Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2014, 08:16 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Nick Perry and Mike Neal are both on the active/PUP list...surprise surprise
Is there anyway we can just put Perry in protective bubble wrap, until December?
Hopefully get 6 games out of him into the playoffs?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pack extended Jordy Nelson for 4yr/$39 million, $14.2 million guaranteed and an $11.5 million signing bonus

Stoked about this. Next up is Randall Cobb

Quote:
Nick Perry and Mike Neal are both on the active/PUP list...surprise surprise
This is why I didn't want the Pack re-signing Neal. This team has battled a ton of injuries over the years...why bring back one of the guys who is the posterboy for the the injuuuuureeeeez. At least we know football is back, seeing updates about these 2 already being hurt. No surprise at all

Last edited by BloodBrother : 07-26-2014 at 11:56 AM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:34 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty happy with the Jordy contract. He's worth the money and he signed his last contract right before he broke out, so he's been underpaid for the last couple years. He's produces like a top-10 WR and now he's paid like it.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:23 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Pro Bowler

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Similar contract to Roddy White at least on the surface. That's a win for the Packers because IMO Jordy > Roddy at this stage.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a feeling among Packers insiders that Randall Cobb will be difficult to lock up long term.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:19 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's a feeling among Packers insiders that Randall Cobb will be difficult to lock up long term.
Cobb has not achieved what he or the team has felt he would by now.
His overall "productivity".

He wants to get paid as if he has, or on his potential.
The Packers want to save money and pay him closer to as he has produced.

It's possible this deal will wait a year, as I actually expect.

If Cobb avoids the cheap shots to the knee and plays 16 games, he WILL produce big numbers and he will get a big deal next summer.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Cobb has not achieved what he or the team has felt he would by now.
His overall "productivity".

He wants to get paid as if he has, or on his potential.
The Packers want to save money and pay him closer to as he has produced.

It's possible this deal will wait a year, as I actually expect.

If Cobb avoids the cheap shots to the knee and plays 16 games, he WILL produce big numbers and he will get a big deal next summer.
Cobb is entering his contract year and will be the #2 option in one of the league's top attacks. I think right now he's worth $6 million/year, but if he goes out and puts up 100+ catches, then he's going to be looking at $10+ million/year in a new deal. That type of deal would be too rich for Green Bay.

Not counting Jordy's new deal, the Packers already have over $120 million eaten up on their 2015 salaries. The projection is for around $140 million cap in 2015 so that doesn't leave the Packers a ton of wiggle room with how things stand right now.

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-27-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:14 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

The Packers tried to ink Cobb to a team-friendly contract, as they did with Jordy last time, and James Jones last time.

Cobb has considered this, knowing full-well that if he takes another cheap shot to the knee and is knocked out, he's not going to be able to command that much next year again. But he likes his chances to put up a big year and cash-out.

I've heard from someone that knows him from Kentucky that he wouldn't mind becoming Cam Newton's #1 in Carolina. I don't know if they have any connection, but I know they were both SEC studs. But didn't Cam only play one year there?
Oh yeah, he was at Florida before Auburn.

Love Cobb, and wish we'd be able to extend him for between what he wants from a big year, and what we want to pay him off a down (injured) year.

The team invested heavily in WRs this draft, so they are trying to cover themselves in case..... Cobb is special though.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Sean Richardson is having a strong camp so far. I feel health is the biggest hurdle that could prevent him from being the team's best safety.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Pro Bowler

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Hyde's ability to cover the slot I think we will likely see some 3 safety looks with either Clinton-Dix or Richardson sliding into Hyde's deep position.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sounds like Bostick is off to a good start, and Colt Lyerla isn't. I could see TE going: Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers; and Lyerla on the PS.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

So far, good news. No big news. Equals no big injuries.
Sean Lee, Kiko Alonso, Kendall Hunter.... keep that **** away from us for once.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:17 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
It sounds like Bostick is off to a good start, and Colt Lyerla isn't. I could see TE going: Quarless, Bostick, Rodgers; and Lyerla on the PS.
Bostick was coming on last year before getting injured. With Finely gone I figured he was possibly the best of the "move" TEs on the roster, but McCarthy made some comments about the quality of his blocking a couple of weeks ago. That I did not expect.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I was excited when we added Lyerla.
Something about him doesn't "look right" to me.
Time will tell.

Does the NFL test for just marijuana?
Or coke too?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
I was excited when we added Lyerla.
Something about him doesn't "look right" to me.
Time will tell.

Does the NFL test for just marijuana?
Or coke too?
The league does an intensive test for any foreign substance that may be in a player's body.

Colt has shown much, which leads me to think that he could land on the practice squad.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
The league does an intensive test for any foreign substance that may be in a player's body.

Colt has shown much, which leads me to think that he could land on the practice squad.
has or has not shown much?
I haven't seen anything, or read much good work yet from him.... albeit is very early.
Old 07-30-2014, 04:33 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
has or has not shown much?
I haven't seen anything, or read much good work yet from him.... albeit is very early.
I meant has not

Old 07-30-2014, 09:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
From Demovsky today/yesterday at ESPN

Quote:
Who needs Finley?: Everything Richard Rodgers has done since the Packers drafted him in the third round this offseason suggests he will be the team's most productive tight end in the passing game. He stood out in the OTA and minicamp and has done the same so far in training camp.
But is it enough to make the Packers forget about Jermichael Finley, who remains a free-agent awaiting medical clearance to return from last year's neck surgery?
Rodgers gives the Packers the same type of athletic presence as a receiving tight end, but he remains unproven as a blocker.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:00 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Old 07-30-2014, 09:55 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Ted Thompson signed a multi-year extension, saying he'd be "Nuts to walk away."
Old 07-30-2014, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Pro Bowler

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...268830021.html

Quote:
Lyerla has bulked up to 260 pounds, or 18 more than he weighed Feb. 27 when he ran 4.58 and worked out exceptionally well at the combine. Lyerla weighed 254 on March 12 when he performed the broad jump at Portland State's pro day.

I hope that he was asked to add the weight and it's not just him slacking.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:46 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Default Fan Survey

I have some POLL QUESTIONS for PACKER NATION HERE>
Let me hear your opinions as you guys here are smarter than our average fans.

http://packersinsider.com/?p=6397
Old 07-31-2014, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Pro Bowler

Neal and Perry back at practice today. Neal is down to the "mid 260s". I was hoping he'd drop more weight in the offseason having the benefit of knowing he'd be playing LB this year. I'm intrigued to see what he looks like at that weight.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Packers have some good depth at the moment, at RB, OT, OLB, and even S.

http://packersinsider.com/

Hope it lasts as long as possible.......
Old 08-01-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some news floating around(but nothing confirmed) that Abbrederis might have torn his ACL yesterday

he didn't practice today but was on the sidelines, with a sleeve on his knee, playing catch with Janis and doing some light jogging, etc

When MM was asked about the injury, he just said it was a "knee" and wouldn't go into any more specifics. When pressed again on if it's ACL/MCL, etc, he got pissy and just repeated what he said earlier about how he doesn't have all the information.

So, assuming the news is legit, only took what? 4 practices before the team suffers a major injury. Par for the course with this team
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote