Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2014, 11:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terry Mickens was one of my favorite players for some reason! He wasn't great, but I always really liked him.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Terry Mickens was one of my favorite players for some reason! He wasn't great, but I always really liked him.
And like James Jones, Charles Woodson, CJ Wilson, he went to Oakland after the Packers chose to let em go....
I am becoming a Raiderz fan LOL....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 01:18 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barclay just got carted off the practice field with a potential knee injury

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team mates gathered around him to

so we can probably add another major injury to the team. 2 guys already in a little over a week of training camp

Pack look poised for another big year when it comes to major injuries.

Lyerla will miss "weeks" with his knee injury as well btw, which isn't good for him since he was already at the bottom of the totem pole in the TE group

Morgan Burnett has an oblique strain, no clue how long he'll be out
Old 08-05-2014, 03:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As expected, torn ACL for Barclay. Done for the year. Pack lose their top backup/swing tackle

OL can never go into the regular season with everybody healthy. It's not allowed
Old 08-05-2014, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it all. One Hell of a valuable 6th man. Details from Demovsky below:

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Morgan Burnett has an oblique strain, no clue how long he'll be out

Tough news but I'll be watching Clinton-Dix with interest. Might be we're looking at a new pair at safety in the year to come if Ha-Ha flashes.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It always something with this team.
Love Barclay, being a WVU guy, feel for him.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
As expected, torn ACL for Barclay. Done for the year. Pack lose their top backup/swing tackle

OL can never go into the regular season with everybody healthy. It's not allowed
If I ever meet the NFL Injury God, he's a dead man.

Quote:
Barclay was carted off the practice field Tuesday after being bull-rushed backwards by rookie outside linebacker Adrian Hubbard and planting his right leg awkwardly. As soon as Barclay went down, it seemed to be a serious injury.
Why can't our OLB's ever bull rush a 49er, Bears, Seattle, Vikings, Giants OT and break their phucking ACLs?
This is bullschit. Is it really THAT EASY to just bulrush a tackle and end their play, game, season like that?
Has Clay ever done that for us?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a TE that was unlikely to make our roster and a backup oline man got injured? Excuse me if I don't write the season off as a bust.

Barclay was overrated all of a sudden. The guy kind of sucks. He's somewhat mediocre at times. He's hardly the elite 6th oline man he's suddenly remembered as.

Burnett, on the other hand, is great news. Let HHCD get the reps. **** Burnett. He should have been cut already.

Don't get me wrong, injuries will likely shipwreck us. But we're not there yet. Let me know when we lose one of our starting tackles, Sitton, Rodgers, Lacy or Clay and we'll talk.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:33 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
So a TE that was unlikely to make our roster and a backup oline man got injured? Excuse me if I don't write the season off as a bust.

Don't get me wrong, injuries will likely shipwreck us. But we're not there yet.
Well, you said it yourself.
THESE 2 this week are not the catastrophic ones.
But remember this, they add up, and the fact that there are 2 significant (ACL tears) injuries BEFORE we even get to preseason games. That's bad luck.

Depth is key.
These guys should have been depth.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the bright side, Colt missing multiple weeks will probably help us stash him on the practice squad if the team decides to only keep 3 TEs. I'd hate to lose him to another team because I think that he could be a major asset in the inverted wishbone if he keeps his head on straight and starts to play up to his reputation. I think he could be the H-Back that they keep trying to find for that formation.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday the following seven players will not travel to Nashville, Tennessee, for the game:

S Morgan Burnett (oblique strain)
WR Jared Abbrederis (torn ACL)
G/T Don Barclay (torn ACL)
TE Colt Lyerla (knee sprain)
S Tanner Miller (ankle)
DT Letroy Guion (hamstring)
DE Jerel Worthy (back)

We obviously know the significant injury ones. Worthy, I believe, is going to ultimately end up on IR. A back issue is not easy to get over when you're a football player, especially a big lineman. Guion needs to actually get on the field to have a chance to make the team, which seems like he won't. The big one is Morgan Burnett. There's no denying his struggles the last couple of seasons and during training camp we have heard many positive attached to Hyde and Richardson, factor in the investment in HaHa, and we may be finally looking at a player losing his starting spot. I hope we get a chance to see Richardson as more of the center fielder with Hyde and HCD working in, some times on the field together, operating closer to the line and/or playing coverage.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

I don't think we will ever see Worthy again... If there was a career over/under on sacks he gets in a Packer uniform now going forward, set at 1, I would bet the under.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:12 AM    (permalink
rvns
Rookie

rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rvns is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I don't think we will ever see Worthy again... If there was a career over/under on sacks he gets in a Packer uniform now going forward, set at 1, I would bet the under.
Im starting to lean this way as well...
rvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Much bigger, much, test for the offense (especially OL) is in store this weekend at St. Louis.

Their DL is, IMO, THE BEST in the NFL, even better than Seattle, NY Jets.
And fast on their home turf.
I wouldn't mind Quinn resting this game. What a test for Bahktiari or Sherrod.

Sherrod has looked very good. My heart goes out to the guy.... I hope he can remain healthy. He could be the best backup OT in the league if he remains healthy..... and then he will be moved into the starting position sooner or later when Bulaga gets hurt again.

Game this week I think is Saturday at 3, on NFL Network?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Brandon Bostick saw increased reps with the starting offense in Monday's practice.
Ultimately I think the starting tight end position is Bostick's to lose. He has more familiarity with the offensive scheme than a player like Richard Rodgers and his physical tools are better than any tight end competing right now.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:51 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Julius Peppers on questions about age: 'I'm going to let the film speak for it'
http://bit.ly/1ysQSlQ #packers

A day after the Green Bay Packers quarterback was given the Ice Bucket Challenge -- a public awareness campaign to raise money and awareness for Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease) -- by Milwaukee Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy, Rodgers accepted.

With the help of Zach Groen of the Packers' public relations staff, Rodgers took a bucket of ice-cold water over his head while standing on Lambeau Field. Rodgers then sent the challenge on to three of his famous friends: musician Darius Rucker, former Packers tight end Tom Crabtree and actor Brian Baumgartner.

"It was worth it," Rodgers said Tuesday. "It wasn't that cold after the first few seconds. Initially, it kind of sent some shivers down your spine."

The Ice Bucket Challenge has become a social media phenomenon that was started by Massachusetts native Pete Frates, a 29-year-old former baseball player at Boston College who was diagnosed with ALS in 2012. The idea is to keep it going by passing on the challenge.

"I haven't heard any word back from Darius or Brian or Crabby," Rodgers said. "Hopefully, they'll keep it going. It's pretty amazing what they're doing."
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-pa...ed-for-rodgers
Old 08-12-2014, 05:54 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

COLT LYERLA future with Packers in doubt

The rookie tight end sustained torn medial-collateral and posterior-collateral ligaments in his right knee in practice Aug. 2. He won't need surgery and has graduated to walking with one crutch instead of two, but he likely will be out for at least a few more weeks with only two weeks of camp remaining.

"It was pretty much what I was expecting," Lyerla said Tuesday. "I can't say a whole lot. I don't imagine being back for the end of training camp."

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...eeks/13972195/
Old 08-12-2014, 06:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Worthy dealt to New England

Old 08-12-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Congrats on us getting ANYTHING for Worthy.

I told you I didn't think he'd ever play another down for us.
He was not going to even make the roster.
Guiyon is ahead of him, and he might not make it either.

Worthy was a wasted 2nd round pick.
I remember a lot of you wanted another Big Ten DL instead of him, the bigger Devon Still, who went one pick later to Cinci.

Has he done anything?

Russell Wilson (and Nick Foles) were taken the next round.
Had we taken Wilson before Seattle, does Seattle win the Super Bowl last year?
Do they still have Matt Flynn if that?
Old 08-12-2014, 07:47 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

I think that Seattle would have still dumped Flynn by now and moved onto somebody else. We seem to be the only ones who want him at all. He didn't even drum up much interest in free agency when so many fans thought we should franchise him and trade him for a first round pick.

But if we pick Wilson then Seattle probably doesn't win the Super Bowl last season and we probably have a better record without Rodgers.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Worthy joins the ranks with Pat Lee and Brian Brohm as massive misses by Thompson in RD2

TT's track record with D players just isn't that inspiring

still have huge reservations about the D this year too. ILB's still suck, though maybe Barrington can supplant Jones as a starter at some point. Jones is sooooo bad

DL also still worries me.

holy crap though was Worthy just worthless(heh play on words)

showed literally nothing as a rookie and was pushed around by everybody, then tears his ACL and misses all of last season. Now he's been out all camp recovering from back surgery or whatever.

Last edited by BloodBrother : 08-12-2014 at 07:51 PM.
BloodBrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been a long time since I have posted on here. Happy to see us trade Worthy, even if it is for a 7th round pick.

Worthy, even at MSU, was a quick twitch guy - not ideal for a 3-4. He isn't long, nor does he have the size to be a base 3-4DE. That year we all wanted Wolfe who went much earlier to the Broncos and he has turned out to be pretty good (minus injuries). I think the emergence of Boyd last year, plus Daniels and Datone being our pass rushers kinda forced Jerel out. Too bad we never got to see his full potential, maybe we still will in NE. I still am wondering if we PUP Guion (I thought the Packers might PUP Worthy).

In other Packers DL talk, I loved the JS piece on Pennel. I was able to see two practices this year, and Pennel was a guy that kept making plays against the 1st team offense. He will never be a pass rusher, but if he can push the Center into the QB, that is all we need. He reminds me of the typical NT you would draft for a 3-4. He needs to learn how to stay low (Same with Datone).

Lastly, another DL comment. The depth is great right now. If you PUP Guion, you can keep Raji and Pennel as NT's and have Datone/Daniels/Boyd/Thorton as DE's with Boyd being able to also play NT. And on passing downs, you bring Neal back to play a 3-tech to spell Daniels/Datone.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I wouldn't label our depth along the defensive line as great. It has the potential to be pretty good but there's a lot of youth and unproven talent present.