Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2014, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was beating the drum on cutting Tramon back when last season started, but he finished the year strong. I would expect him to be back for this upcoming year, regardless of his price tag

Also, let's not act like the Pack aren't trying to bring Shields back. His agent is Rosenhaus, so it's not really surprising that they want to test the market. This isn't over yet and Shields could still be re-signed. Relax a bit, folks

TJ Ward and Jairus Byrd both hit the open market fwiw, which is delicious.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with that said, Pack need to adjust a bit on the amount of $$$. With the cap increasing by a good $10 mill this year, FA's are going to be getting a bit more money. It is what it is

they may feel Shields is only worth a little over $5 mill, but they need to understand there's no chance he signs for that. With Tramon on the last year of his deal, they should be more willing to go to $7 mill on Shields
Old 03-03-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
with that said, Pack need to adjust a bit on the amount of $$$. With the cap increasing by a good $10 mill this year, FA's are going to be getting a bit more money. It is what it is

they may feel Shields is only worth a little over $5 mill, but they need to understand there's no chance he signs for that. With Tramon on the last year of his deal, they should be more willing to go to $7 mill on Shields
Exactly.

Shields might not be worth that much but Grimes contract has set the market. Shields is younger, bigger and faster. He deserves an equal contract. He might not be as skilled but he's certainly not far off and he has more upside.

Like it or not, 7 mil a year with half of the contract guaranteed is the market for legit #1, non-elite corners.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:41 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Interesting

Quote:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 10m

Teams have a week to lock up FAs-to-be, and #Texans are working to do so with TE Garrett Graham. #Packers will have interest if he’s free

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8m

#Packers have been fans of TE Garrett Graham since he came out of Wisconsin. Fits their scheme. But we’ll see if he makes it to the market
Old 03-04-2014, 09:50 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Graham would be a decent fit. He's pretty good out of the backfield in an H-back role, but he isn't a great inline blocker. Not an explosive athlete, but solid and obviously a good receiver. As a Wisconsin fan I'd love to see him join the Packers, but as a GB fan I don't think he'd be much more than a role player.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Casey signed a 3 year, $12 million deal last off-season so I imagine Graham would be looking for a deal in that range.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the story posted on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...garrett-graham

Seems like the sort of free agent TT would covet. He's bound to come reasonably priced and fits the bill of the "ascending player" Thompson has mentioned time and again.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I projected my off-season back in late January or early Feb and had us LOSING Shields because I felt there would be at least ONE team who throws a HUGE $ at him, TT will be unwilling to pay. He's fiscally prudent. Not everyone else is.

But it's not over yet.

I want James Jones back too.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking jacked...

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bus Cook wasn't kidding when he said Brett looks like a blacksmith.

Old 03-04-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or the Gordon's Fisherman.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking that Santa has been hitting the weights.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:55 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Pack and Raji close on a 1yr deal

He has been regressing the past few years but I'm ok with this. No long term commitment/big money and now Raji should be extra motivated this season to try and get a big payday with a good year

all they need to do now is bring in another DLineman, Safety, ILB, re-sign Shields
Old 03-06-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

We should be getting BJ's best effort in 2014 so that is a plus with this deal.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 AM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how much do you think he will cost?? Considering we offered 8mil a year for a multi-year contract...I know his play was not nearly worth that but how much are we going have to pay him to sign a 1 year deal instead of going into FA and looking for a long term deal? i would be happy to pay 4-5mil and like you said hopefully get his best effort.
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
how much do you think he will cost?? Considering we offered 8mil a year for a multi-year contract...I know his play was not nearly worth that but how much are we going have to pay him to sign a 1 year deal instead of going into FA and looking for a long term deal? i would be happy to pay 4-5mil and like you said hopefully get his best effort.
I would guess it's in the 3 or 4 million range.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvns View Post
Who would have thought putting up a stinker season in a contract year would negatively affect your value in FA?

Purely speculation but my guess is that his agent has been having some informal discussions around the league and found out his value isn't quite what they thought it might be. So they are now willing to do a prove it year and go back into UFA after next season. I still don't see this working out long term but at least a one-year prove it deal provides time to get a replacement ready and like you said hopefully we get a highly motivated player this season.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:21 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I would guess it's in the 3 or 4 million range.
nailed it. Reportedly the offer is 1yr/$4 mill

he's "mulling" it over. Pack would be using him as an NT as well, which they should have been doing more anyway

I'm on board with this if he accepts. Knows the scheme, will be more motivated....could pay dividends.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely fine with this. His 2010 year was a long time ago but it's worth a flyer.

Now if only we'd up the ante with Shields before someone offers him a huge deal.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think we should take a shot a John Carlson?

I understand we have more pressing needs but could be a nice option at TE.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Anyone think we should take a shot a John Carlson?

I understand we have more pressing needs but could be a nice option at TE.
Carlson will be turning 30 in May, and I am not sure how much he has left to provide. When Rudolph went down this year, Carlson got a few opportunities but never really emerged as much of an option for the offensively challenged Queens.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh ****... I got him mixed up with Rudolph.

God damn ND TEs everywhere.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

A bit of speculation from nfl.com:

Best fit: Lamarr Houston to the Packers

General manager Ted Thompson is ready to open his checkbook for the first time in recent memory as the Packers retool their defensive line to add athleticism and versatility. Houston offers both qualities as a scheme-versatile lineman capable of stopping the run on early downs and kicking inside to rush the passer in nickel packages.

Lamarr Houston seems like he would fit as a 3-4 end perfectly. The bit about TT looking to "open the checkbook" is suspect, as we all know too well, but if we were to target a lineman we could do far worse than Houston. High effort player. He's legit and would set the tone for Daniels, Jones and friends.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

If Raji is coming back at 4 mil, no way we spend FA m po ney on a lineman. Jolly sounds likely to return and between them, Jones and Daniels it doesn't leave much room.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
If Raji is coming back at 4 mil, no way we spend FA m po ney on a lineman. Jolly sounds likely to return and between them, Jones and Daniels it doesn't leave much room.
Yeah, I agree. If Jolly does come back, we'll have Jones - Raji - Jolly with Daniels, Boyd and Worthy on the roster. I think they will avoid bringing in another proven, more costly player in hopes that the young guys take a big step forward.