Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 23 48.94%
I love it 32 68.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also applied to do the Fantasy offseason. I was a Co-Gm last year and we had arguably the best draft of anyone. I am definetly down to be a Co-Gm with someone this year.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss would be a good pick up but remember guys we are building for the future and its working great why stop now by adding a 30+ year old player?
Old 02-02-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN
Moss would be a good pick up but remember guys we are building for the future and its working great why stop now by adding a 30+ year old player?
we should be in the end stages of rebuilding and what our team needs to start winning is skill players. Plus Moss still has a few years left in him and will produce when our team is in its prime

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bergstromauto.com/en_US/

"It's so easy even a vikings fan could do it"

hahaha nice Favre, nice.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:31 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088
http://www.bergstromauto.com/en_US/

"It's so easy even a vikings fan could do it"

hahaha nice Favre, nice.
that's great

i requested to be an assistant GM for the Packers since i figured that there are more people qualified for the head GM and i don't really want to spend a ton of time on it anyway.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Favre4
Veteran

Favre4 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont think moss has quite reached teh 30 plateau yet. and i think youre forgetting that a receiver like moss could play til he is nearly 40, thats quite a ways in the future.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:42 AM    (permalink
eagleseye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
i dont think moss has quite reached teh 30 plateau yet. and i think youre forgetting that a receiver like moss could play til he is nearly 40, thats quite a ways in the future.
Ya he turns 30 in 11 days. But I think he has 3-5 years left of being a real impact player.

A 4th rounder and Furgeson would be sweeeet!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords
Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4
Ya he turns 30 in 11 days. But I think he has 3-5 years left of being a real impact player.

A 4th rounder and Furgeson would be sweeeet!
That would be sweet but i thnk will have to give up a little more than that probably a 2nd.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:17 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

I'm still gunna be pissed if we get Moss
Old 02-02-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.../70202054/1989

Brett Favre will return.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070202/PKR01/70202054/1989

Brett Favre will return.
I knwo i just saw it!!! this made my day

they get smoked.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
70challenger457

wooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 02-02-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
PacMan
Rookie

PacMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brett Favre rules!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Congrats. He's actually one of my favorite all time players (I have a bunch of family from Racine) glad to see he is coming back.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** ya!!!!! There is officially nothing that can ruin my day anymore today. I'm so glad we didnt have to wait like last year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
morknolle
Rookie

morknolle hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hey guys I'm trying to put together some ideas on the offseason and would like your opinions on your team. Obviously Marshawn Lynch falling to you guys would be the optimal choice, but if he somehow doesn't make it that far who else would you look at? Are you pretty satisfied with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at CB or would you maybe look at Hall/Revis since both of your guys are starting to get a little old? Would you look at Landry/Nelson/Griffin or are you happy with your safeties? Any thought about drafting a DLineman? You have a couple studs like Kampman there who I was hoping you'd let go last year so we could sign and then KGB, but how do you like your DTs? What if someone like Amobi Okoye managed to find his way to your pick? You invested a decent amount of picks on your OLine last year, are all of those working out well or is there still room for a possible improvement somewhere in there? Any other spots on offense that you'd potentially look at in the 1st round? I see in Scott's latest mock he has you guys taking Dwayne Jarrett which doesn't make a ton of sense with Driver and Jennings on the roster.

Also, any thoughts on who you guys will be releasing this offseason that Mike Sherman will inevitably be pushing Kubiak to bring on since we seem to be collecting a lot of your castaways?

BTW, I think you guys should owe us some kind of draft pick for that Gado/Morency trade. I didn't understand it at the time and still don't understand it, Gado is an ok RB but didn't do much of anything for us this year and Morency is a genuine playmaker, albeit not a 25 carry a game RB, but still a solid runner. Way to rip us off there.

Any comments on the draft and possible releasings would be appreciated. Thanks.
morknolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morknolle
Hey guys I'm trying to put together some ideas on the offseason and would like your opinions on your team. Obviously Marshawn Lynch falling to you guys would be the optimal choice, but if he somehow doesn't make it that far who else would you look at? Are you pretty satisfied with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at CB or would you maybe look at Hall/Revis since both of your guys are starting to get a little old? Would you look at Landry/Nelson/Griffin or are you happy with your safeties? Any thought about drafting a DLineman? You have a couple studs like Kampman there who I was hoping you'd let go last year so we could sign and then KGB, but how do you like your DTs? What if someone like Amobi Okoye managed to find his way to your pick? You invested a decent amount of picks on your OLine last year, are all of those working out well or is there still room for a possible improvement somewhere in there? Any other spots on offense that you'd potentially look at in the 1st round? I see in Scott's latest mock he has you guys taking Dwayne Jarrett which doesn't make a ton of sense with Driver and Jennings on the roster.

Also, any thoughts on who you guys will be releasing this offseason that Mike Sherman will inevitably be pushing Kubiak to bring on since we seem to be collecting a lot of your castaways?

BTW, I think you guys should owe us some kind of draft pick for that Gado/Morency trade. I didn't understand it at the time and still don't understand it, Gado is an ok RB but didn't do much of anything for us this year and Morency is a genuine playmaker, albeit not a 25 carry a game RB, but still a solid runner. Way to rip us off there.

Well, I would say that IMO our biggest need is a playmaker on offense. One of our biggest problems last year was scoring in the redzone, and that was a result of no one being able to score besides Driver. So, I would say that Lynch would be the best pick if available, then I would say that a WR would be another big need. We do have driver and jennings, but besides that we dont have any depth. A third WR will be cruical for next year, and who knows if Koren Robinson can even play. The only problem is I'm not a big fan of drafting WRs in the first, unless it is a definite need. After WR, I would say that saftey would be our next biggest need with Manuel's lack of production last year, but i dont think Landry will fall to us, and im not totally sold on Nelson yet.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Craig "Buster" Davis or Robert Meachem would be guys I'd go after.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
aic4ever
Veteran

aic4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morknolle
Hey guys I'm trying to put together some ideas on the offseason and would like your opinions on your team. Obviously Marshawn Lynch falling to you guys would be the optimal choice, but if he somehow doesn't make it that far who else would you look at? Are you pretty satisfied with Charles Woodson and Al Harris at CB or would you maybe look at Hall/Revis since both of your guys are starting to get a little old?
I would think CB would be addressed in the mid to late round this year. We've got Will Blackmon from last draft still set to come back at that position as well.

Quote:
Would you look at Landry/Nelson/Griffin or are you happy with your safeties?
If Lynch is gone, Safety is probably the way to go. Although there is debate about whether another young safety is really what we need back there next to a still somewhat raw Nick Collins.

Quote:
Any thought about drafting a DLineman? You have a couple studs like Kampman there who I was hoping you'd let go last year so we could sign and then KGB, but how do you like your DTs? What if someone like Amobi Okoye managed to find his way to your pick?
Again, if anyone is taken it would be in the later rounds. KGB probably gets held onto as a situational pass rusher, if not even cut for salary purposes. He's simply not a good value when Montgomery and Hunter can be rotated in as pass rushers for less money. We moved Cullen Jenkins from DT out to DE for the primary downs and he was dominant opposite Kampman. Pickett and Corey Williams at the DT spots are bigtime and their backup in Colin Cole is solid as well.

Quote:
You invested a decent amount of picks on your OLine last year, are all of those working out well or is there still room for a possible improvement somewhere in there?
Barring Joe Thomas falling to #16, probably not. No reason for yet another rookie to get tossed into a starting spot.

Quote:
Any other spots on offense that you'd potentially look at in the 1st round? I see in Scott's latest mock he has you guys taking Dwayne Jarrett which doesn't make a ton of sense with Driver and Jennings on the roster.
It would make sense if Jarrett could be a bigtime playmaker. I don't see that happening. Neither Driver or Jennings is a major threat to stretch the field, so a receiver of that nature, possibly Ginn, could be a pick. Bowe is apparently skyrocketing after the Senior Bowl. We desperately need a game changing tight end. Zack Miller would fit, though most people feel like we could trade down a bit and still land him later in the first.

Quote:
I touched on the possibility of KGB being released. If you guys are still playing a 3-4 on defense I would imagine he'd make a good pass rushing OLB/DE in that scheme. His play against the run is awful, though. Probably won't be seeing much more than low tier guys being let go fromt he Packers this season, though. A lot of the important guys really are locked up.

Quote:
Nothing like getting a Christmas turkey for a stick of butter

Quote:
No problem. 8) Good luck.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

-Vince Lombardi
aic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does this mean that the Moss trade rumoers are ture because why would he say it so fast.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
mancl
Rookie

mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.mancl is a cocksman.

You did a good job of identifying the Packers needs.

They do need playmakers on offense- at any position. They were decent at moving the ball the first 80 yards but had lots of problems in the end zone.

Most people seem to have Lynch going #1.

They need a 3rd WR- either a true burner- Ginn like tho I'm not a fan of him. Or they could use a bigger WR- in the Plaxico Burgess/ Mohmamad mold. Someone with Jarretts physical stature makes sense if not taking him specifically

They like their O line and will let them develop together. They could bring in a LOT to develop behind Clifton but that would be a day 2 pick

The tight end position was probablly the weakest on the team last year. If you are looking for a Packer who could join you in Texas it might be Bubba Franks who was probably the worst player among the regulars.
It might benefit the Packers and Bubba if he got a change in scenery.

If Franks was the worse player Manual the strong safety was the 2nd worse. As with the tight end position they could get some help in free agency which would affect the draft.

You are right about the corners- They are getting older and Woodson played with a lot of nagging injuries. If I were drafting I would take a corner in the first 2 picks.

Those are my 2 cents.
mancl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
eagleseye

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! FAVRE!
Old 02-02-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
sik wit it
Rookie

sik wit it smells like sex panther.

FUUUUCCCKKKK YEEEEAAAAAAAA. FAVRE IS THE MAN, LAST JOURNEY GUNNA BE A GOOD ONE.
WAR PACKERS TO THE SB IN 07
Old 02-02-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah Favre.

i really want to go taunt some Dolphin fans about Dan Marino's (soon to be broken) records. 8)
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote