Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-09-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the issue we run into with these 2nd tier guys is if they're really a better option than drafting someone. Free agency is a crap shoot as much as the draft and I'd rather we bring in a rookie with more upside than spend money on someone else's castoff.

I think Byrd, Ward, Whitner and maybe Clemons are the only safeties I see worth paying for.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can land Byrd, then I would be a big fan of the acquisition, but outside of him I don't want to play around in the free agent safety market. I like the safety talent in this draft and would rather invest using a pick in May.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW, Jimmie Ward ran an unofficial 4.47 at his Pro Day with a foot issue that he's going to have surgery to rectify.

If the top two guys aren't available at 21 he could be an option in round two.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Shazier ran a 4.38 at his pro day. Crazy . Unfortunately a horrendous fit for our defense.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL.com speculating that Packers are interested in Lamarr Houston and Arthur Jones. Been down this road before so not getting too excited, but either would be an excellent addition.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
NFL.com speculating that Packers are interested in Lamarr Houston and Arthur Jones. Been down this road before so not getting too excited, but either would be an excellent addition.
I'm really pretty meh on either as possible acquisitions. I think they're both overpriced for what they offer. If we could get one at 4 or 5 mil a year, hell yes, I'm on board, but both are shooting for 7 to 10 mil and someone will give it to them after the success the Seahawks had with Bennett.

We just spent 10 mil a year and have two more contracts coming up both around that much, spending another 8 mil a year on a primarily run stopping DE seems awfully silly to me.

Much better off going after one of the safeties. More bang for the buck, I think. Byrd is going to get 9-10 mil but Ward will probably get 5-7 mil and Clemons more like 4-6. Considering we have effectively no hope on roster at FS and at least we can hope Jones and/or Perry in an elephant role fills some of the DLine need.

But like I said, that all hinges on money. If we get Houstonn or Jones at 5-6 mil a year, I'm all for it.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Well what usually happens is they use our interest to drive up the price tag then Thompson bows out when it gets too rich.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

So.... what do you guys think is going to happen now that we're almost there?

I think Raji takes the deal. EDS is gone. Kuhn and Jolly are back. Quarless and Finley are gone. Jones is gone. No big signings.

That will leave us absolutely needing a safety(or two), center (probably tretter.draft or barclay) and tight end and very much seeking an ILB or two. Still not bad overall in terms of need. Also pretty good draft depth this year at those three positions. I like a lot of the safeties, several of the 3-4 ILBs and a number of TEs.

Dark Horse position would be us drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd. I could see that happening. Jordan Matthews in the 2nd would be really strong value.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect much to happen. After Bryant's deal with Jacksonville, I expect Raji to return and test the market next year.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Packers don't have a plethora of young talent nearing extensions so they should commit more money in the now to free agents.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go sign Revis!
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

The Packers extended the original pick tender to restricted free agent LB Jamari Lattimore. Lattimore will earn $1.431 million in 2014.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

With free agency less then a hour away do we make a big splash or do we wait it out like we always do?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Packers extended the original pick tender to restricted free agent LB Jamari Lattimore. Lattimore will earn $1.431 million in 2014.
Good move. I think he has upside and is a quality tackler.

No splashes. I just don't see it. A guy like Clemons if he doesn't get picked up before next week would be the biggest move I can imagine us making.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Ware just got released from the Cowboys. Imagine Ware and Clay reeking havoc together.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Ware just got released from the Cowboys. Imagine Ware and Clay reeking havoc together.
That would be pretty ridiculous. If only he wasn't going to get 12 mil a year somewhere...

Old 03-11-2014, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bears just scooped up Lamarr Houston.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones is apparently mullining offers from Lions, Browns and Packers
Old 03-11-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
James Jones is apparently mullining offers from Lions, Browns and Packers
Interesting. The Lions probably offer him the best opportunity to put up good stats. The Browns probably offered the most money. We offer the best qb, the best chance for a ring and the least money.

Old 03-11-2014, 04:26 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's got a ring and this is probably going to be his last significant contract, so he'll probably take the offer with the most guaranteed money. That's what I would do, anyway.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No splashes. TT will wait for bargains as he generally does.

If not Byrd there a few worth overpaying. Alex Mack would be worthwhile but Cleveland has the right to match any offer.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Broncos are signing former Browns S TJ Ward, per sources." -Schefter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...93841954668545

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Well. Shockingly enough we get no one. Haha.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Ward's deal with Denver is supposedly for $5.5 mill a year. That's a great deal for Denver if true

Vikes scoop up Linval Joseph
Old 03-11-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons restocked the cupboard as well - Solai and Jackson on the D Line, Asamoah on the O Line - Each contract in the 5-6 mil range.

A bit frustrating to not see Packers news coming across but that's Teddy's way.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote