Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 47.06%
I love it 36 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raji will need to be a leader on the defensive front, as there are so many young pieces around him. I like that he'll be back on the nose, like he should've been anyways, and we don't have a long term commitment.

I imagine that EDS is waiting for Mack to sign because his number will set the high end price for starting centers, and then EDS can cut his number in half (at least).

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDS signs with Tampa.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, EDS to Tampa Bay. Will be interesting to see what action is taken to fill this hole. Lots of cap room. A front loaded deal for Mack would be a very welcome surprise. But wishful thinking, I know.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Yes, EDS to Tampa Bay. Will be interesting to see what action is taken to fill this hole. Lots of cap room. A front loaded deal for Mack would be a very welcome surprise. But wishful thinking, I know.
I think most expected Tretter to start last year so I'd bank ok that. Clearly we don't overly value the center position. Only a 3.5 mil a year deal for EDS, too. We must have had some issue with him. That's not a lot of money.

I feel like we either didn't agree with him being a good center or we have some sort of plan in play for someone else. Maybe we do make a run at Mack? Or we have Puente rated higher and we think we can get him? Or we think Tretter is the man.

Still hoping we make a go at Clemons.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 03-14-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:51 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Pro Bowler

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Montgomery is out there as well. I doubt he's much worse than EDS, although older. Has been in Shanny's ZBS for while. I'm selfishly pulling for this as I have a guy who knows a guy connection to him that could maybe/possibly score tickets.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Will Montgomery is out there as well. I doubt he's much worse than EDS, although older. Has been in Shanny's ZBS for while. I'm selfishly pulling for this as I have a guy who knows a guy connection to him that could maybe/possibly score tickets.
You have a guy? Do you keep him on a leash? Ahem.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers so far:

-Kept Shields
-Kept Neal
-Kept Quarless
-Kept Raji

Lost EDS..... still waiting on James Jones, who I feel is crucial.
Looks like J-Mike88 will go to Seattle perhaps... I think he's done and I need to change my name.

Two holes there that have to be filled or we get worse, plus Jones perhaps.

Teddy is going to have to hit on a bunch of picks if we are to improve the results.
Rodgers can't do it all by himself, especially on defense.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Packers so far:

-Kept Shields
-Kept Neal
-Kept Quarless
-Kept Raji

Lost EDS..... still waiting on James Jones, who I feel is crucial.
Looks like J-Mike88 will go to Seattle perhaps... I think he's done and I need to change my name.

Two holes there that have to be filled or we get worse, plus Jones perhaps.

Teddy is going to have to hit on a bunch of picks if we are to improve the results.
Rodgers can't do it all by himself, especially on defense.
The Brightside is if we get even average health we basically have two draft classes coming in.

Bulaga and Heyward were two of our better players the year before, Matthews and Perry both missed time and were hindered by injuries, Raji should play at a much higher level, we can't get worse than MD Jennings (knock on wood,) etc.. Tretter has great upside.

Finley missing isn't a big hole. It's just not. He stopped being the same weapon when we started running the ball efficiently. Quarless, Bostick and a drafted TE should be very good for us.

We have four picks in the first three rounds and should be in position to add at least two impact starters. Most glaring needs would be safety, center, tight end, inside linebacker.

It's not that bad.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Jones. Love him.

Concrete hands now and then but he's tough and seems to come through with a huge play when it's needed. Strong enough to shed tackles and a true professional.

Interviews I saw on NFL Network this offseason have him speaking very highly of his team and his first choice would be to come back.

Boykin needs to develop and having Jones back might impede his progress but, given injuries, he'd be very welcome in the Packers' stable of receivers.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:36 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I agree with Jones. Love him.

Boykin needs to develop and having Jones back might impede his progress but, given injuries, he'd be very welcome in the Packers' stable of receivers.
Just seeing how our offense was in our elimination game against the 49ers, despite a great Eddie Lacy, one can't say our offense doesn't need some improvement. The Niners defense made our offense look average. Contained Rodgers again.

By losing James Jones, I don't see how we improve there. Heck, what are the odds Lacy lasts all the way thru the playoffs again anyway, on our team.
James Jones has been very reliable and durable. Strong, and pure class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
We have four picks in the first three rounds and should be in position to add at least two impact starters. Most glaring needs would be safety, center, tight end, inside linebacker.
Please remind me how we have 4 picks in 3 rounds. I seriously forgot... did we get awarded a 3rd rd comp for Jennings? I thought those aren't revealed until closer to the draft.

Anyway, filling glaring needs only thru the draft is not smart. Rarely do these guys provide instant upgrades. Thompson has not drafted well at safety or ILB. Terrell Manning was loved by him so much he traded up to select him.
He has drafted bad safeties as well. Nick Collins was a gem of a pick back in 2005, but even he was a liability for his first 2 years with all kinds of communication breakdowns back there and blown assignments.

This is the only reason I am tired of Thompson's free agency approach: he seems to be so arrogant that he thinks he can out-draft everyone. He ignores adding upgrades via free agency, like Denver, Seattle and San Francisco have done.... yet those teams still draft too. Some might say they draft better than Thompson too, in addition to filling holes with guys like Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Percy Harvin, Anquan Boldin, TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Wes Welker, etc.

Filling holes with proven NFL guys allows for greater flexibility in the draft. Not filling them in FA means more holes have to be used in the draft, and makes drafting true BPA is a compromise.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:32 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius Peppers ay.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Defensive Line:

LE Peppers
NT Raji
RE Datone Jones

That's three 1st round picks, talented guys.

Daniels, Worthy (who I think will get cut).. I wonder if Jolly will be back.
I think Pickett will be.
Old 03-15-2014, 08:44 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll see a lot more of a hybrid defense next year from the looks of it.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

PSYCHO PACKAGE coming soon:

Peppers, Daniels, Datone, Perry, Matthews, Neal.....
Old 03-15-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Both Peppers and Raji have always worn #90.
I think Raji should change. He needs a new # and new production.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:12 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6272

This guy is a special athlete, has not missed a start in his full 4-year Bears career.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:35 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Financials were solid. Smart.
And as Peter King tweeted STEALH Packers.... this was quiet, no rumors floating around... he was IN Green Bay....

I wonder if there's money left and another surprise left for this guy:

Chris Clemons, S, Dolphins. Age: 28.
Chris Clemons is a very good coverage safety who has missed only three games in the past four seasons. He'll be missed if the Dolphins can't re-sign him. -WalterFootball

Remember when Teddy got Woodson, he also got Pickett.
How about another double-play?
Pickett and Woodson were both former #1 picks, as Peppers was.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pumped about the Peppers signing....

The different combinations that they will be able to use are pretty amazing now. I will imagine we will see a heavy versions and light version. I would imagine they will use Peppers standing up and with his hand in the ground.

Peppers and Neal will allow Dom to truly create havoc.

Now, draft a safety and OLB in the early rounds, as well as an ILB and DL late, and our defense will have plenty of depth.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Financials were solid. Smart.
And as Peter King tweeted STEALH Packers.... this was quiet, no rumors floating around... he was IN Green Bay....

I wonder if there's money left and another surprise left for this guy:

Chris Clemons, S, Dolphins. Age: 28.
Chris Clemons is a very good coverage safety who has missed only three games in the past four seasons. He'll be missed if the Dolphins can't re-sign him. -WalterFootball

Remember when Teddy got Woodson, he also got Pickett.
How about another double-play?
Pickett and Woodson were both former #1 picks, as Peppers was.
Really would like Clemons, I think he is a Peprah type player (won't be flashy, but won't screw up).
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how I feel about the Peppers signing... Hopefully this is another Woodson like scenario.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The lack of guaranteed money makes it a good deal to me. If he's not worth the contract, they can just cut him. We have a ton of 2014 cap space and it's nice to see it's not going to waste.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it's essentially a 1yr deal and go from there. If he stinks it up, he's gone, if he plays well, they can keep him around

He wasn't good last season, so who knows how much he has left in the tank, but I want to see how GB plans to use him

They can now re-sign somebody like Jolly or CJ Wilson for a cheap deal + a FA Safety(if they are even going to)
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

!!!!!!

Have to say I'm blindsided. Did not even consider the possibility of Peppers.

I'm intrigued. 6-7, 290. He is on the long end of a 3-4 defensive end.

Seems to be a frontloaded deal in that TT is giving him a look to see if he fits the scheme, what he has left in the tank, and what sort of effort he's going to put forth.

Seems he will be a push rush specialist (sorely needed) but at 8.5 mil he's got to be an every down player.

This will be of great interest going forward.

Peppers. Wow.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:51 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Bears get MD Jennings and the Packers get Peppers

I'll take it. Good trade
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Wait, Peppers? Weird... isn't he 34 years old?

I'm not expecting much production and I find it an odd move. But the finances look fine. We're only taking a 3.5 mil salary cap hit with only 7.5 guaranteed so we can cut him next year with minimal effect if he sucks.

Still off seeing a 3 year 30 mil deal for Peppers when Ware got that same deal (with way more guaranteed, granted. )

I really don't expect much. I've never been a huge peppers fan honestly. I hope he can change that.

Brightside is he is amazing when motivated so I anticipate this clinches two wins over the Bears this year.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 03-15-2014 at 01:04 PM.