Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2006, 03:35 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
tom brady is going to pick the packers secondary apart and it will help lead the the firing of Shotty.. my prediction.
yeah, the Patriots are gonna be pretty pissed off after losing to the Colts and Jets. I'd love to see the Pack get a win against the Pats or Hawks in the next 2 weeks.

if nothing else these next 2 games will show where the Packers really stack up against playoff caliber teams.
These next 2 weeks are going to really show what kind of a team this is. Im not expecting wins in either games, but what i am going to look for is how some of these guys come out at the beginning of the game and how they respond to either a lead or being down to a couple good teams. If the Packers come out and have a couple good games against these teams it will show we are close and are only missing a couple parts to have a playoff team. These games will really expose our weeknesses, which is good for a young team that needs experience.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30
Quote:
Quote:
tom brady is going to pick the packers secondary apart and it will help lead the the firing of Shotty.. my prediction.
yeah, the Patriots are gonna be pretty pissed off after losing to the Colts and Jets. I'd love to see the Pack get a win against the Pats or Hawks in the next 2 weeks.

if nothing else these next 2 games will show where the Packers really stack up against playoff caliber teams.
These next 2 weeks are going to really show what kind of a team this is. Im not expecting wins in either games, but what i am going to look for is how some of these guys come out at the beginning of the game and how they respond to either a lead or being down to a couple good teams. If the Packers come out and have a couple good games against these teams it will show we are close and are only missing a couple parts to have a playoff team. These games will really expose our weeknesses, which is good for a young team that needs experience.
I concur. McCarthy has done an Amazing job IMO. The team makes mistakes, but he always finds a way to fix the problems. Which on this team, is pretty great.

I'd also like too note, I think Brett will retire this off-season, because he's having a good year and can finally go out on top. I also think that Aaron Rodgers will come in and deliver a Philip Rivers type year. With two years under the same offense, and being with the same receivers for two years will help him immensly.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I concur. McCarthy has done an Amazing job IMO. The team makes mistakes, but he always finds a way to fix the problems. Which on this team, is pretty great.

I'd also like too note, I think Brett will retire this off-season, because he's having a good year and can finally go out on top. I also think that Aaron Rodgers will come in and deliver a Philip Rivers type year. With two years under the same offense, and being with the same receivers for two years will help him immensly.
The only reason he would quit to "go out on top" would be if they won the super bowl. We're not exactly a super bowl caliber team.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

The Patriots are a good team, but aren't as OH MY GOD IT'S THE PATRIOTS anymore.

I think the game is very winnable.

I hope Morency can get back on the field though. I believe he is the Tatum Bell for our ZBS.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 03:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The only reason he would quit to "go out on top" would be if they won the super bowl. We're not exactly a super bowl caliber team.
I was at the game and picked up some stuff from him after the game. I was watching him in the post game celebration, he was walking to freakin everybody giving them hugs and shaking their hands. His wife also came out of the box and congratulated him (pretty sure she does that every game, just thought i'd make not of it.) And of course the infamous goodbye to ragor (or watever hsi name is.)

And Bretts not stupid, he knows this wont be a Super Bowl caliber team for at least 2 seasons.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:01 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was at the game and picked up some stuff from him after the game. I was watching him in the post game celebration, he was walking to freakin everybody giving them hugs and shaking their hands. His wife also came out of the box and congratulated him (pretty sure she does that every game, just thought i'd make not of it.) And of course the infamous goodbye to ragor (or watever hsi name is.)

And Bretts not stupid, he knows this wont be a Super Bowl caliber team for at least 2 seasons.
I also think he is going to retire after this year. I think he realizes that it will be Aaron Rodgers' time to perform and his time to step out of the spotlight. He will be able to leave after having a pretty good season and after proving a lot of people wrong by not throwing too many INT's.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:02 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

maybe not but if they finish off the year strong they could very well be a playoff team next year, and that will be enough for favre to come back again. This year has been that much more fun for favre and he still looks and acts like a kid out there. He still has a couple good years left in him and if he has the slightest belief that they will have a playoff team next year i believe he will be back.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2006, 04:09 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if i were a betting man (i am) i'd say Brett's coming back next year...he's having fun, the team is young, the coach is young and seems to get along with Favre....and he's playing well.

but, i wouldn't be surprised either way.

that said....lets get off this subject...if we want to hear about his status for next year we could watch espn for 5 minutes.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:17 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

If Favre comes back, we have 30 million in cap room. If he doesn't, we have 41 million.

I don't care either way.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
if i were a betting man (i am) i'd say Brett's coming back next year...he's having fun, the team is young, the coach is young and seems to get along with Favre....and he's playing well.

but, i wouldn't be surprised either way.

that said....lets get off this subject...if we want to hear about his status for next year we could watch espn for 5 minutes.
no kidding i want to just enjoy the rest of the games watching brett without hearing about retirment.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
If Favre comes back, we have 30 million in cap room. If he doesn't, we have 41 million.

I don't care either way.
Either way, that's a crap load of cap room.

What position do you think the Packers will sign someone in FA at???
Old 11-14-2006, 04:27 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:

I don't care either way.

The two positions i could see them pursuing through FA

a proven WR that could work as a slot reciever and give competition to a draft pick, because i also think they will draft a WR on the first day.

and a saftey if they dont decied to draft one in the first round. if manuel isnt cutting by seasons end i think TT will go after a saftey either through the draft or through FA

TT doesnt really like to sign big name FAs usually though, except Woodson

I also think that the Pack could pursue Michael Turner, but they probably will have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Favre stays one more year. I think that would help Rodgers more than him leaving after this. I'm still wary about the whole Tedford thing. I think the farther removed from that he is, the better.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't care either way.

a proven WR that could work as a slot reciever and give competition to a draft pick, because i also think they will draft a WR on the first day.

and a saftey if they dont decied to draft one in the first round. if manuel isnt cutting by seasons end i think TT will go after a saftey either through the draft or through FA

I also think that the Pack could pursue Michael Turner, but they probably will have to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick

No way the pack will get a safey, TT likes manuel and they have collins, underwood and culver.

I'd love to see them pursue Turner and a CB.

why does the packers need a WR? KORO will be back next year, along with him driver and jennings looks pretty solid.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:43 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't care either way.

No way the pack will get a safey, TT likes manuel and they have collins, underwood and culver.

I'd love to see them pursue Turner and a CB.

why does the packers need a WR? KORO will be back next year, along with him driver and jennings looks pretty solid.
they will go after a WR this offseason, because they have no depth behind those 3, and Robinson is unreliable as we have seen in the past. I would love for Robinson to work out in Green Bay, but if he doesnt we have Jennings and Driver with nothing behind them. I'm pretty sure he is also suspended for the first couple games of the year too, so what r we going to do for those weeks?

I dont want them to draft a WR in the first round like a lot of ppl were talking about, but i think that is a need that they have to address this offseason.

jennings is also a rookie halfway through the season, dont get too ahead of yourself. dont get me wrong, I love what he has done this year, but he could very well have a sophmore slump especially if Rodgers is QB.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2006, 06:27 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

I really would perfer to get a WR in FA, a slot reciver is more of a now need, I'd rather spend draft picks in different positions, but i don't want to talk about that now
Old 11-14-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

come on guys cowboy's thead is got us by a page
Old 11-14-2006, 06:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couple things

1) I would like Favre to come back for one more year, then it's time to move on

2) There is no way I want a WR in round 1, unless somehow it's CJ.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:39 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Couple things

1) I would like Favre to come back for one more year, then it's time to move on

2) There is no way I want a WR in round 1, unless somehow it's CJ.
agree with you 100%, farve can go out this year while still playing good ball, I just don't want to see him drag it on to the point where he gets benched. I would really like to give Rodgers the chance to play the traning camp as the starter and get the most reps posible
WR are always risky in the draft and we don't need any game busters, thats what greg jennings will be for.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Packers Day One Draft Needs:

1) Runningback. Green is a free agent, aging, and injury-prone. Even if the Packers keep him, there needs to be depth behind him. Zone-blocking systems may be able to work with less talented backs but having a good back will make the running game that much better.
2) Cornerback. Beyond Al Harris and Charles Woodson, there is little here. Both are on the wrong side of 30 and their play is regressing. Packers need another corner to step in and play nickel as well as develop into a starter.
3) Wide Receiver. Jennings has been great and should continue to develop. Beyond him, there is only Donald Driver who is getting older and will need to be replaced in the next few seasons. The rest of the receivers are journeymen who likely are best suited for backup roles. Picking up a quality receiver to play slot or eventually develop into a starter is necessary.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 07:17 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

So do you guys think will blackmon has a chance to develop into a starter one day?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses

1) Runningback. Green is a free agent, aging, and injury-prone. Even if the Packers keep him, there needs to be depth behind him. Zone-blocking systems may be able to work with less talented backs but having a good back will make the running game that much better.
2) Cornerback. Beyond Al Harris and Charles Woodson, there is little here. Both are on the wrong side of 30 and their play is regressing. Packers need another corner to step in and play nickel as well as develop into a starter.
3) Wide Receiver. Jennings has been great and should continue to develop. Beyond him, there is only Donald Driver who is getting older and will need to be replaced in the next few seasons. The rest of the receivers are journeymen who likely are best suited for backup roles. Picking up a quality receiver to play slot or eventually develop into a starter is necessary.
4) Defensive End. KGB offers little to no support in the run game, and his pass rush skills are suspect. It may be that Kampy and his improved pass rushing skills are taking away the sacks that KGB would traditionally get. A big DE who could help out with the run is needed, which would allow KGB to spell the DEs on passing downs. I don't see too much in Michael Montgomery.

As for Blackmon, I think it'll take him the rest of this year and all of next year before he is starting-caliber. Him starting at this time would allow for C-Wood (who would be 32) to move to safety.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

4) Defensive End. KGB offers little to no support in the run game, and his pass rush skills are suspect. It may be that Kampy and his improved pass rushing skills are taking away the sacks that KGB would traditionally get. A big DE who could help out with the run is needed, which would allow KGB to spell the DEs on passing downs. I don't see too much in Michael Montgomery.

As for Blackmon, I think it'll take him the rest of this year and all of next year before he is starting-caliber. Him starting at this time would allow for C-Wood (who would be 32) to move to safety.
I love Montgomery. He seems to do rather well in run support, and can generate a nice pass rush.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

I'd actually consider DE more of a need than WR. KGB is just trash, he gets pushed around so much and just isn't worth the money
Old 11-14-2006, 08:27 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I love Montgomery. He seems to do rather well in run support, and can generate a nice pass rush.
until I see more out of him I won't consider him anything more than a good backup