Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2014, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
I get what Tramon is saying but what about guys like Bush, Burnett, Hawk, B. Jones, and Raji. Those guys have been in this scheme long enough to know those things and yet they still don't produce on the level I would expect. It isn't just that more veterans are needed....more TALENT is needed.
I actually took Tramons comments as being hopeful they won't cut him/make him take a paycut. Ie.. he's one of those vet guys so we should r really keep him.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:18 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Tramon Williams lets it slip what the veterans feel like with all these mistakes in Capers system:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ys-on-defense/

his feeling that the team needed a more pronounced veteran presence with General Manager Ted Thompson. Williams said that the Packers have “talented” young players, but explained why he thought a different mix might offer more of a benefit in the future.

“You’re challenged with young guys,” Williams said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “Talented, young guys get played, but the game is still fast for them because they don’t understand what teams are trying to do, they don’t understand the scheme fully, they don’t understand what the scheme can do for them, if they understand it. … That’s what you’re faced with, with young guys. Even though we say it’s a young league, yeah, it’s a young league. It’s an old league, too, because old guys make the league go.”

Complete non-story; there's nothing about Capers here.

He's not saying "because the scheme is flawed" or even hinting at that. All he's doing is pointing out that young players are less experienced than veterans and that that sometimes leads to more mistakes. Common sense...

If he was blaming Capers he wouldn't be talking about young players and the mistakes they make because they're young.

Tramon is an "old guy" set to earn 7M next year. But old guys "make the league go"...He's probably just doing his best to avoid being cut.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:02 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Argh. Argh.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:29 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Tramon, anybody think he'll be back? Earlier this year I'd say no way would he be back at his price tag($8 million, I believe) but he really took his play up a notch near the end of the year IMO. I'm now leaning to him returning and wanting him to return
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Speaking of Tramon, anybody think he'll be back? Earlier this year I'd say no way would he be back at his price tag($8 million, I believe) but he really took his play up a notch near the end of the year IMO. I'm now leaning to him returning and wanting him to return
Tramon is going to be turning 31 and is due a total of $7.2 million if he's on the roster for 2014. Unless he takes a pay cut, I don't see him being around. His salary is currently he 7th highest for the position in the league heading into next year and the team can't afford to throw as much at him, especially when we need to pay Shields.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tramon's contract will be re-structured.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raji is officially a FA on Friday unless something happens and I'm not expecting much.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tramon's contract will be re-structured.
I definitely think this will be the case, much as it was with Hawk last year.

I'm happy to see Raji go. His play isn't worth the paycheck.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:01 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

I can't say I'm happy to see him go though I agree that it is probably the right thing. Disappointing to see a guy that we drafted #9 overall, who showed so much potential early on, not live up to that potential. If he's gonna go I hope he gets a big deal since that can only improve the compensatory pick we receive.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ld-card-round/

Solid Showings

The Packers defensive line has not been a strength for the Packers this season but up against a physical and relentless offensive line yesterday they put in one of their better displays as a group this season to slow the 49ers’ ground game. Notching his third-highest snap count (47) of the season, Ryan Pickett (+2.6 run defense) tied a season-high with three defensive stops and was able to outwork Jonathan Goodwin over the nose while still being effective against Anthony Davis when he lined up to the outside. Joining him in this solid display were Mike Daniels (+1.0 run defense) and Josh Boyd (+1.5 run defense) who only just topped Pickett’s snap count in combination. Daniels also chipped in with three stops which included a sack of Kaepernick as he tried to escape on another scramble early in the third quarter. One exception to this strong showing was B.J. Raji who was largely invisible for the first three quarters of the game only notching his first -and only- stop of the game on the 49ers’ final run as they setup their game-winning field goal.

I've sensed for awhile that Raji is and always will be an East Coast kinda guy. I worry his heart has been there for awhile.... and he'll play with that same 2010 edge next year: for an NFC East or Ravens/Steelers kind of team.

ALSO, DIFFERENT TOPIC: RODGERS PLAYOFF PERFORMANCES

Rodgers Career Playoff Results:

Here are some interesting facts I see looking at Rodgers playoff numbers.

9 games
5-4 record
4-0 in the 2010 playoff run
1-1 vs Joe Webb Vikings
0-4 vs the others

in Domes:
3 300-yard games

in Outdoor games:
0 300-yard games

Had 4 touchdown passes in playoff loss at Arizona -in dome.
Has 4 touchdown passes total in last 3 playoff games, outdoors, vs SF, Min, @SF

His rating against the NYG, SF, and SF have been 78, 91, 97.
Not horrible, but those are pedestrian, and this is a team that everyone says has a chance to win because of him.
We all know the defense ain't going to lead us to the promised land. It has to be #12, an outdoors and against good defenses, it hasn't happened.

He was great, legendary, vs Atlanta and Pittsburgh, both in domes. He was sensational in Arizona, except for the first interception he threw that day, and the OT miss of Jennings deep, and then the pause-fumble-game over finish.

Can, will he be great again in the playoffs?
Can he be outdoors in our freezing climate, or are we better off playing wildcard games where the road takes us to domes like Atlanta and New Orleans again?

Shouldn't we just put a damn dome up over Lambeau quickly?

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 01-08-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Green Bay Packers have signed T Aaron Adams, CB Antonio Dennard, C Garth Gerhart, WR Alex Gillett, RB Orwin Smith, LB Chase Thomas, G Andrew Tiller and T Jeremy Vujnovich.

The biggest name on that list is Chase Thomas. He was a player I liked at Stanford and was surprised to see him go undrafted last April.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Green Bay Packers have signed T Aaron Adams, CB Antonio Dennard, C Garth Gerhart, WR Alex Gillett, RB Orwin Smith, LB Chase Thomas, G Andrew Tiller and T Jeremy Vujnovich.

The biggest name on that list is Chase Thomas. He was a player I liked at Stanford and was surprised to see him go undrafted last April.
Re: Chase Thomas

He was on a lot of underrated lists but hasn't been able to stick with the Saints, Raiders, or Falcons. I wouldn't have been upset if we had taken him with a late pick last April, so I'm a little surprised he hasn't caught on somewhere yet.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Shouldn't we just put a damn dome up over Lambeau quickly?
I hope you jest. That is just heresy.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Had 4 touchdown passes in playoff loss at Arizona -in dome.
Has 4 touchdown passes total in last 3 playoff games, outdoors, vs SF, Min, @SF

His rating against the NYG, SF, and SF have been 78, 91, 97.
Not horrible, but those are pedestrian, and this is a team that everyone says has a chance to win because of him.
We all know the defense ain't going to lead us to the promised land. It has to be #12, an outdoors and against good defenses, it hasn't happened.
The Giants and both 49ers teams had elite defenses the days we played them. Not good defenses, elite. The Giants passrush in those playoffs was brutal.

I agree we all hope Rodgers can overcome everything and be perfect.. but other guys need to step up. He can't be hurried 12 times, at least, in a playoff game and have his receivers not catching passes they should and put up crazy numbers. It's just not realistic.

This year was proof we need a more complete team. We have the pieces offensively to do that, but we need health and a few more pieces on D.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

See why you may own Capers an apology.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6241
Old 01-14-2014, 06:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pack lose QB coach Ben McAdoo to the Giants

He'll be their new OC. Congrats to him
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who gets the QB coach job? I'm thinking Edgar Bennett, just because it seems like we're grooming him for OC. Maybe even the head coach job if MM leaves for whatever reason. He's worked with the RB's and has done really well with the receivers (Jarrett Boykin, James Jones). Not to mention he's an ex-packer. He might be the perfect replacement.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I would favor Alex Van Pelt becoming the QB coach over Edgar, if we're addressing the vacancy internally.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would favor Alex Van Pelt becoming the QB coach over Edgar, if we're addressing the vacancy internally.
Such sophisticated verbage PF.

Or hiring from within.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:01 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Most of the Pack writers are saying it will likely be Van Pelt who becomes QB coach since he worked as one for prior teams

some speculate that Ahman Green would then take over as RB coach. Of course that's just writers random thoughts...but Van Pelt looks like the logical choice to shift to being QB coach
Old 01-14-2014, 10:27 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Congrats to Eddie Lacy
Old 01-15-2014, 12:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Lacy has been added to the Pro Bowl roster, replacing Adrian Peterson
Old 01-15-2014, 07:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

We need a lot of little things next season, nothing huge or a total overhaul.

But I want this guy back.
I want some good fortune with his health like... well nevermind. But give him 2 or 3 seasons here now without missing any significant time.

Dude is so much by far our best on defense.
Even with one hand, does this:

Old 01-15-2014, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We need a lot of little things next season, nothing huge or a total overhaul.

But I want this guy back.
I want some good fortune with his health like... well nevermind. But give him 2 or 3 seasons here now without missing any significant time.

Dude is so much by far our best on defense.
Even with one hand, does this:

It feels like Clay is due for a healthy year. Really, as much as our defense struggled this year a LOT of it came down to two areas; inconsistent pass rush and poor safety play.

With Clay back and, hopefully, one of those other guys taking a step (ie.. Perry, Daniels or Jones) it's not that hard to imagine us fixing those two problems this offseason.

If we have Heyward and Clay for a full season.. that's really the best possible thing that can happen for our D.

Also, can we give Lacy even more love? He fumbled ONCE this year, in his first game, despite seeing a significant workload and tons of 8 man fronts. This guy is going to be a star