Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2013, 04:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Eddie Lacy

Since October 1, Lacy leads the NFL with 977 rushing yards.

Lacy is the fourth Green Bay running back to be named Offensive Player of the Week joining Ahman Green (six times), Dorsey Levens (Week 17, 1999) and Samkon Gado (Week 10, 2005).

GADO
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey I told you guys I was at the Cowboys game, sat in a suite on the field and also first 3 rows right on the 4th quarter goalline...... I was able to watch everything.
One thing that stood out to me was #54 for us on special teams. This guy was tough. He went after guys, and knocked some guys heads off. There were nothing but touchbacks on almost all kickoffs, but he went after guys, and he kinda hurt #27 Wilcox, who later twisted Jones' knee on his TD.

After I noticed him more, before kickoffs, he would point at guys on Dallas and tell them he was coming after him.

Here's the dude I am talking about, Victor Aiyewa.

Old 12-19-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jolly suffered a "significant" injury this past Sunday and has already been ruled out for the game. Some reports say it's a neck injury that will likely end his season, though it's NOT believed to be some career threatening thing and he should be fine for next year

and to nobody's surprise, Flynn took the 1st team reps and while it hasn't been officially announced....he'll obviously be the starter again this Sunday
Old 12-19-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Jolly suffered a "significant" injury this past Sunday and has already been ruled out for the game. Some reports say it's a neck injury that will likely end his season, though it's NOT believed to be some career threatening thing and he should be fine for next year

and to nobody's surprise, Flynn took the 1st team reps and while it hasn't been officially announced....he'll obviously be the starter again this Sunday
And then MCCARTHY came out and twice said Rodgers looks ready to play, will do medical meeting tomorrow and have an announcement. The soap opera continues.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand McCarthy's tone regarding Rodgers' health. He sure sounds like he is questioning the medical team.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

media is speculating that MM is lobbying to have Rodgers play but the Doc and TT are the ones who are nixing it. Rodger's wants to play and MM wants him to...but Pat McKenzie and Thompson are the ones who make the final call

this team is about as conservative as it gets with injuries(not a bad thing, though it's frustrating) so I'm not expecting MM to win this. I'm honestly wondering if Rodgers would even be cleared NEXT week...assuming the team wins Sunday and has something to play for still
Old 12-19-2013, 10:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the media speculation is correct, McCarthy needs to shut the **** up. We're talking about an injury that could have a profound impact on Rodgers' career if he comes back too early and re-injures it. I'd personally rather have another 8-10 years of a healthy Rodgers than see him play against the Steelers this Sunday. McCarthy is a ******* idiot if he actually wants to pressure the medical team into playing Rodgers without him being 100% ready.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

The conditions will probably dictate a much more run heavy game anyway, so I'd be comfortable with Flynn at the helm this week. There's no need to put Rodgers long-term health at jeopardy here.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Run heavy means less drop back and chances to be sacked...bad weather means more 3 step drops, short throws and less chance to be sacked... snow on the ground and on grass means a softer playing surface...just his presence back there will make the D loosen up on the run and would most definitely give the entire team a boost....play the man
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 06:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

That really sucks about Jolly.
I didn't notice the play where he got hurt, but it was here in Dallas.... he's a Texas native, got hurt back here.
Reminds me of Driver, who got hurt here in the Super Bowl. Damn.

I heard a lot of people guessing that Rodgers WILL be back this week. Both guys on PTI, and some local Pack fans.

I still do NOT anticipate him being back this week.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dr. McKenzie will not give clearance to Rodgers playing this week...there must have been some misreporting to the severity of the injury when it first occurred

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron has been running and throwing since November 19th...I just don't get how he can't be ready to go yet

Old 12-20-2013, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Aaron has been running and throwing since November 19th...I just don't get how he can't be ready to go yet
This is what I don't understand. If the injury is more severe or not healing, why would they let him put on pads and throw? It certainly doesn't help bone heal to move it around. I don't get it.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Dr. McKenzie will not give clearance to Rodgers playing this week...there must have been some misreporting to the severity of the injury when it first occurred
very often is the case with this team. MM and co are very tight lipped when it comes to injuries and it's only after weeks later we find out it's something more

The Cobb injury for instance. Reported as a fractured fibula and then we find out later it was the tibia that he fractured

can't forget the Mike Neal "knee sprain" back in training camp a few years ago that was only gonna keep him out a "couple of weeks" that then turned into knee surgery a "Couple of weeks" later that knocked him out for another 8 or so weeks
Old 12-20-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers is OUT....nooooooooooo! C'mon Flynn. We need you.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Rodgers is OUT....nooooooooooo! C'mon Flynn. We need you.
Let's hope the storm heading towards town is stronger than they're currently predicting...a battle of ground games favors us

Old 12-20-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Also Brandon Bostick is done for the year and will have foot surgery...so add another guy to IR

Honestly, I don't even think Rodgers would play next week(assumin the team wins. If they lose, no chance they play him in a meaningless game)
Old 12-20-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
This is what I don't understand. If the injury is more severe or not healing, why would they let him put on pads and throw? It certainly doesn't help bone heal to move it around. I don't get it.
I'm guessing using his shoulder/throwing the ball is all part of the process for gradually getting it back up to full strength. You can't just rest it and then go full on into a game. It might've healed, but he still needs to get the strength back, to be fit enough to play.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-20-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I think TO decided to shut Rodgers down for the season but didn't want to announce it. Now he won't announce it because if Flynn gets us to the playoffs they'll have to play Rodgers. I'd bet anything he doesn't start next week though.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm guessing using his shoulder/throwing the ball is all part of the process for gradually getting it back up to full strength. You can't just rest it and then go full on into a game. It might've healed, but he still needs to get the strength back, to be fit enough to play.
Sure you can. His throwing arm isn't injured. You don't lose strength from not throwing a football for a month and a half; and there are more isolated ways to keep it in shape anyway.

Something stinks here.

Old 12-20-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I think Rodgers said on his radio show a week or 2 ago that it hasn't been healing quite like they expected

who knows where he's at with the recovery or what the doc is seeing. No sense speculating. It's frustrating but what can you do. They must think the bone is still at a point where re-injury has a higher % chance of happening and then it can become more severe. Vital organs around that area, ligaments, etc etc. We all saw how the skins got crucified over the RG3 situation during the playoff game and it's STILL been a story this season(blaming his bad play on the fact he wasn't quite ready etc etc). Pack don't want to have that mess on their hands and I don't blame them

Crazy that this team can still lose sunday and have a chance at the division...though obviously they'd need a lot more help. Bears must lose this sunday to the Eagles, Lions must lose one of their last 2 games...then GB must beat Chicago in week 17.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-20-2013 at 01:16 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 01:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

So Rodgers is perfectly healthy and we just want to miss the playoffs? What ulterior motive could there be? We aren't there with Rodgers looking at his shoulder, assuming anything is pointless.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-20-2013, 01:21 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Bostick is out for the year with a foot injury that'll require surgery

Old 12-20-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
So Rodgers is perfectly healthy and we just want to miss the playoffs?
He is NOT perfectly healthy.
That broken bone is still not 100% healed.
There's no mystery here, there's no conspiracy.

You guys gotta stop letting the media play you like that.

When the bone is 100% healed, they will clear him.

As for Bostick, that sucks big time. I like that guy.
Also, sucks to lose Jolly. Pickett is wearing down, and Raji already seemed to play too much... he's never a factor out there.

When did Bostick get hurt anyway?
I also didn't notice Jolly getting injured last week either. Damn. Injuriezzzz.
Old 12-20-2013, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So Rodgers is perfectly healthy and we just want to miss the playoffs? What ulterior motive could there be? We aren't there with Rodgers looking at his shoulder, assuming anything is pointless.
No, I don't think the bone is healthy. Which is why I'm confused why he's been wearing pads and throwing for three weeks. That won't speed a broken bone healing; bones heal strictly with time. So why has he been allowed to hinder his healing?

That's what I don't get. It seems like they couldn't decide whether to treat it aggressively or conservatively. Maybe he experienced a setback we didn't hear about?