Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
eagleseye

Who would you take amongst the guys that keep coming to us in mocks (Lynch, Landy, Nelson, Jarrett).

Of course things will develop involving Green/Moss will become clearer after the SB, but assuming our key players test FA and we don't make any moves, I would prefer Lynch slightly over Landry.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

reggie nelson wont get picked in the first round by thompson, though he produced this year he has not for any of the rest of his college career. ive said all along that TT would pass on marshawn even without any off the field problems. im hearing rumors that willis mcgahee may be on the trading block, maybe the packers should look into that.

and for the record, the packers already have one tight end from miami that cant catch, they certainly dont need another one in greg olsen. im a huge miami fan and watched all of their games this past year, olsen cant catch a 3rd down pass for the life of him.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Im thinking the packers will give bubba pre-season to reprove himself, if that does not work they will most likely eat his contract and cut him like they did with clitoris hunt
Old 01-29-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

can anyone tell me if tyrone moss entered the draft? if he did i would be interested in him for the packers.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
What do you guys think about Rayner? wanna keep him or go after some one else?
IMO, we need to bring someone to battle with him because im not sold on him. Do you guys want to go to the playoffs with him as ur kicker? kickers win u games and I dont think Rayner can, I like that kicker thats coming in the draft. He played in cold weather.
He won a battle last preseason already agianst cundiff, right?

He did pretty poor in the teddy bear game.

Here's another thought. What do you guys want to do at WR? Ruvell martin and holiday did pretty solid in the last few games. maybe we just need to add a speedy guy do stretch it and were pretty well set if KORO is able to return.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone remember preseason when EVERYONE picked the pack to finish last in the norris? ha, **** ers.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

im not going to put a first round wideout past TT. if a guy like ted ginn is available, i think we would be dumb not to take him, he is a game changer. he could be what azhir hakim was to the greatest show on turf.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
im not going to put a first round wideout past TT. if a guy like ted ginn is available, i think we would be dumb not to take him, he is a game changer. he could be what azhir hakim was to the greatest show on turf.
I don't want an Az Hakim in the first round.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
So it looks like everyone is 50/50. Although I wouldn't be suprised at all if they let Green go and Morency was the back of the future (another move that I had a hard time convincing any Packers fan was a good one because you all had hard-ons for Samkon Gado).

Oh..and I was right about Ben Taylor too. Dude sucks ass.
I never liked Gado. Yeah good story ok, but he got lucky, there was a reason that no one else wanted him. He had no business as an NFL starter, he isn't a power runner or he doesn't have great speed; he is below average in both and is well below an average RB. I was the number one supporter of the trade, that was an absolute steal. I laugh at all the dumbasses that bought a costumized Gado jersey.

I want to keep Green as it isn't a garuentee that we get Lynch and he shouldn't cost too much. He can still do ok for the year if we don't get Lynch, but if we do I'd like to see Lynch one and Morency two.

Also yes Ben Taylor sucks.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What will you think the Packers will address after Lynch in the first (most likely)? Will they go WR, TE, S, CB in the 2nd? the 3rd?

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
anyone remember preseason when EVERYONE picked the pack to finish last in the norris? ha, *********** ers.
everyone laughed at me when I said we had a shot at the playoffs if we get AJ hawk and an interior line, I was a giants loss away from being so right...
Old 01-29-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
I never liked Gado. Yeah good story ok, but he got lucky, there was a reason that no one else wanted him. He had no business as an NFL starter, he isn't a power runner or he doesn't have great speed; he is below average in both and is well below an average RB. I was the number one supporter of the trade, that was an absolute steal. I laugh at all the dumbasses that bought a costumized Gado jersey
I'm convinced that RB's that don't start till later in the year always look so much better than they really are. Examples: Gado, we thought he was the future, reality, he was just so much fresher than everybody else, and was quick. Larry Johnson: Had all those games with 200 yards, why, he didn't start till holmes got injured. Jerome Bettis 3 years ago, Duce Staley got injured, he was fresher than everybody else, and looked like his godly self again
Old 01-29-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07
What will you think the Packers will address after Lynch in the first (most likely)? Will they go WR, TE, S, CB in the 2nd? the 3rd?
I consider TE the biggest need
Old 01-29-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:
anyone remember preseason when EVERYONE picked the pack to finish last in the norris? ha, *********** ers.
everyone laughed at me when I said we had a shot at the playoffs if we get AJ hawk and an interior line, I was a giants loss away from being so right...
or a fumble away agianst the rams.
woulda shoulda coulda.

they get smoked.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

azhir hakim is a freak athlete who was a pro bowler in st. louis, he couldnt help that detroit sucks.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
POSTED 6:22 p.m. EST, January 29, 2007

NO CHARGES FOR LYNCH

Agent Doug Hendrickson of Octagon, who represents former Cal running back Marshawn Lynch, tells us that the Alameda County district attorney will not be pursuing charges against Lynch arising from allegations that Lynch sexually assaulted a woman in Oakland on December 13, 2006.

Last week, a judge entered a restraining order against Lynch at the woman's request. But that decision is irrelevant to the question of whether he will face any type of prosecution for the alleged misdeeds. Per the prosecuting attorney for the county in which the action allegedly occurred, no charges will be filed, which means that the case is closed.

Of course, this doesn't prevent the woman in question from filing a civil suit against Lynch, if she so chooses. The standard of proof is significantly lower in civil proceedings, where any liability would be addressed via an award of money damages.

Lynch is regarded as one of the top running backs in the draft, and likely will be taken in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

good to see it all just about blown over
Old 01-29-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really happy to hear that about Lynch. i still want him a lot in the first. there's no one else other than Lynch, that we could realistically get at 16, that excites me. if Lynch isn't there i would be in favor of a trade down.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

ted ginn wouldnt excite you at 16
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
ted ginn wouldnt excite you at 16
Not at all. If Lynch is gone I have interest in Jarret, Okoye, and Landry.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:16 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

I would personally perefer Landry then Lynch but I would hate for us to draft Ginn
Old 01-29-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

as much of a thug as he is, meriweather may help us the most. he has been really solid for quite some time down in miami. we can use help anywhere in that secondary so i dont see how we could go wrong with him.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
as much of a thug as he is, meriweather may help us the most. he has been really solid for quite some time down in miami. we can use help anywhere in that secondary so i dont see how we could go wrong with him.
guy, it's not happening
Old 01-29-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink

Quote:
azhir hakim is a freak athlete who was a pro bowler in st. louis, he couldnt help that detroit sucks.
Az-Hakim is washed up and will never be an effective WR again.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by javon favre
Quote:
Az-Hakim is washed up and will never be an effective WR again.