Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2013, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rodgers only misses 4 games, this team should be OK. Just gotta try and get to 2-2 over those 4 games

MM will be coaching his ass off during this stretch. Gotta find a way to have long, time consuming drives. If the D can't step up during this stretch then they weren't gonna go anywhere anyway in the postseason with that unit. Now or never time. 2010 they routinely got the stops at the end of games when needed...need it to happen again
Old 11-06-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These were Wallaces passing stats in his three starts back in 2011:

18/31, 226, 1, 0
19/33, 147, 1, 1
16/41, 177, 0, 1

I think that with some reps in practice and better rapport with his receivers, he might be able to hit that 55% completions, 175 yards, 1 TD level. Granted, he's two years older, but he's also not playing for the Browns this time around. With a fairly soft schedule, we just need him to move the chains and keep the defenses honest.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This offense has the players to dink and dunk down the field with Wallace. Finally have a studly running game, good receivers. Gonna need Wallace to just not turn the damn ball over

I expect Rodgers to basically be acting as OC on the sidelines to help Wallace
Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we hold a rally outside the stadium to sign free agent QB Matt Flynn?

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need Wallace to be able to hit a deep pass or sort of deep pass, to Jordy to loosen up the defenses.
They are going to come into the games with 10 guys keying on Lacy.

Remember in the preseason when he had like 1 yard a carry because there were always 3 defensive players smashing into him behind the line of scrimmage, because the QB wasn't Rodgers?
We're going to be seeing fronts like that..... until/unless Wallace makes the defenses pay for doing so.

We need this veteran to reward MM & TT's faith in him, and prove most of us fans wrong. He has to come up big at times.
We don't need him to complete 65% of his passes.

Just make a few big plays, and limit the catastrophic mistakes.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Gonna need to see more screen passes than we normally see IMO

and yes, when the D is daring them to throw deep, Seneca is gonna have to complete some passes 10+ yards downfield. I'll be holding my breathe every time I see Seneca dropping back to throw it deep
Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Can we hold a rally outside the stadium to sign free agent QB Matt Flynn?
Flynn's noodle arm is even soggier with a bum elbow. He is physically worse than Wallace at this point and is a statue in the pocket.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Gonna need to see more screen passes than we normally see IMO

and yes, when the D is daring them to throw deep, Seneca is gonna have to complete some passes 10+ yards downfield. I'll be holding my breathe every time I see Seneca dropping back to throw it deep
I would definitely expect to see a lot of screens, both to RBs and WRs.

I'd also expect to see a LOT of designed rollouts. I think they avoid overusing them with Rodgers as it can expose you to big hits, but it's really the best way to utilize Seneca's athleticism and minimize his lack of size.

I'm going to call it right now that on our first offensive play we play action a deep shot. Just the threat of that should back off a D that's going to stack the box.

Takeaways and sacks by our D are going to be a necessity in this one. I'd say 2 and 4 minimum if we're going to pull out a victory.

On the bright side, I expect the stadium will be rocking loud as the fans try to help out this team. That could potentially disrupt their offense a bit.

I also wanted to note, I'm not sure how much you can blame TT for the QB situation. They tried to get Harrell and/or Coleman to respectability, believing they would progress with reps, and both of them just fell flat on their face this preseason. At that point, what else could we have done? We tried Vince Young and it didn't work out, and I thought Wallace was the best option left.

I thought Coleman had potential as a backup and blew it.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 11-07-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:14 PM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

reports are they are going to work out flynn. Why not....atleast have some competition
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

that is one helluva club
Old 11-08-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

that is one helluva club
Holy wrapped-volleyball Batman.

I don't like that thing..... is there anyway he can use that thing to his advantage?
Old 11-09-2013, 11:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Starting to see some mock drafts and this pick stood out to me from Rob Rang's sidekick, for our late-1st round pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iICw9nrUUt4
Old 11-09-2013, 12:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Starting to see some mock drafts and this pick stood out to me from Rob Rang's sidekick, for our late-1st round pick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iICw9nrUUt4
Tight end is a popular projection for the team, but the offense is predicated on the receivers making plays out wide and I don't see the position being worth a first round pick based on our offense.

Old 11-09-2013, 12:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Tight end is a popular projection for the team, but the offense is predicated on the receivers making plays out wide and I don't see the position being worth a first round pick based on our offense.
Just like last year at this time and later, when many had us taking Tyer Eifert.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

With Rodgers at QB and now Lacy looking legit, the offense will be fine. OL is looking improved and should get even better next year with Bulaga back and Sherrod looking like good depth

they need to focus on getting this D back up to par with where it needs to be. They need more playmakers on that side...it's still pretty much just Clay Matthews. Need a punishing Safety next to Burnett, a legit stud ILB. The CB group doesnt' have a standout guy but I think its a group where the whole is better than the sum of parts. Nice depth there with Shields, Hayward, House, Hyde(not including Tramon since I believe he's done with this team after this year)

really sucks that Perry got hurt AGAIN this year because with his switch back to ROLB he was really coming on. Hopefully when he returns he doesn't miss a beat.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed, considering the TE position could be very very deep if the top Juniors also come out.

I am a huge CJ Fiedorowicz fan, 6-7 260, can run, and is a great run blocker. Highly under-utilized at Iowa, but could be another Iowa guy that produces at the next level. 2nd round pick - 3rd round pick.

I feel like this offseason is going to be very interesting. We have a lot of bigger name free agents (Raji, Finley, Shields, Pickett, Jolly, James Jones) and not enough cash to spread around. I would like to see Raji and James Jones back for sure. Shield is a pure cover corner, and unfortunately in our defense we play way more zone which does not play to his strength, thus, I don't see him returning. Pickett and Jolly are both older, but both play an important part in the locker room, so I would like to see both of them back, but I feel only one will be back and based on play I would think it would be Pickett. Lastly, I only see J-Mike returning if he doesn't get major interest from other teams, and would play for significantly less money in a one year deal.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers could have and probably should have won that game. Tolzien really settled in, and played okay against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Really really hope that EDS/Barclay are healthy, otherwise our OL is in some serious trouble.

Back to back weeks of the defense not playing well. Burnett is not the same Burnett of old.....these next couple of weeks are going to be really frustrating to watch I think. So close, but yet so far.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6077

Are we just cursed with the phuqing injuries?
What about the muscle strains?
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

I truly just think we are in a really bad string of luck. Barclay and EDS both got rolled-up. Perry is his foot. Clay had the thumb. ARod had the shoulder. Cobb with the stupid hit to his legs. Finley with awful luck. Bulaga with the ACL. - These are all "fluke" injuries.

Burnett and Heyward's hamstrings both sound like training regimens outside of the Packers facility....which means to me..."Oh ****, I haven't done anything for two months, better get my ass in gear and really train over the top".

Brad Jones, who knows, but another Hammy....really wish we hadn't paid him starters money to begin with; let alone more than Hawk who is always dependable.

With respect to Seneca, maybe if he doesn't freak the **** out in the pocket, and stays in the pocket, he doesn't end up contorting his body in a way that strains his groin.

I just think that Lovat will be the scapegoat for all of the injuries, and I don't think that that is right.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

bigboiajhawk,

I totally agree with all you said.
I think we keep getting more than our share of bad luck, and that pisses the hell me off. That's why I keep pointing it out and taking schit from the other teams fans in the Pro forum, fuckthem.

But hamstring and groins are the exception.

I also believe Wallace is soft and could and should have kept playing today, although if it affected his passing, than perhaps not.

I hate football.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/j-j-wa...inning-season/

cool article....and pretty much sums up the Packers this year (checks stats at bottom):

Packers D is awful at getting to the QB
Packers OL is pretty good
Old 11-10-2013, 08:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/j-j-wa...inning-season/

cool article....and pretty much sums up the Packers this year (checks stats at bottom):

Packers D is awful at getting to the QB
Packers OL is pretty good
Jerry Hughes being validated there... I loved that guy coming out of TCU and wanted him in 2010 when he fell and Bulaga fell. We took the right guy.

But because he didn't fit in Indy's system, he was let go and the Bills scooped him up.

I wanted to trade for him in Indy when they were cleaning things out there during their tank for Luck season.

We could have gotten him and not used the pick on Nick Perry. I wonder who else we might have taken instead of Perry OLB with that pick, had we obtained Hughes.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Official: Matt Flynn is back
Who called for that weeks, month ago?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Official: Matt Flynn is back
Who called for that weeks, month ago?
This move is more a reflection of Wallace than Tolzien. It is simply less work and reps to bring in Flynn compared to other quarterbacks at this point.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This move is more a reflection of Wallace than Tolzien. It is simply less work and reps to bring in Flynn compared to other quarterbacks at this point.
yeah, they worked out Skelton too, and I'm guessing chose Flynn just cause of his knowledge of the offense. He never had a cannon, but in the preseason and his one start this year, his arm strength looked gone. Maybe it was just arm fatigue and is better by now, but he's definitely Tolzien's backup. No where near the guy he was 2 years ago.