Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quick question: Any recent news on the Favre front...I know he commented last week that he wouldn't drag it out and many "Insiders" claimed he'd be making a decision by the end of last week which did not happen.

Also, I was curious which Packer's FA would be coming to join the Vikings squad this year as a trend (a loose trend I guess being that its only been two players) set by Sharper and Longwell...kidding
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Favre's decision is coming up real soon.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
eagleseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Me too. Probably a few days after the SB.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Day One Green Bay mock.

First Round Selection: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California.

[ Gives the team an explosive young runner to team along with Vernand Morency in the ZBS. ]

Second Round Selection: Aaron Rouse, Safety, Virgina Tech.

[ Gives the team an excellent safety prospect who can hit, and hit, and hit. An intimidator in the secondary. ]

Third Round Selection: Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP.

[ Gives the team a speedy player who has reliable hands and can finally give us a young, explosive returner. ]
Rouse is a reach at second, TE is more of a need than WR.

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
Day One Green Bay mock.

First Round Selection: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California.

[ Gives the team an explosive young runner to team along with Vernand Morency in the ZBS. ]

Second Round Selection: Aaron Rouse, Safety, Virgina Tech.

[ Gives the team an excellent safety prospect who can hit, and hit, and hit. An intimidator in the secondary. ]

Third Round Selection: Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP.

[ Gives the team a speedy player who has reliable hands and can finally give us a young, explosive returner. ]
I would cream my pants if we got that draft, but I really don't think Higgins will be available when we pick in the third. Maybe TT can trade down and pick up an extra second round pick and get Rouse and Higgins in the second. Higgins is gonna shoot up the draft board after the combine when he runs either the fastest, or the second fastest 40 time there. I saw every one of his games this year, he plays at a different speed than everyone else. I have a few buddies on the team, and they said he was the hardest worker they had. I would be all for picking him in the second even. He is going to be a steal if he lasts to the second half of the second round.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's impossible to predict TTs drafts. my guess is he'll have a few trade downs, as always, and he's gonna make some picks that seem odd at first. the Jennings pick took me by surprise a little because he wasn't really a big name. I would have thought that if he wanted a receiver he'd have stayed put and taken Chad Jackson. he had Jennings higher on his board, so he decided to get Jennings instead, but accumulate some picks also. TT is a genius and i trust any move he makes.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
4pAc
Pro Bowler

4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4pAc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can get Rouse in the third, I htink the most we have to do is to move up in the third

Sig by Darnik44two

Lord Favre Is Immortal
4pAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672
Quick question: Any recent news on the Favre front...I know he commented last week that he wouldn't drag it out and many "Insiders" claimed he'd be making a decision by the end of last week which did not happen.

Also, I was curious which Packer's FA would be coming to join the Vikings squad this year as a trend (a loose trend I guess being that its only been two players) set by Sharper and Longwell...kidding
Quote:
I am not sure how true this is, but I was told Brett Favre could have his decision made by the weeks end, and a press conference to announce it may be held by mid-next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
We can get Rouse in the third, I htink the most we have to do is to move up in the third
I would like that pick
Old 01-30-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbarnett56
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
so what are you proposing ? spend 2 more draft picks on O-line this year and have an offensive line that dosen't have the capability to grow pubes?Now that's risky. Or maybe blow all the money in FA, novel idea too. The best solution is to keep the tackles around now and draft some one to groom for awhile in the later rounds of the draft . We have much bigger fish to fry than 0-line as of right now.
We don't really have a backup tackle except for Tony Moll - and he is fairly new to the position. We still need depth and it wouldn't hurt to start getting some younger tackles ready. Clifton and Tauscher's contracts run out in 2-3 years and both are entering their 30s which is typically when Olineman start to decline. Both will be due around $5 million in 2008 as well. Why spend the money on older, declining players when we prepare for the future?

Read my original post again, I never said to cut any tackles this year. Try comprehending a post before replying to one next time. ;)
you said potential cuts and listed bolth the tackles under there? so.... how am i supossed to respond to that if i disagree?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never knew this..
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.5.html

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Me too. Probably a few days after the SB.
I think it is more likely it will be a couple days after the Pro Bowl, when all the football stuff has ended.

Also, There's nothing wrong with our tackles right now. I wouldn't mind picking up another tackle and a G/C that fits the ZBS in the draft. Toss in Miller/Olsen, a WR and a SS, that would make a top-notch draft. I'd also be pretty pleased to pick up Okoye in R1. 20 year old that's started for 4 years and he had a great Senior Bowl...
Old 01-31-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

Quote:
dude plays in Sconnie, can't you expect anything else?? He wrecks it no matter what so I could care less.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik wit it
Quote:
dude plays in Sconnie, can't you expect anything else?? He wrecks it no matter what so I could care less.
i never knew he played with the flu though. That's micheal Jordanesk.

they get smoked.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:39 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Quote:
since when did farve have the flu? I never knew that
Old 01-31-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank Johnson

Get ready for the Tank, I like the bar
Better park out front, or I'll steal your car!
I had to list Soldier Field as the home I keep,
'Cause if I move too far, my ankle goes "Beep! Beep!"
I'm huge and mean, they call me "Big Daddy"
'Cause the only other team for me is Cincinnati.
I'd like to throw back some beers and get in a scuffle,
But for now I'll just have to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

the bears are making thoses superbowl lyrics and one of the packer fan came up with this on another forum, I find it funny.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Tank Johnson

Get ready for the Tank, I like the bar
Better park out front, or I'll steal your car!
I had to list Soldier Field as the home I keep,
'Cause if I move too far, my ankle goes "Beep! Beep!"
I'm huge and mean, they call me "Big Daddy"
'Cause the only other team for me is Cincinnati.
I'd like to throw back some beers and get in a scuffle,
But for now I'll just have to do the Super Bowl Shuffle.

the bears are making thoses superbowl lyrics and one of the packer fan came up with this on another forum, I find it funny.
thats pretty good
Old 01-31-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

so are any of you guys cheering for the bears?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Quote:
so are any of you guys cheering for the bears?
Hell nah.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hell ya i want the bears to win. represent the NFC north well bears. all analysts do is talk about how fricken horrible the NFC north is. i hate peyton manning too.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
hell ya i want the bears to win. represent the NFC north well bears. all analysts do is talk about how fricken horrible the NFC north is. i hate peyton manning too.
and I want people to say Brett is the best QB to ever play the game :) go gross-man
Old 01-31-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey
I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.
Bec TT likes young talent and plus we need more depth in alot of positions, O line, DBs,WRs,TE
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey

I bet you someone's going to say "because TT likes to trade down, he always does". I agree with you on this and would not be surprised if he didn't.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70131106/1989

Could this mean he's commign back for one more year?????????????? or does it mean nothing?

they get smoked.