Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How good is Mike Daniels?

Good enough to be a Top-10 pick in this draft?
Check out these high ceiling kind of comparisons....

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...norris-top-150
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How good is Mike Daniels?

Good enough to be a Top-10 pick in this draft?
Check out these high ceiling kind of comparisons....

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cf...norris-top-150
I have always agreed with the Daniels comparison for Donald, and that's why I struggle with him as such a highly regarded prospect. Yes, he will have his moments getting after the quarterback but I see a liability against the run.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Packers are not picking up 2015 option on Sherrod
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:15 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
Packers are not picking up 2015 option on Sherrod
The majority of teams HAVE.

This is just further evidence of us not getting anything from our 2011 first rounder.
Of course, 95% of that is due to the terrible injury in Kansas City his rookie season, that fateful game that both ended our dream perfect season, and ended our so-called possibly dynasty that was all the rage for the previous 10 months.

FuckingInjuriez.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers reportedly working on a contract extension with Mike McCarthy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...king-extension

Thompson and McCarthy are the longest tenured GM-coach pair in the league. It appears that will remain so.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

U guys wanna start guessing who r 1st round pick is gonna be?
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, quiet in here.

I've been seeing Jimmie Ward to Green Bay a lot, but I'm not sure where that link between us started. Was there some sort of report that we liked him recently? I don't have any strong opinions on the safety class since it's hard to get a read on any defensive back with broadcast tape, so I'm just going to sit back and hope Ted finds someone he likes early at the position.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Boy, quiet in here.

I've been seeing Jimmie Ward to Green Bay a lot, but I'm not sure where that link between us started. Was there some sort of report that we liked him recently? I don't have any strong opinions on the safety class since it's hard to get a read on any defensive back with broadcast tape, so I'm just going to sit back and hope Ted finds someone he likes early at the position.
The Packers' need for a safety and Ward being widely acclaimed the third best safety lead to the match.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Packers' need for a safety and Ward being widely acclaimed the third best safety lead to the match.
Ok. I thought there might have been talk that we particularly liked him, which would surprise me given the way the Green Bay front office does business. Obviously, us taking the best available safety in the first round is pretty simple prediction. I was just curious if there was anything more to that.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Ok. I thought there might have been talk that we particularly liked him, which would surprise me given the way the Green Bay front office does business. Obviously, us taking the best available safety in the first round is pretty simple prediction. I was just curious if there was anything more to that.
I think Ted Thompson is the only one who has any clue as to how the Packers will approach tomorrow night.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:04 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Ted Thompson is the only one who has any clue as to how the Packers will approach tomorrow night.
And I love that. The Packers have actually been fairly easy to predict in the first round by just going off common sense, but Thompson is as good as anyone at not tipping his hand.

Old 05-07-2014, 03:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like TT rarely falls in love with a particular player, which is why the trade-ups don't happen often. Pretty much every year it seems like he has a list of guys he'd take and when the pick comes he looks to move back if the price is right. If he doesn't get any offers he likes he takes the guy at the top of his list.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Thompson will do all he can to trade back and pick up additional picks. Failing that he'll stick to his board and take best available (save quarterback), hoping one of the blue chips fall. He's always got a eye years down the road. Given that Williams is in the last year of his deal I will not be at all surprised to see a corner taken.

As to who he will take it's anyone's guess and usually a surprise, especially in the later rounds. I'll be spending a portion of Saturday reading up on players I've only heard about in the loosest of terms.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
I'm thinking Thompson will do all he can to trade back and pick up additional picks. Failing that he'll stick to his board and take best available (save quarterback), hoping one of the blue chips fall. He's always got a eye years down the road. Given that Williams is in the last year of his deal I will not be at all surprised to see a corner taken.

As to who he will take it's anyone's guess and usually a surprise, especially in the later rounds. I'll be spending a portion of Saturday reading up on players I've only heard about in the loosest of terms.
LMAO... ain't that the truth.
Like Jerron McMillain from Maine.
Nick Collins from Bethune-Cookman.
James Jones from San Jose St.
Justin Harrell... even though big school, hadn't read anything about him before that shocker.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Nick Collins, Cornerback, 5-11, 206

I was looking back at the NFLDraftScout stuff and other rankings, ratings, from the 2005 Draft.
For us, it was Teddy Thompson's first draft, and his first 2 picks became Hall of Fame quality players:

Aaron Rodgers
Nick Collins

But what even I didn't know, since I never heard of him before we drafted him, was that he was a projected cornerback, out of Bethune-Cookman.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2005&genpos=CB

Look at his numbers, no wonder.... he had elite speed.

http://nflcombineresults.com/playerp...Collins&i=7072

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/551584

Negatives … More of a grabber than a striker when tackling in run support … Does not get a good jump coming back to fill the running lanes … Plays too deep in centerfield and has to hurry in order to make plays in front of him … Concentration tends to wander when he is not immediately in the play … Takes some false steps coming out of his backpedal on deep routes … Can be fooled by head fakes and play action … Struggles in run support come mostly because he takes poor angles to the ball … Despite his size, he can be overpowered by the bigger backs near the line of scrimmage … Needs to stay more alert to the receiver's double moves and will blow a coverage …. Might have problems with the mental aspect of the game (struggles to digest a complicated playbook).

Positives … Has very good overall muscle development, V-shaped upper torso, with broad shoulders and chest … Adequate in man coverage, mirroring the receiver's moves while maintaining position as the play develops … Effective jamming his man in press coverage … Allows little cushion off the line of scrimmage and shows above average straight-line speed and adequate change of direction … Shows some looseness in his hips, turning fluidly coming out of his backpedal … Will play the ball in the air, keeping eye contact on the pass and a hand on the receiver … Has the acceleration to run ball carriers down … Adjusts and times his jumps to get to the ball at its high point, showing natural hands to extend away from the body's frame in order to make the interception … Still a work in progress as a tackler, but does stay low making wrap-up tackles in space … His straight-line acceleration, leaping ability and marginal play recognition skills could see him shift outside to cornerback in the pros (plays the man better than the ball).
Old 05-07-2014, 07:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Keith McGill, who has better size than Collins, may be the type of player projected as a corner who could be shifted to safety.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:18 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

Bingo. Reminds me when they took Cobb despite having a good collection of WR's and had needs elsewhere. Took an explosive player because a yr from that point Greg Jennings was a FA and Driver was old.

this draft is all over the place, so I have no clue where TT might be leaning. If the S or ILB they want isn't there, do they trade down? Do they stand pat and draft a CB

I'm just glad the draft is finally here to find out
Old 05-16-2014, 11:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Packers giving Colt Lyerla a tryout.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:55 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That really surprises me. That said, he's an elite athlete and could be a matchup nightmare if he can keep his head on straight.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:48 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nice. Unless he somehow gets half the rookie class hooked on cocaine, I see no downside here.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never thought they'd be the ones to kick the tires on him but can't hurt.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. That's a shocker.

The dude went completely off his rocker but he was my #1 TE before he did. Great all around skillset; elite speed for a TE, punishing runner, blocks well, catches well.

If he actually is off the nose candy he could be a Burfict type steal.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
The dude went completely off his rocker but he was my #1 TE before he did.
Ahead of Ebron really?

Let's take a look at Colt for a second:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRPYyjMwyyM

This most recent one was from about 7 months ago.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-Mike, wasn't Ebron pretty much universally considered to be behind ASJ and Lyerla before the season?

The thing I love about giving Lyerla a shot is how easy it is to rid ourselves of him if he isn't performing or if he screws up at all.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yeah, there's no risk on GB's part but potential massive upside

also somewhat to note, apparently the Packers still had Finley's nameplate on his locker today but Jolly and Pickett's were removed