special and im not too big on starks either. So i wouldnt mind seeing Harris and Benson splitting most carries and green as third down back Soposidly he has good hands.
What he said ^... kind of.
  1. Benson
  2. Harris
  3. Alex

*Rookie
Old 04-12-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the offense had a certain confidence about them when Benson was in the game, so I would like to see him back, but my favorite back is still Starks. Starks is the most violent runner the Packers have, but that is probably why he is always banged up.

My quandry is that this years draft class is very good for RB's in rounds 2-4, but we already have some young guys on the roster that it would be nice to see develop (Harris and Green in particular). However, Green did not look good last year. He certainly had some flashes, and he probably wasn't 100%.

So, to draft a RB or not, and if you do draft a RB what round?
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the right back is there, I think you take them at any point after the first round

Old 04-13-2013, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

What r ur guys thoughts if Lacy is still on the board when our pick come up? I love a big power back. Would love to see him in green and gold.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
What r ur guys thoughts if Lacy is still on the board when our pick come up? I love a big power back. Would love to see him in green and gold.
He's had issues this off-season with a hamstring issue that won't go away and that concerns me. He also battled injuries during his time at Alabama, and with his style, I don't see that as something he'll be able to remedy in the NFL.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was just over on PFT. Had no idea the Saints were considering trading Ivory. They have a second round tender on him but if he could be gotten in a trade for a third is that a better option than a rookie? I think so.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Was just over on PFT. Had no idea the Saints were considering trading Ivory. They have a second round tender on him but if he could be gotten in a trade for a third is that a better option than a rookie? I think so.
From a financial standpoint the answer would be no, and there are backs I like better in this draft than Ivory.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harris is the only one of our backs that I like and really only as a change of pace guy.

Starks is just a joke at this point, I think. Stick a fork in him.

Benson is even more of a joke.

Green didn't impress me out of a whacky college system and has yet to impress me. I think almost any back you can get this year in the 3rd or 4th is an improvement.

We need to draft one. There are at least 5 that I like as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Harris is the only one of our backs that I like and really only as a change of pace guy.

Starks is just a joke at this point, I think. Stick a fork in him.

Benson is even more of a joke.

Green didn't impress me out of a whacky college system and has yet to impress me. I think almost any back you can get this year in the 3rd or 4th is an improvement.

We need to draft one. There are at least 5 that I like as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
What's the joke about Benson?
We were starting to get in a bit of a groove with him the last couple of games with him, before the UNFORTUNATE rare injury our team suffered with his Lisfranc.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
What's the joke about Benson?
We were starting to get in a bit of a groove with him the last couple of games with him, before the UNFORTUNATE rare injury our team suffered with his Lisfranc.
I thought he was looking prittt good right before the injury.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Packers signed WR Sederrick Cunningham.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:51 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers and Clay Matthews agree to long term extension. Don't have the details on the $$$ but it's expected to be in the $13 million range

One down. One to go
Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

It's a five year deal, gonna be between 65 and 70 million

Old 04-17-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is great news. We knew the deal it would get done, but it's good to know for certain that Clay is going to be a Packer for at least a few more years to come.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a five year deal, gonna be between 65 and 70 million
Yep. 5yrs/$66 million. Gives him slightly more than Ware's $13 million but not much more.

Now they have Clay locked up through 2018.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not surprising but still kinda exciting!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Total value is 6yrs/$69.8 million. He's getting around $31 million guaranteed, which is less than the guaranteed money Ware got in his deal
Old 04-17-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Congrats Clay, and I am glad they got him a new deal BEFORE Rodgers.
Clay has been outplaying his contract since the moment he suited up the first time.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:06 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per PFT

Steelers RFA Steve McLendon visiting Green Bay. Played both NT and DE for them last season. Received the low tender and was originally a UDFA so no pick compensation required. Steelers apparently have almost nothing left under the cap so sounds like even a modest offer would be hard for them to match.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote