Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Perfect Day One Packer Mocks. Let's all do one and we can collaborate at the end of them. I'll start:

Round 1:
Hope: Adrian Peterson- RB- Oklahoma
Gut: Marshawn Lynch- RB- California

Round 2:
Hope: Sidney Rice- WR- South Carolina
Gut: Greg Olsen- TE- Miami (Fla.)

Round 3
Hope: Tim Crowder- DE- Texas
Gut: Aaron Rouse- S- Virginia Tech

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk the more i read the happier i get. I would love to get Rouse!!! Thats like a dream come true. One of my fav college players on my favorite NFL team. :D

But i must ask you all once again..... How about Scott Chandler the TE from Iowa..... i think he is a sleeper and has huge potential. What do you guys think?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
LickaMahfeetz
Rookie

LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.LickaMahfeetz is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain
Idk the more i read the happier i get. I would love to get Rouse!!! Thats like a dream come true. One of my fav college players on my favorite NFL team. :D

But i must ask you all once again..... How about Scott Chandler the TE from Iowa..... i think he is a sleeper and has huge potential. What do you guys think?
I really like Chandler. I think he could be picked up in the later rounds. I don't know if we need to pick up a guy really early. I really think that Franks will have a much better season next year. His duties were always hanging this last year. Look for Franks to step up next season when there is some stability to his game plan due to the increased ability of the OL.
LickaMahfeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
lasse
Rookie

lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.lasse is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07
Perfect Day One Packer Mocks. Let's all do one and we can collaborate at the end of them. I'll start:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3

my perfect draft would be:
1. Peterson/Lynch
2.Merriweather
3.Chandler
lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:23 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3
Lynch Olson and Rouse is my ideal mock
Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Quote:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3
Lynch Olson and Rouse is my ideal mock

I agree for the most part but im kind of a skeptic when it comes to Olson, i really am intreseted in Chandler
Old 01-31-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey
I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.
i wouldn't be at all surprised to see him trade down because TT often has a lower rated player by most higher on his board than anyone. because of this he can trade down, get a pick, and still get his man.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If Oakland gave you guys Moss and this year's second, plus say next year's 4th, would you guys give up the 16th overall?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4rk 0ne
If Oakland gave you guys Moss and this year's second, plus say next year's 4th, would you guys give up the 16th overall?
No. Our third and Ferguson is as high as i'd go.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Round 1:

Round 2:

Round 3
I would be very happy with a Lynch, Olsen, Rouse draft

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i wouldn't give up a dime for Moss.

Lynch
Olsen
Rouse
would be great

Old 01-31-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey
I'm growing tired of everyone assuming TT will trade down. We have the youngest team in the league without many holes - why would we want more draft picks? It just means we'll have to start cutting players that we took last year or the year before and start developing someone new, only to have them cut in 1-2 years.

I bet you someone's going to say "because TT likes to trade down, he always does". I agree with you on this and would not be surprised if he didn't.
ya i would say that TT did that in his first couple years, because we were in our first 2 years of rebuilding. Now in our 3rd year under TT i think that we don't as many holes as we did the past two years. IMO our holes for the most part are filled, but now what we need are playmakers.

I think there is still a possibility that we would trade down if the value at the pick is bad, but i don't think that TT will trade down just to accumulate picks.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
Quote:
i wouldn't give up a dime for Moss.

Lynch
Olsen
Rouse
would be great
i would not give up the 16th pick at all. i would however give up a 3rd and a player or maybe even a second and one of their players, this depends on which player they ship obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
badgerfan
Rookie

badgerfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you guys think of Mark Zalewski? I think he is a very underrated LB who is also probably the fastest MLB in this year's draft. I think he would be a good 5th or 6th round pick and with his speed, i think he could be move to the outside. At the very least, he could be one hell of a special teams guy. I think he could do very well in the SAM position. He could easily be worth a late round pick.
badgerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerfan
What do you guys think of Mark Zalewski? I think he is a very underrated LB who is also probably the fastest MLB in this year's draft. I think he would be a good 5th or 6th round pick and with his speed, i think he could be move to the outside. At the very least, he could be one hell of a special teams guy. I think he could do very well in the SAM position. He could easily be worth a late round pick.
I'm a big Wisconsin fan, but 5th or 6th is way to high. I don't think he'll be much as a pro, but if they wanted him he could be had as an UDFA. I doubt we do though.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12
Quote:
I'm a big Wisconsin fan, but 5th or 6th is way to high. I don't think he'll be much as a pro, but if they wanted him he could be had as an UDFA. I doubt we do though.
agreed. If we want Zalewski at all we probably won't need to spend a draft pick to get him. maybe our 7th.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

earlier in the college football season when zalewski was doing real well, he was rated as high as the late 3rd round on some draft sites. toward the end of the season though his production really fell off.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

Quote:
I was kinda dissapointed that I wasn't able to watch him as much as I could have but he was a solid player. Just not spectacular like you have to be to get into the pros
Old 02-01-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

I found this on Ahmad Carroll's Wikipedia thing
Quote:
0 Fans of the Green Bay Packers that were sad to see Carroll released by the team
Old 02-01-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
I found this on Ahmad Carroll's Wikipedia thing
Quote:
0 Fans of the Green Bay Packers that were sad to see Carroll released by the team
sooo true, he was the worst
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

zero fans were happy about sherman picking him over chris gamble, i dont care if gamble only played corner for one year, look at what he did in college. he shut down miami's no. 1 wideout in the national championship
Old 02-01-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wat do u guys think of my mock in my sig? on the radio there was a former scout saying that Oslen is too raw and the person he liked more is Miller so i put him.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
PackerMang
Rookie

PackerMang hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

From KFFL.com

Packers | Favre pushing team to acquire R. Moss?
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:13:04 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports there is speculation Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre would like the team to acquire Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss in a move to help bolster the offense.

--->interesting, Driver stated in his Interview with Jim Rome that a vetern/expeirenced receiver would help take the heat off him. If we trade down on the first day and got a extra 3rd round pcik I could see Moss being traded for that.
PackerMang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

very interesting. i could live with it, and i live in green bay. i dont think alot of other people in green bay who think they know alot about football would like it though.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

a couple more favre tidbits for ya

Quote:
PROOF THAT FAVRE IS RETURNING?

A couple of weeks ago, many interpreted Brett Favre's cancellation of his membership in a local country club as proof that he intends to call it quits and retire.

Per the Appleton Post-Crescent, Favre recently renewed his contract to serve as the pitchman for Bergstrom Automotive for another year.

Of course, the deal could contain a provision that renders it terminated if/when he retires. Even if it doesn't, we don't think that the development has any bearing on whether Favre is or isn't coming back.

But plenty do.

Our hunch? He'll be back. But we've heard nothing one way or the other as to which way he's leaning.
Quote:
SOME PLAYERS THINK FAVRE COMING BACK

Last year, we reported for most of March and April that teammates believed that Packers quarterback Brett Favre would be back for the 2006 season.

We've now heard that some of the Green Bay players believe, based on things Favre has said to them, that he will be back again in 2007.

We can't get into any more detail than that for now. But stay tuned. We might have more on this one.
some moss to gb rumors

Quote:
A little birdie told me that Brett Favre will have a decision in a week or two, or shall I say an announcement in that time frame.

Randy Moss will be moved from what I was told last night, but where? The Raiders think the team that will in the "finals for Moss" are the Packers, Titans, Jets and J-Ville, with the Packers the most liekly canidate to obtain the disgruntled Wide Reciever.

Favre did ask if the Packers were interested in trading for Moss, and said that he would like to get a chance to play with Moss if he decides to come back next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote