Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2014, 08:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone has a problem with Neal returning. The problem lies in how are we going to compliment re-signing some of players. The team needs more impact players because as of right now our talent level is quite a distance from Seattle or San Francisco.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't think anyone has a problem with Neal returning. The problem lies in how are we going to compliment re-signing some of players. The team needs more impact players because as of right now our *talent level is quite a distance from Seattle or San Francisco*.
*on Defense.

Our talent level is clearly superior to both of those teams on offense.

The draft is how we're trying to catch up on defense. Byrd is getting a ridiculous amount of money. He was the only really big impact guy out there for us, I think. Arthur Jones and Houston aren't big, impact guys. Just aren't.

I do hope we sign Clemons, the safety version, but really we need to draft a starter safety, hopefully a starter ILB, and some solid role players and we should be okay (barring injuries.)

I'm as frustrated as anyone when we don't sign free agents but when you really look at it they're rarely a good answer.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Food for thought. Jordy's current contract is 4y/12.6m. Lions just signed Golden Tate for 5y/31m. It's going to take a lot of coin to keep Jordy and Cobb.
Jordy and Cobb are both worth more than Golden Tate. Buluga's up too next year and if he has a good year it should take a sack of coin to keep him.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Neal's deal is 2 years, $8M, including a $2.5M signing bonus. Has $1.6M tied up in per-game roster bonuses.

pretty reasonable. Neal will account for a little over $4 mill against the cap this year. Pack should have about $24 mill left in cap space

I'd expect Raji to re-sign to that 1yr prove it deal, then the Packers hand out extensions to Cobb and Jordy and that's the offseason

Last edited by BloodBrother : 03-13-2014 at 11:45 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Jordy and Cobb are both worth more than Golden Tate. Buluga's up too next year and if he has a good year it should take a sack of coin to keep him.
Is Bulaga worth keeping? He'll be locked in as the right tackle, if he wins the job, and he has proven to be no more than just a guy at tackle.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is Bulaga worth keeping? He'll be locked in as the right tackle, if he wins the job, and he has proven to be no more than just a guy at tackle.
I certainly don't think he's in line for a massive contract but you never know.

Neals deal is a bit more lucrative than I expected. We must have had to outbid someone. I expected more like 2 or 3 a year. Still, good life decision Packers.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing that Quarless re-signed too. Anyone have the details?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see them letting him go, if Bakhtiari continues to progress and especially if Sherrod shows he's fully recovered. It will likely be one of those tough decisions where they'd like to keep him but can't justify the cost when they have viable younger and cheaper alternatives on the roster.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
No details yet but I am glad he's back.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's a solid #2 TE so that's good. Hopefully the contract is cheap, he really doesn't deserve more than 2 mil a year max.

It seems like the Seahawks are going to get Finley if he's medically cleared so we still need to draft a #1 TE.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2yr deal is all I've seen so far
Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

I'm on the fence over whether I want Raji and/or EDS back. I suppose at the right price. Same thing with James Jones, it would have to be a short, cheap deal.

Still crossing my fingers that we're able to get Clemons on an inexpensive deal. The market is drying up for him and that's usually when we swoop in.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 03-13-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:05 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm on the fence over whether I want Raji and/or EDS back. I suppose at the right price. Same thing with James Jones, it would have to be a short, cheap deal.

Still crossing my fingers that we're able to get Clemons on an inexpensive deal. The market is drying up for him and that's usually when we swoop in.
EDS is a tough call. I have to believe that had Tretter not gotten injured this decision would be an easy one. But not having seen if Tretter can compete at this level and the only other viable option being converting Lang from guard to center I think they have to at least try.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:20 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Well if you are in the camp that wants to keep Raji this might be some good news.

Vince Wilfork has asked for his release from the Pats, if the market was already soft on Raji it might be getting even softer.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Well if you are in the camp that wants to keep Raji this might be some good news.

Vince Wilfork has asked for his release from the Pats, if the market was already soft on Raji it might be getting even softer.
Vince Wilfork will be 33 and is coming off of an Achilles tear so I don't think he'll influence Raji's market much.

New England may actually end up as fit for BJ if Wilfork is released. He has connections to the area and would play in a system that is more fitting to what he wants.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 03-13-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quarless deal is 2yrs/$3 million, $350K guaranteed
Old 03-13-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Quarless deal is 2yrs/$3 million, $350K guaranteed
Perfect money for a strong #2 TE.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could see them letting him go, if Bakhtiari continues to progress and especially if Sherrod shows he's fully recovered. It will likely be one of those tough decisions where they'd like to keep him but can't justify the cost when they have viable younger and cheaper alternatives on the roster.
Preinjury Buluga was one of the better right tackles in the league. I'm hoping he can return to form.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cheaper, sure. Younger? Bulaga will be 25 come next year's free agency. He's currently 24.

If he puts together another good season at RT, we'll pay him. They're very, very serious about protecting Rodgers and won't risk his health to be cheap. I absolutely guarantee you that.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Cheaper, sure. Younger? Bulaga will be 25 come next year's free agency. He's currently 24.

If he puts together another good season at RT, we'll pay him. They're very, very serious about protecting Rodgers and won't risk his health to be cheap. I absolutely guarantee you that.
Wow didn't realize he was still that young. Seems like he's been around forever. Well if they want to keep him they'd better do an in season extension once he's proven healthy because if he hits the open market I don't know that they'll be able to afford him.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Huh? When Bulaga has been healthy he's been more than " just a guy".

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Huh? When Bulaga has been healthy he's been more than " just a guy".
Bulaga is a plus run blocker but he struggles with pass protection. He's not a guy worth $6 or $7 million/year. He also going to have a ton to prove after landing on injured reserve both of the last two years.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:10 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Looks like the packers are takeing a look at Letroy Guion from the Viks. Dont kno much about this guy but on PFT they said he had a poor season.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Raji took the 1 year deal.

Really works out well for us. Supposedly going to be more of a pure nose tackle. Should be eager to earn a big deal after this major free agency let down. Let's not forget he was absolutely dominant in 2009 and 2010.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones and EDS both back at affordable rates at this point. The market is poor for both of them. Jones is still only the 4th or 5th best WR out there and EDS doesn't seem to be drawing a ton of attention.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 03-14-2014 at 02:48 PM.