Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-2014, 09:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just flew back to Texas today, spent yesterday on the Zippin Pippin.
Hate to be that close to the Mecca that is Lambeau and not see a Packers game.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Just flew back to Texas today, spent yesterday on the Zippin Pippin.
Hate to be that close to the Mecca that is Lambeau and not see a Packers game.
Did you stop by the stadium at all to see the changes they're making?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Did you stop by the stadium at all to see the changes they're making?
Dammit I didn't get time, this thing was a 100% family thing revolved around the loss (funeral) of our best person in the family.

I have these football trips already on the books:

-Aug 28, to Phoenix, Fantasy Football Draft & Golf Tourney

-December 12, to Buffalo, Bills game in corporate suite

-Super Bow, in Glendale AZ, tickets obtained already

But I really really want to get to Lambeau for a game there as I haven't been to a game there since McCarthy's first ever game, a home opener blowout shutout loss to the Bears.

Flights cost too much to go so often.....would love to go to Carolina game October 19th or Vikings October 2nd.
Hard living in Dallas, although we have had a few high moments in this stadium the past few years :-)
Old 07-09-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry for your loss, J-Mike.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Thanks PF,

Said it before the draft> http://packersinsider.com/2014/04/sa...t-for-packers/

Also, this> http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...-derek-sherrod
Old 07-11-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ement-ceremony

Favre's jersey retirement will not happen this year. Are there really Pack fans out there that would still boo?

I, for one would not. We've won a SB and had several good seasons since. No hard feelings remain, and I'd most likely bust out the #4 jersey if I had a chance to go. I'd love to have him be apart of the franchise again.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:22 AM    (permalink
DavelinaJolie
Rookie

DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DavelinaJolie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi guys,

Ravens fan here, I was just wondering if there was any news on Abbrederis and how he is going to figure into the packers plans going forward.

Cheers!
DavelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:42 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavelinaJolie View Post
Hi guys,

Ravens fan here, I was just wondering if there was any news on Abbrederis and how he is going to figure into the packers plans going forward.

Cheers!
I actually haven't heard a whole lot coming out about how he has looked but he should be competing for the 4th or 5th WR spot and hopefully contribute quite a bit on special teams this year. If he can stay healthy, I really think he's going to be a big part of the receiving corps in the future.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:40 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I still don't like Farve, but I don't hate him anymore.
Let him wait awhile, like Rodgers had to wait awhile.

I'd personally let him wait til Rodgers career is over.
What's the rush?
Why the rush to turn back the clock?
Focus on, enjoy the current team, QB.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

PF28, the more I listen to Morgan Burnett, the more I sway to your side about him not being very good.
I'm not fond of his attitude, is culpability, his accountability.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/...&post_id=38801
Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Jermichael just tweeted "Let's Try this Again #GreenBay"

wonder if he's headed back to GB

edit: there's nothing behind the tweet, just an appointment tomorrow

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-17-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
PF28, the more I listen to Morgan Burnett, the more I sway to your side about him not being very good.
I'm not fond of his attitude, is culpability, his accountability.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/...&post_id=38801
Quote:
Opposing quarterbacks had a passer rating of 135.8 when throwing into Morgan Burnett's coverage in 2013.
This will be Burnett's fifth season in this defensive scheme and at some point the excuses and optimism have to cease and the team will have to come to grips with the reality that Burnett is not the player the team thinks he is. And if the team feels that Burnett's abilities haven't been maximized then we need to re-evaluate how we're developing our young safeties.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:37 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Could this 2014 team.... 2011..... http://goo.gl/IG393k

By the way, I am still bitter:

Sterling Sharpe
Nick Collins
Jermichael Finley
Johnny Jolly

And don't forget about Terrance Murphy

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 07-22-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ojected-roster

I would be surprised to see those 15 players kept within the front 7...Peppers and Neal can give us flexibility with where they play...Worthy and Guion both making it would be a surprise

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-19-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:11 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ojected-roster

I would be surprised to see those 15 players kept within the front 7...Peppers and Neal can give us flexibility with where they play...Worthy and Guion both making it would be a surprise
I can't see Worthy making the team.
I admit I was wrong because when we took him, I got on board and was 100% sold, committed.

But he's never done anything.
I'm scared to look at who else we could have drafted instead of him.
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Less than three weeks till our first preseason game!

Old 07-22-2014, 08:30 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Where have all the Packer fans gone?
Old 07-22-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd imagine just waiting for the players to get on the field again. There's only so much discussion that can be done about speculation... I'm ready for the hitting to start!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Where have all the Packer fans gone?
Not really sure.

The forum as a whole takes a dive in the summer.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah until training camp starts there isn't much to talk about other than the manufactured stories to get everyone to watch ESPN and NFLN.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmG6376 View Post
Yeah until training camp starts there isn't much to talk about other than the manufactured stories to get everyone to watch ESPN and NFLN.
Well, here's something. I just wrote and posted.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6389

Have at it.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

#1- Also, I think Carl Bradford will be the Packers Rookie of the Year.

I don't think Davonte will have as much impact, nor will Ha-Ha.
But as much as I think Perry is good, he's just not healthy enough.
I won't expect that to change.
And when Carl gets his chance, I see him breaking QB's heads and getting into the backfield and wreaking some havoc.

Hopefully, he sledge-hammers Russ Wilson in week one, and then Mike Vick in week two.

I see him making a name for himself in week one on NBC Night as Randall Cobb did 3 years ago on NBC opening night vs the Saints.

I talked to my buddy who lives in Phoenix and was an ASU grad. He said he loves Bradford. Of course, he's a Viking fan so he's not happy about us getting him.
I don't know why Carl flew under the radar so much, he's good. He has skills on par with Nick Perry. I think we'll see that early.

#2- What is it about the Pac Ten, West Coast for the Packers?
Rodgers, Matthews, Datone Jones, Nick Perry, all 1st round picks from the Pac Ten.
James Jones, Davonte Adams also west coast WRs.... Desmond Bishop, Richard Rodgers, Carl Bradford, Colt Lyerla, Jonathon Franklin (dammit)...

#3- Rajion Neal is good. Good enough to do well in the NFL. We have him. Reports out of Green Bay early were that he looked very impressive. Which we already knew if we watched Tennessee.
I love DuJuan Harris though.....

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 07-22-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Jordy Nelson is seeking a contract of at least $10 million annually. I would guess he'd like his deal framed similarly to Mike Wallace's 5 years, $60 million deal ($30 million guaranteed).

Old 07-24-2014, 06:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Jordy Nelson is seeking a contract of at least $10 million annually. I would guess he'd like his deal framed similarly to Mike Wallace's 5 years, $60 million deal ($30 million guaranteed).
Roddy White just signed a lucrative extension today.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Nick Perry and Mike Neal are both on the active/PUP list...surprise surprise