Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know much about Davante Adams before the draft, but I figured Ted hasn't screwed up on a 2nd round WR yet, so he's probably going to be a good one.

Abbrederis was also making some noise before he got injured. Hopefully it's not an ACL. And something about Janis's unspecified illness gives me a bad feeling. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Last edited by WCH : 08-01-2014 at 02:23 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Janis has shingles. Don't hear that everyday for a football player injury/illness

and now we finally have a story citing a source that Abby tore his ACL

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packe...269587251.html

welp, there's 1 down already after just a week into camp.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-01-2014 at 03:17 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Janis has shingles. Don't hear that everyday for a football player injury/illness

Well that explains why they claimed that WR off waivers.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:24 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it sucks that Abbrederis tore his ACL. I guess at least we can stash him on IR and see what we have with our other WRs...
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:07 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stash him on IR and dude can work on bulking up a bit. Looked like a stick compared to the rest of the WR's
Old 08-01-2014, 06:44 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, before we even get to a pre-season game where opponents are going to be trying to crush our guys.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:01 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Well crap. My mom has had shingles for three years. I know somebody else who had it for 10 years. It shouldn't threaten his career or anything, but it will probably be a huge pain in the ass for him.
Old 08-02-2014, 09:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone go or watch tonight?
Old 08-02-2014, 09:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Anyone go or watch tonight?
I'm on my honeymoon otherwise I would've watched

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm on my honeymoon otherwise I would've watched
At least you're HERE!

Very impressive... everyone rep PF28 now dammit. Congrats Adam!

Here's some info> http://www.packers.com/index-chat.html
Old 08-03-2014, 05:37 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

heh, honeymoon for pfielder and im partying with buds for a bachelor party(im not the one getting married)

so i missed it as well, and here i am drunk off my ass at 3:30 am reading through stuff on twitter from the writers as everybody else is passed out on the floor. Looks like Lylera got hurt after making a catch and leapin over a defender. Got carted off the field and was on crutches in the lockerroom

honestly, wouldnt be bad if he was done for hte year. They can stash him on IR rather than on the PS(where a tea mcould snathc him up)

place him on IR(assuming its a serious injury) and let him continue development

anybody know if NFL netowrk will be airing the family night? They used to in the past
Old 08-03-2014, 03:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Richardson continues to get high praise from those around the team.

Old 08-03-2014, 08:37 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers making an announcement about Favre tomorrow. Huzzah!
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:25 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

They will retire the old man's #4 jersey next season.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sean Richardson continues to get high praise from those around the team.
He's done well.
Hyde has done well.
Maybe we shouldn't have drafted Haha.
I heard we wanted Shazier.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
He's done well.
Hyde has done well.
Maybe we shouldn't have drafted Haha.
I heard we wanted Shazier.
Eh, we're one injury away from needing HaHa, and he apparently started getting some first team reps the other day in practice.

Anyway, I was pretty sure we were targeting him two weeks before the draft when he tweeted a picture of himself in a Packers t-shirt.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
They will retire the old man's #4 jersey next season.
Yup. In 2015 they're retiring his number and inducting him into the Packers Hall Of Fame, right before he goes into the Pro Football Hall Of Fame.

Our prodigal son has returned.

Last edited by WCH : 08-04-2014 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I don't care about Favre
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Everyone has the right to feel how they do towards Brett but I think too many people focus on the last three years of his career as opposed to the outstanding 17 years in Green Bay and bringing the franchise back to relevancy and the top.

Old 08-04-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I moreso want the stuff to get done with because we have to hear about it every year

just retire his jersey and be done with it. The FO fears that some fans will boo him, so they keep trying to wait and wait. He's gonna be booed by some and waiting won't change that, but it'll be overshadowed by the cheers, so just get it done

I don't hate the guy nor do I like the guy. He was a big part of the rise of this org, no doubt about that...and was my favorite player growing up by far, but he was also a vindictive ass hole who undermined the team and was a big drama queen.

He changed in the early 2000's IMO. Sherman allowing him to do whatever he wanted likely didn't help
Old 08-04-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I moreso want the stuff to get done with because we have to hear about it every year

just retire his jersey and be done with it. The FO fears that some fans will boo him, so they keep trying to wait and wait. He's gonna be booed by some and waiting won't change that, but it'll be overshadowed by the cheers, so just get it done

I don't hate the guy nor do I like the guy. He was a big part of the rise of this org, no doubt about that...and was my favorite player growing up by far, but he was also a vindictive ass hole who undermined the team and was a big drama queen.

He changed in the early 2000's IMO. Sherman allowing him to do whatever he wanted likely didn't help
You perfectly echo my thoughts.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:56 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

We always knew that his number would be retired and he'd go into the Packer HOF. Once he signed with the Vikings though, I think it was obvious that there'd have to be a cooling-off period for everybody involved (especially the fans), and the obvious time to do it would be the year before he was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I've said it all along.

Could they do it this year? Sure, but why? It's not like his number not being retired yet is a media distraction. The Packers fans and FO are literally the only people who talk about it -- nobody else cares at all. To us, it might seem like everybody is talking about it, because we're talking about it with eachother, but the announcement didn't even get mentioned in the NFL Random Discussion Thread. Nobody else cares.

The logical time to do it is right before he goes into the HOF.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Nobody here has a more unique, and direct relationship with this Favre-Minnesota mess than I do.

Number 1- We are the exact same age almost...within a few weeks of each other, meaning we "grew up" together, same ages same times..... I can and could relate too all his stuff with women, drinking, etc.

Number 2- I lived in hellhole Minnesota from before he got to the Packers, until 2005. So all his struggles in the Metrodome in the 90's. I went to 4 Packer games at the Metrodump with Favre, and we went an ugly 0-4.

I was a gigantic fan of his, but I also often saw him at his worst.

I saw him at Detroit in about 199? and he sucked, 3 or 4 Ints in a blowout loss when we were underdogs.
I saw him at Tampa Bay in 1997, he sucked, but we won like 9-7.
I saw him at St Louis in 1996, the WR's were all injured except they just added Andre Rison. He was okay.
I saw him at Dallas in the great 2007 season. He sucked ballz, threw 2 Ints against 0 TDs, left and in came Rodgers, who ralleyed us.

But I saw him vs Atlanta in the first home playoff game in like 15 years when he won his first MVP award, and he was great, the team was a machine, except against Dallas and at Minny.

My perspective is this:

Minnesota, not Chicago, is our #1 enemy.
Why?
Because THEY, that team, franchise, and state, fans HATE us because they are JEALOUS of us.
So that's made me hate them, and apparently quite a few other Packer fans have felt that way.

With the Bears, there is more respect, even though we have owned them as well for a long time. At least they have some history of winning, one title, and another Super Bowl appearance this century.
It's more of a healthy-respect-dislike IMO than the Grape Apes to the West have.

Still, I wanted to make Favre wait for Rodgers career to end, as Rodgers was forced to wait for Favre to walk away..... however, hopefully, that won't be for a long time, like 10 years, so.... I guess.... get it over with next year when he goes into Canton....
I can forgive him for the Purple thing now kind of......

But I also remember he was not a good post-season QB and I feel he was responsible for at least a handful of playoff exits, especially the 2007 NFC Title game.
When I had tickets in hand for the Super Bowl the next game....vs the 18-0 Patriots.... he laid an egg, granted it was 58-below zero.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:16 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

I don't think that Favre being a bad post-season QB is completely accurate. He certainly laid some eggs (that 2007 game probably being the most painful to watch), but lets look at it by coach:

1991: Jerry Glanville, basically a redshirt year, doesn't really count.
1992-1998: Mike Holmgren: 7 years, 3 NFCCG appearances, 2 SB appearances, 1 title.
1999: Ray Rhodes, FML, that year was horrible.
2000-2005: Mike Sherman: 6 years, never made it past the second round. Screwed the pooch every year.
2006-2007: Mike McCarthy: 2 years, 1 NFCCG, one idiot play away from the SB.
2008: Eric Mangini: 1 year, Favre and the Jets looked great and then he got injured.
2009-2010: Brad Childress: 2 years, 1 NFCCG.

So basically everybody rode him to the conference championship 50% of the time except for Rhodes, Sherman, and Mangini (and Rhodes and Mangini only had one crack at it). I hated Sherman at the time because I thought that his game management/planning sabotaged the team, and I think that Favre's overall playoff record illustrates that. Now I'm not saying that Favre didn't make bonehead plays (the 2007 and 2009 NFCCGs are probably the most obvious examples), but Sherman deserves a lot of blame for not being able to figure out a way to win with Brett Favre and Ahman Green, arguably the best QB/RB duo in team history (if not the best, then the second best after Starr/Taylor).

Sorry for the rant, I'm just have a lot of pent up bitterness towards Mike Sherman and his tenure in Green Bay.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

All that aside, I'm not talking about the team or the coach.

Those teams, that lost to Atlanta (Vick), Minny (Culpepper), even the NYG (Eli), those Packer teams were better, had a better record, had beaten the other teams before, but in the playoffs, Favre made bad decisions, and bad passes.

He has some great clutch moments, highlight reels... but think of any clutch touchdowns in post-season. There's not much.
Contrast that to when games were on the line, and he failed, ending seasons.

SideNote: I met Terry Mickens in my store a few weeks ago. We talked for a half-hour.
Will be getting together for a round of golf sometime soon... should be fun as he played with Favre and was on our Super Bowl teams with him.

He was on the Packers from 94-97, both Super Bowls.