Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2014, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither Jones or EDS received a signing bonus, apparently, meaning their contracts aren't guaranteed. Very peculiar that we didn't match that. We must really, really have faith in Tretter and really, really disliked EDS.

Jones I understand a bit more but that still indicates we weren't even in play for him to stay..

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Neither Jones or EDS received a signing bonus, apparently, meaning their contracts aren't guaranteed. Very peculiar that we didn't match that. We must really, really have faith in Tretter and really, really disliked EDS.

Jones I understand a bit more but that still indicates we weren't even in play for him to stay..
EDS has $7.25 million guaranteed and Jones has $3.65 million guaranteed. Signing bonuses don't count against the cap and that doesn't necessarily mean the player didn't receive guaranteed money in their deal.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

Several things in play there I think. The pending contracts for Jordy and Cobb, not want to hinder the develop of Boykin (who seems a fine rising receiver), and, potentially, a player in the draft TT has his eye on.

That said I will miss Jones.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:18 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starks deal is 2yr/$3.166 million with only $750K guaranteed

absolute bargain considering we just saw Toby Gerhart get $10.5 mill with $4.5 million guaranteed earlier this offseason.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Starks deal is 2yr/$3.166 million with only $750K guaranteed

absolute bargain considering we just saw Toby Gerhart get $10.5 mill with $4.5 million guaranteed earlier this offseason.
That puts it in perspective.
HolyShit, who gave WhiteThunder Toby that much money?
Old 03-21-2014, 07:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That puts it in perspective.
HolyShit, who gave WhiteThunder Toby that much money?
Jacksonville did.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newhouse signed with Cinci. Now that is what you call addition by subtraction.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sounding good for Finley.

Reminds me of Collins. Lots of hope to hear official word and then time just continued to pass with no word until the season started.

Teams can't leak their medical results and I'm sure Finley is trying to find someone who will clear him. But I bet his career is over.

I hope I'm wrong, very sad, but it's not looking good.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Newhouse signed with Cinci. Now that is what you call addition by subtraction.
Hell yeah. Glad he found a home but Newhouse never lived up to his opportunities.

Regarding Finley: NFL Network is reporting Finley is at least 2 months away from being medically cleared to play. I thinking 2 months if at all. Spinal fusion surgery is no joke, especially for a player making his living in the middle of the field.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finley
Jolly
Collins
Terrance Murphy (don't forget about him, he may have been as good as James Jones or Greg Jennings..... never will know.)
Sterling Sharpe
Old 03-22-2014, 05:24 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Finley
Jolly
Collins
Terrance Murphy (don't forget about him, he may have been as good as James Jones or Greg Jennings..... never will know.)
Sterling Sharpe
So many play makers that had there career cut short. I still am pissed about Collins to this day guy was a absolute stud probably the best safety in the NFL at the time of his injury. And we've had nothing but problems at safety ever since.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:11 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
So many play makers that had there career cut short. I still am pissed about Collins to this day guy was a absolute stud probably the best safety in the NFL at the time of his injury. And we've had nothing but problems at safety ever since.
I know it's ********.
He was better then Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu, and was just entering his prime and finally making a bit of a name for himself, well deserved.

And his career ended 2 games after that in Carolina because fat ass Jon Stewart tried to hurdle him. That's it.

Reed & Polamalu have been able to play over a decade with no injury like that.
Earl Thomas will be able to.

Why us?

Sterling Sharpe was putting up numbers right there with Jerry Rice, drafted just a year apart.
Which guy's career ended because of injury about 10 years before the other one?

If there is a football god, for us it's been the devil, except for Favre's durability.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Speculation on the Packers signing Mark Sanchez:

The Packers have ignored their backup spot for far too long. For all his faults, Sanchez is superior to the noodle-armed Matt Flynn, who has yet to be re-signed. Scott Tolzien showed flashes last season, but Sanchez would give Green Bay a former starter with playoff experience. If it's not Sanchez, the Packers remain on the hook to grab a strong No. 2 behind Aaron Rodgers.

This actually seems plausible and I could see the Packers making this sort of signing. Now would Sanchez accept a backup role in Green Bay?
Old 03-24-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

The Packers have ignored their backup spot for far too long. For all his faults, Sanchez is superior to the noodle-armed Matt Flynn, who has yet to be re-signed. Scott Tolzien showed flashes last season, but Sanchez would give Green Bay a former starter with playoff experience. If it's not Sanchez, the Packers remain on the hook to grab a strong No. 2 behind Aaron Rodgers.

This actually seems plausible and I could see the Packers making this sort of signing. Now would Sanchez accept a backup role in Green Bay?
There's some logic to it, but I have to believe he'd rather go somewhere where he might have at least a long shot of winning the job.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 AM    (permalink
OCGMAN
Rookie

OCGMAN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

I think it would be good for Both sides. Sanchez is talented but there is very small chance he would want to play in Green Bay. I thought Arizona(backing up fellow USC Alum Palmer) or Oakland(QB Void) would be his preference. He could still be a starter in this league.
It is interesting that none of the teams picking in the Top Ten in this draft, who could use a starting QB seemed to be interested. It could mean either #1) they are looking at drafting a QB very early or #2) they don't think much of the Sanchize.
OCGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

Vandermause is reporting that the Packers will receive 3rd and 5th round compensatory picks for the FA losses of Greg Jennings and Erik Walden.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news!

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn that's amazing.

Maybe a rare trade-up as a result somewhere along the line? They'd be wise to go for it with Peppers on board and the offense about as perfectly constructed age/continuity-wise as it could be.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:44 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Damn that's amazing.

Maybe a rare trade-up as a result somewhere along the line? They'd be wise to go for it with Peppers on board and the offense about as perfectly constructed age/continuity-wise as it could be.
I'd be perfectly cool with trading up if an opportunity presented itself. I doubt it happens, but it'd be fun.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
OCGMAN
Rookie

OCGMAN hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Need to trade down even more. With the 3rd Round Comp Pick #98, if we trade our 1st for a 2nd and a 3rd we could have 5 picks in the top 100 of a very deep draft. TT is very hit and miss w 1st rounders, rather increase his odds w more choices in the Top 100.

There is not much difference in the quality of players after about the top 15.
OCGMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I think had we had Sanchez last year, we would have won a few more games when Godgers went down.

Still, we would have lost to San Francisco.... because we needed Matthews.
And Rodgers to play better.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Vandermause is reporting that the Packers will receive 3rd and 5th round compensatory picks for the FA losses of Greg Jennings and Erik Walden.
That is great news.

Word is Sanchez is close to signing in Philadelphia. No movement on Flynn. Wonder what TT's plan is. Last year had to have been a wake up call.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
That is great news.

Word is Sanchez is close to signing in Philadelphia. No movement on Flynn. Wonder what TT's plan is. Last year had to have been a wake up call.
With the numbers Foles put up last year, I can't imagine Sanchize thinking he's gonna start there.

As for TT and Flynn, what's the rush?
Who else is going to take a chance on him as a possible starter? Nobody outside of the CFL.
Just wait on him and get him rock bottom cheap.

I wonder if Pickett will be back for the Vet's minimum.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Quote:

I wonder if Pickett will be back for the Vet's minimum.
Hope so. He's durable, veteran savvy, and would be a more than capable backup to Raji on the nose.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So happy with the comp picks results

pick #98 and #176. 4 in the top 100 in a deep draft. Me likey