Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers have now lost 5 of their last 8 home playoff games after never losing any their first 100 years.

4 of the 5 were as favorites.
Yesterday was as a slight underdog.

The Lambeau Field Mystique is long gone.
Teams don't mind going to Lambeau aside from the cold.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And let's not forget Michael Vick. He must have been close to those numbers the year he roasted us

At the same time, all of us would have taken the 49ers scoring 23. Our offense lost this game.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-06-2014 at 11:46 AM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
And let's not forget Michael Vick. He must have been close to those numbers the year he roasted us

At the same time, all of us would have taken the 49ers scoring 23. Our offense lost this game.
Not as simple as that, but I agree the offense deserves more than half of the blame.
They didn't commit a turnover, but they turned 2 possible TDs into FGs, at the end of each half, and that was fatal.

Also, the first 3 drives were worse than putrid.

Cobb only had 2 passes thrown to him.
Jones had chances to make 2 big catches, which he often makes, and he went 0-2. I don't agree they were simple "drops". One he was wide open 5 yards past the coverage and the pass was underthrown and late.

And the play-calling on that final 1st & goal from the 9 was atrocious.

Defense still should not allow 7-13 on 3rd & 4th down conversions, including two 3rd & longs on that game-losing drive.
Have to get off the field on 3rd & longs.
And on 4th & 6's too.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offense didn't do enough but the D couldn't get the big stops when it was needed...and that's been a problem all year and in prior years

This D hasn't really been any good since 2010. I'd hope they move on from Capers, though I'm not expecting it
Old 01-06-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Shields suffered only a bone bruise in his knee. I bet he's thrilled at that news since it shouldn't affect him in FA
Old 01-06-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Offense didn't do enough but the D couldn't get the big stops when it was needed...and that's been a problem all year and in prior years

This D hasn't really been any good since 2010. I'd hope they move on from Capers, though I'm not expecting it
I don't know. I was leading the anti Capers charge until I gulped down the putrid taste and watched the bad defensive film. Very often on these 3rd downs and big plays the players were in a very good play call, in position and failed. That is not Capers fault. If anything, it's on the positional coaches. Capers isn't teaching these guys fundamentals; his job is to gameplan and set up the schemes, other guys need to get the players to accomplish them.

You look at that last drive. Hyde dropped a pick; in position. Bush failed on a 3rd down to maintain contain or we get a sack; in position. That's not on Capers. Kaepernick running for a 47 yard gain is definitely not on Capers. There's no coverage in existence that prevents someone from getting to a QB before a 47 yard gain.

If we get that 3rd down stop on the last drive, they go 6 of 13 for third downs and score 20 points.. we are in the streets parading Capers for taking a D down HOW many starters and playing amazing.

And who do we upgrade to? Leslie FRAZIER of the VIKINGS DEFENSE just got a job as a D coordinator.

Gregg Williams is about the only worthwhile guy available and he A) runs a 4-3, which would not be an easy transition and B) he is going to get a head coaching job either this year or as soon as he does well with a defense.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Also, worth a separate post, Nick Collins is turning 31 in August. ...

I hope that hurts everyone as much as it hurts me. He was almost certainly the 3rd best safety in football when he retired and still ascending. Realistically, he'd have 2 or 3 more years of elite quality play. Argh.

Dare I bring up the scary nature of Matthews dealing with injuries? He's nearing the "would-be-a-superstar-if-not-for-injury-prone" status. Obviously an elite player when healthy but the last three years have seen a lot of breakdowns and I worry about his twice broken thumb moving forward. He's never missed more than 6 games in a season but he's also only been 100% in probably about half his games in the last three years. No real conclusion to this trail of thought but it's just another concern moving forward.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben McAdoo appears headed to Miami to become their offensive coordinator following the firing of Mike Sherman.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Ben McAdoo appears headed to Miami to become their offensive coordinator following the firing of Mike Sherman.
Happy for him to get the opportunity. I don't see how it would affect us, really, as it's Rodgers and Flynn going forward so I'm nothing but excited for him to get the shot.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, worth a separate post, Nick Collins is turning 31 in August. ...

I hope that hurts everyone as much as it hurts me. He was almost certainly the 3rd best safety in football when he retired and still ascending. Realistically, he'd have 2 or 3 more years of elite quality play. Argh.

Dare I bring up the scary nature of Matthews dealing with injuries? He's nearing the "would-be-a-superstar-if-not-for-injury-prone" status. Obviously an elite player when healthy but the last three years have seen a lot of breakdowns and I worry about his twice broken thumb moving forward. He's never missed more than 6 games in a season but he's also only been 100% in probably about half his games in the last three years. No real conclusion to this trail of thought but it's just another concern moving forward.
RE: Clay

This has occurred to me as well but I try not to think about it because if it is true then the franchise at least on the defensive side of the ball will be set back significantly.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would point to Rodgers for the blame. He ignored the underneath route a lot of times, because he wanted the big play. The sack he was luck enough to avoid and get the ball to Cobb, while Kuhh was open, was a good example of that.

The unit started off too slow and was hot too late.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I would point to Rodgers for the blame. He ignored the underneath route a lot of times, because he wanted the big play. The sack he was luck enough to avoid and get the ball to Cobb, while Kuhh was open, was a good example of that.

I actually felt the opposite. Rodgers ended up with 9 incompletions, which isn't a huge number, but only 177 yards passing. That's one of the lowest yards per attempt I've ever seen Rodgers put up. That 49ers D is so fast with Willis and Bowman I don't think you can beat them playing that under stuff.

I don't think Rodgers was the MVP Unstoppable Rodgers we've seen but Jones and Nelson have to make some of those catches. If you think you're going to get clear shots down the field against a team like the 49ers.. nah. There were 3 or 4 incompletions that we've seen those two make catches on and would have been game changers.

I blame the OLine and offensive Playcalling the most, though. What was the final number? A dozen hurries on 26 attempt? That's absurd.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The duo of Brooks and Aldon Smith had 2 1/2 sacks and almost a dozen pressures.
The pocket was collapsing all the time.

Here's the thing, in defense of everyone: Thompson addressed the OT position with his first round pick both in 2011 & 2012.
That should have been Staley and Davis for us. I do not blame Thompson for the OT struggles.

Our starters Barclay and Bakhtiari are supposed to be backups.

That said, our offense let us down in this game and the playoff loss to the Giants in the 2011 season. And it was pass rush that caused it.

The other 2 playoff losses (Arizona & 49ers yesterday), the offense was nowhere near what we've come to expect.

Even with the new power runner in Lacy, who was a monster yesterday.
But still outrushed by Kaepernick because they have a sound and healthy defense.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
I would point to Rodgers for the blame.
Since the magical Super Bowl run (with 2 great games in domes) Rodgers has only 6 touchdowns in 4 playoff games.

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has 1,025 passing yards & 2 4th-quarter rallies in 4 playoff games +plus 362 rushing yards.

Colts 2nd year QB Andrew Luck has 731 passing yards, 4 TD passes, and a clutch 4th-quarter comeback win in only 2 playoff games. Not bad.

Rodgers has 972 passing yards and 0 fourth-quarter comebacks in his last four postseason games, 3 losses and a win over Joe Webb's Vikings.

Since winning the Lombardi Trophy 3 seasons ago, the Packers are 17-for-49 (35%) on 3rd-down conversions in the playoffs.

During the Super Bowl season playoffs, Rodgers helped the Packers convert 24 of 49 (49%) third downs.

The Niners with Kaptain Kaepernick were 6-12 yesterday, plus 1-1 on 4th down.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

McGinn's Grades Final Game> http://packersinsider.com/?p=6236
Old 01-07-2014, 10:44 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think there was definitely some mental rust. In spite of him doing as much as he could to stay mentally engaged during his recovery there is no substitute for game speed and in the playoffs it amps up even more. Just didn't seem to get through his progressions as quickly as he usually does. You could see on replays that that guys were open on check down routes.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben McAdoo is going to be interviewing for the Cleveland head coaching vacancy.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:54 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another tough home loss. Losing games at home when you could have won is never easy to swallow.

One thing that Vic posted that drew my attention is the disparity in LB situation between the two teams at the end of the game. Gimpy Malumba, gimpy Perry, with Jones and Hawk inside compared to Willis and Bowman inside and Smith and Brooks providing pressure. Yet, the Packers still had two chances to turn the game on the Hyde near-interception and the Bush blitz that went under instead of over. I thought Capers earned every penny in this game.

I was dissappointed in the WR corp. Small windows and a couple drops, the most memorable by Jones who usually excels at circus catches also cost points.

I will watch the Bears game a couple more times prior to the drafta and then see how Ted is going to address the line, TE, and see who comes in for the defense. I remain stunned by the attrition in the roster from injuries. It always sucks when the season ends on a loss, but they beat the Bears and knocked them out of the playoffs, and Vikings and Lions essentially fired their coaches because they couldn't beat out an Aaron Rodgerless GB team.
johbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

James Jones played the last 2 games with 2 broken ribs
Old 01-07-2014, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Since the magical Super Bowl run (with 2 great games in domes) Rodgers has only 6 touchdowns in 4 playoff games.

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has 1,025 passing yards & 2 4th-quarter rallies in 4 playoff games +plus 362 rushing yards.

Colts 2nd year QB Andrew Luck has 731 passing yards, 4 TD passes, and a clutch 4th-quarter comeback win in only 2 playoff games. Not bad.

Rodgers has 972 passing yards and 0 fourth-quarter comebacks in his last four postseason games, 3 losses and a win over Joe Webb's Vikings.

Since winning the Lombardi Trophy 3 seasons ago, the Packers are 17-for-49 (35%) on 3rd-down conversions in the playoffs.

During the Super Bowl season playoffs, Rodgers helped the Packers convert 24 of 49 (49%) third downs.

The Niners with Kaptain Kaepernick were 6-12 yesterday, plus 1-1 on 4th down.
In the previous 5 playoff games to last year, we played the Cardinals, Falcons, Eagles, Bears, Steelers. Of those, only the Bears and Steelers had what I'd qualify as good defenses.

In our last 4 playoff games we've played the Giants, Vikings, 49ers, 49ers. The Giants had a mediocre regular season D that year but there pass rush become unstoppable in the playoffs. The Vikings we handled easily. The 49ers have had a perfectly healthy, elite defense.

So yeah, you know what? Rodgers doesn't do quite as well against healthy, elite defenses as he does against below average defenses. Shocking. He was not the reason we lost yesterday. Drops, offensively and defensively, playcalling and line play lost us the game. You're not going to get wide open looks against elite D in the playoffs. Not going to happen. Jones and Nelson HAD to make the tough catches and they didn't.

It's not like we got blown out. The game came down to 1 or 2 plays and they went the wrong way for us. If any of them had gone our way, we almost certainly would have won.

We were without our clear-cut 3 best defensive players (Matthews, Heyward, Shields,) our second best offensive lineman, a number of other starters and backups, and we had a probably 90% Rodgers, 80% Lacy, 80% Cobb, 80% Jones. This team battled it out all year and when we could have crumbled so easily, we rallied.

I'm as bummed as anyone we lost but we played a tougher game than we probably had a right to with the disparity in health and talent between the two teams. Hyde gets that pick that hit both hands and we're talking about how awesome Rodgers is and how motivated and tough the team is.

I'm excited for next year. We already have help coming back from injured players, I don't see us losing anyone tremendously valuable in free agency, and we have a great chance at drafting some impact guys. Realistically, if Heyward comes back at 90% of what he was his rookie year and we get two more impact defensive players, from guys we have, free agency or the draft, we're going to be a tremendous team next year. Go Pack!

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-07-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
We were without our clear-cut 3 best defensive players (Matthews, Heyward, Shields,) our second best offensive lineman, a number of other starters and backups, and we had a probably 90% Rodgers, 80% Lacy, 80% Cobb, 80% Jones.....
......with the disparity in health and talent between the two teams.
You're right, and but people keep telling me we're just supposed to overcome those. That "all teams deal with it". Really? Take away the Niners top 3 defensive players, or just top 2. Take away their #2 OL and #1 TE.

I want these fans to be as tired of hearing about it as we Packer fans are tired of it happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
James Jones played the last 2 games with 2 broken ribs
Not an injuriezzzzzz?
Seriously, I love Jones. What a tough cookie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
...... drew my attention is the disparity in LB situation between the two teams at the end of the game........

Gimpy Mulumba, gimpy Perry, with Jones and Hawk inside compared to Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman inside and Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks providing pressure............
I remain stunned by the attrition in the roster from injuries.
Nobody wants to hear about our injuries anymore.... I guess we can't use it as an excuse, even though without them I am sure we win, while as you said the Niners key cogs somehow always stay healthy. Luck or something deeper, that's my driving question.

I also am excited about next season, because the missing pieces were mostly already on our team now.
Had we had Matthews and Shields and Hayward, I think we win. And Finley. I am sure we would have won with those guys.
We just need our guys to be healthy for once and we're fine.

In the meantime, a new starting ILB and at least one S please.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Tramon Williams lets it slip what the veterans feel like with all these mistakes in Capers system:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ys-on-defense/

his feeling that the team needed a more pronounced veteran presence with General Manager Ted Thompson. Williams said that the Packers have “talented” young players, but explained why he thought a different mix might offer more of a benefit in the future.

“You’re challenged with young guys,” Williams said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Talented, young guys get played, but the game is still fast for them because they don’t understand what teams are trying to do, they don’t understand the scheme fully, they don’t understand what the scheme can do for them, if they understand it. … That’s what you’re faced with, with young guys. Even though we say it’s a young league, yeah, it’s a young league. It’s an old league, too, because old guys make the league go.”

Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

I get what Tramon is saying but what about guys like Bush, Burnett, Hawk, B. Jones, and Raji. Those guys have been in this scheme long enough to know those things and yet they still don't produce on the level I would expect. It isn't just that more veterans are needed....more TALENT is needed.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, about a week ago there was a story about Capers and how he said that he needs vet guys to run this complicated D

2010 they had Collins, Cullen Jenkins, Woodson as the vet guys. TT keeps this team as one of the younger ones year after year, so uh, maybe Capers isn't the best fit here going forward
Old 01-07-2014, 04:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I get what Tramon is saying but what about guys like Bush, Burnett, Hawk, B. Jones, and Raji. Those guys have been in this scheme long enough to know those things and yet they still don't produce on the level I would expect. It isn't just that more veterans are needed....more TALENT is needed.
Definitely more talent is needed. Hawk and Jones are just too slow and Raji has just inexplicably gotten worse. I can't fault Bush, he only saw the field due to more injuries