Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Smith really struggled during his time on the field last year. He was getting caught in traffic quite a bit and his lack of size (height wise) was being exposed.
Meh, he's only a inch shorter than Bowman. He's a better LB than Hawk in my personal opinion. But he needs to play next to a thumper because he's not a great athlete and doesn't play with good functional strength to beat blocks. He's more of a chase and tackle guy. He either needs a D-Line to keep him clean or a thumper next to him to do the heavy lifting. He's just not great fit with either Bishop or Hawk is my take.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Meh, he's only a inch shorter than Bowman. He's a better LB than Hawk in my personal opinion. But he needs to play next to a thumper because he's not a great athlete and doesn't play with good functional strength to beat blocks. He's more of a chase and tackle guy. He either needs a D-Line to keep him clean or a thumper next to him to do the heavy lifting. He's just not great fit with either Bishop or Hawk is my take.
He didn't play better last year. As much as I dislike Hawk, Smith was really terrible last year when he had a chance. He was pretty darn good the previous year in his limited opportunities, though, so I'm not sure why that changed.

Regardless, he is gone now. It'll be interesting to see who is starting week 1 and week 16 at ILB.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:39 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
He didn't play better last year. As much as I dislike Hawk, Smith was really terrible last year when he had a chance. He was pretty darn good the previous year in his limited opportunities, though, so I'm not sure why that changed.

Regardless, he is gone now. It'll be interesting to see who is starting week 1 and week 16 at ILB.

Week 1 - Bishop and Jones - Purely because of Coverage ability and that we will be in a Nickel front.

Week 16 - Hawk and Bishop - Jones will have some shoulder injury.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Week 1 - Bishop and Jones - Purely because of Coverage ability and that we will be in a Nickel front.

Week 16 - Hawk and Bishop - Jones will have some shoulder injury.
I wouldn't count out Terrell Manning towards the second half of this next year.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't count out Terrell Manning towards the second half of this next year.
That would be a great development for the Packers.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers' team doctors reportedly wouldn't sign off on Ravens DE Chris Canty's (knee) physical when he paid the team a free-agent visit in March.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There isn't much room for him, now. In an essence, we are better off without him(For the future of the d-line).
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Johnathan Franklin has been getting some looks as a kick and punt returner.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you've got to be ******* kidding me?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-broken-ankle/

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post

very disappointing

Old 05-21-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought he had a very decent chance of being our starting center week 1.

how does this even happen? ugh.

RIP themaninblack
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
i thought he had a very decent chance of being our starting center week 1.

how does this even happen? ugh.
He broke it recovering a fumble.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid fumble drill of Campen.

Woodson signs with Raiders, 1-year deal.
$1.8M base, $4.3 max.

Re-unites with Matt Flynn.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So wtf is up with Shields not signing his tender and not attending OTAs? For a guy who came in as an UDFA 2mil guaranteed isn't chump change. If this a case of "TheU-itis" I'll be pissed.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:07 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember the source, but I read a few weeks back that the team is working on a longer deal for Shields. That would make sense, and it's probably the case. If he were just being an asshat, it would make more sense for him to sign the tender and hit the UFA market next offseason.

Quote:

Ugh...that sucks. I really took a liking to that guy after we took him. Six months, eh? IR him and work on getting him ready for 2014?

Last edited by WCH : 05-21-2013 at 11:12 PM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

CB's Heyward and Shields were both in PFF' Top 100 Players last year based strictly on their evaluations of every single play.

Shields have been up & down.... I like him, but I'd like to lock him up at not such a monster number.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The injury bug bites San Fran hard....

According to reports, Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeez, already an injury for GB

a definite blow to the OL depth as you'd figure that Tretter will likely miss the whole season. Sherrod should be ready for the season but I don't expect much from him after missing so much time.

hopefully Datko steps up this training camp, if he does, OL depth should still be OK with Tretter likely being IR'ed
Old 05-22-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The injury bug bites San Fran hard....

According to reports, Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles.
Huge blow to them, no doubt
Old 05-22-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, injuries are going to happen. If Tretter is even one of our top 3 most serious losses this year to injury.. man, that would be a great change.

Still sucks but I wasn't buying into him as a starter this year. He has a big transition to make. And frankly, his injury doesn't affect that; he needs at least a year to manage the change.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Meh, injuries are going to happen. If Tretter is even one of our top 3 most serious losses this year to injury.. man, that would be a great change.

Still sucks but I wasn't buying into him as a starter this year. He has a big transition to make. And frankly, his injury doesn't affect that; he needs at least a year to manage the change.
Whatthefuck does MEH mean?
Was that just recently invented?

49ers losing Crabtree... that's pretty funny. I had some battles last year and this off-season with some NinerNation punks who didn't give us any credit for playing despite a ton of big injuries last year, whereas they were unbelievably healthy. Their fans said they train harder, better conditioning. Which is bullschit.. it's mostly luck.

Let's see how they do with our 2012 amount of key injuries, and how we do with their 2012 luck of injuries.
Give us all our key guys, all our #1 picks, health this year.
It makes a big difference if your marquee guys are there making plays, or if they're in street clothes or home watching on TV.

Next up for SF... their LB unit please....
Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Mike Neal took reps at OLB on Tuesday...interesting

Packers signed WR Alex Gillett

Old 05-23-2013, 12:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Neal took reps at OLB on Tuesday...interesting

Packers signed WR Alex Gillett
Saw that. Seems odd. An OLB at nearly 300lbs?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Saw that. Seems odd. An OLB at nearly 300lbs?
I think they're trying to be creative and find ways to get such an athletic big on the field more.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

When he's healthy Neal is a good player. Shame he can't stay on the field.

RIP themaninblack