Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

is micheal lewis any good? (from philly) i hear good things from a freind but he happens to bleed green and silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit
is micheal lewis any good? (from philly) i hear good things from a freind but he happens to bleed green and silver
He was good a few years back, but he had a real fall-out this year. He lost his starting position and looked terrible when he played.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
He was good a few years back, but he had a real fall-out this year. He lost his starting position and looked terrible when he played.
well would you guys want us to even look at him?

Quote:
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
Old 01-27-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Jeff Garcia ftw.
Good one.... i could see him starting if Favre leaves.... Good call :D
That's terrible. Rodgers has been on the bench long enough, he can sit for Brett but no one else. I don't have a problem with bringing a veteran in, but not to start.
my thoughts exactly. Rodgers needs to play. he's not a rookie anymore.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jeff Garcia ftw.
That's terrible. Rodgers has been on the bench long enough, he can sit for Brett but no one else. I don't have a problem with bringing a veteran in, but not to start.
He still needs to earn the job. If they don't provide real veteran competition for him they're idiots. That's one thing Jerry Angelo didn't figure out untill just this year in bringing in Griese. To just hand a kid a job, 1st round pick or not, sends the wrong message.

Besides, if he majorly bombs, you're going to want someone to at least try and salvage the season.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Jake plummer. He's not a good QB. But he's just a cool guy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jeff Garcia ftw.
He still needs to earn the job. If they don't provide real veteran competition for him they're idiots. That's one thing Jerry Angelo didn't figure out untill just this year in bringing in Griese. To just hand a kid a job, 1st round pick or not, sends the wrong message.

Besides, if he majorly bombs, you're going to want someone to at least try and salvage the season.
Yeah, we should bring one in but there is no way that Garcia or Plummer is going to come. There aren't really many others to bring in. I guess Bledsoe wouldn't be a bad choice. I agree that you don't wan't to hand him the job, but you don't want him to get beat out for it either.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023
Old 01-28-2007, 02:52 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Leroy Butler and Robert Brooks get in the Hall of Fame http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=558023
what number does Collins were now? he wore 35 in college maybe that?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:
are their numbers going to be retired aswell?

Quote:
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i doubt it

Old 01-28-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i would like us to take a look at him with him and manuel and collins we would have good safty depth, so if some1 got hurt we could put a vetern in there instead of sum1 like underwood or cuvler that dont have to much experience.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i doubt it
No. They don't retire everyone who gets in's number. Tony Canadeo, Don Hutson, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, and Reggie White are the only 5 to have theirs retired.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i would like us to take a look at him with him and manuel and collins we would have good safty depth, so if some1 got hurt we could put a vetern in there instead of sum1 like underwood or cuvler that dont have to much experience.
I don't want to even bother with him. He isn't what he used to be and isn't good in coverage.

He are some of my thoughts about the safety situation
Quote:
I like the updated pick better. I would like Olsen more, but not a bad choice.

Let me set this whole Manuel thing straight. I find myself having to defend him quite a bit lately.
First off, he is not as bad as us Packer fans make him out to be. We love to bash him, but he is not deserving of all of it. He is in no way a top safety but he can still be a starter. He started out bad but he improved over the season and almost seems as if he was a bit better each week. Yes he blew coverages, but most of those were early in the season and were more communication errors than him getting burned(not saying he never got beat but most were communication). Those are very fixable through practice.

Second reason I'm not a big fan of drafting a safety is Marviel Underwood. He is probably an unknown to most non Packer fans, but I really like the kid. I think he will challenge Manuel to start this year and could end up being the long term solution if he works out right. In his rookie season he did alright in his limited time. He put up 35 tackles and saw at least some time in all 16 games. Then last year I was impressed with him from training camp and preseason. He was fighting a bit for the job then, probably wasn't going to get it but he would see a big increase in playing time and probably even be the nickleback. He got hurt and never played in the regular season so he didn't get a chance.

This wasn't directed at just you as many people (even some Packer fans) don't understand. I really wanted to make a thread about it but there is no way that would fly. I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree, but I feel rather strongly about that.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to even bother with him. He isn't what he used to be and isn't good in coverage.

He are some of my thoughts about the safety situation
Quote:
I like the updated pick better. I would like Olsen more, but not a bad choice.

Let me set this whole Manuel thing straight. I find myself having to defend him quite a bit lately.
First off, he is not as bad as us Packer fans make him out to be. We love to bash him, but he is not deserving of all of it. He is in no way a top safety but he can still be a starter. He started out bad but he improved over the season and almost seems as if he was a bit better each week. Yes he blew coverages, but most of those were early in the season and were more communication errors than him getting burned(not saying he never got beat but most were communication). Those are very fixable through practice.

Second reason I'm not a big fan of drafting a safety is Marviel Underwood. He is probably an unknown to most non Packer fans, but I really like the kid. I think he will challenge Manuel to start this year and could end up being the long term solution if he works out right. In his rookie season he did alright in his limited time. He put up 35 tackles and saw at least some time in all 16 games. Then last year I was impressed with him from training camp and preseason. He was fighting a bit for the job then, probably wasn't going to get it but he would see a big increase in playing time and probably even be the nickleback. He got hurt and never played in the regular season so he didn't get a chance.

This wasn't directed at just you as many people (even some Packer fans) don't understand. I really wanted to make a thread about it but there is no way that would fly. I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong if they don't agree, but I feel rather strongly about that.
i dont know. everyone is a long term solution if they work out right...i personally dont care much for our safeties save collins

Quote:
Old 01-28-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
i dont know. everyone is a long term solution if they work out right...i personally dont care much for our safeties save collins
I know that was worded bad, I was just trying to say that I like him and kind of want to give him a shot to see if he is the solution.
Old 01-28-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for backup QB's, if the Bucs are serious about Jeff Garcia as competition for Chris Simms the Packers should make an offer towards Tim Rattay (this assuming Favre retires of course). Damon Huard will be available as well, but I think Rattay is a better fit for a pure WCO and would provide decent veteran competition for Rogers.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
As for backup QB's, if the Bucs are serious about Jeff Garcia as competition for Chris Simms the Packers should make an offer towards Tim Rattay (this assuming Favre retires of course). Damon Huard will be available as well, but I think Rattay is a better fit for a pure WCO and would provide decent veteran competition for Rogers.
Im not even a huge Aaron Rodgers fan but Id rather start Rodgers than Rattay or Huard. If he is the QB of the future than he needs to get the starts asap.

^tek
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
I know that was worded bad, I was just trying to say that I like him and kind of want to give him a shot to see if he is the solution.
i gotchya. just not a huge fan of the other safeties.

in other news. goodbye lynch?

Quote:
LYNCH ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

California running back Marshawn Lynch, who is widely regarded as one of the top prospects in the 2007 draft, reportedly has been accused of sexual assault and domestic violence.

In a criminal complaint filed on December 19, 2006, a woman claims tha Lynch "choked, slapped sexually assaulted her" on December 13 in Oakland.

Radio station KCBS first reported the complaint, and a full story appears in the Contra Costa Times.

Lynch admits that he was with the woman on the night in question, but denies any criminal wrongdoing. On Friday, a judge awarded the woman a restraining order against Lynch.

At this point, the impact on Lynch's draft stock is unknown. (As several readers have suggested, Lynch suddenly has become very attractive to the Bengals.) And it's way too early to tell whether Lynch will do time.

In 2006, Lynch rushed for 1,356 yards on 223 carries for a 6.1 average gain per carry. For his career, he averaged 6.6 yards per attempt.

Quote:
Old 01-28-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

The reason I have confidence in Rodgers is because the WCO is the closest thing to Tedford's system. He can make all the short, intermediate throws, which is the bulk of the WCO. He needs to develop his deep ball, and luckily that is least used play in this system. Even most of Favre's 'big' gains were 10 yard passes that the WRs turned into huge gains.

As for Lynch, it is relevant to note that Ahman Green has had similar problems (domestic abuse). Either way, RB in the first isn't my preference, I'd rather get Okoye, Landry, or trade down for one of the WRs.

On a random note, this is from the MLB thread in the NFL forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
I just checked, and Nick Barnett has been a Pro-Bowl alternate three of his 4 years in the league (04, 05, 07). Hopefully he can put it all together this, his fifth year in the league.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i doubt it
No. They don't retire everyone who gets in's number. Tony Canadeo, Don Hutson, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, and Reggie White are the only 5 to have theirs retired.
Number 4 is already retired.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

i still want Lynch but the problem is i'm not sure if TT does. hopefully this turns out to be nothing but if not, i say he slips to the 2nd and we take him.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
i still want Lynch but the problem is i'm not sure if TT does. hopefully this turns out to be nothing but if not, i say he slips to the 2nd and we take him.
What?! You think that if we pass on him he falls to our second pick. No way that'll happen.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
What?! You think that if we pass on him he falls to our second pick. No way that'll happen.
i know. it's just wishful thinking.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790
Quote:
Im not even a huge Aaron Rodgers fan but Id rather start Rodgers than Rattay or Huard. If he is the QB of the future than he needs to get the starts asap.
Understood, but you'll need a veteran insurance policy regardless. If Rogers is a major flop, it would be unwise to give him 16 games to struggle out there, especially considering most Packers fans think they have realistic playoff aspirations, correct or not.