Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like DD wants Rodgers to take accountability for the WR's screwing up, which doesn't make any sense to me. The WR's need to take accountability for THEIR mistakes

Rodgers was docked during the draft for his attitude by some teams, so I don't doubt that he's probably pretty full of himself, but I don't think he's a bad leader. I don't really care how he is. We had Favre for years and that guy was a huge egotistical blowhard.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if that has changed at all now? Not that I think Rodgers should take responsibility for someone else messing up, but I was just thinking of the context. When Rodgers first became starter there was a ****storm with all the Favre drama. During that time if I was in his shoes I wouldn't have taken responsibility for anyone else's screw ups either. He was already under enough scrutiny for any mistakes he made that actually WERE his fault. But now that he has an MVP and a SB ring I wonder if he'll "protect" the younger guys like DD insinuates he should. I don't really care if he does. I'm more of the opinion that if a guy can't man up to his mistakes then he probably isn't going to last in the NFL for very long.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are obviously different types of leaders: some are vocal, lead from the front of the line and others are more laid back, leading by example. Aaron is the latter of the two and has never been the type of guy to absorb blame for any shortcoming, even if it's not his fault (which I know will be argued as something he shouldn't have to do but there are leaders out there who are willing to take the brunt of the blame to make it easier on those around them, and Aaron operates with quite a bit of insecurity for a guy who has accomplished so much. In many ways that insecurity is a plus because it keeps him on his toes and never satisfied, but from the other end, where he is not willing to absorb blame, it leaves the supporting cast in a position to where they have to take heat from the media when it could easily be deflected by one statement from Aaron.

I don't think it's any coincidence that these comments have come from two players who spent a lot of time with Brett and transitioned to Aaron. Brett possessed an ego, but that ego also allowed all the focus to be directed towards him and allowed the supporting cast to just do their jobs. Brett was also one of those leaders who leads from the front and through his emotion.

All-in-all, Jennings and Driver must prefer a leading quarterback like Brett over Aaron. Funny thing about Jennings heading to Minnesota is that he will have a quarterback who takes on all the criticism but not from his own choosing because Christian's marginal play on a consistent basis takes the limelight in the Twin Cities media.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:10 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always got the impression that Favre's receivers generally liked him because when they screwed up, he'd tell them "hey, that's okay, you'll get it next time" and then he'd throw right back at them.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 34s

Teams likely to have some interest in former Miami K Dan Carpenter include Packers, Seahawks, Browns, Jets, Bucs.
So there's that
Old 08-15-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carpenter would be such an upgrade over Crosby, a gift really.
So look for it.
Not.
To.
Happen.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing today?
Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing newsworthy

Old 08-16-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Nothing newsworthy
That's probably good....

Within the Packer fan nation, who's the most underrated among:

Jermichael Finley
AJ Hawk
DuJuan Harris
Ryan Pickett
Tramon Williams
Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I know you are fishing for Harris as the answer but I wouldn't consider any of those players as underrated

Old 08-17-2013, 03:23 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Pickett is kind of underrated. On D, everybody talks about Clay, Woodson(obviously not here), BJ Raji, Tramon and the other CBs....now add in Datone Jones to the mix. Pickett's just been a steady guy from day 1. Had a very good season this past year that sort of went unnoticed.

Hopefully he has another good season to finish things out, since there is no way Ted will re-sign a 33+ year old DLineman to an extension
Old 08-17-2013, 07:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I LOVE Pickett.
Great dude, great man, has been a great interior linemen for us. Never bitches.
Great free agent addition.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Good news

- Datone Jones, Casey Hayward and Andrew Quarless returned to practice today. I believe all were limited. Hayward did get reps with the 2's in 11 on 11 drills. Practice was in shells so who knows if they'll go in pads, but good to see them all back and doing stuff
Old 08-20-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Rodgers has a cold.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Datone rolled his ankle today. Same ankle he injured in the preseason game.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarrett Boykin going to stick?

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Sounds like Datone rolled his ankle today. Same ankle he injured in the preseason game.
**** happens. The Packers should let him rest it for a little while. If he falls behind in camp, so be it. He can catch up and contribute later in the season if he's not ready week 1, but I don't think they need to push him if his ankle isn't healthy.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Steelers La'veon Bell has the Lisfranc that ended Benson's season last year.
Bell was taken before Lacy, and just played in his first game for the Steelers, lasted one drive.

I'm thankful Lacy made it out of one game I guess.

I'd rather be a crash test dummy than an NFL running back.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Jarrett Boykin going to stick?
Almost certainly. Right now he's the #4 WR on the depth chart and the other young guys don't look like anything to write home about, IMO. I'm not in love with Boykin, but I guess he looks like he can be a solid #4 WR.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Mason Crosby had a terrible practice today, and Coach McCarthy defended him. Mike knows Mason will ultimately be the kicker because Thompson failed to bring in true competition.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I don't know. Credible NFL writers/analysts said that the Packers had interest in Dan Carpenter. That tells me they finally, FINALLY realize that they have to freakin move on from Crosby. At the very least it gives me hope that they'll move on

Over the next week or 2, some pretty good kickers will likely be looking for work. Pack better be quick on that. Enough already with Crosby ffs. Tavecchio isn't the answer, but Crosby sure as hell isn't. He can't be trusted, period

As far as Datone goes, just sounds like he re-aggravated the ankle sprain. Just let him rest up. Season is still a few weeks away, no sense in having that thing linger or still be less tahn 100%
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I can't believe we didn't grab Carpenter or Lindell. At some point the well of good kickers will empty.

Crosby SUCKS. HE IS MAKING 72% OF HIS KICKS IN PRACTICE. jfgdjhsklhjlksdjhlkdfjhlkdfjhlkdfjhlkjslkhjfsdklhj sklhklsjhkl
IN PRACTICE. THAT'S LIKE AN NBA SHOOTING GUARD HITTING 50% OF HIS FREE THROWS.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to hear on Boykin. Would kill to have him back at VT.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I can't stand Crosby either.
As queezy as I am getting these days watching all the puszy DBs diving at people's ACL's (I seriously feel like at this rate, I will quit football-love in 3 years), I get even more naucious watching Crosby line up an important kick.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:01 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Predicting 53 man roster before 3rd preseason game

QB :: Aaron Rodgers : Vince Young
RB/FB :: Eddie Lacy : DaJuan Harris : Johnathan Franklin : Alex Green
WR :: Jordy Nelson : Randall Cobb : James Jones : Jarrett Boykin : Tyrone Walker : Jeremy Ross
TE :: Jermichael Finley : Brandon Bostick : Andrew Quarless : Ryan Taylor : DJ Williams
OT :: David Bakhtiari : Don Barclay : Marshall Newhouse
OG/C :: Josh Sitton : TJ Lang : Evan Dietrich-Smith : Greg Van Roten : Lane Taylor

Offense: 25

DL :: Datone Jones : BJ Raji : CJ Wilson : Ryan Pickett : Johnny Jolly : Mike Daniels : Josh Boyd
LB :: Clay Matthews : Nick Perry : Brad Jones : AJ Hawk : Robert Francois : Andy Mulumba : Mike Neal (DL) : Sam Barrington : Dezman Moses
CB :: Tramon Williams : Sam Shields : Casey Hayward : Davon House : Jarrett Bush : Micah Hyde
S :: MD Jennings : Morgan Burnett : Jerron McMillian

Defense: 25

K :: Mason Crosby
P :: Tim Masthay
LS :: Brett Goode

Specials: 3

It becomes easier to predict the roster when the likes of Bulaga, Sherrod and Tretter are too injured to compete for a spot.